Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Item Getter posted:

I noticed her shirt also changes to say different things on the screens for ordering and eating at restaurants.

Oh man that's a neat detail. Sadly, I can't actually get a full shot of the sentences, since they're cut off on the in-game assets. Doesn't seem like the artbook has the full versions either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, is there any way to avoid the roar attack the T-Rex Noise use? It seems to be undodgeable and hits the entire party for a good chunk of damage

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Wow. Pachy R&R is a big jump in difficulty. I guess I should be avoiding chaining these during the Slam.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, is there any way to avoid the roar attack the T-Rex Noise use? It seems to be undodgeable and hits the entire party for a good chunk of damage

It covers a large area in front of it, but it doesn't go that far back or really stretch to the side much either. It has a long windup time, so during that just circle around and away and you should be good.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Shyfted One posted:

Do I have to actually be good at maxing the bonus multiplier every fight?

You should try but there's a good chance you won't be able to max it every fight. It's honestly more important to try and get the finishing blow with a pin that's as high damaging as possible, and try for multi-kills.

Shyfted One posted:

Wow. Pachy R&R is a big jump in difficulty. I guess I should be avoiding chaining these during the Slam.

Unfortunately, these are also one of the best things to chain during slam because of how easy it is to get them to 5x multiplier. :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Caidin posted:

Why does canned air have nearly 500 calories?

500 calories of pure undiluted style.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I beat the super boss on my second attempt first time I died was when he did his big desperation attack. I didn't know what to do and was apparently standing too close so everyone ate like 5k damage lol and was kinda surprised how easy it was. I was level 31 on hard and abusing a regen pin I brought with me but the attacks were, funny enough, too slow to really cause any issue.

I'll have to try it again on ult to see if anything changes but I wanted the hard mode pin so eh.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The only real difference is because your damage output is reduced, it takes longer. Honestly, of all the postgame fights I thought the hardest was Cervus Alpha, not because it's really harder per se (it's only Cervus' first phase even) but because it swaps the infinite trash from frogs/ravens to pufferfish.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Remind me again where Rhyme and Coco during Another Day?

Also can you do the 3 side quests during that day in the middle of the main one or do you have to wait until you’re done with that first (like how in the first game you couldn’t enter Pork City if you’d already started the Tin Pin arc)?

Also out of curiosity, does Sho have any unique dialogue if you take him into one of the fights with himself

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Has to be in the middle, because they don't appear until you talk to Hishima to start the Reaper's Romp, and it can't be after because the credits roll after Shiba Alpha and you're kicked back to Chapter Select. Another Day functions like, well, another day in that regard.

Also, Rhyme is in Dogenaka and Coco is at Takeshita.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, I assumed it worked like the first game where completing the Another Day main story just dumped you back at the Crossing where you were free to explore/fight Noise. Good to know then

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Caidin posted:

Weed.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

Caidin posted:

You eat the can.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
What's the can made from?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Kantesu posted:

What's the can made from?

The can is also weed.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, I forget but was it ever explained how Shoka died and came to the UG to begin with (she makes a comment during the final week essentially about her being in the same boat as Neku)? Not sure how it all works for Reapers though (though we know Players can become one under certain circumstances).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 6, 2021

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Oh wow, those elephant Noise sure belong like, at least half a week later than W1D6. Or need like half as much HP. Do they have a weak point? Sharks really hate knock back attacks from what I can tell and it immediately exposes them, something like that?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Larryb posted:

I already watched the secret ending on YouTube (it's basically a conversation between Josh and Haz where we learn that the latter was Shinjiku's Composer). Though that said, since I don't think I'll be going for them are there any interesting tidbits in this game's Secret Reports?

They're not as important to the game as in TWEWY (where they basically explained everything that happened behind the scenes and you needed to read those to understand why the plot went the way it did in that game), but they do still explain quite a few details about what happened or why certain things happened. Or in one case why certain characters could not interfere in the game this time, such as Joshua and Hanekoma. They weren't allowed to while the game was going on. While Kubo overstepped his bounds, several of the Angels still wanted to see Shibuya cleansed, which is how he got away with what he did until Haz finally decided to step in and punish him.

If you're diligent enough in filling out the social network nodes you'll get the secret reports that essentially warn you that Rindo's powers are dangerous before said subject comes up in the game itself.

