Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

W3D4

I was getting so hyped up for that tight against Sho, and when I used my remix on him, he went into a t pose where I couldn't even hurt him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

FireWorksWell posted:

W3D4

I was getting so hyped up for that tight against Sho, and when I used my remix on him, he went into a t pose where I couldn't even hurt him.

Yeah, that’s a common glitch in that fight apparently. Don’t use Killer Remix and you should be fine though

Speaking of whom, the Sho you get during Another Day has the best base stats of any character in the game so I’d highly recommend swapping out your currently weakest member for him (Fret in my case).

I think you also get a unique cutscene if he’s in your party when you take on the secret boss (not completely sure though as I’ve never tried it without him)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 8, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Larryb posted:

Yeah, that’s a common glitch in that fight apparently. Don’t use Killer Remix and you should be fine though

Speaking of whom, the Sho you get during Another Day has the best base stats of any character in the game so I’d highly recommend swapping out your currently weakest member for him (Fret in my case).

I think you also get a unique cutscene if he’s in your party when you take on the secret boss (not completely sure though as I’ve never tried it without him)

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.. Was wondering if he'd come back to the party somehow.

Speaking of Sho, I was wondering when I'd hear Twister again and that moment was worth the wait.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Has anyone located Noise 41 and 45? I'm still somehow missing them

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
They're both in W2D7 (they're the non-boss versions of the Mammoth R&B and Phasaurus Rex).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Idk why but the week 2 music is like, an order of magnitude better than the Week 1 music which I didn't find all that memorable. Already enough to make me really into the rest of the story.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Weirdly, another trait shared with TWEWY classic just because of how sick of Underground you were by week 2.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

IIII… Was waiting…

Catchy the first time, then it gets annoying with how quick it is to loop

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I do like that Calling gets added to the usual loop of overworld music later on at least, not sure if the same is true of Twister though outside of the cutscene where it first appeared (also I sort of feel like those two songs should have been switched story wise but they still work well enough).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

W2D7: Me: Boy this is getting pretty hard. I wish I could equip another Uber pin or something

Game: I can do "or something"

I was wondering if this was gonna happen but god drat did it make me so much stronger

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Weirdly, another trait shared with TWEWY classic just because of how sick of Underground you were by week 2.

Thankfully Calling and Deja Vu are the best songs in the game so nobody would actually have this opinion

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like the randomized music in the post game because a level 1 basic bitch frog can attack me and suddenly something like Transformation starts blaring before I kill it in one hit.

E: Transformed that rear end in a top hat into soup

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

IIII… Was waiting…

Catchy the first time, then it gets annoying with how quick it is to loop

I hadn't actually heard that, was hoping it was gone. Speaking of original week 1 music, I don't think I've heard Long Dream yet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

TheKingofSprings posted:

Thankfully Calling and Deja Vu are the best songs in the game so nobody would actually have this opinion

Look, those are both excellent songs, but any week without Three Minutes Clapping is objectively the worst week.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Larryb posted:

I do like that Calling gets added to the usual loop of overworld music later on at least, not sure if the same is true of Twister though outside of the cutscene where it first appeared (also I sort of feel like those two songs should have been switched story wise but they still work well enough).

It does. You can also buy it (and the original version) at Cyco Records if you want.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lotus Aura posted:

It does. You can also buy it (and the original version) at Cyco Records if you want.

What do CDs actually do anyway (I never used them in the first game either)? Can you use them to change the background music whenever you want or something?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
First, you can use them just to be like 'I wanna listen to Satisfy' or whatever, also whatever CD you have selected will be your menu music.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I've currently got my menu music set to Last Call. Great song.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

YggiDee posted:

Look, those are both excellent songs, but any week without Three Minutes Clapping is objectively the worst week.

I enjoy most of the remixes but I much prefer the original version.

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, I've currently got my menu music set to Last Call. Great song.

Same, the boss fight where you first hear it made it even better.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'd like to recommend Revelation as a really great song.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I like the soundtrack for Neo, but I think I would have liked if there was a version of Give Me All Your Love.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Whenever I hear that grungy song that's "i"M BEING PUSHED TO THE EDGE AND I'M ABOUT TO BREAK" I do a double take and start laughing because *really*

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you can't have edgy grunge in the game about dead teenagers and graffiti, where else could you possibly have it? :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

TheKingofSprings posted:

Counter argument: Scramble.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Peewi posted:

I like the soundtrack for Neo, but I think I would have liked if there was a version of Give Me All Your Love.

I'm glad someone else feels this.

Wondering if there's a version of Emptiness and

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

YggiDee posted:

If you can't have edgy grunge in the game about dead teenagers and graffiti, where else could you possibly have it? :v:

It's more I think that line is lifted from Linkin Park's One Step Closer and that makes it really funny to me.

Also trophies are all done outside pins, and I need to get the material pins to buy the fancy perfume bottle from that ritzy store and ryoji's 'lets have fungi'. Dunno where to farm em but I'm so close.

