Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH82rDxQ3dA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Antigravitas posted:

And now for something completely different: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UALN1ZoN6bA

I'm debating just how much he's taking the piss. It's either just a little bit (it's too sincere), or an absolutely massive piss take.

Video: Some rich guy who lives in mansion talking about a coffee maker alarm clock.

Online Creators + Reviewers V: The Final Derail (Thread closed by a moderator after 12,239 pages of arguing, name-calling, and hostility over the existence of coffee)

Also, why is the video in 21:9, or whatever weird ultra-wide aspect ratio it's in?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

that's cinema, baby

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I just buy lavazza grounds and use em in one of those little seeping cups you can put whatever in and stick it in a keurig.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
i make my coffee in a coffee brewing machine of some sort. the result is fine

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Yardbomb posted:

I just buy lavazza grounds and use em in one of those little seeping cups you can put whatever in and stick it in a keurig.

Lavazza is so good. I have one of those grinder coffee makers in my office so I just pour a bag I'm every few days and grind up as many cups as I need.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
New content for the thread!

After finishing the Skyrim total conversion mod Enderal I looked around on youtube for videos on the subject and came across Warlockracy's channel which makes combination reviews/lets plays of bigass mods and games similar to Civvy's videos, just more RPGs and RTSes than FPSes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1DchL0AZeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqux04-pwmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igrDQVZnCsA

Give the channel a look if you're into that kind of stuff! I've seen him mention Blue Planet for Freespace in a couple of his videos so I'm hoping he does a full video on that one at some point.

edit: edited in a link to the Tamriel Rebuilt history video as particularly interesting for the forums archaeology aspect of seeing ancient modder drama over a hugely ambitious mod made over two decades.

Shyrka fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 8, 2021

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Video: Some rich guy who lives in mansion talking about a coffee maker alarm clock.

Online Creators + Reviewers V: The Final Derail (Thread closed by a moderator after 12,239 pages of arguing, name-calling, and hostility over the existence of coffee)

Also, why is the video in 21:9, or whatever weird ultra-wide aspect ratio it's in?

do you think he lives in that mansion for real

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Lifehack: get coffee ready to drink when you wake up with premade cold brew from the grocery store and drink it straight from the bottle like an animal you piece of poo poo.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Acute Grill posted:

Lifehack: get coffee ready to drink when you wake up with premade cold brew from the grocery store and drink it straight from the bottle like an animal you piece of poo poo.

Too expensive. By instant grounds and just eat a tablespoon at a time to replicate the effect of a cup of coffee.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Brocktoon posted:

I think Linkara’s discussions and insights into comic history are really interesting, but can’t stand him flat-out reading a comic with funny voices and riffing on it MST3K style, so I usually tap out of every video as soon as the theme song starts or fast forward to the conclusion.

yeah. i think he is a really good dude but he just isnt funny at all and he comes off as dude who has a massive stick up their rear end.

speaking of comics. The suicide squad is a very good movie. it has some pacing issues and i dont think all the humor lands but for the most part it gels well enough together. I give it a 8 or a 9 out of 10.

anyway worst critic ever had a bad brain opinion on it so lol

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1424500977923616769

also a bunch of weird snyder fans hate it too. because its "too humorous" and "not dark enough" i have a soft spot for snyder and some of his movies but lol these people are dumber then john.

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m extremely sensitive to caffeine (I get a headache from a decaf if it’s too large a serving) so the whole coffee obsession is weird to me. The best thing to make me feel awake is time

i just hate the taste and i dont like the idea of being addicted to something to wake up. so i just never really drank it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Shyrka posted:

New content for the thread!

