Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress, I have to praise Tom O'Neill's decision to leave his interviews with Manson for the confused swill at the bottom of the epilogue. Totally burned out and still doing his insane guru shtick and just rambling nonsense. we'll just never loving know the truth, it's buried out there.

The most chilling part is when he talks about how close he got, one thread away from sewing Manson to Jolly West and all of the insane fuckery of JFK, MLK, Fred Hampton, gently caress anything you want, they walked the same corridors at the clinic but nobody put them together or will cop to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

He is ultimately right. No matter whether or not he started the project to be about manson, none of it really is about manson

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

dead gay comedy forums posted:

reading Legacy of Ashes and I got to Clinton, my god

this book is making me understand the power of capital in entirely different ways. Like, although the author goes out of his way to mention the seldom competent guy, ever since Eisenhower it basically relied on having money to do anything and anything that worked was a consequence of spending towards the effect. holy poo poo
Reminds me of The Spy which is more or less the story of Israel spending enough money to get their man into the upper echelons of Syria with great success

until he was caught, tortured and executed but none of that is really a possibility if, say, instead of doing it to another country we just do it internally. Or do it to allies that wouldn't risk embarrassing us both.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Sausages posted:

Reminds me of The Spy which is more or less the story of Israel spending enough money to get their man into the upper echelons of Syria with great success

until he was caught, tortured and executed but none of that is really a possibility if, say, instead of doing it to another country we just do it internally. Or do it to allies that wouldn't risk embarrassing us both.

Sasha Baron Cohen played this guy. Alex siddig (Dr Bashir from DS9) played the Syrian counterintelligence director. It was a decent movie.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Did you know it was THE RUSSIANS that was funnelling money through Latin America to fund drug cartels and flood American streets with crack cocaine?

I don’t play COD because, propaganda aside, I’d be paying $60 for a 2hr campaign, and COD multiplayer is the shittiest multiplayer shooter in existence, and that’s before factoring the player base that uses the N-word as frequently as normal people use words like ‘umm’ or ‘uhh.’

But lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

gently caress, I have to praise Tom O'Neill's decision to leave his interviews with Manson for the confused swill at the bottom of the epilogue. Totally burned out and still doing his insane guru shtick and just rambling nonsense. we'll just never loving know the truth, it's buried out there.

The most chilling part is when he talks about how close he got, one thread away from sewing Manson to Jolly West and all of the insane fuckery of JFK, MLK, Fred Hampton, gently caress anything you want, they walked the same corridors at the clinic but nobody put them together or will cop to it

tfw you realize james ellroy's 60s trilogy was actually incredibly restrained

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Mola Yam posted:

lol who is supposed to "control" stonehenge? like what's the conspiracy here? is this mudflood poo poo?

stonehenge has been thoroughly hosed with for all of its 5000 years, and has likely meant completely different things to different people through history and pre-history. we're just the latest

may have been said already but I think this is a way of proving to English citizens that they come from advanced ancient stock in order to legitimize and embolden British exceptionalism. After their contraction of empire following the end of the Victorian Era and WWII, nationalistic framing could be used to bolster faith in govt, especially if there's an intention to subvert labor organization and class awareness as austerity policies take hold

I recently watched a 1979 movie from the UK called The Long Good Friday with Bob Hoskins and Helen Miren. Hoskins plays a bigoted crime boss who is trying to modernize a harbor in London in order to "restore Britain to it's true glory" and reassert itself as the fulcrum of world culture and heritage. But the guy is fully out of his depth and has no concept of politics or history. His project is doomed but he just can't get it through his head that he represents everything bad about imperialism. Hoskins is doing a Wimp Lo, he's been taught wrong and used by the powers that be as they maintain a crumbled empire

Adam Curtis talks about this too- a national and cultural reorganization that allows the traditional power elite to maintain control following the wane of empire. Or the old men sobbing in the streets following the Brexit vote pleading, "I just want my country back!" abloo bloo bloo

I dunno, maybe I'm way off, thanks for reading

e: also, the American mafia features heavily in the movie and they get really offended about the culture stuff too

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Aug 7, 2021

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

like idk, i think if there's an angle to that its more adapting you for homelessness/living-in-a-car while you work at amazon than for the water wars.

because when the water wars come lol at anyone who is paying attention to taking a shower when you're fighting for survival

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
There's already a cspammer in the covid thread saying that their city water is contaminated with feces and thus covid and they got a boil advisory but don't want to shower in their lovely covid water lol. It's already starting.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ram dass in hell posted:

There's already a cspammer in the covid thread saying that their city water is contaminated with feces and thus covid and they got a boil advisory but don't want to shower in their lovely covid water lol. It's already starting.

a website that hooks in to all the water companies and maps boil advisories on a national scale would be an interesting thing to watch over the next few years

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

smarxist posted:

a website that hooks in to all the water companies and maps boil advisories on a national scale would be an interesting thing to watch over the next few years

make it into an app and you've got a billion dollar idea

nut
Jul 30, 2019

sorry I haven’t been doing any kind of diving because I’m reading a bunch of lame theory but I can keep acting as a news ticker so here

https://twitter.com/cavdef_george/status/1423793098522611715?s=21

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1422225316068614144?s=19

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mola Yam posted:

lol who is supposed to "control" stonehenge? like what's the conspiracy here? is this mudflood poo poo?

