Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kalli posted:

Seriously, do any of you actually think Watson will go to prison for this? Really? Like, what in the time you've paid attention to football thinks that'll end up happening?

It's very funny. There are "normal" people who have done poo poo like this, without being a multi millionaire who manage to avoid any serious punishment.

Usually not a black dude, but uh that's where the money part helps dramatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My ideal scenario: the Dolphins trade three 1st and Tua for Watson. He's immediately banned from football. Also, the Dolphins mascot catches on fire.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I would be absolutely flabbergasted if Deshaun Watson spends a minute in prison related to the allegations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The civil trial is likely to be pretty rough. He's admitted to being associated with his accusers and was caught deleting messages. The big thing I've taken away from all the domestic and sexual abuse allegations of the last few years is that it's really hard to predict which ones are going to be a prolonged national level narrative.

I'd expect it to flare up again either during the civil trial or whenever it looks like he's going to play, whichever comes first.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Is this even still in the hands of the ten women who filed criminal complaints?

I thought we had moved into, “Let’s see what a grand jury decides” territory regarding possible criminal charges.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He's probably gone after this season too. I think he would cost around 22 million in dead money this year in a trade but a lot less next year.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

I really want to know what the Texans organization thinks lowballing for Watson is.

Just don't ask him

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1424752952691077120?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ehud posted:

Is this even still in the hands of the ten women who filed criminal complaints?

I thought we had moved into, “Let’s see what a grand jury decides” territory regarding possible criminal charges.

They are the key witnesses. Without their testimony the state's case would be weak as all hell. Anyone can get indicted. that's the easy part, Grand Jury's always give the result the prosecutors want whether it's to indict or avoid indictment for political reasons.

Eifert Posting posted:

The civil trial is likely to be pretty rough. He's admitted to being associated with his accusers and was caught deleting messages. The big thing I've taken away from all the domestic and sexual abuse allegations of the last few years is that it's really hard to predict which ones are going to be a prolonged national level narrative.

I'd expect it to flare up again either during the civil trial or whenever it looks like he's going to play, whichever comes first.

Yeah the civil trial is going to be rough for him(if it doesn't all get settled) and whoever trades for him will publicly be torched online and in the local media for it. But also what are people gonna do? Not watch football lmao.

The general rule is just bear it. And work on the player and team PR and showing how he's learned from all this and is changing over the next 3 years or whatever.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lamar Jackson loving sucks lol

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

JT Jag posted:

So I see people have started talking about this here, for the record this has nothing to do with Urban and everything to do with Henderson dealing with severe depression and possibly falling out of love with football. He might retire.

Here are his most recent Twitter likes

And to cut off the inevitable "the Jaguars are trying to eject someone in mental health crisis, this is gross" takes:

Man that sucks. Hopefully the dude can find something to make him happy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lol "talking to the doctors"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

MacheteZombie posted:

Wait, we can do that? poo poo, I thought we just had to figure out this vaccine stuff for ourselves!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I guess it's better then talking to his hs qb coach or the guy at the porsche dealership

Can anyone tell me what Saiosi Mariner is

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

Lamar with his doctors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ&t=252s

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Silly Burrito posted:

He's probably gone after this season too. I think he would cost around 22 million in dead money this year in a trade but a lot less next year.

Oh no not Slant Boy!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Here’s the doctor he’s talking to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGjw-jM0uEE

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Oh no not Slant Boy!

Did Devin Funchess give him that nickname?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DariusLikewise posted:

Oh no not Slant Boy!

Hey, when he's healthy, he's pretty drat good. I hope they kiss and make up, but who knows.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

This dude is legitimately an idiot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He has a doctorate in anthropology from Full Sail University

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The doctors
https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lamar Jackson is going to possibly win several football games this year, if he plays in them.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Jackson running that triple covid option

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sePMi2dy570&t=33s

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hey guys check this not terrifying picture out

https://twitter.com/TonyDungy/status/1424794141255356442

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well glad to know that Brady is getting his creepy emotionless stare ready for his career on Football Night in America.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

https://twitter.com/ShutUpAndrosky/status/1424804520735887361

did Tony Dungy use a pencil to fill in his eyebrows news at 11

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

$20 says Dungy met celebrity impersonator Tom Brody and didn’t realize it

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That picture from another angle:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

That picture from another angle:

Who does Brady and Dungy have in the trunk?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmao

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
N: Lamar Jackson is a dumbass and the Ravens are poop

V: Titan up

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the only airborne connection Lamar can make is contracting the novel coronavirus, COVID-19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Both these men have been documented as having done horrible things to their sons.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Apparently Tom is short for Cosmo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The lesson here is never use up lighting on your subjects when taking photos of them.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a patagonian cavy posted:

the only airborne connection Lamar can make is contracting the novel coronavirus, COVID-19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Just 2 absolute demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

a patagonian cavy posted:

Given how good Lamar is at catching COVID-19 maybe Bill Polian was right?