Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

it's due to his very discomforting appearance—like one of the large creatures from a miyazaki film which could crush or eat you, regardless of its intent—that i find big daddy unworthy of being celebrated or discussed. please don't post big daddy on this website. i'm trying to make more requests lately to shape this forum into what i'd like it to be.

what about rikishi

e: oh big daddy was like 6'6 lmao, ok what about viscera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/vikingjedi23/status/1423754970776616960

https://twitter.com/BLAKSicario/status/1423854479758217217

https://twitter.com/vikingjedi23/status/1423855446947995648

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

boxcarhobo posted:

what about rikishi

e: oh big daddy was like 6'6 lmao, ok what about viscera

it's not about height or weight. it's not about human appearance. every person is beautiful. i mean no ill-will. but from the front of his stomach to the middle of his back, the wrestler big daddy was eight feet long. he had something else inside of him that humans don't have. i won't speak on this further. i don't want to be misunderstood

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

it's not about height or weight. it's not about human appearance. every person is beautiful. i mean no ill-will. but from the front of his stomach to the middle of his back, the wrestler big daddy was eight feet long. he had something else inside of him that humans don't have. i won't speak on this further. i don't want to be misunderstood

what about dr. robotnik

e:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

big daddy did have a shoot record for largest chest in britain or something like that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not close

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the Real Eggman

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

As soon as I saw that during his entrance I knew someone would whine about it.

They could've gone full black metal stuck a bunch of inverted crosses in there.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Zombie Lemur posted:

Black is going to come out at next Double or Nothing and it's just a recreation of Gorgoroth's Carving a Giant video.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

viking jedi has logged on to be....pro christian

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vandar posted:

That was Sexy Star, a piece of poo poo who slowly stopped getting booked from anywhere of note in wrestling and then ended up in MMA and boxing.

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/901989835266719745?s=20

Also there’s a new Sexy Star now, so if you hear about the Sexy Star currently working in AAA, that’s not the same lovely person, they put someone different under the mask.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Dimebags Brain posted:

Black is going to come out at next Double or Nothing and it's just a recreation of Gorgoroth's Carving a Giant video.

Gaytanic Panic, but for real this time.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also there’s a new Sexy Star now, so if you hear about the Sexy Star currently working in AAA, that’s not the same lovely person, they put someone different under the mask.

Does this one look like rear end in the ring too?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Zombie Lemur posted:

an effy / tommy end tag team would be sick as gently caress tbh

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

boxcarhobo posted:

an effy / tommy end tag team would be sick as gently caress tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oZqSaba34o

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Zombie Lemur posted:

That's what Lil Nas X did

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

ARMBAR A COP posted:

That's what Lil Nas X did

Watching people turn on him was morbidly fascinating.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jonny Nox posted:

I think the new one only has about five years’ experience but I’m going to go ahead and guess she’s significantly better anyways

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SatoshiMiwa posted:

AFAIK while famous he was never a draw on top and in face attendance went down every year he was on top. So his case his super weak

The Queen of England knew who Big Daddy was, so checkmate :colbert:

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Davros1 posted:

The Queen of England knew who Big Daddy was, so checkmate :colbert:

I assume they were introduced by their mutual friend Jimmy Saville.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jonny Nox posted:

the butt is noticeably smaller.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

coconono posted:

the butt is noticeably smaller.

This was done as a safety measure.

A smaller fulcrum means less leverage on the armbar.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I gotta admit it was pretty hilarious seeing Shanna go off script and try shooting and watching Leyla just go "lmao ok you asked for it"

Where can I see this?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AlmightyPants posted:

Where can I see this?

if they haven't edited it out, its one of the darks. probably the only singles match they'll ever work.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the april 7th dark elevation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry for where i come from

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

AlmightyPants posted:

Where can I see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AWeeFiHm0o&t=5606s

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry for being wrong, because i used a website that lists taping dates. it's called cagematch and you can copy and paste anything you want from there and pretend like you knew it. i'm sorry again

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Zombie Lemur posted:

lmao I'm not going to post it because gently caress that guy, but if you go further into the replies he pulls a full :godwin: and compares Malakai's demonic imagery to making it totally OK to also have swastikas and Nazis in wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sticklefifer posted:

lmao I'm not going to post it because gently caress that guy, but if you go further into the replies he pulls a full :godwin: and compares Malakai's demonic imagery to making it totally OK to also have swastikas and Nazis in wrestling.

are we surprised? I'm not.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Zombie Lemur posted:

its funny how people think st. peter's cross is satanic

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Duke Pukem posted:

its an adopted symbol, much like the swastika is. The messaging is that its the symbol of people "unworthy of jesus's sacrifice" which can have several connotations.

Plus you have all the political infighting of the apostle adherents sometimes accusing their rivals of orthodoxy violations.

coconono fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 8, 2021

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Duke Pukem posted:

On one side you have edgelord metal dudes, on the other side you have people that think the Monster Energy logo is a sneaky way of saying 666. Not exactly two groups known for understanding things.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Being scared of something as goofy as Satanism is some real baby brain stuff

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

coconono posted:

its an adopted symbol, much like the swastika is. The messaging is that its the symbol of people "unworthy of jesus's sacrifice" which can have several connotations.

Plus you have all the political infighting of the apostle adherents sometimes accusing their rivals of orthodoxy violations.

I think it is more simple than that. People are ignorant of their own religion and just assume that an upside down cross means a rejection of the cross and Christianity. And edgelords are just as ignorant. Same kind of thing happened with the pentagram and the 'metal horns" gesture. Its all stupid

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry for being wrong, because i used a website that lists taping dates. it's called cagematch and you can copy and paste anything you want from there and pretend like you knew it. i'm sorry again

This is my secret for discussing anything about the WWF from like 2001 - 2021.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MJeff posted:

There was a bunch of replies to this like "YEAH LIKE YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY FOR THAT, BUB" at the time.

It's funny because even in 2017 I'm pretty sure if Cody went to a promoter and went 'you can have me or her on this show', the promoter would pick Cody every time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Seams posted:

Being scared of something as goofy as Satanism is some real baby brain stuff

All the Satanic black metal stuff Malakai uses is more political punk than religion anyway. It was a rejection of the Norwegian government who didn't have separation of church & state until a few years ago, and going way back, its history of King Olaf forcing Christianity on the country and wiping out Norse Pagan religions. It's really just the same leather jackets, spikes, and bullet belts, but corpsepaint instead of mohawks, designed to offend a specific target.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vandar posted:

It's funny because even in 2017 I'm pretty sure if Cody went to a promoter and went 'you can have me or her on this show', the promoter would pick Cody every time.

Also even before the Rosemary incident, Sexy Star was a notorious rear end in a top hat known for burning bridges everywhere. Like if you go back to watch her LU work you can count the number of times she randomly no-sold stuff just to get her poo poo in, ruining the psychology and match flow, and a lot of her matches had to be heavily edited to cover up the botches.

Wrestlers hated working with her, and Cody was completely right saying that her unprofessional bullshit would never be tolerated in a locker room he worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lol

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1424329522678177793