Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I enjoyed running with a fully upgraded Gatling gun awhile back, but it was only a Hunters legendary so it didn't have a lot of time to shine (though the 'Irrational Fear' quest kicks off just up the hill from my camp, so it got an airing there a few times) and got put on a shelf when I got my 2shot explosive RR.

I just captured Mad Dog (again) and he dropped me a two star Aristocrat's / +25% DMG aimed base Gatling, so I went home and modded it up with all mod cons, put on my [HVY WEP] build and took it out for a test drive - wow, a load of fun. I'm sitting on about 35k caps which tops out the bonus damage at +50%, and once you get it on target and start cranking it shows. With how frugal a GG is on ammo I'm tempted to Prime it, I'll only have to craft 5mm Ultracite once in a blue moon.

I don't usually use the third-person mode but for aiming the Gatling I find it's a must - it's a shame the down-the-sights aiming is so bad in 1st person.

Violet is easy to get, 5mm UC weighs gently caress all and crafting it with Ammosmith, Super Duper and Ammo Factory has a really high yield.

There is literally no reason to not Prime a GG. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
You'll also get a ton from operations

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I've got 9k rounds of it just from taking a shredder minigun with a prime receiver into the melee to kill DOs. About 3k per run.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Sensenmann posted:

Violet is easy to get, 5mm UC weighs gently caress all and crafting it with Ammosmith, Super Duper and Ammo Factory has a really high yield.

There is literally no reason to not Prime a GG. :)

Fire rate is 5 rounds per minute slower with Prime over the maxxed out vanilla gatlin. My gatlin does 198 damage with 25rpm versus the Prime rolling about 231 damage at 20rpm. That 5 rounds per minute doesn't seem like a lot, but it's noticeable if you're running around alone.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Fire rate is 5 rounds per minute slower with Prime over the maxxed out vanilla gatlin. My gatlin does 198 damage with 25rpm versus the Prime rolling about 231 damage at 20rpm. That 5 rounds per minute doesn't seem like a lot, but it's noticeable if you're running around alone.

Fair point, I'd still Prime it due to the significantly higher crafting yield.

A FFR GG would be perfect as that would balance out the fire rate you lose with the Prime Receiver.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh yeah. Mine is still primed, it just chugs a little slower than I'd like.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
New ITV is out.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/30G4oM6NTbQBeJZ7QqHJvN/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-new-update-incoming-season-5-radio-plays-and

There's also a Gold Rush event going on, double Gold turn in.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still can’t believe how this game went from utter utter loving trash to a fun fallout game I actually now want to play with my friend…instead of dreading it.

Like is their any decent YouTube videos (granted most wouldn’t do Todd the favor) like the ones on FF14 and No Man’s Sky about their redemption/not being poo poo anymore?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Anyone have any tips for the Sheepsquatch Imposterling found during the Steel Reign questline? Was a rather rude stone wall even after the bullet sponge Raider boss in the prior quest.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

Anyone have any tips for the Sheepsquatch Imposterling found during the Steel Reign questline? Was a rather rude stone wall even after the bullet sponge Raider boss in the prior quest.

Troubleshooter armor/weaponry should do the trick just fine. It is a robot, after all.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I still can’t believe how this game went from utter utter loving trash to a fun fallout game I actually now want to play with my friend…instead of dreading it.

Like is their any decent YouTube videos (granted most wouldn’t do Todd the favor) like the ones on FF14 and No Man’s Sky about their redemption/not being poo poo anymore?

Doubt it.

While the game has improved, Bethesda Austin is still horribly incompetent when it comes to patching poo poo.
They add some good stuff every now and again but any good will that might come from this is immediately trashed thanks to the bugs and other issues those patches inevitable introduce as well.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I watch Kevduit videos because I'm an idiot, but if you want actual useful advice with a german accent, Angry Turtle is the channel you want.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

it feels like the common narrative is still that the game is unplayable/broken garbage unfortunately

it sucks because honestly as it is I think it’s the second best 3D one behind New Vegas. though I’m somewhat biased towards 76’ themes and setting, being a teamster’s kid from coal country myself. even that aside though, I think 76’s world, writing, voice acting, etc is way better than 3 or 4’s. and I enjoy camp building quite a bit

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I watch Kevduit videos because I'm an idiot, but if you want actual useful advice with a german accent, Angry Turtle is the channel you want.

As a german I can assure you that this is not a german accent. He's originally from Poland but moved to Great Britain.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ah, okay. My bad. It just has that heavy bite, obviously learned english second or third. Thank you for correcting me.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Most people from eastern europe sound like this.

For us germans the only real problems are pronouncing the TH without spitting in your face or saying squirrel. :D

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
HALLO MEINE FREUNDE

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Reminder, even if you've never touched Nuclear Winter you might still have a couple of perk packs to open and level up.

You get 6 perk coins per level and 1 per overseer ticket once this mode gets sunset in september.

I just went in, found I had 178 packs to open and went from 0 to level 10. I then proceeded to be a good bush wookie and survived for a surprisingly long time doing basically gently caress all.

That's 60 perk coins for no work at all. Well, with the obvious exception of waiting for a match to even start. :)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got the bronze trophy in nuclear winter at level 69 last night.

I was hanging out, dancing in the fire with a loaded nuke briefcase last night. Ran out of stimpaks right before dropping the nuke, the fire killed me 3 seconds after I launch. Killed 7 people, no points for any of it. Still lots of stupid fun.

If you want to max out the perk coins you'll get, you need to get to level 34.

