Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Feels like something out of Yamato.

Dunno about transforming but that huge hatch in the center has to be something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That article also confirms that (Hakai-Oh) the combined Betterman will be playable.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Rascyc posted:

the battleships have been pretty drat powerful lately though I think

I can't speak for T because I didn't play it, but in V the Yamato is very powerful, the Shin Getter can become powerful, and the rest is mediocre at best. In X, only the Nautilus is decent, and the other two ships are mediocre. Handy for their spirit batteries but not units you want to be fighting with.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Lostconfused posted:

Feels like something out of Yamato.

Dunno about transforming but that huge hatch in the center has to be something.

According to the description it has a "vertical-loading super robot deployment hatch," I assume it's that.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dance Officer posted:

I can't speak for T because I didn't play it, but in V the Yamato is very powerful, the Shin Getter can become powerful, and the rest is mediocre at best. In X, only the Nautilus is decent, and the other two ships are mediocre. Handy for their spirit batteries but not units you want to be fighting with.

T is similar in that the Arcadia is very strong but the other ships are mostly used for support spirits. But since 30 doesn't have a battleship series like each of VXT had, the OG ship might fill the role of a good combat battleship.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Dance Officer posted:

In V the Nadesico is also really goddamn good, 3 pilots, 2 huge map attacks. I liked the Tuatha as well but Tessa not having a 2-12 range in space hurts her quite a bit.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

WrightOfWay posted:

T is similar in that the Arcadia is very strong but the other ships are mostly used for support spirits. But since 30 doesn't have a battleship series like each of VXT had, the OG ship might fill the role of a good combat battleship.

I found that T's Ra Cailum was the strongest it's ever been, even beating out Alpha 3's version. Not only was Bright the best captain in the game with that busted exclusive skill, I found that I could just send him out into the fray and he'd just trash tons of attacking mooks with the Mega Particle Cannon (and then he could use his combo meter to reposition for a MAPW). I'm pretty sure T's Bright was in my Top 15 Aces.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 6, 2021

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I just re-connected with Five Star Stories after a long time, watching the movie and all, and while it'd send Mamoru Nagano into a murderous rampage it'd be really cool if Knight of Gold was in one of these games. It's just so drat aesthetic.

IT already sent him into a murderous rampage once, hence never again.

Also those pictures confirm the White Ark is in, which is good. It's weird they're showcasing Zoltan though as an enemy. Guessing he has to be recruitable. The other two enemies they showcase are also secrets or autorecruits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Rayearth battleship had a really spammable MAP.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Also looking at it, apparently there are side-story missions and 'event-only' missions like from Masoukishin where it's just conversations and story with no battle.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I will join the crowd of people desperately hoping the OG battleship transforms into a mech.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i admit im kinda iffy on the map/mission structure stuff since being able to do stuff in any relative order feels like itd cut down on character development/cross-series relationship stuff, but they could make that work with proper gating. plus even ifits bad theres no way it can be as bad as operation extend

KoB
May 1, 2009
from reddit

New OG Spaceship called Dreistreiger, and of course new OG Captain(Mitsuba Gray Valley), Second in command (Reynold Hardin), and Operator characters for the ship (Lian Amberd). Designed by Kazutaka Miyatake of Macross and Grungust fame.

With the new system of being able to use your OG ship to move around different tactical points in the map, you'll be able to do the following:

-Choose a Location Point you want to go to, where it will show you how many missions are in that point, which is shown by the number in the very top left.

-Find Heritage Mission Points. Which are not related to the main story, and will give out items and parts as reward for doing them. However, they aren't listed in the mission list, and you have to find them yourself by looking around.

-Find DBD (Dimension Border Distortion) Points. From time to time a message will be displayed in your screen warning of a DBD, in which you have the chance to look around the world for a location with a Fairy Icon that you can choose to start special events. However Starting other missions will before checking the event will make it disappear.

-Find ! points, where you can do generic patrol missions for Exp.

Finally, there will also be Conversation Events, that you can start from the mission list, that happen inside the ship, and they are character specific.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Endorph posted:

i admit im kinda iffy on the map/mission structure stuff since being able to do stuff in any relative order feels like itd cut down on character development/cross-series relationship stuff, but they could make that work with proper gating. plus even ifits bad theres no way it can be as bad as operation extend

From what I'm reading it's more akin to IMPACT and Compact than Operation Extend. It seems more like there's a lot more route splits as a result.

Justin_Brett posted:

That article also confirms that (Hakai-Oh) the combined Betterman will be playable.

That's not true. Betterman Cataphract is the combined Betterman, but it is not Hakai-Oh. Hakai-Oh is only Genesic GaoGaiGar, King J-Der, or Evoluder Gai possessed by Triple Zero. Betterman Cataphract possessed by Triple Zero is ChouSeiOh.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kchama posted:

That's not true. Betterman Cataphract is the combined Betterman, but it is not Hakai-Oh. Hakai-Oh is only Genesic GaoGaiGar, King J-Der, or Evoluder Gai possessed by Triple Zero. Betterman Cataphract possessed by Triple Zero is ChouSeiOh.

