Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oxxidation posted:

asphyxiation via tracheal fungus is a little more visceral conceptually than getting smacked into a wall

It was also during a training exercise that literally meant nothing, making it kinda weird to go right for the lethal force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

A thread of All for Ones.

You're Next!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Waffleman_ posted:

It was also during a training exercise that literally meant nothing, making it kinda weird to go right for the lethal force.

1-B doesn't gently caress around

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's not like Toadstool was wrong to incapacitate her enemies because stopping villains is literally a hero's job

It's just a bit out of left field and horrifying when you think about it

Meanwhile we treat Exploding Arms Boy like a completely rational human being, so...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The fungus she used actully is not lethal. It chokes you out from growing in your lungs, but some air still gets through normally. It's debilitating and can lead to death if not treated, but Shemage's mushrooms only last an hour, so unless the person she uses it on has pre existing lung problems, it's basically certain to not be fatal.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

It's not like Toadstool was wrong to incapacitate her enemies because stopping villains is literally a hero's job

It's just a bit out of left field and horrifying when you think about it

Meanwhile we treat Exploding Arms Boy like a completely rational human being, so...

His name is Great God Explosion Murder Dynamight, ttym

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MonsterEnvy posted:

The fungus she used actully is not lethal. It chokes you out from growing in your lungs, but some air still gets through normally. It's debilitating and can lead to death if not treated, but Shemage's mushrooms only last an hour, so unless the person she uses it on has pre existing lung problems, it's basically certain to not be fatal.

so she's gambling with people's lives

tsk, tsk

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

His name is Great God Explosion Murder Dynamight, ttym

And let's not even get started on that other Exploding Arms Boy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shinjobi posted:

so she's gambling with people's lives

tsk, tsk

Less Risky then punching a guy in the head honestly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:hmmyes:

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://w27.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-322/

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

13's cute

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like Izuku and Bakugo changing appearance to match each phase of their life that's being talked about. That's a good visual touch.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Bakugo calling Izuku by his actual name hits much harder than I ever expected, gently caress. I know a lot of people are probably gonna hold it against him that it took this long for a proper “I’m sorry I was a piece of poo poo, I was jealous all along” apology though.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I've neve been a Bakugo fan but that felt like a sincere apology and the visual touches during it were really neat.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
On top of everything else Catching the falling Izuku and saying "I know" when he's apologizing for saying they'd get in the way is just so great.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I was so certain Bakugou would just beat Deku into paste, but using this moment to have him give a proper human apology and handle the situation gently was exactly what his character needed. It's rare to get moments like that in shonen.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Very annoyed that Ochako basically got nothing that entire time, but Bakugo’s apology was well timed and pretty perfect. Good chapter.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Very annoyed that Ochako basically got nothing that entire time, but Bakugo’s apology was well timed and pretty perfect. Good chapter.

the last page seems to be indicating that her big moment's coming next chapter but i could be wrong

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yeah, I think her moment is coming given how she grabs Deku’s hand at the end.

Also, I might have made this chapter a bit funnier for myself by imagining the Golden Girls theme running in the background

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I liked that they really did have an answer to my dumb "how are they going to land?" question. Thanks Kirishima!

Really great chapter, loved the visuals as Bakugo was talking to Deku.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Bakugo apology is about as good as you could possibly hope for even if it's a little late. Though, considering the sense of finality here I'm not sure you could really put it earlier in the story. Really my only remaining issue with the character at this point is that his attitude problem is just irritating.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A long journey finally completed, and the world refused to change.

Good chapter.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

I liked that they really did have an answer to my dumb "how are they going to land?" question. Thanks Kirishima!

