Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

StrixNebulosa posted:

Whooo wants weird steam drama?

Warzone 2100 is a super old RTS from the 90s that's pretty cool - modular units, a campaign where you build one base and use it as a hub to send units to the maps you're trying to conquer - and it's free and open-source!

https://wz2100.net/

Now, the drama: it's also been released on steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1241950/Warzone_2100/

.... but not by the main open source team. It's some random dude who keeps pulling the public releases and putting them on steam. He doesn't listen to them asking him to stop, and well I'll just quote their announcement from the discord:

As the steam version is free I genuinely do not understand why this dude is doing this. What benefit does he get? Why has he been doing it for over a year now?

Huh, didn't know that, I've been recommending the steam version here and there but didn't realize it was some weird, unofficial release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

what the gently caress steam, I'm getting like 1/10th of my normal dl cap, speedtest is normal, speed limit is not set in steam, changing dl servers does nothing

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Man I remember Warzone 2100. I had the demo for PC but I owned a legit copy for the original PlayStation. Trying to play that game on the original PlayStation controller was not easy…

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Warzone 2100 is a super old RTS from the 90s that's pretty cool - modular units, a campaign where you build one base and use it as a hub to send units to the maps you're trying to conquer - and it's free and open-source!

Now, the drama: it's also been released on steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1241950/Warzone_2100/

.... but not by the main open source team. It's some random dude who keeps pulling the public releases and putting them on steam. He doesn't listen to them asking him to stop, and well I'll just quote their announcement from the discord:

As the steam version is free I genuinely do not understand why this dude is doing this. What benefit does he get? Why has he been doing it for over a year now?

Pretty sure they could contact Steam and get it yoinked, you can't put GPL software on the store.
I mean, if you're developing the software and releasing it as GPL you can also put it on the store, but that's just releasing something you own the copyright to, you can't take GPL software from another source and publish it on the store while still following both the terms of the GPL and Steam's own terms.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

My guess would be he wants his name to show up as the publisher of a videogame

here's his "publisher" site where he sells a game called "Underdone RPG" for $60 and it looks like it's just a custom Garry's Mod map and also an RPGMaker game.
https://underdone.org/

e: From looking at Underdone's discord it looks like he probably just took it and uploaded it on Steam so his friends could download it from there and play with him, the discord server seems to mostly be people who play games with him but wouldn't know how to install a game that isn't on Steam

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 9, 2021

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

StrixNebulosa posted:

Stupid drama aside, Warzone 2100 is fuckin rad. It did a lot of interesting stuff that I never saw in another RTS. You could make bombers and then link them to towers with counterbattery sensors - if your base got hit by artillery the bombers would automatically fly out and start bombing the guns. You could put a command turret on a tank, then assign other units to it - it would act as a target designator, causing the entire group to focus fire without you having to micro it. You could also set the command tank as an output destination for your factories so your reinforcements would get shipped straight to the front.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

BrianRx posted:

Uh oh. No, I do not. I know it's the same studio, but If he was involved in Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit I may have made a terrible mistake...

It's occasionally offensively stupid but it's also his best game. I was genuinely surprised at some of the ways it lets you gently caress up the story and branch off; if you can get over the writing in some parts it's an impressively ambitious branching narrative game.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Late game artillery can shoot across the map so if you have a base with counter battery turrets and lots of artillery, and your opponent does as well, one of you can trigger a back and forth of cross-map automated artillery exchanges. You can't even stop it, the guns will fire until one side is silenced.

Which is :black101: as hell in an RTS.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

BrianRx posted:

Uh oh. No, I do not. I know it's the same studio, but If he was involved in Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit I may have made a terrible mistake...
https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/1117835883460407301

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm crossposting this from the management games megathread because this game has never been mentioned in this thread (or basically anywhere else), but it's... very fascinating and it's more at home here than the management games thread anyway.

Ragnorium.
Ragnorium.
This is the only post in this thread about Ragnorium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQPWV3EudEk

What the gently caress is this game. I say that in the most endearing manner possible.
“sort of a Kenshi-meets-Rimworld-meets-E.Y.E.-meets-Caves of Qud type thing”

I ran into this game today for the first time and bought it and played for one hour.