After finishing the Skyrim total conversion mod Enderal I looked around on youtube for videos on the subject and came across Warlockracy's channel which makes combination reviews/lets plays of bigass mods and games similar to Civvy's videos, just more RPGs and RTSes than FPSes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1DchL0AZeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqux04-pwmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igrDQVZnCsA

Give the channel a look if you're into that kind of stuff! I've seen him mention Blue Planet for Freespace in a couple of his videos so I'm hoping he does a full video on that one at some point.

edit: edited in a link to the Tamriel Rebuilt history video as particularly interesting for the forums archaeology aspect of seeing ancient modder drama over a hugely ambitious mod made over two decades.
Thanks for the recommend.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's impressive he manages to type while clutching so many pearls.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

It's impressive he manages to type while clutching so many pearls.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1424505258730942466

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1424506557002223616

i think what makes me angry is this is the big critic actually talking about toxic masculinity being bad, which is a very good thing. but his brain is so warped that pretty much anything outside stephen or newt the magic herper is a evil toxic gently caress. he is one of those people that heard right-wingers say "toxic masculinity means masculinity is toxic" and went "this but unironically".

also i like how he misses the entire point of the movie and that the movie was pretty loving anti imperial and lefty but that doesnt matter because this tankie moron doesn't get it.

also the real hero of the movie is Milton

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 9, 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also i like how he misses the entire point of the movie and that the movie was pretty loving anti imperial and lefty but that doesnt matter because this tankie moron doesn't get it.

I wouldn’t call McIntosh a tankie. He’s far from being one, even. You can be a dumb progressive without being a fan of Stalinism

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

I wouldn’t call McIntosh a tankie. He’s far from being one, even. You can be a dumb progressive without being a fan of Stalinism

tankies a bad word for him too he is one of those dudes who will sorta defend the various shittier left leaning current day regimes(not as far as assad) but his ideal goverment is some Soviet councils without the union. he posted it a couple years ago.

edit.

he posted something bad enough that he deleted it and got this response
https://twitter.com/chitoryu12/status/1424507979148234756

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 9, 2021

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He doesn't defend leftist regimes as much as he does all regimes because he deems all violent resistance inherently bad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

He doesn't defend leftist regimes as much as he does all regimes because he deems all violent resistance inherently bad.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1424512886928408578

well yeah.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He got mad at people who said Hinckley being a better shot would have made the world a better place, and I can think of few things that would have had a more immediate positive effect on Latin American leftists than killing Reagan dead.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

He's right

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

He got mad at people who said Hinckley being a better shot would have made the world a better place, and I can think of few things that would have had a more immediate positive effect on Latin American leftists than killing Reagan dead.

he got mad about people cheering for bin ladins killing too. which yeah its a hosed up black ops poo poo but that was always gonna be the end of things.

dudes just a weird gently caress and its funny to laugh at him and also sad that we don't have better critics addressing toxic masculinty.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
the fun thing about jonathan mcintosh is you really get the feeling that he'd have written op eds in 1963 saying that it's all well and good that Martin Luther King has a dream but his tacit approval of Malcom X proves that he's too violent to be a real leader and then pat himself on the back for helping people who want REAL change

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

egg tats posted:

yeah, I'm like... mostly sure I have ADHD and caffeine is a weird experience. if I'm not tired at all, or if I have an absolute rear end load of the stuff it can perk me up, but if I have a dark pop in the afternoon it's lights out

(if I have a lot of caffeine in the afternoon then it's the special hell of "I'm so tired but my brain Will Not Stop Happening")

Doesn't sound far off from how it works on me. Either lights a fire under my rear end and I turn into a productive if still not entirely functional human being OR I continue feeling like poo poo and I curl up and have nap.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Suicide Squad's politics is really disjointed and insane (probably because the writers put zero thought into them) and calling it 'anti-imperial and leftist' or calling McIntosh a loving 'tankie' is absolutely buck wild.

The bad guys deserve to die for being bad guys, they show this by making them cartoonishly evil, which is fine because it's a Suicide Squad movie and the whole movie is cartoonish and absurd, but it also leans heavily on the whole 'evil latin commie dictator' imagery which just isn't a thing even less than it was before and that's poor imagery especially literally right now as the US is doing hilarious anti-Cuba saber rattling like it's the 70's again to the point of pretending Cuba has magic comic book headache lasers and poo poo.

