Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I did, it said the machine can process it, but it's not. It's got power and everything, but it's not processing.

I remember having this issue in E2E, also. I think the only solution I found was to use another machine. I think some of the nether ores weren't macerator compatible, and had to go straight into a furnace. I'd be curious if there is a better solution. The only other thing I can think of is to check the config files to see if that ore is set to be compatible with the macerator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

DawnOfMinstrel posted:

The amount of items in modded is definitely straining that limit, but can the same be said regarding vanilla?

Legitimate question. I agree that we need higher stack sizes, I loved that Heavens of Sorcery mod.

As mentiomed by myself and followed by vib, the current inventory and chest sizes and functions are unchanged since InDev, pre alpha or beta, in 2009. A total of 127 possible anything existed at this point, many unobtainable. A series of quick googles for discussions of 1.16s total gives counts of 950-1000 obtainable items and blocks.

Minecraft has needed to change its poo poo on that front for a while, but 1.7.10 was the last point vanilla could really even ignore it easily.

DawnOfMinstrel
Jun 27, 2013

StealthArcher posted:

A series of quick googles for discussions of 1.16s total gives counts of 950-1000 obtainable items and blocks.

Oh, wow, I would have guessed maybe half of that. Yeah, they really need to take a page from what the Terraria devs did.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
turns out it was just turned the wrong way. It works but now machines are exploding when I hook up my CESU to them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How did Seablock: Rustic Waters end up being? I gave it a shot when it was new, but the updates were coming so fast I kept having to restart after about an hour of play and eventually shelved it till it was more done. Did it turn out okay? Ever really "finished"? Is it actually fun?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Too many rats

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

back on my GTNH bullshit again. just cooked my first stack and a half of titanium, getting ready to set up a rudimentary AE system and build my first LCR. three different youtubers (Kharax82, MainlyAndy, and Lashmak) all started new GTNH playthroughs recently with the most recent updates. this modpack feels healthier and more alive than ever, i love it

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I'm plugging away on GTNH too, and I'm very impressed by the quest book. It doesn't just have hurdles to jump over. It explains why some machines are better at some things than others, and gives good suggestions for optimizing things. Sometimes I miss the suggestions initially because I do things slightly out of order, but it seems well designed.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Vib Rib posted:

How did Seablock: Rustic Waters end up being? I gave it a shot when it was new, but the updates were coming so fast I kept having to restart after about an hour of play and eventually shelved it till it was more done. Did it turn out okay? Ever really "finished"? Is it actually fun?

It was okay. The gimmick just didn't particularly work well with the modset and once you had the seamoth (yes it had subnautica mod) there wasn't any challenge left with it outside of building new areas.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
ugh, I wish GT:NH had veinminer. so much time spent mining.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Mycroft Holmes posted:

you really aren't intended to do manual mining past like MV

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Mycroft Holmes posted:

For manual mining just make a tinker's hammer.

But you can make an autominer in the LV age and they only get better as you tier up. Even away from your base they are easy to power as they actually consume at a tier below (so 8/t for LV). Even if you just use a 4 slot battery buffer that lasts 20-40 minutes.

Don't forget to cheat in world anchors for them if you're playing single player.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
You can also get lucky with a tinker's hammer from a King Slime spawner in the steam age. Whether this is worth it or not is up to debate but it was still fun to circumvent the modmakers not wanting you to be able to put down slime buckets for one :v:

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Started Omnifactory. It is my first GregTech mod pack. Plugging away in LV age and realizing that even now I may need to increase the scale of everything I am doing. I have one of the primary machines and think might be a good idea to build more as I start looking at the blast furnace. Is there a 3x3 shovel in the pack? I have the hammers but still needing to harvest gravel/sand/clay is slow.

Also reading up. snad sugar cane +steam turbine dynamos best early game power?

TheJadedOne fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 8, 2021

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

You 1000% need to parallelize everything. It took me way too long to break the habit of only building one machine to do stuff. Once you hit a certain point in a tier, you can easily scale up, you just have to do it. Don't make my mistake and hobble yourself for no reason!

