Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Vegas is great for like 2 days at max. Last time we went we spent 24 hours in Vegas (had a blast) and spent the rest of our vacation in Zion, Bryce, and Moab. Best vacation of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lifespan posted:

I too agree with Gary. I'm not a gambler so Vegas was always about awesome restaurants (never quaint, but there is a some seriously legit food in Vegas) and bright lights, so I would get bored in a day or two, especially when arcades started to disappear.

Hi Rupert, I am a software developer in gaming focused mostly on audio, so small world for people that like a solid fart joke.

Eyyyyy, nice! :smug::respek::smug:

Also :lol: @ Evil Agita.

Yeah, one more thing with this derail, right before I left, I was on a little in-office crusade to get the dev team to try out using FMOD for sound design implementation instead of OpenAL. I'd bring them into my office, run a birdsong test (basically taking ~2mb of birdsong clips and creating one event that plays randomly triggered clips of random volume and pitch indefinitely) and they all seemed pretty receptive to it. I think they might've tested it out a few years afterwards.

Aaaaaaahh, I miss THAT being my full time job. Super long shot, but if anyone's in the market for a full time sound designer and/or composer hit me up!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 31, 2021

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Szyznyk posted:

The Rainbow Room incident is another Stern Show cherished memory.

Fred has serious anger issues, if that caller had actually been in the studio he definitely would've choked the life out of him.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Any time I hear someone say they're bored, I hear Howard's voice saying "Ah am so board boff". It's one of many words ruined by the show (Reese's, zero, mozzarella)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Szyznyk posted:

The Rainbow Room incident is another Stern Show cherished memory.

I just listened to it, and wow. Also, good for Jackie for at least TRYING to keep the fight secret.

I wish I knew what that fight was about. :lol:

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Fred and his wife were close to getting separated at the time and were going to counseling. I don't know if there was one specific thing they were arguing about at that dinner but that was the general problem.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Former Human posted:

Fred and his wife were close to getting separated at the time and were going to counseling. I don't know if there was one specific thing they were arguing about at that dinner but that was the general problem.

Oh. Well, that explains a lot. :smith:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Any time I hear someone say they're bored, I hear Howard's voice saying "Ah am so board boff". It's one of many words ruined by the show (Reese's, zero, mozzarella)
Disgraziat!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

*~bornowwwnorrraaaghmp~*
You should add this onomatopoeia to your demo reel, it's perfect.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Disgraziat!

You should add this onomatopoeia to your demo reel, it's perfect.

My friends tell me that I have the gift of perfectly writing out onomatopoeia for any given thing. I've gotten requests for it.

Thanks!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I think there was another incident with Fred where he had his wife go into a store with a cast on her leg and he parked way far away from the door or something stupid and of course, a listener called in to rat him out.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

haljordan posted:

I think there was another incident with Fred where he had his wife go into a store with a cast on her leg and he parked way far away from the door or something stupid and of course, a listener called in to rat him out.

That was the Ikea one wasn't it?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Fred chewing the Sharpie is such a harbinger of hilarity, lmao

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Kragger99 posted:

That was the Ikea one wasn't it?

Yeah that was it

edit: Holy poo poo, Andrew Cuomo basically stole Sal's apology here

https://twitter.com/hjessy_/status/...ber%3D6221pti17

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 3, 2021

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/06/andrew-dice-clay-diagnosed-bells-palsy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1smicXIPDI

:bahgawd:

WTF he still goes on stage in this getup? It's like a David Cross or Judah Friedlander bit.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I just listened to the $5k fight with Artie last week. He was already "so out of touch it was sad" 15 years ago. He still does the same stuff from the 80s. At least Bobcat Goldthwait knew when to move on...

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Dirty nursery rhymes will never go out of style.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
*/dice-gottfried voice HICKERYDICKERYDOCK OAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Little Boy Blue. He needed the money Oh!

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.
Can I taste yo juice?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

It's kinda amazing that two comics (Dice and Sam) totally took comedy to the Rock Star level but if you did the material now you'd be brought before congress.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I dunno, Trump was basically what Dice as President would look like but with nursery rhymes. Kinison could get the GOP nomination with his “execute the homeless” bit alone.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Ralph Hurley posted:

I dunno, Trump was basically what Dice as President would look like but with nursery rhymes. Kinison could get the GOP nomination with his “execute the homeless” bit alone.

