Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I don’t know about super rare but that and Mothers Sorrow are the sets of choice for Mag DPS sorcs. Pre-trials at least. Get a full set of that and you will absolutely hit noticeably harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Doctor Zero posted:

I don’t know about super rare but that and Mothers Sorrow are the sets of choice for Mag DPS sorcs. Pre-trials at least. Get a full set of that and you will absolutely hit noticeably harder.

When I quit playing shortly before the xpac launched this year, a precise Medusa Inferno was literally the best in slot for any mag dps for pve period, including the sweats in score runs for DLC trials.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

DoriDori240 posted:

When I quit playing shortly before the xpac launched this year, a precise Medusa Inferno was literally the best in slot for any mag dps for pve period, including the sweats in score runs for DLC trials.

Okay after more googling, yeah that’s pretty rare actually. The drop rate seems low. I see people running 50 times and not getting it. Nice!

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Considering picking this up. There’s a bunch of editions and dlc as well as subscription- realistically I’m gonna play a bunch in the evenings for about two months and then get bored. What should I buy?

E: If it makes a difference I’m mostly interested in story, exploring and casual pvp. pvp is cool but I check out the moment it starts feeling like a job climbing up leaderboards.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 8, 2021

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Fruits of the sea posted:

Considering picking this up. There’s a bunch of editions and dlc as well as subscription- realistically I’m gonna play a bunch in the evenings for about two months and then get bored. What should I buy?

E: If it makes a difference I’m mostly interested in story, exploring and casual pvp. pvp is cool but I check out the moment it starts feeling like a job climbing up leaderboards.
There are 2 editions:
Standard Editon: One big story, a lot of zones. + Morrowind Expansion
The Elder Scrolls Online - Blackwood: Standard Ed+Major expansions: Blackwood, Greymoor, Elsweyr, Summerset each one with its own zone story.

The Collector's editions just add cosmetic stuff. The upgrades are for buying the latest expansion when you own everything else. If you're not sure I'd get the Standard Edition, Blackwood's price is steep.

There will probably be a sale in 1-2 weeks for quakecon., if you want to wait. It will probably be 50% off.

The expansions don't really add anything for PVP except access to a few sets. There are no PVP leaderboards. The small scale battlegrounds have MMR but it's hidden. The open world PVP zone is just whichever instance you want to join.

The sub gets you all previous DLC, which includes smaller DLC that you can only buy in the cash shop, plus the previous expansions: Greymoor, Elsweyr, Summerset. It also gets you some cash shop money more bank space, a craft bag for mats which eases inventory management, and a minor XP and gold boost.
People get it for the craft bag and DLC mostly. You don't need it to play. I would play without it then once you finish the main game quest if you want more you can decide to get the sub or grind gold to buy the expansions.

Increase your bagspace with gold at the bag merchant, increase bank space with gold at the banker, go to the daily horse trainer and increase bank space there too. Once you get level 10 and do a bit of PVP get continuous attack PVP passive that gives you +30% horse speed.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Nice, thanks. I got no problem waiting a couple weeks.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I play basically the way you said you expect to, other than I don't care for PvP.

There is a ridiculous amount of content to explore if you just pick up the standard game and ESO+ (subscription). If you want to do tradeskills at all I highly recommend only playing this game with the ESO+ sub due to the bank space and unlimited crafting bag of holding. Without the sub I would ignore crafting, and that's a big part of games like this for me.

You can easily try it without the ESO+ and if you decide you like it and want to get into the crafting then add the subscription at that point.

Edit: Caveat, I don't think you can play the Warden, and I know you can't play the Necromancer without either purchasing the latest expansion which brings you up to date, or using the crowns from your ESO+ subscription to 'buy' the classes (you get 1650 crowns per month and the classes cost 1500 each to unlock).

The Locator fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 8, 2021

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The Locator posted:

Edit: Caveat, I don't think you can play the Warden, and I know you can't play the Necromancer without either purchasing the latest expansion which brings you up to date, or using the crowns from your ESO+ subscription to 'buy' the classes (you get 1650 crowns per month and the classes cost 1500 each to unlock).
The only people who can't play Warden are those who bought the base game over 2/3 years ago. Everyone buying it now get Warden. You're right about Necro, though.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The only people who can't play Warden are those who bought the base game over 2/3 years ago. Everyone buying it now get Warden. You're right about Necro, though.

