Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Had a dream that someone bought me a redtext but I can't remember what specific internet disagreement it was about, was it one of yall???

e: god drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Quoting this for new page

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

General Battuta posted:

Quoting this for new page

This loving rules, seriously

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

I know there's a lot of people that this is going make happy, but I worry he's just opened pandora's box into some sound replacement mods.

Do y'all want a Halo Infinite thread? I'd be happy to make a fancy one.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Agoat posted:

I know there's a lot of people that this is going make happy, but I worry he's just opened pandora's box into some sound replacement mods.

Do y'all want a Halo Infinite thread? I'd be happy to make a fancy one.

Not sure what the issue is? I did already see some people in the comments asking for a mod. But it'd be client side so who cares? You'd only hear it if you want and trans people hearing "TRANS RIGHTS" every time they get a kill sounds awesome.

For real cameo issues, Pippin from LOTR just did a cameo endorsing a crypto coin he clearly knows nothing about, so THAT is much more of an issue.

Yeah some people have asked for an infinite thread, although personally I think just having this as a halo megathread works well.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

Not sure what the issue is? I did already see some people in the comments asking for a mod. But it'd be client side so who cares? You'd only hear it if you want and trans people hearing "TRANS RIGHTS" every time they get a kill sounds awesome.

For real cameo issues, Pippin from LOTR just did a cameo endorsing a crypto coin he clearly knows nothing about, so THAT is much more of an issue.

Yeah some people have asked for an infinite thread, although personally I think just having this as a halo megathread works well.

It's client-side, yeah. That's the good news. I've already seen people wanting to replace the "Suicide" announce line with "TRANS RIGHTS". Though that's a really quick way to find out who you don't want to play with.

I'd be happy to put together an Infinite thread or a Halo series thread with a ton of info if y'all wanted one.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I say we hold off on a Halo Infinite thread until we have a release date.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
agoat later on when you make the infinite thead lmk and ill close this one

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

eonwe posted:

agoat later on when you make the infinite thead lmk and ill close this one

10-4! I don't wanna make it until everyone is OK with it, though

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

OhFunny posted:

I say we hold off on a Halo Infinite thread until we have a release date.

Sounds good. Let's wait until after summer holidays!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
my guess is release date will be 11/16/21

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
343 doing the lord's work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoCCh5EeRmI

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I saw other videos and they're all at that same spot, it looks like it's just bugging out

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
if it is a bug 343 better drat well make sure it's a feature when the game launches

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Sally posted:

if it is a bug 343 better drat well make sure it's a feature when the game launches

-1th

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Yo sup. Is there even any other goons from the 3/reach days that even still play?

I only will have my Xbox one x for now (I'd like a series x but yeah that's gonna be a while) but as long as it can play infinite, I'll be on it!

I do except on PC now, but if this has crossplay that should be fine.

Is mouse and keyboard still funky with this game like it is in the MCC? I have to use a ps5 controller for that game but I would in theory like to play the game on M+KB instead.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
If any of you remember playing with ROBOCOPPING then add me @ "ASAP Ruf" for MCC.

Yes, I'm still an autistic savant at this game.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The Mantis is the best thing from 343 era Halo and I'm pleased to now have a gigantic toy of it

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I will never understand people who queue for CTF and then complain about playing CTF the whole time.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Small MCC Dev Update focusing on the Weapon Model offsets system, which has undergone some improvements since it was last in a test flight - there are now different sliders for different weapon categories (except for in Halo 2 for now), and there's now an additional Horizontal slider for extra flexibility. They're aiming to put it out next season.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I think I ran into rba starblade while playing some btb. Isn't he a goon here?

Anyways looking forward to playing with all of you on infinite.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

He's the goon who either constantly fails to understand games OR emits some sort of cursed anti-technology field which breaks everything in ways nobody else has ever seen.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ineffiable posted:

I think I ran into rba starblade while playing some btb. Isn't he a goon here?

Anyways looking forward to playing with all of you on infinite.

Lmao yep I thought I recognized your name too! GGs :v:

General Battuta posted:

He's the goon who either constantly fails to understand games OR emits some sort of cursed anti-technology field which breaks everything in ways nobody else has ever seen.

Speaking of which it only took a year but Halo 1 co-op is finally working again

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
No campaign co-op or Forge at launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yct2QKgF5e4

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
No campaign co-op means they should just delay the release. Its not done yet then. Don't rush things when you guys are clearly having issues.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The Kins posted:

No campaign co-op or Forge at launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yct2QKgF5e4

Also says they're doing co-op 3 months post launch for season 2, and Forge is 6 months post launch for season 3.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How is coop so hard for them?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
No campaign co-op :psyduck: What in the actual gently caress

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
They may have correctly surmised that nobody gives a poo poo about halo's campaign anymore and chosen their priorities accordingly

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tighclops posted:

They may have correctly surmised that nobody gives a poo poo about halo's campaign anymore and chosen their priorities accordingly

But everyone likes custom maps and it's even later

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

The Kins posted:

No campaign co-op...at launch.

Lmao what the gently caress

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
That's hugely disappointing. Is the XBone struggling to handle coop in the more open nature of the game?

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 20, 2021

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Tighclops posted:

Hm, yes, everybody hooting and hollering about how much fun the MCC campaigns are in coop definitely sent that message, this certainly isn't baseless and reflexive cynicism for the sake of cynicism.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm super excited to play through Master Chief's latest existential crisis while he searches for his surrogate mother/girlfriend. I wonder how many novels I'll have to read to prepare for the story?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tighclops posted:

Then why even do the campaign? If that was the case just push out the clearly more finished multiplayer and save your money.

They are putting significant resources into fixing the campaign, so that doesn't make sense as a reason to ignore co-op specifically.

Its just that they're rushing because this was supposed to come out a year ago and they don't have time.

OhFunny posted:

That's hugely disappointing. Is the XBone is struggling to handle coop in the more open nature of the game?

Its not the Xbone its 343i. There's plenty of open world games on xbone. loving GTA Online worked on the 360.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Judging by the past games, none, since they never had anything to do with the novels released between them.

It's fine to be unexcited about playing through a campaign with your siblings or friends or whatever, but your feelings aren't everybody's.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm still annoyed there's no cross platform co op campaign on MCC.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

There's barely single platform coop in MCC. If it works or not seems to be up to the whims of a random number generator.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

General Battuta posted:

Judging by the past games, none, since they never had anything to do with the novels released between them.

It's fine to be unexcited about playing through a campaign with your siblings or friends or whatever, but your feelings aren't everybody's.

Right I forgot that Halo 4 infodumped all the exposition you needed from the two novel trilogies that built up all 343's backstory. My mistake.

I like co op just fine, I'm just not surprised that they aren't prioritizing it for launch anymore. I think it sucks a bit that these games are less feature rich at release now than they were a decade ago, but Halo's story isn't the draw that it was in those days anymore either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Arc Hammer posted:

The lag makes any MCC co-op impossible if you're not doing local splitscreen.