I’ll save a lot of you some time right now and say I don’t know if I can say that this is a great “game” yet, but it’s a hell of a bizarre, surreal colony simulator, city builder rogue-lite “experience” and if that sounds intriguing to you, then check this the gently caress out. This game has been in EA for a full year and has received updates nearly every single week, with a banner in-game explaining that there are new patches every Friday.

And I have no idea how I just now heard of it because - I don't really know how to explain it but this game has a serious je ne sais quoi that just sets it apart from all the other "what the gently caress is this" weird obtuse games I've played.

It’s really hard to draw more than a superficial direct comparison to any other game I'm familiar with. The crux of it is that you are some entity on a space station launching groups of wasteland punk clones to post-apocalyptic planets in order to begin recolonization efforts, so the roguelite metagame is that between colonizations you earn access to bigger ships to bring more or better clones or cargo with you when you start a new colony.

The “missions” play out in colony builder RPG fashion, sort of a Kenshi-meets-Rimworld-meets-E.Y.E.-meets-Caves of Qud type thing. Your three naked colonists with modeled floppy dongs and neon mohawks crash into the side of a planet along with a portable supercomputer (complete with gigantic keyboards they whip out to use in a cyberpunk inspired decking animation while researching) and you begin the difficult task of deciphering an obtusely mad UI to figure out what the hell you need to do and, more importantly, how to do it. All of the maps (currently maybe 10 or so?) are hand-built and actually feature considered terrain and challenges built in to the way they’re designed. You’re in biomes that are directly inspired by locations on Earth but surrounded by surreal things like big mounds of unidentifiable organic matter that you can harvest meat from, the leftover junk of a destroyed Human civilization (including big, broken freeways and billboards, junkyards, etc), alien worm-creatures, hostile walking plants, regular ol’ Rabbits and just… weird stuff like that.

Your clone colonists start gathering things like old TVs that they wear as helmets? I don’t really know what’s going on but huge vibes of the comic book Saga coming from this game. You need to start off by crafting the most primitive of things, like grass skirts and wooden sticks for combat which is juxtaposed against the fact that your colonists are using mega-advanced ultratech tools to do this.

The interface is equal parts “bad” and “compelling” in that it’s all uncannily familiar but for lack of a better term you just don’t interact with it the way you would expect to. It’s hard to elaborate in words what I mean. It’s very avant garde and you could probably argue whether it’s intentionally obtuse to make the player feel discombobulated, or whether it just poorly telegraphs itself, but in the context of the rest of the game it’s probably (intentionally) a bit of both.

The pacing is, uhh… in any other game I would hate it, but for some reason it’s intriguing to me here. It’s very slow, and (as far as I can tell) there is no option to fast forward. In-game days take hours to play out in real-time. You need to deliver resources for the recolonization effort every day by 18:00 and that came a full hour of real time after I sat down to start my colony. But it just sort of feels... right? Or wrongly right. The entire game is just slightly unsettling in a way that feels very planned - it's not scary or creepy or anything of the sort, it just... isn't ever doing or being exactly what you expect?

Like okay, you designate sleeping "zones" for your clones. I had just started my first run so I had very little going for me, just a few stockpile zones and a small half-finished foundation of a building, when one of my colonists wanted a nap. So I placed a sleeping zone right next to a stockpile zone and he went to sleep. Every time another colonist stepped on that tile on their way to the stockpile zone, there was a sort of punch-like sound and a red flash and the sleeping colonist would stand up with an unhappy face next to them. I figured it was a "disturbed sleep" type thing like in Rimworld.

But no. Every time it happened, that was people stepping on, and damaging, the sleeping clone - who eventually died from this. RIP, Beetle Horror. And again, in other games I would probably sigh and go "That's annoying" but there's something about it here that made me think "Holy poo poo, hahaha" instead and I cannot elucidate it.

My experience is still very limited so I hesitate to recommend the game because this is literally my experiences just based on the first in-game day, I haven't even got to the weird event system where you purchase the events that befall your colony from some kind of event store, or things like that yet. But I know I'm not the only poster in Games who is weirdly drawn to these brilliant artistic madness games, and this one at least seems to have that certain something that makes it not just throwaway janky garbage, so... yeah. If that's your jam I recommend checking it out.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 9, 2021

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Is there an appropriate thread for these chore simulator games? House Flipper, Car Simulator, etc.