Ah, okay thanks. I own the expansion it came with so I assumed it was just like Necro which I had to buy in the crown store.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The only things that are a) game altering b) not DLC and c) not earnable in game are:
+the two inventory pets: Bristleneck War Boar and Mournhold Packrat
They each give an extra 5 inventory slots to all your characters. If you only play one or two characters, not very worthwhile. If you have all your character slots full with alts holding inventory, they're worthwhile
+Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade
Lets you make an imperial, plus gives white horse mount
+Banker and Merchant assistants: They're nice but 5000 crowns is steep. Banker is a nice convenience, more without ESO+. The Merchant can maybe earn you a few gold if you have full inventory and have to leave something behind. You'll make more gold trading the crowns for gold than you'll ever make from the merchant. Plus with the banker you can shove stuff in there. I guess if you're really bad about clearing your inventory and the psychological hit of "oh no I have to leave this 50-150 gold weapon because I don't have the merchant" outweighs the 3 million gold those 5000 crowns are currently worth it has a purpose. Or you just really like having a crow friend.
+Necro and Warden classes, if you don't have them and don't plan on buying a chapter at some point, these are worthwhile, but only in a "crowns are a sunk cost" sense. If you had no crowns you'd be better off buying a key for Elseweyr or Greymoor and getting the classes plus the expansions for less than the $15 equivalent.
+Character slots if you want more characters

Rest of the Crown store is:
various DLC: you have these on ESO+
Crown crates: gambling for trash and cosmetics
Upgrades: the stuff above, plus Collectors packs (themed cosmetics), bag and bank upgrades (buyable for gold in game) riding lessons (time gated earnable in game) Name/Race/Alliance/Appearance change (can't be done in game, but gently caress those prices, probably best either living with it or rolling a new character) Skill lines vamp/werewolf/skyshards (all earnable in game)
Utility: Trash scrolls/potions/etc all earnable/buyable in game much cheaper than those prices.
Houses: Staple/Classic are earnable in game, Notable some are earnable some are crown exclusive.
Furniture: All housing stuff, the storage chests can be earned/bought in game, everything else is cosmetic (some of the furnishings are also earnable in game, don't know if all).
Style parlor: cosmetics (hair, adornments, tattoos) for your appearance. None earnable in game.
Crafting: The cosmetic styles are crown exclusive, the motifs can be earned in game. Outfit slots are per character, outfit tokens are consumed, neither is worth the couple grand gold they save you unless you're changing styles really really often.
Wardrobe: Costumes and hats, not earnable in game.
Mounts and pets: just more mounts and pets, some are cute/pretty/cool, none have in game impact except the inventory pets noted above.

If you're considering personal cosmetics, costumes and hair/adornment/tattoos can be changed at no fee once you buy them. Styles, however, have small gold fee in game when you change them 100-1000 gold per piece, depending on the piece.

good post!

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Anyone know an addon that shows unfound things on the map like world bosses and points of interests?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lysandus posted:

Anyone know an addon that shows unfound things on the map like world bosses and points of interests?

Download Minion and go hogwild.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Lysandus posted:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1881-MapPins.html

You can toggle it all.
Edit: And yes, use minion to download/manage the addons. But esoui is good for searching and reading about them

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1881-MapPins.html

You can toggle it all.
Edit: And yes, use minion to download/manage the addons. But esoui is good for searching and reading about them

Thanks

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

I picked this game up a couple weeks ago on the ps4 and my single player MMO experience has been fun. I think I am going to max level my unkillable Templar before trying to play with other people. Where my play playstyle works well for the game, dragons and bosses not in dungeons seem to just crush me and are impossible to kill by myself. This might be normal though. Never played any MMO besides Guild Wars and Planetside. I did 4 playthroughs of skyrim though. For so much voice acting the percent of cringe is probably 75% but the writing isn't bad. The way I see everyone else plow through quests, I am probably the only person not skipping the dialog.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

longtimelurker posted:

I picked this game up a couple weeks ago on the ps4 and my single player MMO experience has been fun. I think I am going to max level my unkillable Templar before trying to play with other people. Where my play playstyle works well for the game, dragons and bosses not in dungeons seem to just crush me and are impossible to kill by myself. This might be normal though. Never played any MMO besides Guild Wars and Planetside. I did 4 playthroughs of skyrim though. For so much voice acting the percent of cringe is probably 75% but the writing isn't bad. The way I see everyone else plow through quests, I am probably the only person not skipping the dialog.

Yeah your not going to solo World Bosses or Dragons. I am sure there are a few players who can with super maxed specific characters but even then they are going to be a long slog to do it. Those and Trials are meant to be multi-player things.

You can get Companions now and with a good Templar build you can solo even some of the Dungeons. You will also be able to walk through any Delve and even the Group Delves solo.

You don't have to max level either. Technically hitting CP 160 is all you need to be able to use any gear and your basically max level. But the CP now goes to 1400? or something like that.

