Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Even if she isnt an offensive beast she'll still pair well with Eula which is one of my main carries and I'll probably roll for a pure melee water carry they come out eventually and she'll work great there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tae posted:

Reminder for pre-farm that Baal requires a billion Handguards, Sara needs a billion red flowers, and Aloy needs a billion Crystal Marrows.

Finally, my not insane at all clearing of Inazuma pays off. :shepface:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's funny to me that they almost made Aloy accessible to people without Inazuma access but then couldn't resist throwing Crystal Marrow in there to gently caress it all up.

EDIT: Actually nevermind her talents take new flowers and new boss mats. When I last glanced I saw Mondstadt books and thought the flowers were lampblooms or something.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 9, 2021

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Now that we see how content packed Inazuma is, maybe they should take a 2nd look at Monstadt. it's like a flat desert compared to it.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
At this point whether or not I want Raiden depends on whether or not the new story content makes her interesting.

I already have C6 Fischl and C6 Beidou, plus Fischl is one of my favorites, so I don't really need another electro support. But Honkai Raiden is pretty cool so I could be convinced.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Descar posted:

Now that we see how content packed Inazuma is, maybe they should take a 2nd look at Monstadt. it's like a flat desert compared to it.

When they're done making the second half of Inazuma they're gonna be busy with Sumeru. I doubt they're gonna pause game development to go back and rework old stuff unless there's a hugely dramatic difference because new patches and new content is how they keep the money flowing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I also don't really mind having some places where there's some room between clusters of things to do or just a decent amount of open space. Inazuma's fun but I don't know if I think every place in the game needs to be that dense. I like some variety in pacing and density, I guess.

In Guild Wars 2 terms, Inazuma is kind of like the Heart of Thorns expansion, with really dense areas with a lot of verticality and a need to level up some features to unlock your ability to explore (or safely explore) certain areas. I liked that, but I also liked that the next GW2 expansion, Path of Fire, had some zones that were bigger and more open, too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
With the lowered AR requirements, new people are generally just staying in moonstadt less so the "emptyness" (which is not at all empty to those players) is not staying its welcome 8 months.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I've tried to go back to GW2 a few times but I dunno I could never stick to it after my initial time of enjoying the exploration and world and stuff. Which is a shame because big massive desert maps were real pretty. I think maybe it was just how overwhelming it could be to go back to and see like 500 game systems at play.

Anyways hopefully Sumeru can capture that big wide-open gorgeous desert aesthetic my heart is yearning for. I know I'm jumping the gun at being so excited about it when we only literally just got Inazuma but I really do have big biases for those kind of regions in games. There's also the bonus of it being the Dendro region which is a whole-rear end game mechanic we still don't have.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Seems a bit early to get excited, because it's gonna be a really long time before Sumeru.
We had two additional smaller areas before Inazuma, Dragonspine and the Archipelago. There was a whole bunch of events, some of which might even just be a seasonal thing, like the lantern festival or the windblume festival. And I don't think Ludus Harpastum has happened yet either and it's been mentioned several times. New character quests, some hangouts, other smaller stuff that isn't going to stress their asset creation team too much. They have yet to release more costumes as well and that might end up getting baked into some longer events as well.
Additionally there's probably going to be a seasonal Inazuma festival event at some point.

I'd be surprised if we see Sumeru within a year.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Does anyone play this on console with an OLED screen? Like I seriously want to play this, but the UserID constantly being on screen in a fixed position in bright white is like the definition of what causes burn-in.

Does anyone have experience playing it this way on an OLED over a ton of hours?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Wait.... his burst flower looks different at C2?

Anyways let's open fresh wounds and bring up Yoimiya again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn8etqEPtFg

Oh no she goes "pew pew."

There goes my "stop at ~60 or Sayu" plan.
And my "Welkin may be the best deal I have ever seen, but it's still money spent on a gacha game, I'm not buying it this month" plan.

I suppose it's probably still a better use than another game to sit in my steam library waiting for me.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Zwiebel posted:

Seems a bit early to get excited, because it's gonna be a really long time before Sumeru.
We had two additional smaller areas before Inazuma, Dragonspine and the Archipelago. There was a whole bunch of events, some of which might even just be a seasonal thing, like the lantern festival or the windblume festival. And I don't think Ludus Harpastum has happened yet either and it's been mentioned several times. New character quests, some hangouts, other smaller stuff that isn't going to stress their asset creation team too much. They have yet to release more costumes as well and that might end up getting baked into some longer events as well.
Additionally there's probably going to be a seasonal Inazuma festival event at some point.