Last Celebration posted:

Oh wow, those elephant Noise sure belong like, at least half a week later than W1D6. Or need like half as much HP. Do they have a weak point? Sharks really hate knock back attacks from what I can tell and it immediately exposes them, something like that?

Get used to it because Elephants and T-Rexes are essentially boss noises in their own right, and there's a stronger variant every week. They're just that strong, and you'll just have to whittle them down. :shepface:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The elephant noises have a few weaknesses to certain elements, but no real tricks other than that, you just gotta chip away at their massive health bar. Be mindful of their attacks, they're pretty easy to dodge but will destroy you if you get hit. Status effects are pretty useful too; anything that freezes or petrifys will stun them for quite a while.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

I can't remember how viable it is at that point, but hitting them with status effects (metalbound/stone/frozen) so they can rarely attack is pretty good. Otherwise just prepare to dodge when they rear back to do the earthquake move and learn the timing. They are a rather rude bump up in difficulty.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Araxxor posted:

They're not as important to the game as in TWEWY (where they basically explained everything that happened behind the scenes and you needed to read those to understand why the plot went the way it did in that game), but they do still explain quite a few details about what happened or why certain things happened. Or in one case why certain characters could not interfere in the game this time, such as Joshua and Hanekoma. They weren't allowed to while the game was going on. While Kubo overstepped his bounds, several of the Angels still wanted to see Shibuya cleansed, which is how he got away with what he did until Haz finally decided to step in and punish him.

That makes sense. It was weird that Josh didn’t step in to defend his home turf until the very end (though to be fair, back in the first game he was originally planning on cleansing the city himself)

Also if Haz was Shinjuku’s Composer, do we have any idea who the Conductor was?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

That makes sense. It was weird that Josh didn’t step in to defend his home turf until the very end (though to be fair, back in the first game he was originally planning on cleansing the city himself)

Also if Haz was Shinjuku’s Composer, do we have any idea who the Conductor was?

Only that the original Conductor was Tsugumi's older brother. He didn't want to see Shibuya cleansed, so Haz planted Kubo in the group to behind his back to initiate it. Tsugumi suspected foul play and got demoted to a regular player by Kubo for her troubles (Shoka didn't have the whole picture since she joined later. Tsugumi was a Reaper before she was a player.) and due to how Shinjuku's Reaper rules worked, she was going to be erased before her brother paid the price himself to transfer her soul to Mr. Mew. Shinjuku was essentially what happened if Joshua actually went through with his plans in TWEWY.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do the secret reports go into any further detail on Coco? I still don’t really understand what her deal is aside from being a Shibuya Reaper who for whatever reason wasn’t involved in the original game but showed up in A New Day to drag Neku and Beat into a fake Shibuya and set her plans into motion.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Anyway, Another Day complete. Good game overall, hope they make another one eventually.

It seems I’m going to have to get some better pins/threads and maybe grind a bit of health before I can tackle the Final Dive (I got up to the last round before being oneshot by a T-Rex while I was at full health) and the superboss (even using the attack and run strategy he still wound up kicking my rear end). The main story and Final Time Attack weren’t much of an issue for me at least.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

Do the secret reports go into any further detail on Coco? I still don’t really understand what her deal is aside from being a Shibuya Reaper who for whatever reason wasn’t involved in the original game but showed up in A New Day to drag Neku and Beat into a fake Shibuya and set her plans into motion.

Not much really. The only thing mentioned about her was that her resurrection of Minamoto was botched a bit. Whether it was deliberate or not is ambiguous and not stated in the reports. (If it was deliberate, it was likely to keep him on a leash considering his past behavior.) But it's the reason why he acts slightly differently compared to his previous incarnations, and might've granted him some extra sensitivity to detect distortions. As for why she didn't warrant much mention, she probably dropped off Hanekoma's and Joshua's radars once her true intentions came to light, despite her extreme methods.

As for the external deal with that character, she was essentially the mascot for the microtransaction store added to the iOS port of the game. When the microtransactions got taken out of the Final Remix version, the contents of said store got redistributed to other in-game stores in that port, and Coco got repurposed to be an actual character. It's why she claimed to have been helping Neku and Beat even though they had no idea who she was in A New Day, an off hand reference to her original role.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I've been making steady progress towards 100% without having to look stuff up, but I'm 1 dibaryon short of buying my final piece of clothing and I have no idea where to get it. Meanwhile I'm sitting on 2 sfermion with no apparent use and I could even buy another.