If you take a character into CP (after level 50) then each character you get to level 50+ will automagically get all the CP you have any of your others to. Basically after the first CP character you only need to grind a new one to 50 then you can play any of them to increase your CP on ALL of them.

Edit: BTW I play on PS5 on the US server so if you are on there and want some guild recommendations I can post them for you. I am in 2 guilds that have Trader access. One is donation based and the other doesn't have even that. Otherwise join a couple decent guilds and you will have a bunch of people to play with no pressure.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 9, 2021

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Trastion posted:

Yeah your not going to solo World Bosses or Dragons. I am sure there are a few players who can with super maxed specific characters but even then they are going to be a long slog to do it. Those and Trials are meant to be multi-player things.

You can get Companions now and with a good Templar build you can solo even some of the Dungeons. You will also be able to walk through any Delve and even the Group Delves solo.

You don't have to max level either. Technically hitting CP 160 is all you need to be able to use any gear and your basically max level. But the CP now goes to 1400? or something like that.

If you take a character into CP (after level 50) then each character you get to level 50+ will automagically get all the CP you have any of your others to. Basically after the first CP character you only need to grind a new one to 50 then you can play any of them to increase your CP on ALL of them.

Edit: BTW I play on PS5 on the US server so if you are on there and want some guild recommendations I can post them for you. I am in 2 guilds that have Trader access. One is donation based and the other doesn't have even that. Otherwise join a couple decent guilds and you will have a bunch of people to play with no pressure.

It was a wonderful day when I got enough experience that. I could solo dolmens. :)

Great points I am also in a great guild - LOK-Goonsquad. Apparently it has nothing to do with SA, but I can always throw peeps on PS4/5 an invite if you're looking. No donation required, and a good bunch of peeps. Also feel free to friend me - DocZero. Just let me know you're a goon since I normally ignore randos.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Soloing world bosses is absolutely doable, just a bit of a dodge fest. Think hard dark souls/monster hunter boss fights.

Trials and dragons are a completely different category, i.e. raids, and not really soloable.

e: HC and especially HC DLC dungeons sit in between, as in possibly maybe can be done solo, but you're not going to.

To clarify I'm talking about vanilla world bosses, DLC world bosses sit considerably closer to the HC dungeon category.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 10, 2021

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Doctor Zero posted:

It was a wonderful day when I got enough experience that. I could solo dolmens. :)

Great points I am also in a great guild - LOK-Goonsquad. Apparently it has nothing to do with SA, but I can always throw peeps on PS4/5 an invite if you're looking. No donation required, and a good bunch of peeps. Also feel free to friend me - DocZero. Just let me know you're a goon since I normally ignore randos.

I am full up on my 5 guilds.

I don't think there are any SA peeps in any of mine but who knows.

Praise RNGezus is my main trading guild - Donation based.

Wicked Ways is the other guild I am in that just started to get a trader and there currently are no donation requirements. Just a larger guild with a lot of good people who do trials and stuff.

My other 3 are just smaller ones that I have either been in for years or are off shoots of guilds that I was in.

I don't do any major trading, I just throw most of my purple set gear I find up on there and hope to get a few 1000 gold for them. I use tamrieltradecentre for prices usually if there isn't something already listed to go off of.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Playing some more after playing for a bit about three years ago. I'm glad I kept doing some research and the horse stuff after my interest had faded, so most of that is already done at least.

Is ChillBros guild still around? I assume just ask in the Discord for an invite to the goon guild (assuming there's still one)?

Are there any general community events for things like skyshard / public dungeon tours?

I never got jewelry or enchanting maxed. Both are in the mid/high 30s. Jewelry still "buy rings / run dolmens to decon"? For enchanting, is there a "go to" set of runes to make and decon? I don't mind throwing some gold at it for the last 10-15 levels in each, but I'm not rich. I also have very little use for my gold though.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

xZAOx posted:

Is ChillBros guild still around? I assume just ask in the Discord for an invite to the goon guild (assuming there's still one)?

ChillBros and the other goon guilds are still around, but very inactive. I was surprised to find that I was still a member of all of them when I picked the game up again, so you might want to double-check yourself, as it was at least a couple years since I last played.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

xZAOx posted:

Playing some more after playing for a bit about three years ago. I'm glad I kept doing some research and the horse stuff after my interest had faded, so most of that is already done at least.

Are there any general community events for things like skyshard / public dungeon tours?

I never got jewelry or enchanting maxed. Both are in the mid/high 30s. Jewelry still "buy rings / run dolmens to decon"? For enchanting, is there a "go to" set of runes to make and decon? I don't mind throwing some gold at it for the last 10-15 levels in each, but I'm not rich. I also have very little use for my gold though.