Oh I know, trust me. It's fun to dream and imagine until then though.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Zwiebel posted:

According to their GDC presentation they're going to release a new continent every year for the next 4 years.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202107/23228135.html

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat I really understimated how much people hated electronic if you're already committed to never picking up another one since you've already got a couple. :v:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Having to MGS my way into Tenshukaku just to deliver iron to a dude :ninja:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The reason electro players get so bitter is that they put all the effort into leveling an electro comp and mihoyo just designs content against them non-stop. The current 12-1 has an electro aura on both sides for no reason at all except to screw over electro. Then for 12-2 one side has a huge electro-resistant enemy as its main challenge and side two has a single enemy, ie Beidou can't do anything (Beidou is the only actual payoff for electro). This was after three months of electro being terrible against both the electro and hydro lector. The only part electro is competent against, 12-3, is so easy it doesnt matter.

Like even if you ignore all of electro's issues as an element it's just kneecapped by enemy design over and over. So if you have an electro comp that's already strong but is never allowed to be a good choice for hard content, why level more unless you're picking Raiden specifically for Eula? Beidou and Fischl and Keqing are already rotting on the bench and are never given an opportunity to be useful.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 9, 2021

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I've tried to go back to GW2 a few times but I dunno I could never stick to it after my initial time of enjoying the exploration and world and stuff. Which is a shame because big massive desert maps were real pretty. I think maybe it was just how overwhelming it could be to go back to and see like 500 game systems at play.

Anyways hopefully Sumeru can capture that big wide-open gorgeous desert aesthetic my heart is yearning for. I know I'm jumping the gun at being so excited about it when we only literally just got Inazuma but I really do have big biases for those kind of regions in games. There's also the bonus of it being the Dendro region which is a whole-rear end game mechanic we still don't have.

Have you played Journey? It is a gorgeous (mostly) desert game. It's also a pleasantly brief and accessible experience.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

SlimGoodbody posted:

Have you played Journey? It is a gorgeous (mostly) desert game. It's also a pleasantly brief and accessible experience.

I haven't but it's been on my list of things to get to for a long time. Really need to get around to that!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mailer posted:

Finally, my not insane at all clearing of Inazuma pays off. :shepface:

I'm doing it for Ayaka, might as well keep it going

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope we get to see some Sumeruans who look, uh, different... from the current roster of NPC models

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's funny to me that they almost made Aloy accessible to people without Inazuma access but then couldn't resist throwing Crystal Marrow in there to gently caress it all up.

EDIT: Actually nevermind her talents take new flowers and new boss mats. When I last glanced I saw Mondstadt books and thought the flowers were lampblooms or something.

Cryo Cube is already in the game, though?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

AweStriker posted:

Cryo Cube is already in the game, though?

That's for ascension, and she still needs new flowers monster drops and Crystal Marrow for that too.

Her talents take more of the new flowers monster drops plus the new weekly boss that'll come out in 2.1

EDIT: Those are new monster drops, not flowers. The icons really look like flowers.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 9, 2021

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

gandlethorpe posted:

I hope we get to see some Sumeruans who look, uh, different... from the current roster of NPC models

I too am politely and humbly requesting that the middle-eastern-coded nation perhaps hmmm, how do I say, not reminiscent of the motion picture Gods of Egypt

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

drat I really understimated how much people hated electronic if you're already committed to never picking up another one since you've already got a couple. :v:

I mean, if they released a good electro carry, I might want them. Currently the closest thing I have to that is Fischl basically turning Sucrose into a electro carry . . . which does work well enough to burn through the wolf that is immune to anemo pretty fast, actually. And Keqing, who I like but not enough to make up for her not being as good as my other carries for Abyss and Domains, and I have her at max friendship so she doesn't see much use elsewhere either.

But for support, I am at least covered enough that I would rather not use up 5 star pity on one unless I like her character.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

SlimGoodbody posted:

I too am politely and humbly requesting that the middle-eastern-coded nation perhaps hmmm, how do I say, not reminiscent of the motion picture Gods of Egypt

We've already seen many sumeruan NPCs wandering around writing research papers about this or that and all of them have the exact same anime face as any other character.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I think the reservations about Baal are kind of dumb because people are trying to evaluate her from a DPS perspective when her gimmick is being the ultimate energy battery as a support. Like, even if her being Electro and no one NEEDING that much energy right now means she's not immediately great, it's something that will always have a lot of potential to be great once an electro carry exists that wants a lot of energy or another character shows up that cares about electro reactions and also wants a lot of energy.

And that's ignoring that Eula exists and Baal will already be the new best support for Eula, surpassing Fischl.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Wait.... his burst flower looks different at C2?

Anyways let's open fresh wounds and bring up Yoimiya again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn8etqEPtFg

That is an extremely good trailer.

