Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Thank gently caress

If they really want to help me play at night, they can make it so headphones mute the tv like both other consoles do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Professor Beetus posted:

Anyone else get sucked into Neon Abyss? Tried it out since I liked the aesthetic and it feels like a perfect game pass game. It feels like a synthed out gun centric Rogue Legacy, and so far after a few hours of play it feels a lot more fair than Spelunky 2. There's plenty of roguelites out there at the moment but I would say it's definitely worth checking out if you have game pass.

Yea Neon Abyss is very good, it reminded me of a side-scrolling Enter the Gungeon. My only complaint was the meta-progression skill tree seemed too grindy/expensive, I had beaten the game without even being close to filling out some of those trees.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I picked up AC Valhalla in the summer sale and I've been playing it for about a week now and it's pretty great! Much better than I had anticipated, although I'm not very far in yet. It has some fun mechanics.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

I didn't follow gaming news for over a decade and this is my first xbox but drat that's some garbage. I see now why people thought xbox would be dead, it's amazing it isn't. loving miracle indeed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sterf posted:

I didn't follow gaming news for over a decade and this is my first xbox but drat that's some garbage. I see now why people thought xbox would be dead, it's amazing it isn't. loving miracle indeed.

their marketing department are gold standard, they turned the entire brand around. i never considered going near an xbox until very late in the One's lifecycle because of all that awful TV poo poo

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

And then the guy who was in charge during that early XBO era went to Google and launched Stadia.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well that explains things.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Sterf posted:

the power of having so much loving cash

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Wasn't that guy also in charge of a bunch of PS3 launch decisions too. It's mindblowing how he keeps getting work.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Ryoga posted:

Wasn't that guy also in charge of a bunch of PS3 launch decisions too. It's mindblowing how he keeps getting work.

Classic failing upwards
It’s almost like there’s no consequences for anything when you’re a rich white Silicon Valley techbro

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The launch Xbox one was an atrocious piece of hardware that started from behind in the PR department due to that one MS employee smarting off on Twitter at people that didn’t like the pre-launch DRM situation.

On top of this, somebody thought it’d be keen to turn the video game console into a full-function cable box, which would have been a neat idea in like 2008. Add no games to the mix and it was a mess.

It’s kind of amazing Phil turned it around, and even more amazing how quickly it happened.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I still remember going to trade in the og box for a one x due to an rdr2 promo after reading Ars Technica's tech review that said the Bone X was the best version of the game. Never looked back, my ps4 mostly has collected dust other than as a Yakuza and Bloodborne machine, and welp, all that Yakuza is available on the series x now too so I have even less reason to dip back to playstation. That Demon's Souls remake is taunting me a bit but not "crazy enough to stakeout for a ps5" taunting.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Speaking of RDR2, I picked it up on sale recently because it was like :20bux:. I want to replay it, since I enjoyed it a lot when it came out on PS4. It's not optimized for Series X|S, though. Should I wait until it is or would I be waiting forever? It's probably the latter lol. I know there was a next-gen (well, I guess now current-gen) version of GTAV announced a while back but that has yet to see the light of day. Rockstar hasn't said anything about next-gen RDR2 to my knowledge.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

doubt they’ll bother tbh, no money to be had from whales there when GTAV rerelease 3 is about to make them more money than god

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

If they do it, they will charge for it.

If I could import my PS4 save I would double dip just to have it run a bit better.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ultrachrist posted:

If they really want to help me play at night, they can make it so headphones mute the tv like both other consoles do.

Hell yes.

Asnorban posted:

If they do it, they will charge for it.

If I could import my PS4 save I would double dip just to have it run a bit better.

Yeah we ain’t getting anything for free. They will give us a $59.99 next gen version.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Speaking of RDR2, I picked it up on sale recently because it was like :20bux:. I want to replay it, since I enjoyed it a lot when it came out on PS4. It's not optimized for Series X|S, though. Should I wait until it is or would I be waiting forever? It's probably the latter lol. I know there was a next-gen (well, I guess now current-gen) version of GTAV announced a while back but that has yet to see the light of day. Rockstar hasn't said anything about next-gen RDR2 to my knowledge.