Interesting thing about the psychic rankings is that above angel and a composer and the like there's Fallen Angel and Demon. I don't think we've seen those two in-series yet. Wondering what the ultimate psychic rating in Twewy-verse is.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's more I think that line is lifted from Linkin Park's One Step Closer and that makes it really funny to me.

Also trophies are all done outside pins, and I need to get the material pins to buy the fancy perfume bottle from that ritzy store and ryoji's 'lets have fungi'. Dunno where to farm em but I'm so close.

Interesting thing about the psychic rankings is that above angel and a composer and the like there's Fallen Angel and Demon. I don't think we've seen those two in-series yet. Wondering what the ultimate psychic rating in Twewy-verse is.

I thought Mr. H was a fallen angel?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Obviously that means in the next game the main character will literally meet God at some point (I’m also curious how far the Reapers Game spreads. Like, is it localized entirely to Japan or is this some kind of worldwide thing? And just how long has all this crap been going on?)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
at the end of week 2 and the pin leveling requirements are getting ridiculous, seems like every other one is 5-10 levels with a Slow or Very Slow rate. i've had Back to the Eweture (thumbs-up to that name) equipped on my backup deck for hours and it's still only level 12

is the game expecting me to start abusing jinxed threads, or is there a better leveling opportunity a little further down the line?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oxxidation posted:

at the end of week 2 and the pin leveling requirements are getting ridiculous, seems like every other one is 5-10 levels with a Slow or Very Slow rate. i've had Back to the Eweture (thumbs-up to that name) equipped on my backup deck for hours and it's still only level 12

is the game expecting me to start abusing jinxed threads, or is there a better leveling opportunity a little further down the line?

Chain Battling, the Jinxed stuff, non-jinxed point buffs on clothes. The game gives you a lot of tools to do it whenever you want.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

When/where can you get a 20-chain reduction? All the obvious places seem to top at around the 17/18 mark and I'm basically out of ideas at this point.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Lotus Aura posted:

When/where can you get a 20-chain reduction? All the obvious places seem to top at around the 17/18 mark and I'm basically out of ideas at this point.

Not sure if this is the case on other days, but I know for sure Scramble Crossing on another day has 20 encounters.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

So how does the Super Sho fight actually work? What triggers the eye counters? It seems random. I also somehow obliterated his armour and half his health bar in one attack and I don't know how.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I confess that I miss Sprog noise, there's no feeling quite like shooting a lightning bolt into a frog party and watching sixteen pins fly out

(W3D4) Beat's in a weird position by Week 3, he just gave the team an inspiring speech and promised that he would have our back. He keeps playing off his experience as a Reaper but he was a Reaper for... a week. Shoka was a Reaper for over three years, and Nagi is older than he is. He's only pulling off the "experienced mentor" thing because he's a foot taller than anyone else on the team. Also because the team's last experienced mentor figure was Minamimoto, the man who used time travel to betray us twice.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 9, 2021

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

gently caress i hate chameleons

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm going to have to wait for a list of Dibaryon and Sfermion in the game aren't I :smith:

I seriously can't figure out where I'm missing them.

YggiDee posted:

I confess that I miss Sprog noise, there's no feeling quite like shooting a lightning bolt into a frog party and watching sixteen pins fly out

(W3D4) Beat's in a weird position by Week 3, he just gave the team an inspiring speech and promised that he would have our back. He keeps playing off his experience as a Reaper but he was a Reaper for... a week. Shoka was a Reaper for over three years, and Nagi is older than he is. He's only pulling off the "experienced mentor" thing because he's a foot taller than anyone else on the team. Also because the team's last experienced mentor figure was Minamimoto, the man who used time travel to betray us twice.

I think it's just him you know, seeing everyone depressed and in a funk so he's just talking himself up. it's his way of trying to keep Morale up for his friends. You see why at the end of the day.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Finally beat the main story. Haven't had a game's story hit that hard in a long time, but my only regret is watching the trailer a couple days after starting because I was waiting for the destroyed Shibuya and Kubo looking over Rindo with his broken pin.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm going to have to wait for a list of Dibaryon and Sfermion in the game aren't I :smith:

I seriously can't figure out where I'm missing them.

Check Tokyu Hands 3F; there's 4 or 5 Dibaryon and 1 Sfermion there. Beyond that, it's harder to say off the top of my head. Sfermion'll be easier to figure out since aside from one pig fight, it's only in Another Day.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ve never tried this but out of curiosity does the mission timer actually matter in terms of gameplay in either game (like if you mess around too long you get an automatic game over or something) or is it just for story purposes?

Also I like that they add Neku to the title screen after beating the game but for some reason Beat still has his face covered up

A pity that NEO doesn’t have much of a postgame as Another Day just consists of four boss fights that aren’t really that much tougher than they were in the main game plus 3 optional sidequests (a boss rush just like the last game that also isn’t all that difficult, an admittedly somewhat challenging 10 round Dive, and the secret boss). But fortunately the main story is meaty enough to make up for it.

Finally I’d love to see a third game one day but I’m not sure where they could go with it story wise (maybe go a little deeper into how the Angels work or something?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
How long would you say W3D7 is? I got some stuff to do today, so IDK if I should try to squeeze it in now or wait for my next day off.