I feel like slamming into an immovable object at high speed should have bisected both of them.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I was already satisfied with Bakugo promising to become better a while back, though I can't exactly remember what he said, but I like how this moment builds upon that conceit.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ah yes im gonna def believe the guy whos been a bully and a piece of poo poo for like 18 years now was just jealous. it was a nice apology but i dont believe it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I mean even back during the practice fight in season 1 Bakugo accuses Deku of looking down on him. There’s always been an inferiority complex there

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Ramadu posted:

ah yes im gonna def believe the guy whos been a bully and a piece of poo poo for like 18 years now was just jealous. it was a nice apology but i dont believe it

I mean... It seems reasonable? He's been steadily less of a jerk as he's spent more time with and learned more about Deku. Every indication is that what he's saying is true - as you get older and gain context and empathy things you felt and said retroactively gain meaning that you didn't see at the time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ramadu posted:

Time is a flat circle

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rhonne posted:

Really great chapter, loved the visuals as Bakugo was talking to Deku.

I think it's even funnier that they admit it was pure dumb luck that Kirishima was there to catch them, which means they went through all this elaborate trouble to launch Iida after Deku with absolutely no idea how they were going to stick the landing.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Time is a flat circle

What does this even mean?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ramadu posted:

You're kind of dumb.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're kind of dumb.

ok thank u for the insult i guess

Eustace posted:

What does this even mean?

its because the thread has been defending bakugo for like 10 years now so the same opinions keep popping up because the author has done an awful job of making their favorite character have a believable arc. i guess it makes sense because the only thing bullies understand is power and since deku has one for all hes the strongest now

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You have to be ignoring both text and subtext on an absolutely ridiculous degree to justify that reading even if you weren't talking about a literal teenager, many of whom are tremendous shits for personal reasons and grow up and mature.

I'm pretty sure you're just going "He was a bully and thus the only reasonable outcome for him is death" because "Hey, I was wrong, here was why I was wrong, I am really and genuinely sorry and I am expressing my emotions openly and honestly" is a significantly better end beat for that storyline in terms of both emotional catharsis and character development then anything else.

Like it's 100% clear that you see 'bully' first and instantly jump to 'iredeemable shithead' and while I'm sure most people posting here had bully problems (god knows I did) you also have to acknowledge that the behavior someone engaged in as a child doesn't define them for the rest of their life.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 7, 2021

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ImpAtom posted:

You have to be ignoring both text and subtext on an absolutely ridiculous degree to justify that reading even if you weren't talking about a literal teenager, many of whom are tremendous shits for personal reasons and grow up and mature.

I'm pretty sure you're just going "He was a bully and thus the only reasonable outcome for him is death" because "Hey, I was wrong, here was why I was wrong, I am really and genuinely sorry and I am expressing my emotions openly and honestly" is a significantly better end beat for that storyline in terms of both emotional catharsis and character development then anything else.

Like it's 100% clear that you see 'bully' first and instantly jump to 'iredeemable shithead' and while I'm sure most people posting here had bully problems (god knows I did) you also have to acknowledge that the behavior someone engaged in as a child doesn't define them for the rest of their life.

the behavior he engaged in that same school year

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

The funny thing about this is that half these people are fans of Vegeta.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ramadu posted:

the behavior he engaged in that same school year

Yes, and he has shown steady and reliably growth for almost that entire time frame. It isn't like he went right from Chapter 1 to this with nothing happening in between. People change extremely drat quickly in both fiction and high school. A dude who bullied me relentlessly one year became a genuine friend the next year and it came down to things happening in his personal life that forced him to reevaluate his behavior and that abso-loving-lutely describes Bakugo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can't believe some guy with most of their posts in this thread being about how Bakugo sucks still hates Bakugo after this latest chapter!! It doesn't make any sense.......

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I can't believe some guy with most of their posts in this thread being about how Bakugo sucks still hates Bakugo after this latest chapter!! It doesn't make any sense.......

I mean you can blame it on that but Arist is also a noted Not Bakugo Likerand was at least willing to acknowledge the apology was genuine and logically placed, even if they still don't like the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Bullies can grow up and mature and the damage they deal in that process lasts forever

In conclusion launch Bakugo into orbit