Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Artificer posted:

Last time I looked at EVE, goons had gotten pushed out of Deklein and the juicy parts of NW nullsec, lost the war, and was in lowsec. What the hell happened since?

Goons moved to Delve, put up years of infrastructure, printed billions of subcaps caps and supers and then PAPI formed 150,000 idiots to kick us out and couldn't.

Resub, get in fleet, poo poo's fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Artificer posted:

Last time I looked at EVE, goons had gotten pushed out of Deklein and the juicy parts of NW nullsec, lost the war, and was in lowsec. What the hell happened since?

We eventually evacced to Delve, and built it up and mined up a massive titan fleet. 13 months ago, 150,000 hostile pilots made a coalition to exterminate us. Their will finally broke six days ago, and we erased 13 months of their war progress in six days.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Artificer posted:

Took back Delve and spent years building a huge fuckoff fleet and castles.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I enjoyed delk rats more.

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.
I warped a 250km sniper rokh on top of the keepstar in T5Z at 50km to try and land a shot for the killmail because I can't read and thought that keepstar was already on its last leg and was about to die.

Of course it was blown up spectacularly and I've been spending the last several hours with some 1st grade math flash cards in an effort to understand how I thought 50km was >= 250km.

I don't know why I thought it was a good idea, but I'm ready to do it again tomorrow when the ref timer runs out again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Never forget the delta motto "post lots, kill little"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I thought the Delta motto was shoot blues, message vile rat.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
The last move-op was completely cancelled for the reason that ‘all caps have already been moved.’ This makes no sense?! I moved all my stuff out earlier but to loving hear that y’all are just ditching the EST people with their ships in T5ZI makes zero sense at all. Goons are just sitting on the keepstar right now completely uncontested. what a dumpster fire.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Dalmuti posted:

Never forget the delta motto "post lots, kill little"

i thought the delta motto was "always take the bait"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

andromache posted:

i thought the delta motto was "always take the bait"

No that's the motto of the game as a whole if you're not a coward

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i just got myself moved back into syndicate so, who is really winning the war

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Numismancer posted:

The last move-op was completely cancelled for the reason that ‘all caps have already been moved.’ This makes no sense?! I moved all my stuff out earlier but to loving hear that y’all are just ditching the EST people with their ships in T5ZI makes zero sense at all. Goons are just sitting on the keepstar right now completely uncontested. what a dumpster fire.

I was actually shocked that we are already able to basically kill people on their keepstar undock with impunity. With the only real danger being an occasional DD from the keep itself.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

In an ideal game we'd be able to turn Syndicate into a better region than Delve.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

jEveAssets tells me I still have my first precious Megathron in S-U8A4 :shobon:

Starting to wonder if there's a way to Lose EVE that contributes to the Swarm, but is also compatible with how my life goes these days. I've seen people mention playing EVE with comms off watching Netflix, and that's about the level of attention I'd be able to devote most of the time (with the occasional "throw a carrier at it" fleet op), and since money is tight I'd rather have a way to pay through plex than pay $20/mo for my two accounts. Any thoughts on ways an incredibly outdated returning vet could help the cause under those constraints?

In terms of what I've got to work with, EVEmon tells me my pair of accounts had:
  • A newly-trained Thanatos pilot with the training for our sniper battleship doctrine of yore, and a Thanatos with a wildly outdated fit sitting in dock. Note: I have no idea how carriers work now.
  • A pretty ridiculous (for 2010) "everything but caps" 56m SP character bequeathed to me by a friend who used it primarily for exploration and HAC/Recon fuckery: 4 or 5 in nearly every subcap Spaceship Command and ship system skill that existed in 2010, plus some decent mining, processing, industry, science, and Anchoring V for some reason
  • A dedicated covops/ceptor/dictor alt with respectable skills for the Amarr/Minmatar variants
  • A VCBee, hell yeah :toot:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

They can eat our rear end on the beaches,
they can eat our rear end on the landing grounds,
they can eat our rear end in the fields and in the streets,
they can eat our rear end in the hills;

I chorkled from this

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Numismancer posted:

If they aren't moving those subcaps out you'd think they would just form fleets and lose them in glorious battle, but then again their leaders are risk adverse cowards ...

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

MaxPowers posted:

I chorkled from this

Is this some sort of comedy choking fetish?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Is this some sort of comedy choking fetish?

It's when you chortle, but you're a giant gross goonbeast so your neck flaps ripple like the head gungan in star wars episode 1.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Kestral posted:

jEveAssets tells me I still have my first precious Megathron in S-U8A4 :shobon:

Thanks for this, I had no idea that existed so I downloaded it and now know that all my stuff is in someplace called Villasen V - Lai Dai Protection Service Logistic Support in the Caldari State in Asset Protection wraps... whatever those are!