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

So this absolutely sounds fascinating, thanks for posting about it! I happen to love janky simulation games generally, if you come back to it and think it's worth digging into you should definitely make a thread for it. There's been a LOT of colony sims launching into early access over the last year and a bit, though most go for a basic DF/rimworld gameplay loop, often simplified with maybe less obtuse UI. This one actually sounds like it has it's own ideas of what a colony sim can be rather than just copying simulation mechanics from elsewhere which makes it stand out as more interesting than the legion of clones that seem half baked and are simply trying to get the jump on DF before it launches on steam.

It's weird, it felt like before toady announced DF was coming to steam, there just wasn't a lot of options beyond rimworld. Whereas now, it seems like there's a new colony sim or three launching practically every month. It was a pretty niche genre as far as I could tell, and I'm not sure there's a large enough audience to support dozens of indies making the same kind of game. Half the early access games I play feel like they're doomed to never leave early access. Space Haven and Flotsam are two I played recently that I enjoyed up until the point I realized there's just nothing to do in them once your colony is stable and haven't touched either of them since.

Anyway, that aside, I do love games that are unique and/or strange, and this sounds like it could fit the bill, definitely be interested to read more about it when you get the chance!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Some things about it that are memorable:

You have to designate bathroom zones and your colonists actually walk to them and visibly pee or poop in them. It sounds weird but it's not trying to be realistic or sexual, it's just gruff brute cartoonish pooping.

The RPG side of things involves equipping your characters, sending them on quests, and a rather involved-looking (but hands-off to the player) combat system reminiscent of Kenshi. There is a storyline to drive you along related to the quests and objectives it sends you on.

One really cool feature is that you'll get these quests like "We need Flint to start a fire at our campfire, go find some!" which you would expect to involve the player scouring around the map looking for a source of flint. But in this game it's a quest that you assign a number of colonists to, your supercomputer directs them to the nearest flint, and they group up then walk over there (and possibly get attacked on the way) to sort of 'survey' it which makes it mineable - it's just a cool organic way of telegraphing where resources are to you. Another early quest has you raid some nearby bandits to steal the technology of building stone hammers, the first weapon upgrade to your wooden sticks.

It's iffy about whether it teaches you things or not. There's a nice guided quest/objective system that walks you through basics and unlocks things for you, but on the other hand there are absolutely no tooltips when hovering your mouse over most things, or ways to view more info about them in general. Strictly as a gameplay mechanic that's kind of bad, but in the context of this entire game and the way it does things, it helps preserve the mystery

Okay this one sounds dumb but the whole game is full of little things like this which add up to make it unique - when you first start a new colony, you choose your starting location on the map similarly to how you do in Battle Royale games - you're flying over the map in an aircraft and you have to survey the land and what resources are available where visually, with your actual eyes, then click the spot you want to set up shop and launch your cargo pods/clones over there. It's not a radical concept but it feels very different and fun for the genre

There apparently is a 2x speed option, but it's not available right off the bat. It may only be available in the "Zenlike" mode (no negative random events) or maybe from a research or something.

e: I guess a good way to describe it is that it takes all of the things that are usually complaints in games like this (Like for example not having exact details on what resources will be available near your landing zone) and instead of removing them (like by just giving you all that info on the screen where you select where to land) it abstracts them into something interactive, like the Battle Royale style intro where if you look close enough you can see bandits and resources and things from up in the sky, but you're at the mercy of the FoV and angles the plane gives you as it flies around. And it at least feels like it does all of this deliberately so far, which isn't always "for the best" depending on your perspective, but it is at least providing an experience that feels different while still being entirely coherent.

I would now compare it somewhat to Amazing Cultivation Simulator both in the overall concept of the game (partially and initially a colony sim, but later on places higher focus on your characters and their adventures) and in the (for lack of a better word) weirdness of it. Instead of the mysterious part being indecipherable ancient Taoist medicine, it's this surreal post-post-apocalyptic Sci Fi world that's like a tamer version of Caves of Qud (it even has similar music)

edit 2: I don't know how this shakes out in the long run yet, but instead of throwing random events at you like Rimworld, you get event 'shops' like this this daily - you have to choose exactly one, so it's either spend Influence for a positive event (in this case a nomad traveler who wants to rest at my colony for a while) or don't spend influence but get a negative event. Influence also allows getting new colonists sent from home or getting cargo/supply drops from home.