stonehenge has been thoroughly hosed with for all of its 5000 years, and has likely meant completely different things to different people through history and pre-history. we're just the latest

Stonehenge is vitally important, it gives a free monument to every city you own and generates great prophet points

(honestly I'm half joking at this point because I'm sure some natsec guy thinks about cultural things like this in exactly in a Civilization frame of mind. I mean that's why the Nazis IRL were interested in any kind of religious and historical artifacts and such to give legitimacy to their ideology...)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

nut posted:

sorry I haven’t been doing any kind of diving because I’m reading a bunch of lame theory but I can keep acting as a news ticker so here

hoooooooly poo poo

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The small town I live in is having an insane drought right now and is running out of water. People also like to say we won't be affected by climate change because we are not near any oceans so won't get the rising tides lol

50% chance you will smell worse after taking a shower since they are scraping the bottom of a lovely manmade lake for water.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly were heavily involved working for the CIA in the 1980 to present doing PR and dirty campaigning work in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe. They also worked heavily with the GOP. It is amazing to think that under Trump, these people were put away in jail for loyally serving the CIA. Both of them are/were insanely connected to the CIA, yet they got thrown in jail.

I wonder if there were lots of other CIA connected employees or people who got scared once they saw what was happening to Manafort and Stone. Was this some kind of play by the Trump admin to get other people to keep their heads down and shut up if they had compromising info on Trump? I mean Stone and Manafort were pardoned, but its amazing that they were put in a position to air dirty laundry to try to escape their charges.

They are horrible horrible people, so hopefully their life just caught up with them, but even people like Oliver North didn't have to go to prison.

I Miss Snausages has issued a correction as of 02:49 on Aug 8, 2021

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the CIA killed Trevor Moore

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kitty w needed revenge for his spilling on kitty poppy

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004

nut posted:

it's like crack

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Trabisnikof posted:

like idk, i think if there's an angle to that its more adapting you for homelessness/living-in-a-car while you work at amazon than for the water wars.

because when the water wars come lol at anyone who is paying attention to taking a shower when you're fighting for survival

or the ruling elite openly admitting they aren't going to spend a dime on maintaining the water infrastructure in the parts of the country that don't matter.

or all of the above

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Stevie Lee posted:

the CIA killed Trevor Moore

this thread showed me how CIA connected freaks intersect with the history of everything, and so this feels like a timely clip

https://youtu.be/3JFTshvUiWA

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

this thread showed me how CIA connected freaks intersect with the history of everything, and so this feels like a timely clip

https://youtu.be/3JFTshvUiWA

"Have you seen Rosemary's Baby?" 💀 Holy poo poo dude

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
does anyone have the background information on Tucker Carlson having a job lined up at the CIA and then him being "rejected" before he went into journalism?

all the stories I can find are either about the NSA "spying on him" or of the "lol Tucker applied to work for the CIA and they rejected his application!" variety.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

does anyone have the background information on Tucker Carlson having a job lined up at the CIA and then him being "rejected" before he went into journalism?

all the stories I can find are either about the NSA "spying on him" or of the "lol Tucker applied to work for the CIA and they rejected his application!" variety.
After graduating from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut in 1991, Carlson applied to work for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), but was rejected. It was then that he decided to follow in his father's footsteps and pursue a career in journalism.
https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-biography-of-right-wing-superstar-2020-7?amp&__twitter_impression=true

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

deep state judged him and found him wanting

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
How relevant is it if, say, Tucker Carlson is confirmed agent or asset? Consider that he sought to enlist, yes? So he would "journalism" in line with preferred CIA narratives regardless. Much of the subterfuge manipulation is in line with Murdoch's (say) own goals anyway, dontcha think?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Citizen CIA is surely the most important work the CIA performs (as pertains to their own ends). Once brainwashing via media/journos/Hollywood occurs (all confirmed, no conspiracy here) normal citizenry will do internal CIA narrative policing without recompense. See: experimental vaxx consent-making.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
TV media people are some of the dumbest mother fuckers alive and constantly have the chance to slip up and reveal sources for information or poo poo like having ties to CIA so i don't know if they'd be effective assets as opposed to just feeding information/narratives that you want out there to the people who can get it in front of them

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Tucker took the same path as Anderson Cooper, although Cooper got a much more prestigious role to play as he comes from higher stock

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

The Saucer Hovers posted:

hoooooooly poo poo

They killed him a month after they killed Epstein lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

who's michael aquino and what's the temple of set

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Shear Modulus posted:

Bruh

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

MLSM posted:

They killed him a month after they killed Epstein lol

i am still reeling from that document

i dont do effort posts because im a tired stupid old man but its so significant

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

drat u are gonna love finding out

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

How relevant is it if, say, Tucker Carlson is confirmed agent or asset? Consider that he sought to enlist, yes? So he would "journalism" in line with preferred CIA narratives regardless. Much of the subterfuge manipulation is in line with Murdoch's (say) own goals anyway, dontcha think?

All journalists are agents or assets. They’re either put in place from the agency or are hired because they’re stupid enough to believe in the neoliberal line.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

nut posted:

drat u are gonna love finding out

where do i look

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

where do i look

I don’t think I have a singular source I learned about him from I actually think I learned the most from last podcast on the left years ago but the wiki article has some p good gems tho they are unelaborated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_Set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

All journalists are agents or assets. They’re either put in place from the agency or are hired because they’re stupid enough to believe in the neoliberal line.

ok now replace journalists with podcasters