Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

RE: School Defenses I hope it's less boring comic references like helicarrier or the like and more fun references like it turns out the school is a living thing like Danny The Street

its just walls

thanks for keeping up the insults :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I totally get being reticent to accepting Bakugo’s change from bully to not so much of a bully just because it’s probably a fresh enough wound for most people. However since pretty much the start of the manga Bakugo’s been made to eat poo poo in subtle and overt ways that have pushed him to internally reflect and change, culminating in what we see here in this chapter.

imo I think his apology makes a ton of sense here since it’s what’s needed to bring Midoriya home, and I’m interested in seeing what Midoriya’s response will be

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 8, 2021

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Carlosologist posted:

I totally get being reticent to accepting Bakugo’s change from bully to not so much of a bully just because it’s probably a fresh enough wound for most people. However since pretty much the start of the manga Bakugo’s been made to eat poo poo in subtle and overt ways that have pushed him to internally reflect and change, culminating in what we see here in this chapter.

imo I think his apology makes a ton of sense here since it’s what’s needed to bring Midoriya home, and I’m interested in seeing what Midoriya’s response will be

It makes 100% sense if you follow the arc of the character from where they're introduced to where they are now, especially given he's a 15 year old boy.

It also works given that Horikoshi has said numerous times that the first chapters of Bakugo are not what he would like them to be if he was to write them again now.

Also 13 being a person in a suit is still messing me up. Whats the point of having the suit open a finger to use the power if its not just a constant black hole void being contained by it???

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 8, 2021

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Probably to funnel it or some poo poo?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Cool spoilers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

People have humanized the earth, moon, sun, black holes, and the mars rovers, so I don't think her not being human would've stopped the artists

Also, y'know, Father Time, Mother Nature, Death just being a human skeleton, etc.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Reminder that the chapter doesn't come out until tomorrow this week.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It's already out tho, the scans people won

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009660

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am extremely displeased that No. 13 isn't a sentient black hole that was in the suit to somehow protect the surrounding from her.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Kill the child so that we may live."

Koumpounophilia
Aug 9, 2021

by Hand Knit

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

"Kill the child so that we may live."

turns out the "innocents" of mha world are just as lovely as the governments

I'm going to enjoy watching Shigaraki dust these ungrateful assholes, holy poo poo.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So when they say the school can "combine" with Shiketsu do they mean underground tunnels to transport civilians to safety, or are the schools going to combine into a giant mech? Because one of those two options is way cooler than the other.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Koumpounophilia posted:

turns out the "innocents" of mha world are just as lovely as the governments

They'll watch you die to save their lives
They will not stand here by your side
There are no heroes left in man.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It means it needs to use civilians as fuel

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhonne posted:

So when they say the school can "combine" with Shiketsu do they mean underground tunnels to transport civilians to safety, or are the schools going to combine into a giant mech? Because one of those two options is way cooler than the other.

This is why Overhaul is back in play. The final fight will be with Shigaraki fused with Gigantomachia and also a skyscraper.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I agree with the civilians, kill all the children.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Really good chapter.

Uraraka's been keeping her feelings towards Deku bottled up for so long and I hope there's some resolution coming up here. Every time we've seen her lately she's just been stone-faced.

Koumpounophilia posted:

I'm going to enjoy watching Shigaraki dust these ungrateful assholes, holy poo poo.

Wow. The people coming into the thread with this "kill 'em all" attitude towards any character that has done a bad thing is kind of upsetting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Crasical posted:

They'll watch you die to save their lives
They will not stand here by your side
There are no heroes left in man.

Deku's gonna get a power shot?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yeah, I’ve got a feeling that Uraraka’s confession is coming soon. Poor girl has been bottling it up since the license exams

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Really good chapter.

Wow. The people coming into the thread with this "kill 'em all" attitude towards any character that has done a bad thing is kind of upsetting.

I think they should all get a stern talking too, which is probably what Uraraka is about to do.

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, I’ve got a feeling that Uraraka’s confession is coming soon. Poor girl has been bottling it up since the license exams

Too bad Mineta beat her to it already!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

It's cleary a mech, you don't use the word combine unless you're talking about mechs.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Anyway, to reiterate: 13's cute. ok

also her pupils are lil planets

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Sadly Deku has no frame of reference from which to understand romantic love and therefore cannot distinguish it from the type of love All Might has for the people he saves.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

christmas boots posted:

Sadly Deku has no frame of reference from which to understand romantic love and therefore cannot distinguish it from the type of love All Might has for the people he saves.

Izuku's frame of reference for romance are the 1200 All Might/Reader fics he's bookmarked on his AO3 account.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

kidcoelacanth posted:

wait what. Oh heck they are

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's cleary a mech, you don't use the word combine unless you're talking about mechs.

UA Garden

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think they're meant to look like black holes with little accretion disks, it's a nice touch

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Izuku's frame of reference for romance are the 1200 All Might/Reader fics he's written on his AO3 account.

Man, the parody film industry and fanart/fiction communities in MHA must be an absolute riot

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
While they're obviously being huge ungrateful assholes about it, the refugees might have a point that it might be a bad idea to bring the primary target of the invincible villainous demigod to what amounts to a gigantic refugee camp. It would probably make sense to have him rest and recover somewhere else but nearby so you get the benefits of him being close to his friends/help(which he needs) while minimizing the risk of insane collateral damage if one of AfO's assassins decides to attack.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it seems to me that AFO’s plan so far has been to break Midoriya’s will by breaking everything and letting him deal with the flood of villains and vigilantes until he couldn’t keep going. He’s only sent Nagant and two other assassins his way, so I imagine that he’s not gonna really rev up the pressure until he gets bored of waiting around. He’s still got Shigaraki’s crispy body to perfect with no Doc around so I can’t really see a massive escalation yet

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

I was reflecting on this tonight while at work. Two things stand out to me:

1. No hero can actually take on Gigantomachia.

2. Nezu's an expert at heavy machinery.

UA will absolutely, 100% turn into a giant mecha and fight Gigantomachia. Mark this post.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if there's anyone crazy enough to make two schools the top and bottom parts of a Gundam it's Nezu

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I keep forgetting that all of MHA has only taken place over the period of a year or so :psyduck:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Mildly concerned that UA was designed to become Dr. Wily's Castle with the push of a button

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It'll be like that one episode of Soul Eater all over again. :allears:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SKULL.GIF posted:

I was reflecting on this tonight while at work. Two things stand out to me:

1. No hero can actually take on Gigantomachia.

2. Nezu's an expert at heavy machinery.

UA will absolutely, 100% turn into a giant mecha and fight Gigantomachia. Mark this post.

Whilst this would be super awesome, I suspect Gigantomachia will be what the rest of the Class fight whilst Izuku fights Shigaraki in the end. A successful stop this time compared to the War arc.

Plus it feels too built up that Kirishima met and was terrified of Gigantomachia before going to U A for him not to get the chance to no sell a punch.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

Plus it feels too built up that Kirishima met and was terrified of Gigantomachia before going to U A for him not to get the chance to no sell a punch.

this but mina for real this time

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Rhonne posted:

It'll be like that one episode of Soul Eater all over again. :allears:

It turns out the power behind One for All was courage the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

kidcoelacanth posted:

this but mina for real this time

They’ll work together, Kirishima will absorb Gigantomachia’s punches and Mina will melt away his size. Which will allow Bakugo to finally kill a man with an explosion. Kaminari and Sero probably help keep the man mountain still.