Also, does anyone know which day you fight the non-boss Plague Pachy?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Peewi posted:

I've been making steady progress towards 100% without having to look stuff up, but I'm 1 dibaryon short of buying my final piece of clothing and I have no idea where to get it. Meanwhile I'm sitting on 2 sfermion with no apparent use and I could even buy another.

Also, does anyone know which day you fight the non-boss Plague Pachy?

The ones you can buy are the final ones. They aren't there as a safety net for missing previous material pins, as they're limited in stock.

As for your second statement W3D6.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Larryb posted:

Also out of curiosity, does Sho have any unique dialogue if you take him into one of the fights with himself

I just got to the superboss fight with him in my party, there's a pretty funny bit of dialogue.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Araxxor posted:

The ones you can buy are the final ones. They aren't there as a safety net for missing previous material pins, as they're limited in stock.

As for your second statement W3D6.

That makes sense, but I have no way of knowing where I missed one. Time to look up a guide and try everything, I guess.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Huh, you can get at least one secret report before the postgame. Looks like it was hitting 70% of the Social Network?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Peewi posted:

That makes sense, but I have no way of knowing where I missed one. Time to look up a guide and try everything, I guess.

Also the material pins are locked to each week. Axions are locked to week 1, Dilatons are found in week 2, and Dibaryons are in week 3. So that should help narrow things down.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thehoodie posted:

I just got to the superboss fight with him in my party, there's a pretty funny bit of dialogue.

Yup, I got that too. Out of curiosity, does that scene change at all if Minamimoto isn’t in your party?

Also Sho’s gotten a pretty major upgrade here, I’d recommend swapping him for whoever currently has the lowest stats on your team

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Kantesu posted:

I can't remember how viable it is at that point, but hitting them with status effects (metalbound/stone/frozen) so they can rarely attack is pretty good. Otherwise just prepare to dodge when they rear back to do the earthquake move and learn the timing. They are a rather rude bump up in difficulty.

They seemed weak to poison but also the poison was barely doing anything, good thing I have those frozen exploding darts pins cause they really needed like even the slightest amount of lag between any of their moves for them not to slow the game to a crawl.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I googled it and I've found my missing Dibaryon.

On w3d2 you need to say the right things to Shoka on the first try to get one. Thankfully that is also googlable.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Peewi posted:

I googled it and I've found my missing Dibaryon.

On w3d2 you need to say the right things to Shoka on the first try to get one. Thankfully that is also googlable.

You don't. You just need to make sure you say the right things to Shoka on all the timelines. You can go back to a segment to redo the conversation, and Rindo will say whether or not that segment was done correctly.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Do I need to unlock a way to more conveniently re-fight bosses and other unique enemies for their pin drops? I tried going back to Day 1 to do the scorpion but having to go through the whole day each attempt seems less than ideal. I seem to remember in the first game that on revisiting chapters bosses would show up as Blue Noise so you could fight them repeatedly without having to end the chapter. Is that still a feature here?

Anyway game's cool, I just finished Week 2 Day 2 and the instant I heard Beat's voice I was like OH poo poo that was a great moment. I figured something was weird with "Neku's" blonde hair but I didn't see that one coming.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm wrapping up 100% and aside from some pins (uuugh) I noticed that I'm somehow still missing a remind thing? I've done every sidequest and did all 3 optional post game things so I don't know where I could of missed it.

Regy Rusty posted:

Do I need to unlock a way to more conveniently re-fight bosses and other unique enemies for their pin drops? I tried going back to Day 1 to do the scorpion but having to go through the whole day each attempt seems less than ideal. I seem to remember in the first game that on revisiting chapters bosses would show up as Blue Noise so you could fight them repeatedly without having to end the chapter. Is that still a feature here?

Anyway game's cool, I just finished Week 2 Day 2 and the instant I heard Beat's voice I was like OH poo poo that was a great moment. I figured something was weird with "Neku's" blonde hair but I didn't see that one coming.

The boss noise can show up after you buy a skill on the social link yeah

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The boss noise can show up after you buy a skill on the social link yeah

That makes sense! I'll wait to do my chapter hopping till I get that then.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

That makes sense! I'll wait to do my chapter hopping till I get that then.

Be warned that you don’t get that particular link until near the very end of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

Be warned that you don’t get that particular link until near the very end of the game

Yeah that's fine. Better than wasting my time doing the whole story of each day 4+ times.