I have zero of my old fleet doctrine battleships, just a random assortment of frigates and cruisers mostly along with some industrials and my old Rattlesnake that I somehow never managed to lose while ratting in Deklain with it. It appears I was goofy back whenever it was I last played as my ships have some goofy names, like my Hawk's and Harpy's named <name's> Condor, and my Merlin named "I'm a Harpy!". lol.

If I ever decided to come back, how much does it cost to get stuff out of asset safety, and will they move it to another station when you do that or would I have to figure out how to move my stuff from Villasen (or sell it)? Looks like all my collective garbage has an estimated value of about 6.5b isk.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Moving capitals from Villasen to Delve with the newer shorter jump ranges as well as jump fatigue would be a minor nightmare.

You also can't just use disposable cyno ships anymore, either.

I really would like to save my Moros, though. SO many BoB POS hash marks on the hull of that thing.

capn
Nov 30, 2004

Arrr, It's touchin' me balls

The Locator posted:

If I ever decided to come back, how much does it cost to get stuff out of asset safety, and will they move it to another station when you do that or would I have to figure out how to move my stuff from Villasen (or sell it)? Looks like all my collective garbage has an estimated value of about 6.5b isk.

It is 15% of the CCP valuation of the items to get them back out of safety wrap in lowsec. It was not cheap getting my 3 ratting chimeras out of wrap, but glad I did it before they went up, next step is figuring out how to sell them since they're not worth jumping across the map to delve.

Penguin Bacon
Apr 19, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Moving capitals from Villasen to Delve with the newer shorter jump ranges as well as jump fatigue would be a minor nightmare.

You also can't just use disposable cyno ships anymore, either.

I really would like to save my Moros, though. SO many BoB POS hash marks on the hull of that thing.

You could use the mobile cyno beacons. Those can be placed on a station but are a little pricey.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

The Locator posted:

Thanks for this, I had no idea that existed so I downloaded it and now know that all my stuff is in someplace called Villasen V - Lai Dai Protection Service Logistic Support in the Caldari State in Asset Protection wraps... whatever those are!

I have zero of my old fleet doctrine battleships, just a random assortment of frigates and cruisers mostly along with some industrials and my old Rattlesnake that I somehow never managed to lose while ratting in Deklain with it. It appears I was goofy back whenever it was I last played as my ships have some goofy names, like my Hawk's and Harpy's named <name's> Condor, and my Merlin named "I'm a Harpy!". lol.

Just put the carrier up at below market price on a public contract and buy a new one in Delve off S-mart. Either pubbie ship your stuff to someplace you can sell it or throw it up at 80% jita buy on a public contract and someone will come along and buy it, too.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

CainFortea posted:

Took back Delve and spent years building a huge fuckoff fleet and castles.

an Age yet to come, an Age long past...

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Kestral posted:

Starting to wonder if there's a way to Lose EVE that contributes to the Swarm, but is also compatible with how my life goes these days.

I'm wandering around solo in an entosis vexor hitting any nodes I see (mostly useless tcus, but also some ihubs). No real plan, just lasering things that need lasering and watching papi members pack up their poo poo in a panic.

Between insurance and srp, I think I make isk when I die (though not enough to plex an account). And if I want to do something else, I just quit the client in space.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

In an ideal game we'd be able to turn Syndicate into a better region than Delve.

Always thought The Imperium subjugating the Blood Raiders and arming them into an NPC version of the Death Korps of Kreig, using our industrial capability, was a worthy step towards returning to Syndicate.

At what point do the Blood Raiders realise we're not too dissimilar, and buy into the old adage of the enemy of enemy is my friend?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Skwid posted:

I warped a 250km sniper rokh on top of the keepstar in T5Z at 50km to try and land a shot for the killmail because I can't read and thought that keepstar was already on its last leg and was about to die.

Of course it was blown up spectacularly and I've been spending the last several hours with some 1st grade math flash cards in an effort to understand how I thought 50km was >= 250km.

I don't know why I thought it was a good idea, but I'm ready to do it again tomorrow when the ref timer runs out again.

If you mean you tried to land at 250 but landed at 50, the citadel grids are some magic where the actual distance from the keepstar is different and it can, in fact, shoot you.
Or there was a bubble that popped while you were warping that dragged you

Anyway, just coming with big lockrange and shooting even short range guns will put you on killmail. Don't do that though, join a proper fleet and fly a proper ship for that fleet instead, imo

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
We hit the T5 keepstar? I'm going to be sad if I miss one of those fleets.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ynglaur posted:

We hit the T5 keepstar? I'm going to be sad if I miss one of those fleets.

we did. Armor timer is 10.8. around 0:01 Eve.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

we seeing in the days past new messaging of leadership CFC: NOT IT'S ACCEPTABLE BEING WITHIN OTHER COMMUNITY...DESTROY TEST ALLY FROM EVE...DESTROY PL ALLY FROM EVE...DESTROY NC ALLY FROM EVE...ETC...

in months passed council universally: IF EVE ONLINE PASSED COMMUNITY IS NEGLIGENT TAKE OUT CFC TRASH: THE CFC ATTACKS ON EVE ONLINE COMMUNITY BECOMING ALWAYS MORE INTENSIVE: THE MOVEMENT CFC FROM THE BASIS 'PLAYING THE GAME' UNTIL 'ATTACKING THE GAME': WE SEEING NOW THE BASIS 'ATTACKING THE GAME'...