For jewelry & enchanting just run normal content and decon anything blue or green. Sell purples. That stuff drops everywhere all the time.

Also do the daily writs each day and you will level up pretty fast.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

xZAOx posted:

As noted above, the guilds are still around, though not very active, so we don't do events, but we could probably coordinate stuff in this thread if there's interest. I'd be down for it.

Yeah, jewelry is do writs, buy rings/ do dolmens. For enchanting blue is best bang for your buck doing it yourself. If none of your characters have Enchanting maxed I can help you out with that one.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Didn't even have to wait two weeks. It's on sale now until the end of the month.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Thanks for the answers! Sucks that the goon guilds are asleep, but that's most MMOs I dip into every few years.

Good news is I still even had my mods installed (although Minion apparently doesn't install dependencies, so that was annoying to find all the random ones to install to get them to work again). But I still had the lazy writ add-on, so writs have been going again. Although I'm probably going to have to do some of the treasure map things soon to have mats.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

If none of your characters have Enchanting maxed I can help you out with that one.

You say "characters", but I think you mean "character" ;). I'll take you up on that! I have PMs if you want to set something up for later this evening, I'm also in the goon Discord (Bruman#4932).

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Didn't even have to wait two weeks. It's on sale now until the end of the month.

I bought Summerset, but nothing since. I'd need to buy Collection: Blackwood to get everything, yeah? The standalone Blackwood Upgrade is *just* the latest?

Although I'm also on ESO+ (because seriously, gently caress playing this game without it), so I get all the older Chapters/Expacs (and DLC etc) included anyways, so no reason to buy the collection?

As someone who still has hundreds of hours of content to play through, should I really even bother with buying it? It'd just be for Companions right now, I guess?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

xZAOx posted:

I bought Summerset, but nothing since. I'd need to buy Collection: Blackwood to get everything, yeah? The standalone Blackwood Upgrade is *just* the latest?
Yeah, that's right. For you the collection would give you: Elsewyr, Greymoor, Blackwood, Necro Class and a 9th character slot.

quote:

Although I'm also on ESO+ (because seriously, gently caress playing this game without it), so I get all the older Chapters/Expacs (and DLC etc) included anyways, so no reason to buy the collection?
You only have the one character, so I guess the extra character class doesn't mean anything to you, but if you ever wanted to roll a necro you'd have to either buy the class with crowns or buy the collection.

quote:

As someone who still has hundreds of hours of content to play through, should I really even bother with buying it? It'd just be for Companions right now, I guess?
Yeah, I wouldn't bother. Blackwood is a nice zone, but there's so much other content and Blackwood will keep going on sale for a little lower each time throughout the year. Companions are OK, but the actual content with them is thin and while they are nice little boost of damage/healing they're far from necessary.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Oh nice!

Ok, am I gonna have trouble finding groups as a stealthy dps type? Cuz that’s my jam but not if it means queuing endlessly for stuff.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Oh nice!

Ok, am I gonna have trouble finding groups as a stealthy dps type? Cuz that’s my jam but not if it means queuing endlessly for stuff.

nah. Nobody can tell what kind of DPS you are until you show up, and random dungeons are easy enough that nobody cares as long as you aren't idling or something.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

xZAOx posted:

Thanks for the answers! Sucks that the goon guilds are asleep, but that's most MMOs I dip into every few years.

Good news is I still even had my mods installed (although Minion apparently doesn't install dependencies, so that was annoying to find all the random ones to install to get them to work again). But I still had the lazy writ add-on, so writs have been going again. Although I'm probably going to have to do some of the treasure map things soon to have mats.

I did not know about these writ crafting addons and this is a godsend. Are there any other necessary addons aside from the ones in the OP? I have all the "put stuff on your minimap" type addons, I think.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

StarkRavingMad posted:

I did not know about these writ crafting addons and this is a godsend. Are there any other necessary addons aside from the ones in the OP? I have all the "put stuff on your minimap" type addons, I think.

As mentioned, I've only been back for a couple of days, but here's the ones I have that I like:
- Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter (duh)
- CraftStore Blackwood (does several crafting improvements)
- Dungeon Tracker (to know which dungeons I should queue for to get the skill point - I think it just shows generic completion, but that's close enough)
- Harvest Map (adds icons on the map when you harvest something, easier to make up routes that way if you're farming)
- LoreBooks (pretend that you'll actually be able to collect them all - you won't)
- Lost Treasure (if you do treasure maps)
- Postmaster Mail (to get all my hireling mail opened quicker)
- Potion Maker (braindead alchemy)
- Skyshards (duh)

Then like 500 LibX things.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Depend on your playstyle.
I gave up on Advanced UI from the OP for Bandits UI, it gives a lot of options an actually let me uninstall some of those put things on the map addons.

