Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

DaChurl posted:

I hope everyone has or had a delicious and convenient lunch hour today.

You get a lunch break????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I love commuter rail, but it's probably not a very viable option in New Mexico.

Yesterday I finished up everything I had to do at like 2. I ran to city hall really quickly and got some paperwork for my move done. I got back to work and still had nothing to do, so I decided to leave before someone showed up to give me busywork. It felt good!

Escape From Noise

Today I got lectured on how to be an adult over group text because I asked what the plan was when there was a wind storm advisory. Lol. I wanted to respond with something salty about the guy throwing temper tantrums lecturing people on how to be an adult but... I'm too lame.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Screenshots are forever.

Escape From Noise

I took one. Strongly considering walking after I brew today.

Escape From Noise

When I finally did bike into work, it was fine, but when I woke up at 7:00 because I was going to try to get in early the wind was really bad. It just really burns my rear end to have my boss who literally throws temper tantrums all the time and his constant thing is to scream "Don't act like a child!" or "Be an adult!" like a real big boy, is lecturing me on responsibility because I texted work for answers on what the plan was during a literal loving storm advisory!

Escape From Noise

gently caress this place. I'm going to report them for unpaid overtime, unsafe working conditions, and harassment.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
This semester I'm teaching one course from a standardized syllabus, it's one of those things where every freshman has to take it (more or less) and have a uniform set of like... topical essays to talk about. Anyway I'm dreading opening up the revised version of the readings because the last time I taught this class was like six or so years ago and one of the units was about the ~TRANS BATHROOM *DEBATE*~ and in 2021 I don't want to have to juggle the pros and cons of whether or not I should be allowed to honk out a piss while abroad in the blinking world to a bunch of 18 year olds.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I still hear people talk about the bathroom thing fairly regularly. That's dumb. Quit being dumb, people.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

gently caress this place. I'm going to report them for unpaid overtime, unsafe working conditions, and harassment.

Please do and screenshot everything.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I called off. And now I have power back. I'm still not going, because insurance will be here in a couple of hours to assess damages and $50K in damages estimated is more money than I make in a year anyway.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I called off. And now I have power back. I'm still not going, because insurance will be here in a couple of hours to assess damages and $50K in damages estimated is more money than I make in a year anyway.

I hope this works out for you, you more than deserve it.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
"Just curious" MY ASSSSS
gently caress OFFFFF

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hello orbs

this new gig is actually pretty sweet. i research warranty claims for car engines and transmissions. i do like... an hour of actual work and the other seven hours i spend waiting for calls to come in.

so imma be posting a lot more :P

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm at work. If things keep going this way I won't be.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I sorted out all my lesson plans and modules on Canvas and gosh this syllabus emits a woeful energy. Lots of thinkpieces about cancel culture, all of it precisely calibrated to 2014 for maximum undergraduates-responding-with-total-disdain.

I understand why the classes that got pseudo perma-shifted to online were the intro to writing ones, but I'm frustrated because one of my friends' new books came out and it rules so much and I wish I could teach it in a poetry class.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
currently waiting on hold with my transmissions supplier to fix an ordering snafu.

that seems to be most of my working day. sitting on hold.

that's not a complaint.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ass-penny

I wish I could post more from work. Speaking of I should stop lurking and get my shoes on...

MN did you get in an accident? What happened to your car?

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

I wish I could post more from work. Speaking of I should stop lurking and get my shoes on...

MN did you get in an accident? What happened to your car?

Long story but my car engine exploded in January. Turns out it's a Ford. Who knew! Anyway lol pandemic can't get an engine from Ford who knew about the issue since the car was made, and I'm the last motherfucker to know because I literally only have a car to go to work and back.

Anyway.

I've been driving a rental Camry since January.
My car is a Ford Escape.
My body hurts. Always. It's very difficult on my joints to ride that low to the ground and that loving bumpy.

So, soon. My KIA that I bought a couple of years ago that my wife kept and only put a few miles on is coming here soon.

Ass-penny

Woah! Glad you're getting a car you should be more comfortable in.
In work news I might have to murder a customer tonight.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

"Start looking around for x products. We need to find replacements, like, yesterday."

I have been telling you for a year that the buyout at Big Company by Even Bigger Contract Manufacturing For Retail Company was going to be disastrous. I know first hand since this happened to the place I worked a few years ago: it was bought by EBCMFRC. They ran us into the ground and took over the plant to manufacture things they sell at Walmart.

Anyway. Hooray! We're loving doomed!

Ass-penny

Good thing you've already got one foot out the door? :shrug:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

Good thing you've already got one foot out the door? :shrug:

Yup. I'm basically just lollin.

Ass-penny

I worked at a bakery/cafe/winebar late 09-maybe 2011, I hated my boss with a passion. I worked a second job washing dishes at a catering company for 6 months or so before I asked them if I could work full time, and they said yes. I walked into the bakery the next morning looked at the schedule that was posted and told them I'd work these days that were posted (about a week and a few days out) but that was all they were getting from me. They were stressed but ultimately weren't able to retaliate. Later on talking to someone that worked there who I was on good terms with, they told me the bakery shut down within months of me leaving, I laughed and laughed. Good. Frederich can go gently caress himself.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I've told them multiple times that they're going to have to get someone I can train, this isn't forever to me.