Well, at least the One X version already looked quite a bit sharper than the PS4 (Pro) version, and it's native 4K. The only issue really is the 30 FPS cap, but I don't really see them giving it a free new-gen upgrade at this point.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You can check the old thread but I was the target market for the One and uh, thats not a smart idea to have a target market of literally one

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Yeah Red Dead 2 is a legit brilliant game, if you’ve already got it then just play through it now

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

RDR2 is a masterpiece in every way, one of the best games ever made imo.

If a remastered version comes out for 60 bucks, I will just go ahead and buy it again on day 1.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I absolutely adore RDR1 (and I will never forgive Rockstar for not porting it to PC) but I could never get into RDR2 for some strange reason :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

I absolutely adore RDR1 (and I will never forgive Rockstar for not porting it to PC) but I could never get into RDR2 for some strange reason :(

I found it just took so loving long to do absolutely anything to the point of annoyance, there was also absolutely insane input lag on PS4 and it felt like total poo poo to play. The lengthy load times definitely didn't help

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Red dead has poo poo controls and is a real genuine reason not to bother.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Funny because the methodical way the game is to be played, 'slow' controls etc, is my favourite thing about it. It increases my immersion, it's a good roleplaying game because of that.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I liked picking flowers and howdy’ing politely to townsfolk in rdr2. doing crimes = no thanks

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Laserface posted:

Red dead has poo poo controls and is a real genuine reason not to bother.

this is true for every game rockstar has made from gta4 onward

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rdr2? Trash
Dmc5? Gold.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Neutron posted:

Same here, and I've tried multiple times. I want to love this game but it's just never clicked for me.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I’m also in the “It’s probably the most impressive video game world ever created, it’s a shame it’s absolutely god awful to play,” camp.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Am I gonna buy this deep discount Forza 7 and finally stop playing Forza Motorsport 4?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheScott2K posted:

Am I gonna buy this deep discount Forza 7 and finally stop playing Forza Motorsport 4?

forza 7 isn't even as good as 6, let alone 4 (or 3)

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I beat 2 of the level 3 areas in Curse of the Dead Gods.

In the middle one, I was carried by this simple but beautiful weapon:

with crit damage / heal on crit relics.

It's interesting because the game isn't easy by any means but unlike most rogue-likes where you're basically playing to get to the boss with the right build, the bosses are relatively easy (by comparison). There's a whole lot of visual explosions but they only have 2-3 moves. That said, getting 100% of the achievements means beating all bosses 10x each without getting hit, which is kind of insane.

I really like the game and want to finish it but I'm leaving on a long trip soon and it doesn't have cloud saves / cross PC play so I doubt I'll still have interest for it when I get back.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

forza 7 isn't even as good as 6, let alone 4 (or 3)

Downloading from Gamepass in an effort to get this out of my system

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John F Bennett posted:

Funny because the methodical way the game is to be played, 'slow' controls etc, is my favourite thing about it. It increases my immersion, it's a good roleplaying game because of that.

Yeah, this and the insane size and detail of the map is what got me. I didn't even bother with any of the dumb missions. I just rode around on horseback with my chromed out varmint rifle selling fox pelts and upgrading the camp with lavish amenities.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I would play Red Dead Online, but the questionable controls aren't great and the bugs/disconnects are just too much.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The nice thing about being one-shotted by higher level enemies in The Ascent is that you rapidly restart in a nearby location and then go somewhere else. :v:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

The nice thing about being one-shotted by higher level enemies in The Ascent is that you rapidly restart in a nearby location and then go somewhere else. :v:

Its kind of doofy every bounty in the game is worth the same amount of money as far as I can tell, no matter the difficulty of the bounty.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Barudak posted:

Its kind of doofy every bounty in the game is worth the same amount of money as far as I can tell, no matter the difficulty of the bounty.

Oh yeah I noticed that as I was turning five of them for the first time, 1000 ucreds each and one was at least five levels above me that I killed by pure luck (I’m able to kill higher level enemies quite easily just as long they don’t one shot me).

At least they drop loot.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

John F Bennett posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

The controls work in its favor in that way. It’s also bad role playing for me because the story tells me I’m a good a person and then I spend 60 hours killing off entire populations of cities who doesn’t like what they are doing, but absolutely has to kill hundreds more people before they can get out.

The PC and the narrative felt at odds with each other. Incredible game world and side quests though.