Yes but the subtitle of the novel is Hakai-Oh

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Droyer posted:

Yes but the subtitle of the novel is Hakai-Oh

Yeah maybe I misunderstood what he meant. It's a fair cop.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

KoB posted:

New OG Spaceship called Dreistreiger, and of course new OG Captain(Mitsuba Gray Valley), Second in command (Reynold Hardin), and Operator characters for the ship (Lian Amberd). Designed by Kazutaka Miyatake of Macross and Grungust fame.

Yeah new battleship looks very Grungusty.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love that the OG battleship has a top hatch for dramatic Gunbuster style super robot launches.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

KoB posted:

Designed by Kazutaka Miyatake of Macross and Grungust fame.

HiKaizer right on the loving money.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ethiser posted:

I love that the OG battleship has a top hatch for dramatic Gunbuster style super robot launches.

And yet, no Gunbuster to launch. Tragic, really.

What's the biggest mech we're getting here, anyway?

I know Gridman's 70 meters in base form, and if we get Zoltan the Neo Zeong II is 116 meters, while J-Der is in between at 101. Anyone else beat those records?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hellioning posted:

I will join the crowd of people desperately hoping the OG battleship transforms into a mech.
I too will join this crowd as well. Give us SRW's own Legally Distinct Daedalus Attack, you cowards!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
A japanese retro game shop opened up in my city like two or three years ago and I managed to pick up a used but complete collector's edition of Super Robot Wars Alpha before they closed.

:toot:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

And yet, no Gunbuster to launch. Tragic, really.

What's the biggest mech we're getting here, anyway?

I know Gridman's 70 meters in base form, and if we get Zoltan the Neo Zeong II is 116 meters, while J-Der is in between at 101. Anyone else beat those records?

Does shin getter dragon count? cause if so it's that one.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Droyer posted:

Does shin getter dragon count? cause if so it's that one.

Shin Getter Dragon is a full on battleship, except when it's the T version.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Inferno-sama posted:

Shin Getter Dragon is a full on battleship, except when it's the T version.

I believe that version is supposed to be returning for 30 as well

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well since it's an OG battlehsip it's probably going to come with some over sized OG mech to launch from that hatch. I can't think of any that would be that big though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lostconfused posted:

Well since it's an OG battlehsip it's probably going to come with some over sized OG mech to launch from that hatch. I can't think of any that would be that big though.

I would say the SR-X but that's DLC. Maybe it'll be whatever crazy super robot the main characters upgrade into after their initial robot gets junked.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Trying to look for a better pic of that thing cuz gameplay screenshots dont do it nearly enough justice

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Nuebot posted:

I would say the SR-X but that's DLC. Maybe it'll be whatever crazy super robot the main characters upgrade into after their initial robot gets junked.

Well, you do still get the DLC OGs later in the games even if you didn't get the DLC.
I assume the same will be true for the SRX in 30.

So they could have some combo attack for SRX and the ship unlock after that I guess?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cyflan posted:

So they could have some combo attack for SRX and the ship unlock after that I guess?

I want the ship to just launch the SRX at the enemy and hit them with it. Straight out of the catapult like a torpedo.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nuebot posted:

I want the ship to just launch the SRX at the enemy and hit them with it. Straight out of the catapult like a torpedo.

I want that only to see what Ryusei would name that move.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I know being designed by the person who designed the Grungust doesn't really mean anything but given that people have already thought about it turning into bipedal form...I just want to see it turn into a Gust-Lander equivalent.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

I believe that version is supposed to be returning for 30 as well
It would seem we're getting both versions for SRW 30. The one from T is on the box art, while the screenshots for Armageddon on the website/what's shown in the trailer use the giant battleship version.

Methinks it'll be either a mutually exclusive secret, or other shenanigans.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Discotek announced new Bluray releases for Gunbuster (not 2), Machine Robo Revenge of Cronos, and Samurai Troopers/Ronin Warriors today. :woop: :wooper: :dance:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah.

what if they put Samurai Troopers into SRW and just made the armor be robots

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Light Gun Man posted:

Hell yeah.

what if they put Samurai Troopers into SRW and just made the armor be robots

Samurai Troopers was in Sunrise World War, the last of the Sunrise Eiyuutan series of crossover games that just featured Sunrise properties. :eng101:

Along with Cowboy Bebop, Xabungle, and the Big O.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Hokuto posted:

Samurai Troopers was in Sunrise World War, the last of the Sunrise Eiyuutan series of crossover games that just featured Sunrise properties. :eng101:

Along with Cowboy Bebop, Xabungle, and the Big O.

Neat!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it also includes Mama is a 4th Grader.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just saw the GC translation was finished. any tips for that game before I start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Senerio posted:

Just saw the GC translation was finished. any tips for that game before I start?
early on the only guy you have most of the time and can capture enemy units is amuro, so buffing him a bunch early game is a pretty good strategy.

also capturing the gaza c causes a bunch of bugs so dont do that