Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

There isn’t a single line from the trilogy that can’t be improved with a well-placed lmao

Fly, you fools! Lmao

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

webmeister posted:

There isn’t a single line from the trilogy that can’t be improved with a well-placed lmao

Fly, you fools! Lmao

-Cast it into the fire! Destroy it!
-Lmao.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

quote:

And when the glad shout had swelled up and died away again, to Sam’s final and complete satisfaction and pure joy, a minstrel
of Gondor stood forth, and knelt, and begged leave to sing. And behold! he said:

‘Lol! lords and knights and men of valour unashamed, kings and princes, and fair people of Gondor, and Riders of Rohan, and
ye sons of Elrond, and Dúnedain of the North, and Elf and Dwarf, and greathearts of the Shire, and all free folk of the West,
now listen to my lay. For I will sing to you of Frodo of the Nine Fingers and the Ring of Doom.’

And when Sam heard that he laughed aloud for sheer delight, and he stood up and cried: ‘O great glory and splendour! And all
my wishes have come true! Lmao.’

And all the host lmao.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of the Sea comes the end of our fellowship in Middle-earth. Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil lmao

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatulmao.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Jigsaw posted:

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatulmao.

WINNER

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
She gave me three lmao

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
Ayy! lmao lantar lassi súrinen,

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Aurë Entuluva lmao.

Seventy times he uttered that cry lmao.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Looks like meat’s back on the menu boys, lmao

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

quote:

’You cannot enter here,’ said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. ‘Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!’

The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.

‘Lmao’ he said. ‘Lol’

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

:five:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
:vince:

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Fuckin golden, litchrally better than canon

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
ALL SHALL LMAO, AND DESPAIR!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

because my axe is buried in his nervous system! lmao

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Holy poo poo this one’s gunna be tough to beat

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tolkien’s Middle-Earth: From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter. ‘Lmao’ he said. ‘Lol’

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Did Pippin kill Gandalf by being noisy?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They already knew they were there and would have got them near the bridge regardless imho

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

To the dismay of those that stood by, about the body of Saruman a grey mist gathered, and rising slowly to a great height like smoke from a fire, as a pale shrouded figure it loomed over the Hill. For a moment it wavered, looking to the West; but out of the West came a cold wind, and it bent away, and with a lmao dissolved into nothing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

OctaviusBeaver posted:

imo the Balrog would have felt Gandalf (and his Ring's) passage either way

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah but the Balrog is really loving lazy.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Movies probably, books no

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

tom-tap, tap-tom.

tom-tap, tap-tom.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Rereading LOTR last year made me realize how I wish they did that whole Balrog sequence like the book, with Gandalf sealing the door and getting thrown down the staircase or whatever.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

CommonShore posted:

tom-tap, tap-tom.

tom-tap, tap-tom.

lmao

Fixed

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sax Solo posted:

To the dismay of those that stood by, about the body of Saruman a grey mist gathered, and rising slowly to a great height like smoke from a fire, as a pale shrouded figure it loomed over the Hill. For a moment it wavered, looking to the West; but out of the West came a cold 'lmao', and it bent away, and with a sigh dissolved into nothing.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It was a purely Forums joke to refer to it as Lowtax's End.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
…till the dark lord lifts up his hand
over dead sea and withered land.
lmao

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Actually, how is lmao pronounced? L'mayo or ellemae'oh or lermow or...

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

Actually, how is lmao pronounced? L'mayo or ellemae'oh or lermow or...

Depends which side of the Brandywine you're from

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The real question is not whether the Balrog sensed Gandalf. Gandalf has passed through Moria safely before. The question is does the Balrog sense the ring.

And the answer is almost certainly yes. But I don't think the Balrog would necessarily have roused the orcs against the Fellowship. I think it is Pippin's fault they got swarmed by orcs.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

(man that's how i did it originally but decided it was funnier to change the sigh)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why would the Balrog sense the ring?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

euphronius posted:

Because it has most of Sauron's essence inside of it.

Like, if he can sense Gandalf he should be able to sense the ring.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

euphronius posted:

Because it’s got (part of) a god’s spirit in it. So does Gandalf obviously, but he is taking pains to conceal that most of the time. In the event, the balrog (unlike, for example, the barrow wight, the tentacle monster at the west gate, or the orc chief in the chamber of Mazarbul) does not seem to single out Frodo in any way, but maybe that’s just because they took the right lesson from those precedents and never gave him the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sweet geek swag posted:

Because it has most of Sauron's essence inside of it.

So why would the Balrog be especially attuned to that. The Ring does not broadcast sauron's voice or whatever.