Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Stroker Ace posted:

Went to the Comedy Store once and this guy I’ve never heard of told a lovely rape joke that nobody laughed at. He then refused to tell another joke because we were “too soft” for him. He just spent the rest of his set scrolling through his notes going “nope, can’t tell that one, can’t tell that one…” he sucked.

oh the dudes that were roganpilled in college and couldn't find a real job. There's a whole subspecies of them now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Has a movie ever not worked for you until you found out who made it? I was watching Dark Star today and I wasn’t really feeling it, but when I found out it was co-written by Dan O’Bannon it suddenly clicked for me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Has a movie ever not worked for you until you found out who made it? I was watching Dark Star today and I wasn’t really feeling it, but when I found out it was co-written by Dan O’Bannon it suddenly clicked for me.

I can't think of that specific situation but I've def checked out movies I didn't think I would like just because of who made it and enjoyed it. But it sounds like you're talking about watching a movie - not liking it - finding out who made it - and then liking it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just pick stuff that the netflix description sounds tight. idk about any of this cinema business. I just wanna see vaguely dystopian visions where hope carries the day.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
:barf:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sometimes I just Vibe to the Yakuza like a dragon title screen.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

good ambient playstation menu tone feel

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Go buy the Japanese Unforgiven remake on Amazon prime. It's better than the original

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i have the Full Throttle theme on my ps4, a good screen to idle on

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Shard posted:

Go buy the Japanese Unforgiven remake on Amazon prime. It's better than the original

Forgive my ignorance but what would the title be ? Typing in unforgiven is just giving me the English version

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

Forgive my ignorance but what would the title be ? Typing in unforgiven is just giving me the English version

Google unforgiven 2013

https://www.amazon.com/Unforgiven-Ken-Watanabe/dp/B085PWXS8C?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_dls

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Unforgiven is maybe one of the best movies ever made.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

"Deserves got nothin to do with it," I say as I eat a fourth donut from the breakroom

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my friend ranked the qbs.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Watched suicide squad it was good. Also watched Lighthouse and it was great. Maybe my favorite movie for unreliable narration and maritime curses

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
What, Japanese Unforgiven? Count me in y’all.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m sure this has happened but I can’t think of specifics. I can think of a similar premise, though, where I would not have watched a movie except that I liked the creators. The two I’m thinking of are Blood of Heroes (which is entirely a traditional sports-triumph movie but about weird post-apocalyptic death lacrosse) —written by a dude who wrote Bladerunner (and coincidentally, Unforgiven!) — and also Runaway Train which was based on a Kurosawa screenplay and directed by the guy who did Tango and Cash. poo poo is wild in both movies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm still mad I can't type in swords guns cyborgs in netflix's search and get movies. wtf.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

last time I asked a question about if a particular type of game exists ya’ll basically informed me it didn’t but it’s been a while and now i have two games to ask if they exist

the first is a card game with a focus on opening packs and collecting gatcha or not, where you can build decks by opening random packs and the packs actually have chances of having good cards, something that played similar to the dragon ball z card game of the 90s would own.

the second is a starship captain game where you run a millenium falcon or normandy size poo poo and can walk around in it and manage the ship and your crew it could be a combatless game where you’re just an exploration vessel or a military game as long as you can walk around the ship and interact with it and see cool poo poo out the windows etc

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm also curious if this kind of game exists: you play as a man with the ability to change his size from normal to very small, but you are also a Australian lieutenant in the British Army during the Second Boer War. the gameplay would revolve around you executing prisoners of war, and being tried for murder, and shrinking to overcome obstacles.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

to the above posts, try theHunter: Call of the Wild.

is there a game like persona 4 but after chie becomes your partner, there's still 300 to 400 hours of relationship content beyond that, and the dungeons and combat and stuff are not boring as well. And you can get married and open a shop

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

is there a game like persona 4 but after chie becomes your partner, there's still 300 to 400 hours of relationship content beyond that, and the dungeons and combat and stuff are not boring as well. And you can get married and open a shop

will you buy me it

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cavauro posted:

doki doki literature club.

jk

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Eat My Fuc posted:

will you buy me it

i will buy it for you on steam the next time it goes on sale, and we can go hunting together

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

we should play some video games

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

we should play some video games

Right now I'm jumping between final fantasy 3 dark souls and dark souls 3

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

last time I asked a question about if a particular type of game exists ya’ll basically informed me it didn’t but it’s been a while and now i have two games to ask if they exist

the first is a card game with a focus on opening packs and collecting gatcha or not, where you can build decks by opening random packs and the packs actually have chances of having good cards, something that played similar to the dragon ball z card game of the 90s would own.

the second is a starship captain game where you run a millenium falcon or normandy size poo poo and can walk around in it and manage the ship and your crew it could be a combatless game where you’re just an exploration vessel or a military game as long as you can walk around the ship and interact with it and see cool poo poo out the windows etc

I want both of these games to exist. I want the card one to be a simulator game about the act of collecting cards.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I want both of these games to exist. I want the card one to be a simulator game about the act of collecting cards.

big same, the game would be very fun

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I want there to be surgeon simulator physics for opening the packs and looking through the cards. I want there to be no real life currency involved but a Coin Game mechanic where you have to do odd jobs to afford the packs.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

TV Zombie posted:

doki doki literature club.

jk

The DLC for this is strangely heartwarming, seems Team Salvato can write teen girl slice-of-life stuff just as well as they can horror

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm not sure how the 90s DBZ game played but there's a Switch game called 'DBZ Heroes World Mission' for the Switch with pack-based gacha mechanics. I bounced off of it because the game tried too hard to be a 'video game' instead of a 'card game' but YMMV.
There's always the Yu-Gi-Oh games too. The most recent one is Yu-Gi-Oh Link Evolution.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i liked opening the packs in yu gi oh on the game boy advance but i don't remember what game it was specifically. it was in the year 2004 or 2005 i bet.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by this that's different from MTGA, or if you mean where you don't have to buy packs with real money, the non-F2P Yu-Gi-Oh games, but if you mean "you open random packs that are just entire decks you play with right away" then the game is called Keyforge. It's designed by one of the co-creators of MTG and when you buy a deck it's been procedurally generated by an algorithm with semi-random cards in it and maybe the deck is good or bad, play to find out! I don't think there's a digital version out or even one coming, though, so you'd have to play it on TTS or like actually with other in people in person or something.

quote:

Star Citizen. Ahahah. Sorry.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
how about an uneven multiplayer game where one person is a deer hunter, and the rest of the players are skateboarding deer trying to pull off insane tricks. it would be like a tony hawk game for the deer, and the deer hunter would be tasked with shooting the deer skateboarders. i think it would be very difficult for the deer hunter to land a clean shot on a skateboarding deer, but also a rewarding challenge.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should make Super Mario 64 2

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

They should make Super Mario 64 2

Super Mario 128 when

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

couldn't remember if you open packs in that. what did they have. base, jungle, and fossil?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
how about a game like Monster Rancher, but instead of reading CDs to make random monsters, it monitors your fitbit. getting healthy unlocks better and stronger monsters. however, there are also special monsters you can only get by being seriously ill.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should make guitar hero but for cigarettes and cigars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011