Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pete Dunn sounds like a disease english colonials would get from dryhumping infested cotton bales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

It took me like a full day to realize Pete Dunne is, in fact, not Executive Producer Kevin Dunn

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

coconono posted:

Pete Dunn looks like a disease english colonials would get from dryhumping infested cotton bales.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that's not a mouthguard

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Petey might already be ready to bounce as is, wouldn't be surprised if he left Adam Cole's Refugee Camp For Short Wrestlers

https://twitter.com/BlerdEclectic/status/1423685385419464708

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
"AEW Fans, get over yourselves" as WWE is getting lower than WCW's lowest rated show of all time at 1.7 and NXT is pulling 500k

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...maybe they're using the Observer awards definition?

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I watched the first half of smackdown for the first time in forever and there was a Dominic and a tamina match.I know most of them are disingenuous but how can you run an aew botches account with a straight face.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Willninho posted:

I watched the first half of smackdown for the first time in forever and there was a Dominic and a tamina match.I know most of them are disingenuous but how can you run an aew botches account with a straight face.

you don't, you run it to be willfully disingenuous because you buy into the culture war

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That guy posted a picture of Kenny and Roman 10 years ago with Roman in NXT and Kenny doing some comedy spot in Japan and I said that Roman was in a garage in Florida and Kenny was already a star selling out the Budokan for DDT. The guy blocked me for pointing that out.

It's just an echo chamber. These guys have a toxic codependent relationship with each other completely based on the little endorphin rush they get when they agree with each other that, yes, indeed, the wrestling company they don't like is bad.

Y'know, like what we would be if we weren't so cool and sexy and smart.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/storytellerwes2/status/1423849364905205760?s=20

2 jobbers, a guy feuding with one of the jobbers, and a guy who has to be worried that his next opponent is going to end his career by dropping him on his head.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
has jinder even been on tv in months? i don't remember seeing him in summaries in ages

also yeah zelina's doing Great lmao. has she won a match yet since returning halfway through commercial

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

flatluigi posted:

has jinder even been on tv in months? i don't remember seeing him in summaries in ages

also yeah zelina's doing Great lmao. has she won a match yet since returning halfway through commercial

Yeah, Jinder and Drew are feuding over a motorcycle, or a sword, or something else stupid.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hurry up talking coyote, I wanna post one too.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Accidentally posted in the podcasts thread which I guess is technically correct.

I’ll never pass up a chance to laugh at tights and fights.

https://twitter.com/tightsfights/status/1423862110178594819?s=21

They also seem pretty adamant about calling AEW racist the past few days because they’ve gotta prop WWE up somehow.

MJeff posted:

Hurry up talking coyote, I wanna post one too.

Don’t rush me you’re making me antsy!!

A talking coyote fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 7, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/TightsFights/status/1423865736997457925

All those people that grew in NXT. :lol:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

davidbix posted:

...maybe they're using the Observer awards definition?

Hell this conversation alone has shot Tyler Bate tpo the top of my Most Underrated 2021 list over Mascara Dorada/Gran Metallik and KUSHIDA because I literally forgot he existed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Reminder that one of the Tights and Fights people posted that take that Marko Stunt being a jobber who gets squashed by big guys was like, ableist against short people or whatever

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/SportsAreAndy/status/1423869792230903811

https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/620060895209779200

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A talking coyote posted:

Accidentally posted in the podcasts thread which I guess is technically correct.

I’ll never pass up a chance to laugh at tights and fights.

https://twitter.com/tightsfights/status/1423862110178594819?s=21

They also seem pretty adamant about calling AEW racist the past few days because they’ve gotta prop WWE up somehow.

Maybe an argument could be made there since New Day have been champion and Lashley is champion while apart from Shida, the AEW champions haven’t been as diverse.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe an argument could be made there since New Day have been champion and Lashley is champion while apart from Shida, the AEW champions haven’t been as diverse.

I think you're forgetting about Scorpio Sky, Riho, and Nyla Rose.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Benne posted:

Reminder that one of the Tights and Fights people posted that take that Marko Stunt being a jobber who gets squashed by big guys was like, ableist against short people or whatever

"lazy and regressive" was the term I remember; and I always will because its incredibly funny.