They've run through 8 people just processing orders and the person that does that now is ready to leave. The warehouse guy is about ready to leave. Even the person angling to buy out the owner wants to leave.

It's bad lol.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

I've told them multiple times that they're going to have to get someone I can train, this isn't forever to me.

They've run through 8 people just processing orders and the person that does that now is ready to leave. The warehouse guy is about ready to leave. Even the person angling to buy out the owner wants to leave.

It's bad lol.

It almost sounds like what would happen if EFN's boss were successful.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Yes except my boss can't even come up with his own bad recipes

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Yes except my boss can't even come up with his own bad recipes

My boss can't either. He took them from the lovely brewery he trained at. Lol.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

My boss is...sorta successful. He was born rich and at first he was small, so I think they did alright, but he's really overextended the business. He also got a bunch of loans and grants from the prefecture in the city because it's more rural and they give money to companies in the hopes of having more jobs.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

It's bad lol.

I'm glad you can finally lol. Sounds like a disaster. Why are bosses always like this?

So there's a major issue coming down the pipeline, but if we deal with it now we should be alright.

"But there's no problem right now."

No, but...

"Fixing it would cost money. I'm sure it'll be fine"

*Several months later the disaster you predicted strikes*

Boss: Who could have seen this coming???

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The buyout of manufacturer was like this week last year. I told them what was up.

Nobody listened.

Lol. It's cool feeling like Business Cassandra always.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

The buyout of manufacturer was like this week last year. I told them what was up.

Nobody listened.

Lol. It's cool feeling like Business Cassandra always.

It's such a depressingly believable scenerio.

cruft

A bigwig from the home office is suddenly insisting on paying us an in-person visit this fall. Here are the problems with that:

• We don't even have offices right now, they're being renovated and everything's torn up.
  • They want to come for three days: if I really stretched I could probably come up with 4 hours worth of stuff for them to do.
  • They want to come two weeks before we put on the event that takes us 6 months to prepare for. This is the busiest time of the whole loving year for me.
  • When someone at this level comes out, it typically takes 1-2 weeks to plan for the visit itself.
  • Have you looked at the news recently? I have. Come fall, nobody's going to want to sit in a closed room for three days with someone who's been running around the country.

Multiple people, myself included, have tried to explain that this is a terrible idea. But if there's one thing this person is really good at, it's wading in with their big managerial sledgehammer and smashing poo poo that everybody else has to spend weeks or months cleaning up. They just emailed saying thanks for my input and they'd be getting back to me with the exact dates.

Pretty excited about this!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Have you told them that if you get COVID because they forced you to work in unsafe circumstances that they're legally liable for it? Because that's going to be hitting the pipeline today sssoooooo...

Finger Prince

Missed call from the HR guy this morning. Call back, leave a message. Call cell, leave a message. Get off subway, missed call again. Call back, leave a message. Send him an email, saying call back after 3 or we can do this over email. Call at 3, leave a message. Call at 4, leave a message. This loving guy went home at like noon today, I know it. Now I have to wait until Monday to schedule an interview and I was hoping to be out of town on Monday.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

A bigwig from the home office is suddenly insisting on paying us an in-person visit this fall. Here are the problems with that:

• We don't even have offices right now, they're being renovated and everything's torn up.
  • They want to come for three days: if I really stretched I could probably come up with 4 hours worth of stuff for them to do.
  • They want to come two weeks before we put on the event that takes us 6 months to prepare for. This is the busiest time of the whole loving year for me.
  • When someone at this level comes out, it typically takes 1-2 weeks to plan for the visit itself.
  • Have you looked at the news recently? I have. Come fall, nobody's going to want to sit in a closed room for three days with someone who's been running around the country.

Multiple people, myself included, have tried to explain that this is a terrible idea. But if there's one thing this person is really good at, it's wading in with their big managerial sledgehammer and smashing poo poo that everybody else has to spend weeks or months cleaning up. They just emailed saying thanks for my input and they'd be getting back to me with the exact dates.

Pretty excited about this!

Jesus Christ that's some bullshit.

Escape From Noise

Almost done with my second to last day at this garbage job! Brew day went mostly smoothly, despite having to bike here in a storm. Actually not too worn out today.

Escape From Noise

Lol. Everything in that Brewery is in such a constant state of disrepair, partially because the owner is so cheap and buys the cheapest possible anything, but also partially because apparently he has pissed off all of the trades people in the city and they all hate him so they do the bare minimum when he hires them to do anything. He always asks for work to be done way cheaper, and treats any service industry people and representatives like poo poo. I guess he freaked out on Facebook chats at the guy who supplied the tanks and brewhouse for us, because there was a problem with the thermometer, I guess it's happened a couple of times. Still. Dude's just a supplier.

The system they use is not super great, but he's convinced that he's going to be some sort of sales representative for them, because he has "experience" with the system and it's the only one in Japan. Lol. Okay dude.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 15, 2021

cruft

Congratulations EFN, you made it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Yep! Now I need to make sure he doesn't gently caress me on the apartment cleaning bill.