Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Charlotte's entrance was interrupted so she's doing the match in her robe

And then it cut away for a second and it was gone

hey stop posting direct quotes from my “things i beg god to happen” diary please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
John Morrison joins the New Day, helping Big E win the MITB briefcase

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They always cut away from the entrance attire because they don’t know how to animate taking things off

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 18, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

They always cut away from the entrance of tired because they don’t know how to animate taking things off
To be fair, it's actually really hard to animate taking clothes off in real time, pretty much every single game cheats at it in varyingly entertaining ways.

The only game to do properly and on-camera was a cutscene in Uncharted 4 where two characters shrug off their suit jackets, and even then there was a whole lot of R&D and lost hair getting that right.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I got Wrestling Empire on PC and it's incredible.

I was playing Not Daniel Bryan, and was feuding with Not Austin Aries, and we were both in some 8 man cage match. Before the match, Not Austin Aries asked if I wanted to have a hair vs hair match, to which I responded yes. 15 minutes later, Not Daniel Bryan won the match, and all other 7 wrestlers had their heads shaved

Also I like the part where the referee confiscates the dynamite and tosses it out of the ring but we're all in the way and everyone dies

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticDeterminedShingleCopyThis-Qu94v7aq0BFd2IB3

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

:aaa:

Rip Asuka god drat

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Artelier posted:

I got Wrestling Empire on PC and it's incredible.

I was playing Not Daniel Bryan, and was feuding with Not Austin Aries, and we were both in some 8 man cage match. Before the match, Not Austin Aries asked if I wanted to have a hair vs hair match, to which I responded yes. 15 minutes later, Not Daniel Bryan won the match, and all other 7 wrestlers had their heads shaved

Also I like the part where the referee confiscates the dynamite and tosses it out of the ring but we're all in the way and everyone dies

I seem to remember playing it ages ago, and I had some sort of match with explosions where the referee literally lost one of his legs, but he still managed to stay in for the duration and count the pin at the end

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Regarding WWE 2K19, it may be the best of the available recent offerings, but I am never, ever going to play a wrestling game with that loving kickout timing minigame. gently caress. That.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

El Generico posted:

Regarding WWE 2K19, it may be the best of the available recent offerings, but I am never, ever going to play a wrestling game with that loving kickout timing minigame. gently caress. That.

Yeah it's oddly difficult and I'm not sure why, just make it button mashing, that's fine.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

neoaxd posted:

If you're in the mood for something stupid, newLEGACYinc is about to sim tomorrow's MITB!

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

Speaking of The NL Boys, their YouTube exclusive show has given us the best AI match since KotR-iest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zbJ5mEn2PE

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
very sad that youtube show is't called That's N-Ew Legacy.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

El Generico posted:

I got that for Christmas years ago and those mini games got me to stop playing an hour into it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
nL peaked in that episode where Big Show became a very fast ladder, then zoomed like Superman through the crowd, and when he casually sauntered back to the ring he did a jello leg wiggle to get over the barricade.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

A highlight of last night's stream was when they asked the chatroom if they were going to watch tonight's Money in the Bank and it suddenly became pages and pages of variations of "NO!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

nL peaked in that episode where Big Show became a very fast ladder, then zoomed like Superman through the crowd, and when he casually sauntered back to the ring he did a jello leg wiggle to get over the barricade.

That time they finally succeeded in their goal to get as many people on a roster fired as they could in an mDickie game via Loser Leaves battle royals, and the matches just descended to clones of Andrew Everett, Minoru Suzuki, Jun Akiyama and Ric Flair fighting themselves repeatedly

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
lol I found it. It's still absolutely magical. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AweVxT1aKY

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Chris James 2 posted:

That time they finally succeeded in their goal to get as many people on a roster fired as they could in an mDickie game via Loser Leaves battle royals, and the matches just descended to clones of Andrew Everett, Minoru Suzuki, Jun Akiyama and Ric Flair fighting themselves repeatedly

There were enough Andrew Everett clones in that match that he got fired enough to get fired from death.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The AEW Elite GM game is a fun little time waster. Went through career mode and the last mission was a decent “try to put on a good show but not overspend” challenge.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah it's oddly difficult and I'm not sure why, just make it button mashing, that's fine.

At least make it an option. I can’t do button mashing because of medical stuff, so forcing that is no good for accessibility.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's why I like FirePro's stat based deal. just hit the button and the magic hidden numbers do all the work. I think even the newer ones still only trap like the first 4 inputs before waiting for a state change to begin again.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1417615744095948801
The Deadlock Podcast guys are in this. I hope they win and book the best match ever.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Bunny vs Uno

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bunny vs Cutler

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Evil Uno vs. Taz for custody of their shared SA account.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Bunny vs Bad Bunny

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bad Bunny vs Bhad Bhabie

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
First 4 matchups are listed on the AEW Games Youtube now with their premiere times

The Bunny vs. Nyla Rose (2PM Eastern)
BDE vs. Macho T (3PM Eastern)
Evil Uno vs. Leva Bates (4PM Eastern)
Takahata vs. Mastodon (5PM Eastern)

Seems like the preliminary rounds are shaping up to be Wrestlers v. Wrestlers and Streamers vs. Streamers

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I can't wait to see jawnny book Billy Gunn to get punched every segment.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Mike Tyson arrived at the building… But had to leave because he forgot his ticket!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I mean it'll obviously be Chaos Project vs Austin Gunn and Mike Sydal.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of booking:

https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/1418156026789077000?s=19

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Hell yeah

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

https://twitter.com/JosephTheJStar/status/1423881439402106886

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Carlin is so funny.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Sega gave them a free copy for this result.

So Sega is good at marketing is what I'm saying.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone tried out Action Arcade Wrestling yet? It's on sale on PSN but I'm kind of on the fence with it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestleDeck/status/1425592933533822976?s=20

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Anyone tried out Action Arcade Wrestling yet? It's on sale on PSN but I'm kind of on the fence with it.

its not a really deep game but there's a bunch of weird create a wrestlers you can download

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I guess WWE Battlegrounds is probably the closest comparison, but even though it’s clearly a low budget indie game, AAW is better than that. You cant win by hammering the same button over and over.

There’s already a bunch of fun CAWs, but it’s pretty annoying that the creation suite is totally separate from the game. It’s only on Steam and I don’t have a pc, so if I want to create anyone I guess I’ll have to gently caress around with parallels or boot camp on my old MacBook.