The people that try to do the 'WWE is progressive/more progressive than xxx company" thing are funny to me simply because you can almost always just respond with something Vince said/did in the past, or just say "they take millions of dollars from a murderous dictatorship to hold shows there and will go back again despite having their roster taken hostage once". Doesn't excuse other promotions obviously (although a lot of the take you see are incredibly overblown) but using WWE as your model is very funny.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

For posterity

https://twitter.com/LindseyKelk/status/1245561913884307457?s=19

"Deeply uncomfortable" was the part that got me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The part I remember is when everybody dunked on it, she was like "oh boy looks like the WRESTLING MEN are at it again 🙄"

TV Zombie posted:

I mean, it's easy to point out how lily white the lineage of the AEW World Championship and TNT Championship (....I dunno where Miro falls in this conversation) are so far, but, I don't think there's any PoC on the AEW roster that should have held those belts by this point. Scorpio Sky wasn't right for the TNT Championship and I say that as somebody who really loves Scorpio Sky. Who else is there? Hobbs, Big Shotty, Top Flight, Red Velvet, Jade Cargill, these are all prospects on the come-up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Leaving everything else aside, the idea that WWE booking more PoC to win championships equals treating them better overall hinges on the idea that a WWE title actually means something, which is a questionable proposition at best.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They definitely had big plans for Lio Rush but then he Grandpa Simpson'd his way out of the company. Maybe they can still use those plans when he unretires for the fourth time next year.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
give lucha bros belts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MotU posted:

give lucha bros belts.

That's your solution to everything.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MJeff posted:

That's your solution to everything.

it's a pretty good solution

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It also feels a bit weird to compare the amount of PoC champions to a company with 2-ish years of title lineage compared to WWE/F going back to 1979.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

WWE has had 5 black world champions in 50 years, this is good and progressive

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TheKingslayer posted:

It also feels a bit weird to compare the amount of PoC champions to a company with 2-ish years of title lineage compared to WWE/F going back to 1979.

It's also weirdly dismissive of all the WoC talent filling out the women's division and getting pushes (including the first-ever trans champion in a major company, who also happens to be half-Black). Even the goofy tag team tournament they never mentioned again was at least won by a Cuban and a Puerto Rican.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 7, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

Leaving everything else aside, the idea that WWE booking more PoC to win championships equals treating them better overall hinges on the idea that a WWE title actually means something, which is a questionable proposition at best.

Let's also remember that putting the title on a PoC doesn't actually mean any part of the rest of the promotion is less racist. Bill Watts was famous for putting the title on a black babyface and trying to build the company around them and he was famously one of the most racist men in a racist industry.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Benne posted:

It's also weirdly dismissive of all the WoC talent filling out the women's division and getting pushes (including the first-ever trans champion in a major company, who also happens to be half-Black). Even the goofy tag team tournament they never mentioned again was at least won by a Mexican and a Puerto Rican.

Diamante is Cuban-American, not Mexican.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Benne posted:

It's also weirdly dismissive of all the WoC talent filling out the women's division and getting pushes (including the first-ever trans champion in a major company, who also happens to be half-Black). Even the goofy tag team tournament they never mentioned again was at least won by a Mexican and a Puerto Rican.

Diamanté is Cuban B, I believe Ivelisse is Puerto Rican though.

Efb

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I stand corrected

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/bernardomayne/status/1417667433893093377

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
While we're talking about how useless the PC is in the other thread, let's take a second to point out that Raquel is one of its graduates and when confronted with a situation where her opponent was potentially injured, she dealt with it by standing still and screaming "GET UP" at her to make absolutely sure the camera was focused on her the entire time, then on the finish she just loving dropped her with a power bomb and didn't guide her down at all.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MJeff posted:

While we're talking about how useless the PC is in the other thread, let's take a second to point out that Raquel is one of its graduates and when confronted with a situation where her opponent was potentially injured, she dealt with it by standing still and screaming "GET UP" at her to make absolutely sure the camera was focused on her the entire time, then on the finish she just loving dropped her with a power bomb and didn't guide her down at all.

that Charlotte did this too while the others tried to protect Kairi it seems to be something they're taught to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

worth remembering that before Lashley, the only Black WWE champions up to that point were The Rock and Kofi Kingston, the latter of which began nearly 21 years after Rocky's first title win and ended in six seconds by Brock

the only other Black world champions before then were Booker T, Mark Henry, Lashley, and Ezekiel Jackson, of whom the former two aren't represented by a current belt since the WHC was merged into the WWE title and seldom mentioned again, and the latter two are disputed because the ECW world title was deactivated at the moment that Jackson won and it's seldom mentioned amongst WWE's top titles (even though, you know, it was a top title)

also, the only Asian men to hold top titles in the Fed are the Iron Sheik, the Great Khali, and Jinder Mahal, and Khali only held the WHC, so yeah

the Fed has been a bit better at crowning Black and Asian women as champions, what with Bull Nakano being the first Japanese person to hold a top title in the Fed, and after her you have Jacqueline, Jazz, Gail Kim, Layla, Alicia Fox, Sasha Banks, Naomi, and currently Bianca Belair, but again, everyone before Sasha is representing a deactivated lineage

anyway, AEW is literally two years old and it has already been less institutionally racist than the WWE has in its lifetime, and yeah, it could do a bit better in terms of representation in its men's division, but they'll get better tbh