Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Yes, cool and normal, like I said. Don't worry, you're not a slave to it. You're the one in control. And elaborate Rube Goldberg devices to absolutely minimise the amount of time you spend not under the influence is exactly what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
what a strange thing to have a reactionary moment about

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chadzok posted:

Yes, cool and normal, like I said. Don't worry, you're not a slave to it. You're the one in control. And elaborate Rube Goldberg devices to absolutely minimise the amount of time you spend not under the influence is exactly what you want.

i imagine you just have like, a seething boiling rage directed at every single one of your customers

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what the gently caress these are your first posts in this thread

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Chadzok posted:

I'm begging you not to die on this hill. There are so many better ones.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

[Whispering to self] “Look at you…slave to the bean. You disgust me.”

Customer: “I’m sorry?”

[Flustered, thinking on their feet] “Uh, have a nice day?”

Customer: “Thanks! Same to you!”

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
[entering a dark alleyway to speak to the man in a trenchcoat] "You got the good poo poo?"

[the man opens his trenchcoat, displaying a whole suite of retired Red Bull flavors]

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
didnt you just say you own a coffee shop. this is like a dealer getting freaked out over the concept of wake and bake

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

[Whispering to self] “Look at you…slave to the bean. You disgust me.”

Customer: “I’m sorry?”

[Flustered, thinking on their feet] “Uh, have a nice day?”

Customer: “Thanks! Same to you!”

This is me. They keep coming back though, they can't help themselves.

the scum..

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nuns with Guns posted:

[entering a dark alleyway to speak to the man in a trenchcoat] "You got the good poo poo?"

[the man opens his trenchcoat, displaying a whole suite of retired Red Bull flavors]

All I need is the classic baby. I don’t gently caress with that extra poo poo.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Nuns with Guns posted:

does your guy have imported poo poo? cause I really want this dank Japanese 'ffeine.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m extremely sensitive to caffeine (I get a headache from a decaf if it’s too large a serving) so the whole coffee obsession is weird to me. The best thing to make me feel awake is time

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the thing about coffee is it makes you more awake for maybe like 2 weeks and then the whole rest of your life you drink it to not feel more sleepy than normal

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I used to be addicted to caffeine and eventually broke the habit, and boy you feel like poo poo coming off that garbage. but I'm glad I did. also coffee is gross

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

caffeine has an inverse effect on me (i have literally passed out drinking potent energy drinks before when I was still a teenager) so I don't drink coffee a lot unless its, like. an iced coffee from caribou or whatever. i dont get the obsession either.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

You know how addicts say that they can quit at any time?

Yeah I can't. Caffeine is what keeps my head from spontaneously caving in. I'm sure it's killing me but I don't care.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Captain Invictus posted:

I used to be addicted to caffeine and eventually broke the habit, and boy you feel like poo poo coming off that garbage. but I'm glad I did. also coffee is gross

Yeah I once managed to quit caffeine for about two weeks and I felt poo poo for every single one of those days.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah I once managed to quit caffeine for about two weeks and I felt poo poo for every single one of those days.
oh it's not two weeks it was like two months but once I was clear I felt so much better than I did before. get rid of the crutch

current project is getting off sugar for the most part. switching from sugary drinks to like, polar sparkling seltzer etc. trying out different flavors and I like the cranberry-lime, pineapple-pomelo and blueberry-lemon so far. anything apple-flavored just tastes wrong though alongside the flavor of seltzer water, unfortunately, which sucks because I like apple flavored stuff. if the bitterness of the seltzer water was just slightly less I'd have zero problem switching over immediately.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Coffee tastes really good and then as a bonus you can also put lots of crap in it to make it taste really good but in a different way

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

The Chad Jihad posted:

Coffee tastes really good and then as a bonus you can also put lots of crap in it to make it taste really good but in a different way

Same, I drink coffee because I like the taste, black or not.

I'm even a weirdo that likes the taste of energy drinks. Caffeine is strictly a bonus to me, or even a hindrance since I can't drink them at night. (Yes decaff exists, but decaff energy drinks don't)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Captain Invictus posted:

oh it's not two weeks it was like two months but once I was clear I felt so much better than I did before. get rid of the crutch
Yeah I gave up after 2 weeks.

I was planning to try again but there's at least a month left on the current covid lockdown and this isn't the time to get rid of crutches.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just resigned to dying at 32 so I'm not giving up on soda.

Anyway, I've only just now found out about this, did you already know it happened?