There's even a surreal in-universe lore explanation for why your colony gets a choice of 3 random events each day, explaining that it's something that just happens to every town ever since the apocalypse

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 9, 2021

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

zachol posted:

Is there an appropriate thread for these chore simulator games? House Flipper, Car Simulator, etc.
Working Simulators

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Thanks for putting this on my radar! I checked out the store and there's a stream from (I presume) the dev and he looks exactly like a wizard.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My entire colony was killed off by fascist robots in gas masks

while trying to pick wild carrots under the shadow of a colossal flying cargo train

That's enough for tonight but IMO game is good and I'm surprised it flew under my radar for an entire year. It's definitely not for everyone but if you think it might be for you, you'll probably like it. It's $25 which is more than I generally pay for unknown games these days but I can tell I will at least get $25 worth of entertainment out of it.

I was wrong about the Roguelite aspects - there's no meta-progression between colonies but the system I mentioned before in that context is used for providing drops of new colonists or resources on later days of an existing colony.

It has a pretty flexible decoration system with lots of props you can build which can be freely placed on walls and floors (there's no grid), I didn't make it far enough to be building props other than two cogwheels required to make a workshop but it looks like it will be possible to give your colonies a lot of visual personality - assigning certain room types requires certain types of props be used in the room (like two cogwheels on the wall of a workshop), so there's something to the slow pace of it that makes it a more relaxed game where you spend your time doing things like building and placing props to make your town look nice, leisurely hanging out and poking at resources, etc. As far as I can tell enemies never 'raid' you unless that's what you choose from the event shop, and the only time pressure is delivering requested resources to a maintenance zone by 18:00 every day. Failure to do that lowers your entire colony's morale.

The fiddly stuff isn't in production chains or resource management but in the moment to moment actions of your colonists and the way you build and stuff like that. Still struggling to summarize it but; it's akin to a small-scale Kenshi with less direct control of characters but with a more sensible building system, more specific direction, and more firmly rooted around building a settlement. And a little bit of The Sims.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 9, 2021

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

That chromatic aberration is absolutely horrible.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

deep dish peat moss posted:

while trying to pick wild carrots under the shadow of a colossal flying cargo train

That's enough for tonight but IMO game is good and I'm surprised it flew under my radar for an entire year. It's definitely not for everyone but if you think it might be for you, you'll probably like it. It's $25 which is more than I generally pay for unknown games these days but I can tell I will at least get $25 worth of entertainment out of it.

I was wrong about the Roguelite aspects - there's no meta-progression between colonies but the system I mentioned before in that context is used for providing drops of new colonists or resources on later days of an existing colony.

It has a pretty flexible decoration system with lots of props you can build which can be freely placed on walls and floors (there's no grid), I didn't make it far enough to be building props other than two cogwheels required to make a workshop but it looks like it will be possible to give your colonies a lot of visual personality - assigning certain room types requires certain types of props be used in the room (like two cogwheels on the wall of a workshop), so there's something to the slow pace of it that makes it a more relaxed game where you spend your time doing things like building and placing props to make your town look nice, leisurely hanging out and poking at resources, etc. As far as I can tell enemies never 'raid' you unless that's what you choose from the event shop, and the only time pressure is delivering requested resources to a maintenance zone by 18:00 every day. Failure to do that lowers your entire colony's morale.

The fiddly stuff isn't in production chains or resource management but in the moment to moment actions of your colonists and the way you build and stuff like that. Still struggling to summarize it but; it's akin to a small-scale Kenshi with less direct control of characters but with a more sensible building system, more specific direction, and more firmly rooted around building a settlement. And a little bit of The Sims.

Ragnorium is currently on sale for 20$ at Fanatical

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

This gave me a free game from their summer spin sale thing, I don't want it so it's up for grabs:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/smoke-and-sacrifice
EMX*V-8LL59-4A64J
* = five

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Why is this blurry. Is that what the game is like?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Zereth posted:

Why is this blurry. Is that what the game is like?