That all said it's loving Suicide Squad so of course everything is cartoonish and stupid and if anything its biggest failing politically is not going full saturday morning cartoon and just making the evil latin americans into some kinda COBRA rear end group to fully disassociate from any actual real world imagery and avoid morons like MacIntosh handwringing about the kind of people that get their politics from the movie where Harley Quinn and Polka Dot Man fight bad guys.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

do you think he lives in that mansion for real

Even if he rents it out to shoot reviews in, that's gotta cost a lot.

drat, didn't think I'd get an opportunity to post this here the same day I saw it:
https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/1424185823742803976

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Does he know you can just, like… not watch a movie? Especially when you are certain you are not going to like it?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brocktoon posted:

Does he know you can just, like… not watch a movie? Especially when you are certain you are not going to like it?

when your core ethos is shaped by consumption you can't

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

then how will he be outraged by it?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

Writing a Rorschach-style manifesto about how one day the accumulated filth of all the sex and murder will foam up around the perverts and criminals, but it's peppered with phrases like "Americano" "Cappucino" and "Latte"

dr manhattan vaporising dennis leary

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, I admit it is not an issue unique to McIntosh. Vast swaths of YouTube and Twitter lack the capacity to see something, say “I am not interested in that”, and then just ignore it, never to think about it ever again. It’s totally easy to do and dickheads like The Quartering build their entire career around not doing it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbQS1ExSeBQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

'what are you doing in that yard?!'

'sir, finishing this trash'

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Brocktoon posted:

yeah. i think he just kinda views it as his duty to do it or something. its like how a friend of my tries to 100% every game he plays even the lovely ones even if it takes weeks.

god damnt it, rocket is glitching again, reset the matrix.

sexpig by night posted:

i dont think he does views it in that way. he isnt moviebob after all. i think his legit views it as his lefty moral duty and poo poo to do it. its a weird zealot thing. id prefer he focus on more postive poo poo because i think he is better at that stuff then his weird tirades where he makes an ok point and then proceeds to drown said point in poo poo.

Brocktoon posted:

I mean, I admit it is not an issue unique to McIntosh. Vast swaths of YouTube and Twitter lack the capacity to see something, say “I am not interested in that”, and then just ignore it, never to think about it ever again. It’s totally easy to do and dickheads like The Quartering build their entire career around not doing it.

didnt The Quartering get owned when he talked about how was gonna boycott any games that had "social justice/politics" in them and then had a public meltdown because he couldnt play most poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wnZzCLL1qs

new defunctland on a show i actually remember.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't think J-Mac views his ethos as consumerist, I'm sure he has some faux progressive liberal rear end worldview he pastes over himself when he looks in the mirror, but that doesn't change that his ethos is consumerism centered.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

This is completely untrue. The only people whose deaths The Suicide Squad delights in are the capital-V Villains of the film. Quite a lot of people end up as collateral but the film doesn't bask in their deaths at all.

There are plenty of grindhouse throwbacks that find glee in the pain and deaths of innocent people, but The Suicide Squad doesn't do that. McIntosh has such a wide range of targets to pick from on this issue and he picked the only wrong one. It's impressive in its own right.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gofundme to make john mccintosh do a let's play of cruelty squad

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I feel like if you presented McIntosh with a copy of Guilty Gear Strive, or took him to a fighting game tournament, he'd get up in arms about it, saying something like, "Hmph! Once again, toxic masculinity is on display here, where the goal is to use violence to defeat you opponent. This game is rated 'Mature', you say? Wouldn't it be more mature to have a game where you sit down and have a pleasant conversation? :smug:"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Augus posted:

gofundme to make john mccintosh do a let's play of cruelty squad

is it any good? i mean i have heard it is. but i looks like a game id suck rear end at.

JordanKai posted:

This is completely untrue. The only people whose deaths The Suicide Squad delights in are the capital-V Villains of the film. Quite a lot of people end up as collateral but the film doesn't bask in their deaths at all.

There are plenty of grindhouse throwbacks that find glee in the pain and deaths of innocent people, but The Suicide Squad doesn't do that. McIntosh has such a wide range of targets to pick from on this issue and he picked the only wrong one. It's impressive in its own right.

he kinda walks back on some of it later in the thread but yeah. his issue is getting mad at something that was never gonna be the thing he wanted it to be. it would be like me getting mad at dark souls because it didnt have a difficulty selection or wasnt an RTS game. he makes some ok basic points but the main issue is he is trying to make his opinion the black and white moral absolute which i dont think is fully intentional on his part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

JordanKai posted:

There's a scene where Bloodsport and Peacemaker kill a village of the "good" freedom fighters in horrific ways, and its played off as a comical misunderstanding with no long term repercussions.