Is this what not having a twitter account is like? Am I just way behind on finding out about this? I'm not mad that they made it it just seems like something that shouldn't have slipped right by quietly. Maybe the He-Man drama overshadowed it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

"Western" coffee culture is fascinating to me. In my corner of the woods we drink coffee since we're children because it is delicious, not because it keeps you awake, energizes you or whatever. If you dislike the flavor of coffee then that's fine too but it's not like people who dislike it are going to be drinking it for a silly caffeine hit Like, caffeine? It's such a weak drug that even children get some with their cookies.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Coffee is cool and good but I don't really feel anything if I stop drinking it.

i guess caffeine doesn't really affect me

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 8, 2021

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chadzok posted:

https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1234460854860513280?s=19

In this case, a competing coffee product

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

that tweet is like 90% of YA twitter too

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I never drink coffee unless its Starbucks, which has so much extra crap added to it it can barely be called coffee. If I want my energy fix, I just drink energy drinks or the true gamer drink of choice G-Fuel this post has been sponsored by G-Fuel go to g-fuel dot com and enter the code ARCHER to get 10% off of your next tub!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
All you idiots on this thread don't know about Sneak, the best powdered energy drink for content creators

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I cannot stand coffee or beer purely based on the way they taste. So I guess I am cursed or blessed depending on how you look at it.
I got my caffeine from good old coca cola.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Mix. posted:

caffeine has an inverse effect on me (i have literally passed out drinking potent energy drinks before when I was still a teenager) so I don't drink coffee a lot unless its, like. an iced coffee from caribou or whatever. i dont get the obsession either.
Lmao, I told my friend that this is my reaction to coffee and that's how I found out that I have ADD.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Sarcopenia posted:

Lmao, I told my friend that this is my reaction to coffee and that's how I found out that I have ADD.

haha what
is this real

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Libluini posted:

Having a machine handling scaldingly hot water right next to your head seems like the set up to the worst suicide
it's literally just a teasmade that costs 300 pounds extra.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i like coffee mostly out of habit and primarily get half-caff for day-to-day. decaf is a little too weak but i don't want or need normal coffee levels of it either.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Nuns with Guns posted:

Ngl buying beans from my local dealer feels like scoring coke for extremely boring people like me. "That columbian had a great harvest this year" they say and I'm like ":hmmyes: Can I try a shot right here? If I like it I'll take 500g".

Chadzok posted:

yes please also provide the machine that injects me with heroin, nicotine and cocaine at regular intervals while I sleep because needing drugs this badly instantly upon awakening is both cool and normal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZIR-eZdvGk

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

i imagine you just have like, a seething boiling rage directed at every single one of your customers

Isn't this like, the basic requirement to work in a coffee shop?

Ghostlight posted:

it's literally just a teasmade that costs 300 pounds extra.

spending extra money on your skin scalder makes this even dumber

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

endocriminologist posted:

haha what
is this real

yeah. it's not universal, not everyone with adhd gets tired from coffee, but i don't know of any other conditions that cause insensitivity or a paradoxical effect to stimulants like that. caffeine conks me out near immediately and i'm waiting on an assessment. ask the adhd thread in e/n and you'll get plenty of people saying the same thing.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Ha ha imagine having heated water in your house lol
Going to fill my walls with scalding hot pipes thats a great idea, uh huh sure yeah i'd love to have something called a 'radiator' that sounds safe just put it on the wall over there

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

endocriminologist posted:

haha what
is this real

yeah, I'm like... mostly sure I have ADHD and caffeine is a weird experience. if I'm not tired at all, or if I have an absolute rear end load of the stuff it can perk me up, but if I have a dark pop in the afternoon it's lights out

(if I have a lot of caffeine in the afternoon then it's the special hell of "I'm so tired but my brain Will Not Stop Happening")

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Antigravitas posted:

Ngl buying beans from my local dealer feels like scoring coke for extremely boring people like me. "That columbian had a great harvest this year" they say and I'm like ":hmmyes: Can I try a shot right here? If I like it I'll take 500g".

Writing a Rorschach-style manifesto about how one day the accumulated filth of all the sex and murder will foam up around the perverts and criminals, but it's peppered with phrases like "Americano" "Cappucino" and "Latte"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Phillby posted:

Ha ha imagine having heated water in your house lol
Going to fill my walls with scalding hot pipes thats a great idea, uh huh sure yeah i'd love to have something called a 'radiator' that sounds safe just put it on the wall over there

You want plumbing...inside? Like...where you live? You want to do shits in the house where your family eats dinner?! You loving freak, you pervert.