I'm trying it for the first time now, and it looks like the menus are intentionally blurry for whatever reason. There's a setting to turn it off.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

deep dish peat moss posted:

That's giving me a headache to look at

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
they've turned the chromatic aberration dial up to 2000%

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I assumed it was some sort of effect accentuating the giant cargo train flying above. If not then welp.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I checked the Steam page too, the screenshots there didn't look too bad at first until I zoomed in. It's like they have a filter to intentionally smear the pixels or something.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Indie game release date updates:

Arietta of Spirits releases August 20th
Webbed releases September 9th
Garden Story is still in the Steam queue for August 11th, they've started streaming the first 30 minutes 24/7 on the Steam page so I would assume that even if it doesn't release this week, it will release very soon
Dread Templar will be releasing in Early Access on August 14th as part of the Realms Deep event (a retro FPS E3-type showcase)

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Protocol7 posted:

I checked the Steam page too, the screenshots there didn't look too bad at first until I zoomed in. It's like they have a filter to intentionally smear the pixels or something.

It's not quite as bad in motion as in stills, for what it's worth. It's still everywhere and an odd visual choice, but you kind of get used to it.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
CA is the dumbest 'artistic' choice devs decide to put into visuals. I'm fine with motion blur and bloom and all that when it's done well, but CA is never done well because it is 100% always a bad idea. Let's take this gorgeous looking game where we've invested years in nice visuals then just absolutely gently caress this poo poo up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aphex- posted:

CA is the dumbest 'artistic' choice devs decide to put into visuals. I'm fine with motion blur and bloom and all that when it's done well, but CA is never done well because it is 100% always a bad idea. Let's take this gorgeous looking game where we've invested years in nice visuals then just absolutely gently caress this poo poo up.

It looks good when applied mildly in particular instances or as a stylistic effect, but that doesn't happen often

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Aphex- posted:

How did it even become a video game thing anyways? It's literally a thing that happens in photography if you do it wrong. It's when a lens can't refract all the wavelengths of color properly in one point, causing ghostly greens and reds along edges between color changes in the photograph.

Just interesting that it's now a purposeful thing in some cases. I guess I could see an interesting effect using it successfully, but all the time is a strange choice. Maybe it's to provide a kind of nostalgic feel as CA used to be more common with less advanced lenses back in the day?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zachol posted:

There's the Oddly Specific Niche Simulator Thread, but it's been dead for a couple of months.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Play posted:

How did it even become a video game thing anyways?

Just interesting that it's now a purposeful thing in some cases.

it's the pre-ripped jeans of art design :v:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sounds like some people need to degauss their monitors

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Play posted:

How did it even become a video game thing anyways? It's literally a thing that happens in photography if you do it wrong. It's when a lens can't refract all the wavelengths of color properly in one point, causing ghostly greens and reds along edges between color changes in the photograph.

Just interesting that it's now a purposeful thing in some cases. I guess I could see an interesting effect using it successfully, but all the time is a strange choice. Maybe it's to provide a kind of nostalgic feel as CA used to be more common with less advanced lenses back in the day?

Lens flares are also purely a "you, the photographer, hosed up" kinda thing but they've become almost ubiquitous.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Aphex- posted:

What if my game looks like poo poo and I want to double down on it because I have no resources left to make it look good? :v:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Also if you get Ragnorium, keep in mind that it doesn't auto-save. My colony died a couple hours through the tutorial mission.

I couldn't be assed to repeat it. The default start fortunately explains things too. Not a complete disaster, but nowhere as thoroughly as the tutorial.

Between the jank, the weird setting and the visual style, it feels like I'm playing an E.Y.E. version of Rimworld. I kind of like it.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Re: the visual effects in Ragnorium, someone asked how to turn it off, and got this from the developers:

quote:

Turn on Anti-Aliasing and Disable Expert Options.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/474020/discussions/3/2961642818650721312/

Has anyone tried that? Does it make things look less headache-inducing? Could you post a few screenshots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Lens flares are also purely a "you, the photographer, hosed up" kinda thing but they've become almost ubiquitous.

True, but there is a slight difference there which is that the lenses in your eyes can also create lens flare, making it less of a mistake and more just a fact of life when you are viewing anything through a lens including those inside your eyes. Apparently chromatic aberration can happen in your eyes as well but if so it's very minor, not something I can really remember dealing with

Lakitu7 posted:

Re: the visual effects in Ragnorium, someone asked how to turn it off, and got this from the developers:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/474020/discussions/3/2961642818650721312/

Has anyone tried that? Does it make things look less headache-inducing? Could you post a few screenshots?

If you watch the video someone posted of it, it doesn't look nearly as bad as that screenshot made it seem.

Play fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 9, 2021