Sneaky rear end in a top hat tip: on Morgantown, start at Monogah Mine on the edge of the fire. Run east into the fire (NE when inside the fire), towards the houses, there's almost always a couple piles of crates in the fire there. Usually 2 large, 4-6 medium, 10~ small crates. Without rad-x or a radiation suit, you should be done in 30-60 seconds, have a quarter of the health bar in rads and need a stimpak, but it's worth it for the stash.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Maintenance/patch day.

Patch notes:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/33grmpp4ZZw6Za2sDgtMfN/fallout-76-update-notes-august-3-2021

Still offline, I suspect something has gone wrong and the intern is currently being yelled at.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
They fixed the cursed item naming. How about fixers?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
No idea, all my Fixers have custom names.

Edit: Just stumbled upon a vendor with a ton of Fixers. Still bugged.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
Not sure if others agree but I think today's Daily Op (Decryption with Resiliant/Armor-Piercing Robots in the Burrows) is probably the worst combinations of modifiers, mode and location I have ever seen. Even with a full team we barely scraped by under the 12 minute mark.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

SetSliRol posted:

Not sure if others agree but I think today's Daily Op (Decryption with Resiliant/Armor-Piercing Robots in the Burrows) is probably the worst combinations of modifiers, mode and location I have ever seen. Even with a full team we barely scraped by under the 12 minute mark.

I hate Resilient anything but it's not hard, imo, just annoying as gently caress.

Troubleshooter armor does work quite well, even in DOs with AP bots, but I can see why people struggle with it.

Best approach is stealth shooting the mobs, hitting for the kill, running to the next target. You absolutely need to get out of stealth every now and again otherwise the mob spawn rate will be too low to finish it fast.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SetSliRol posted:

At least the Burrows is huge, with plenty of room to spawn enough enemies to progress. But I feel bad for anyone using a bloodied build during that exact daily op, because it's almost made specifically to kill them over and over.

Decryption with camoflaged super mutants in the Burning Mine is the worst one I have seen yet. Tried it three times with 4 man teams and couldn't get below 10 minutes. There's just too many ways to gently caress up your spawns in that location.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Huh, Country Roads has vanished off the Apple Music store in the UK, so I can’t redownload it.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Spotify as well, guess their licensing agreement ran out.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah, i had a good group and we got.it.done at the 7:45 mark. That was me being bloodied and dying in one shot. Tried to be cute with a Vampire bashing minigun with the shredder. Did good damage, but if they got one shot off i was toast. I quickly switched to sneaking and shooting with a fixer.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I use one of the SPECIAL loadout options to do a shredder build. Running with a friend who has similar and we can clear that one in about 6 minutes.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Question: I'm sure I've done this before but damned if I remember - if I want to craft an underarmor to the top level, can I directly mod it if I have the top plan, or do I have to mod the underarmor with the previous stages first? I see the 1st level SS Underarmor 'Treated' & 2nd level 'Resistant' is in Minerva's big sale right now, and the 3rd level 'Protective' & 4th level 'Shielded' will be available next week, obviously I don't want to put the gold down for the 1st/2nd/3rd if I can skip to the 4th.

SS Armor info: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_Service_underarmor#Modifications

Minerva Schedules: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Minerva#Inventory

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 5, 2021

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Question: I'm sure I've done this before but damned if I remember - if I want to craft an underarmor to the top level, can I directly mod it if I have the top plan, or do I have to mod the underarmor with the previous stages first? I see the 1st level SS Underarmor 'Treated' & 2nd level 'Resistant' is in Minerva's big sale right now, and the 3rd level 'Protective' & 4th level 'Shielded' will be available next week, obviously I don't want to put the gold down for the 1st/2nd/3rd if I can skip to the 4th.

SS Armor info: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_Service_underarmor#Modifications

Minerva Schedules: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Minerva#Inventory

You only need the mod you want, not the lower tier ones. You can get shielded Secret service underarmour directly after the final wastelanders quest.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

There are certain underarmor mods that require you to have access to the previous one before you can get the better ones, but no modification requires a previous one to be built in.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Blah gently caress it.

Wee Bairns fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 6, 2021

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Got a yuge Fallout itch after playing 3 and New Vegas. Playing 2 now, finally found a decent build to play this with.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
New ITV is out.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/7T6p8FJpomEHuLTWfvdOy/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-meat-week-and-august-activities

Mumbles peddles her poo poo with a discount. Modules are, of course, excluded.

There's also double score and double XP at some point.

Only thing I care about is Meat Week. Meat Week! :D

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

New ITV is out.

There's also double score and double XP at some point.

Gotta grind those last 11-14 levels in NW, so I don't have to buy poo poo with bullion/do a ton of scorched earths to get inferno mk 3 on all my guys.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I picked up Fallout 76 last week or whatever when it went on sale.

I'm having strongly mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, its a cool Fallout game and I'm doing Fallout stuff. On the other hand, it's basically a reskinned Fallout 4 with obnoxious microtransactions and online elements.

While I am enjoying myself in the first few hours of playtime, am I better off just reinstalling Fallout 4? Does it do anything better if I'm not interested in the multiplayer elements?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Persistence is the trade off foe amount of content.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

xxEightxx posted:

Persistence is the trade off foe amount of content.

I don't think I understand. The game seems fine, although by all accounts I guess it was awful initially. That period is over, I assume? Does 76 have more content than Fallout 4? Fallout 4 has the huge mod scene. I'm assuming the online nature of 76 prevents it from taking advantage of this. It doesn't feel like, from my initial impression, that the microtransaction economy even compares with Fallout 4 DLC, nevermind the community mod scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You can run around a new fallout map and shoot fallout monsters or do whatever you want. Make a small camp like a coffee shop, etc. It's pretty much make your own fun.