Sam was a much better comedian than Dice. Leper whore!

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Ralph Hurley posted:

We could solve world hunger if people would just go to where the food is.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The NY Times ran an article on Dice back in 2007 (reviewing some awful show that aired on VH1 for like 3 episodes) that has the most pathetic quote EVER, it still makes me laugh:

The "taking a call from Debbie Gibson" line is so brutal

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 7, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Bonzo posted:

WTF he still goes on stage in this getup? It's like a David Cross or Judah Friedlander bit.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Dice was really good on the HBO show, Vinyl. However he was kinda just playing himself.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I remember seeing him as Andrew Silverstein on a rerun of MASH. And playing a neutered version of himself in the terrible Victoria Jackson film Casual Sex.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

I remember seeing him as Andrew Silverstein on a rerun of MASH. And playing a neutered version of himself in the terrible Victoria Jackson film Casual Sex.

He was also in Jury Duty (the Paulie Shore movie) which I had completely forgotten about until it was on TV the other day

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Son in Law > In the Army Now > Jury Duty > Biodome

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

When I was a teenager I was staying over at a friends house with a bunch of other guys watching movies and drinking beer. We decided to watch the lovely Dice movie Ford Fairlane. At some point I fell asleep. I guess I missed the end and someone had put on another movie. I woke up in the middle of I Spit On Your Grave. In my drunken state I thought I was still watching the Dice movie and it had taken a very dark and disturbing turn.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ralph Hurley posted:

When I was a teenager I was staying over at a friends house with a bunch of other guys watching movies and drinking beer. We decided to watch the lovely Dice movie Ford Fairlane. At some point I fell asleep. I guess I missed the end and someone had put on another movie. I woke up in the middle of I Spit On Your Grave. In my drunken state I thought I was still watching the Dice movie and it had taken a very dark and disturbing turn.

hickory dickory dock, that chick bit off that dude's cock. OHH!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Last Chance posted:

hickory dickory dock, that chick bit off that dude's cock. OHH!

What is she a homo OHHHHHH!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Bonzo posted:

Dice was really good on the HBO show, Voynyl. However he was kinda just playing himself.

FTFY

Dice's son's band "LA Rocks" was on the Jason Ellis show several years ago. I don't remember exactly how it went down, word for word and all that but, they played a couple songs for the guys and Ellis and them were just kinda like "uhhh yeah dude' we're not feeling it". Dice also happened to be in the studio at the time and got in to this super angry mamma bear mode and was all like wanting to fight them. Even though none of the guys on Ellis' show mentioned anything about "gently caress you bruh we'll kick yer asses" or anything like that.

I kinda lost a bunch of respect for dice after that one. Your kid is a grownup, he can fight his own battles, if they start getting aggressive or threatening then sure, step up and defend him but otherwise, let him handle it, good or bad.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

FTFY

Dice's son's band "LA Rocks" was on the Jason Ellis show several years ago. I don't remember exactly how it went down, word for word and all that but, they played a couple songs for the guys and Ellis and them were just kinda like "uhhh yeah dude' we're not feeling it". Dice also happened to be in the studio at the time and got in to this super angry mamma bear mode and was all like wanting to fight them. Even though none of the guys on Ellis' show mentioned anything about "gently caress you bruh we'll kick yer asses" or anything like that.

I kinda lost a bunch of respect for dice after that one. Your kid is a grownup, he can fight his own battles, if they start getting aggressive or threatening then sure, step up and defend him but otherwise, let him handle it, good or bad.

Also threatening to beat someone up over your son's music probably won't be super helpful to their career

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Prelevant.

Prevalent.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TheoShantonas/status/1423928704980369413

What could have been

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFLA-qYXmK4

e: man I miss Eric the Actor so bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLnMI0s0-Cg

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
one of my favorite fred lines is when they were talking to eric and he said "every time you call theres always a delay in your response, its like youre caling us from the moon or something"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

cumshitter posted:

one of my favorite fred lines is when they were talking to eric and he said "every time you call theres always a delay in your response, its like youre caling us from the moon or something"

One of my favourite bits is when they pretend they can't hear him. They overexaggerate how much they can't hear him and he never even begins to clue in. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Howard always said he liked Eric because he had a "passion" for life but the only thing he was passionate about was screaming insults at people