Their trailers are so good. I need the next trailer music soundtrack.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The funny thing about Electro is that it's not just a matter of "this character would be so much better as any other element" like it was with Geo before the buff. A lot of times, it'd be an improvement if they didn't have an element at all (so I guess they could be Dendro :v:)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People literally downplayed Kazuha for a month before his banner because they didn't want to roll, including the biggest simp in this thread who also poo poo on him the most

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Why does it matter as long as this simp you referred to came out and explained that he was wrong after playing with him? As it turned out the suction and aoe were ridiculous, way beyond expectations, and the plunge comes out/allows swaps extremely fast. I guess the simp could have sat on the fact he was amazing but that doesn't sound very nice.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 10, 2021

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Trying to join a friend for coop, the request to join button is greyed out for me trying to join them, though they can join me just fine. We're both the same world level so I'm not sure what's up here :/

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Not even true cause I'm the biggest Kazuha simp

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I've seen people comment on reddit that they shout on the internet saying a character sucks to convince themselves not to pull. And tons of people agreeing with them.

The amount of FOMO in this game is astronomical. I don't understand it. Maybe it's because of the large number of people whose first gacha game is Genshin.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Trying to join a friend for coop, the request to join button is greyed out for me trying to join them, though they can join me just fine. We're both the same world level so I'm not sure what's up here :/

Usually this is because the person-who-can't-host is in the middle of one of those random quests/events that arbitrarily blocks people from joining co-op in your world until you finish it. If I recall, there's a fairly notorious open-world puzzle/quest in Liyue that does that.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

DarkAvenger211 posted:

MP opens up when you reach AR 16. If you're above that, you might have accidentally started a story quest that disallows coop. Finish it, and coop should open up again.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

all the characters are pretty cool and if you're a child you can't afford to get very many of them

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
or if you're an adult but wisely refuse to spend money on rng mechanics

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

finally i can post

No Wave posted:

shogun post

there is a good amount of overlap here. the resolve stack indicator does seem ridiculous and annoying to me, but on such a petty level of like "this big purple poo poo clashes with 70% of my roster" or something lol. i do worry it's going to poo poo so much electro you're shaving away a lot of team options at base, which is definitely a consequence of any element but electro is still low on characters that use its reactions well. personally not feeling much issue with her burst but it being melee does make pyro teammates less appealing. the energy regen doesn't seem like it's going to brutally eclipse Venti, but obviously it works teamwide regardless of element and doesn't have the same anti-synergies. also agreed that "is archon" feels like a lame thing to have to care about but i guess we just sleep in this bed after 1.1 happened.

i guess my main feeling has been she more obviously carries her weird venn diagram of team considerations than some prior supports, if they even had any. it gives me pause both bc i don't think there's huge demand or synergy for her in the current roster, and i may not end up playing in those teams that do emerge.

gandlethorpe posted:

another shogun post

agreed that her easy enabling of brutal quickswap teams is appealing even though i wouldn't say i usually play that. it'll be interesting to see what comes out after actual release even if i feel like her current teams might be thin on the ground or just slotting into existing stuff. Shogun/Koko is definitely a duo i have been thinking a lot about despite the latter's whole mess of issues lol. but it does already bug me that it feels like you're requited to run Sucrose there because getting the trigger isn't reliable and you want to build both characters towards things other than EM anyway.

Ultima66 posted:

I think the reservations about Baal are kind of dumb because people are trying to evaluate her from a DPS perspective when her gimmick is being the ultimate energy battery as a support. Like, even if her being Electro and no one NEEDING that much energy right now means she's not immediately great, it's something that will always have a lot of potential to be great once an electro carry exists that wants a lot of energy or another character shows up that cares about electro reactions and also wants a lot of energy.

And that's ignoring that Eula exists and Baal will already be the new best support for Eula, surpassing Fischl.

100% i have never been looking to her for DPS but support, but stuff like being unclear on all her buffs and mechanics as well as her element do mitigate the whole thing of being a great new battery support (for now). i did touch this above but it feels like my reservations are mostly coming from the part of this that points towards the obvious: she will be undeniably more and more useful as the game continues and content, team, and character options better suited to her emerge. she's dropping into a "meta" that isn't at that state though, so i even start to wonder if she'd just get rerun when the game is actually in that period where she's got a developed niche and i'd feel none the worse for having skipped.

i do have Eula ofc but have been poo-pooing her recently enough in here lol. idk, i am finding Sara more appealing and her C2 seems like the big breakpoint in carving a niche so this is probably a 5* i fall into anyway.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

or if you're an adult but wisely refuse to spend money on rng mechanics

i certainly hope it isn't adults posting about how poo poo all the new characters are on reddit to convince themselves they don't need them