Lazy Writ Crafter if you do daily writs is essential.

Craftstore lets you see what traits you've researched and what recipes and motifs you've learned if that's something you're doing.

Potion Maker changes the alchemy crafting UI so you can pick what you want to make. Makes things a lot easier, just be sure you're making the potion at the right level.

Tamriel Trade Centre: Yeah the prices are not always accurate, but even if you don't sell, it lets you get a quick idea of whether the random furnishing plan or strange item you found is worth a lot.

Harven's Improved Skills Window and Spent Skill Points: make the skillpoint screen clearer to understand.

If you have multiple characters, Inventory Insight and Leo's Altholic are essential for giving you a way of knowing what your alts have.

I think there are a couple of others I'm missing here.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Thanks folks! I'll look into these.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
So I was surprised by how little I had done from my previous play sessions. I looked up a guide to playing the game in order. It looks like I did the first three zones or so. Then I must have hit 50 and got this final line to Cold harbor.

At which point I instead did thieves, mages, dark brotherhood. I don't think I did much of fighters.

Then I must have ran around some zones just getting way shrines, sky shards, etc.

So basically I have like 90% of the quest left to do, lol.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

First impressions:

I figured out how to open the menu with the alt key, clicked on something and a khajiit tried to sell me lootboxes. I couldn’t figure out how to get back to the normal menu so I played through most of the start without using the inventory lmao

Very authentic ES experience otherwise, I have a goofy looking dress on because it gives a stat bonus and my bags are filled with stolen items that I can’t sell.

I like the stun/dodge combat although it’s really hard to read enemy attack animations so my timing is always off.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

xZAOx posted:

So I was surprised by how little I had done from my previous play sessions. I looked up a guide to playing the game in order. It looks like I did the first three zones or so. Then I must have hit 50 and got this final line to Cold harbor.

At which point I instead did thieves, mages, dark brotherhood. I don't think I did much of fighters.

Then I must have ran around some zones just getting way shrines, sky shards, etc.

So basically I have like 90% of the quest left to do, lol.

I've been going back and finishing the main quest and it's gotten very good. I like it a lot and have been taking my time enjoying it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah I remember thinking that the Five Companions storyline was a good TES Main Quest.

The story content has generally improved as they moved onto chapters and DLCs.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

First impressions:

I figured out how to open the menu with the alt key, clicked on something and a khajiit tried to sell me lootboxes. I couldn’t figure out how to get back to the normal menu so I played through most of the start without using the inventory lmao

Very authentic ES experience otherwise, I have a goofy looking dress on because it gives a stat bonus and my bags are filled with stolen items that I can’t sell.

I like the stun/dodge combat although it’s really hard to read enemy attack animations so my timing is always off.

Stolen things can only be fenced\laundered in the Outlaw Refuges. Look for them in the major cities. There will always be 2 entrances, 1 inside the city walls and 1 from the outside so you can enter even if you have heat on you.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

First impressions:

LOL, I had forgotten about that. Assuming you haven't rebound, press I for inventory or J for journal or C for character, etc. All the menus let you pick something else from the top, except the crown crate menu, once you're in the crown crate menu you have to explicitly select one of the other options, using the "previous menu" key just brings you back to the crown crates.

And yeah, use an outlaw refuge for your stolen goods. For Vivec City you can reach it by going down the shore from the wayshrine then around the bend. That route lets you avoid guards. Every city has an unguarded entrance, but some are more convenient than others.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Yeah it was annoying but also pretty drat funny being trolled by lootbox khajiit. I figured it out later by just button mashing the keyboard.

Would have uninstalled directly if I hadn’t heard a lot of folks saying game is good. Still not sure, Blackreach Isle is pretty dire so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Yeah it was annoying but also pretty drat funny being trolled by lootbox khajiit. I figured it out later by just button mashing the keyboard.

Would have uninstalled directly if I hadn’t heard a lot of folks saying game is good. Still not sure, Blackreach Isle is pretty dire so far
Did you get kidnapped yet or did you take the portal that dumps you on Bleakrock after character creation? I don't know why the devs who are clearly invested in making the game single player accessible are so allergic to making a proper intro hook into the story.

Bleakrock is ok conceptually, but yeah it's not good gameplay wise. I found the DC starter island much more engaging. Whether it gets good enough to be good is for you to decide, but it definitely gets better.