WITHOUT A RESISTANCE OF THE POWERS IN THE COMMUNITY EVE ONLINE...LARGE ALLY...KINESE...TEST...PANDEMIC...ETC...WE PREVIEW THE DEVELOPMENT OF CFC ATTACKS ON THE EVE ONLINE COMMUNITY...THEIR INTENSIFICATION...AND IMPOSSIBLE PREVIEW THE END OF THIS ATTACKS...

all time we communication with the community EVE ONLINE...there is always the result...exigency of the commentators CFC...ridiculous...aggression...negation...

in past week: WE experiencing these attitudes...at the same time...EVE COMMUNITY experiencing these attitudes...the FORWARD ASSAULT CFC UPON THE PLAYERBASE OF ONLINE...the product: participation collapse OF WHOLE EVE PLAYERBASE...the state of irreversible decline RESULTING OF THE COMMUNITY CFC!

WE SUBMIT THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF REVERSING THIS DECLINE WITHOUT REMOVAL OF THE MALIGNANCY OF CFC UPON EVE ONLINE...SUCH AS A PATIENT REQUIRES TREATMENT...BUT...WITHOUT IDENTIFICATION OF THE FOUNTAIN OF THE DISEASE...OBSERVED IS THE USELESS ATTACKS ON THIS WITHOUT ITS CAUSE!

OUR SUBMISSION: THE UNIQUE SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEMS THAT ARE CONDEMNING EVE ONLINE: CONTROL AND RETIRING OF THE CFC FROM EVE ONLINE!!! WITHOUT THIS CONTROL...WE WILL NOT SEE THE GROWTH THE COMMUNITY EVE ONLINE...WE WILL SEE ONLY THE TIME: 'OF THE FOUR HORSEMEN CFC UPON EVE ONLINE'!

WE DEMAND: THE COMMUNITY REAPPROXIMATION!

WE DEMAND: THE OPPOSITION STEADFAST TO THE DESTRUCTION WROUGHT BY CFC ATTACKS!

WE DEMAND: THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE EVE ONLINE!

WE DEMAND: THE EXPULSION THE TROLL ATTACKING PERSONALITIES WITHIN THE CFC!

WE DEMAND: THE END OF THE CFC AND ITS IMPACTS ON THE PLAYERS AND COMMUNITY!!!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i still have no idea who "kinese" is supposed to be

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i still have no idea who "kinese" is supposed to be

Ki->Chi

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
Evac moving entirely according to plan...

Leaving behind the pilots that you asked to cover the extraction of your capital and supercapital assets? Awesome.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Zhent posted:

Evac moving entirely according to plan...

Leaving behind the pilots that you asked to cover the extraction of your capital and supercapital assets? Awesome.

Meanwhile we are "Leave no Goon behind". It's one of the cardinal rules as an FC that no one is ever left behind too.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Is it known if the guy speaking in English words but sounds like half his brain is off is a non English speaker or actually someone with a serious brain injury/retardation.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
Meanwhile on Reddit the dumpster fire grows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/p0t3t9/what_the_fuck_rektd/

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Meanwhile we are "Leave no Goon behind". It's one of the cardinal rules as an FC that no one is ever left behind too.

Exactly. Keeping your subcap pilots engaged and involved is critical, plus keeping your members happy while they traipse across the galaxy seems like 'the job' for a CEO or FC. The trail of tears, papi failure edition is bad, but at least capitals can jump, logoff, and do something else. Subcaps pounding out 80 jumps or whatever it is is just terrible.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Just had a thought, on a blops, since you’re jumping, but also portalling when you conduit jump, which skills affect it? JFC, JPG?

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006

Kerbtree posted:

Just had a thought, on a blops, since you’re jumping, but also portalling when you conduit jump, which skills affect it? JFC, JPG?

The Portal Generator requires JDC V to train into and JFC affects how much fuel you use portaling and jumping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

GaussianCopula posted:

we did. Armor timer is 10.8. around 0:01 Eve.

So around 8pm EDT today (Monday)?

Edit: Why on earth didn't they try to Skynet the 1DQ1-A gate in T5ZI until more assets had been evacced? I've seen our FCs turn an entire HAC fleet around to pick up a single straggler.

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 9, 2021