I'm on the last stage of Omni. Just need to make the final armor set to get the creative vending upgrade. I'm kinda runnin out of steam, but I'm so (kinda) close. I need to redo some stuff and just build stacks of parts for things like the questbook said but haven't been able to bring myself to do. But gently caress, I really do need to just have a constant influx of dilithium.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I didn't start parallelizing machines until fairly far down the tiers and it was mostly for stuff that took a lot of automation, constant running, or just long processing times, like chem stations. In LV I mostly just beelined the machines, pre-automation (and especially pre-blast furnace) I never really saw much need for multiple machines, just focused on the next big step and saved most of my resources for that next leap in efficiency.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I have a map with a few buildings I want to remove. Whats the best, easiest, way to do this in a 1.17 world?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

zaepg posted:

I have a map with a few buildings I want to remove. Whats the best, easiest, way to do this in a 1.17 world?

There is definitely a console command to remove blocks in a given area but I am not the guy to teach you how to use it. I think /fill with air blocks maybe?

Comedy option: TNT

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

MCEdit

e: wow, I'm way out of date. Amulet looks like the new MCEdit but I haven't tried it myself.

Wolfsbane fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 8, 2021

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

GTNH status: I'm in ZPM, but I'm finally starting to build some actual autocrafting.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I like seeing people's builds. That looks very clean and organized. I like to build in an area with neat terrain, and try to maintain some semblance of a view. I'm still in LV, and I built in a rainforest. Factory is in the foreground, and my shamecube of a home is in the middle. I'll get around to rebuilding it at some point. Probably.

I stuck my coke oven stack underground, so it wouldn't block my view. I'll start adding glass so I can look down into it. I built 36 of them, please don't judge.

Is there a way to copy a build pattern in GTNH, or by adding a mod in 1.7.10? It would have been nice to build one layer, then paste the design for each level. I'm in single player, so I can do whatever fuckery may be needed.

EDIT: Neat, something to look forward to.
VVVVVV

Uganda Loves Me fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 9, 2021

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Is there a way to copy a build pattern in GTNH, or by adding a mod in 1.7.10? It would have been nice to build one layer, then paste the design for each level. I'm in single player, so I can do whatever fuckery may be needed.

There's the Builder from Buildcraft, but A) it's classically buggy and 2) it's probably gated behind firestone crystals, which isn't going to help you in an age where you are still using coke ovens.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

drat, I need to take some screenshots of my absolute MESS of a base.

I think I topped out at like 14 coke ovens- whatever was just enough to stay creosote-neutral on one railcraft 2x2 liquid fueled boiler firebox. I've since moved to EIO spruce farm powered by a single 8v solar. the spotty power gen works fine for this machine as it just needs a little burst to chop the whole tree. got my lumber axe up to reinforced x , so no durability issues. tree farm feeds into a MV pyrolyse oven w/ t2 coils + n2, liquid output is wood tar which gets distilled into benzene and toluene. benzene powers this whole setup, toluene makes tnt. charcoal is sent to 4 compressors to make triple compressed blocks. blocks fed into a big boiler -> steam turbine @ just under 1a hv production. that's my totally passive power gen for basic chem and lv/mv machine lines, passive h2/n2/o2 production, and AE system.

also have oil producing all the way through cetane-boosted diesel for more burst-y power needs (blast furnaces), and rocketry. highly recommend diversifying power production because then you get all the side benefits of the system's byproducts. Like, oil means i have passive (poly)ethylene gen, and the pyrolyse oven means i'll have everything for epoxid ready to go once i build a couple more distillation towers and can move from wood tar to charcoal byproducts. I just have a ton of untapped byproducts from oil and charcoal production, it's killing me to void so many tasty chemicals right now

thank you for coming to my tedx talk.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Factory is in the foreground, and my shamecube of a home is in the middle. I'll get around to rebuilding it at some point. Probably.

Automation_games.txt right here.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Like if you don't have sad remnants of each game phase lying around while you construct ever more convoluted machines in your bleak featureless cobblestone box are you even playing the mod pack at all?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

If anyone has some extra brainpower to lend me, I'd appreciate it.

A server is crashing, but the cause is a mystery. The crash log shows it's a JSON file which it attempts to load during the version checking process, directly after OpenLoader, but I don't know how to tell which JSON file the server thinks is malformed or where said file is located.

Logs: https://gist.github.com/dragonshardz/55289449df12d49396d0a4b6106c2004

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

dragonshardz posted:

If anyone has some extra brainpower to lend me, I'd appreciate it.

A server is crashing, but the cause is a mystery. The crash log shows it's a JSON file which it attempts to load during the version checking process, directly after OpenLoader, but I don't know how to tell which JSON file the server thinks is malformed or where said file is located.

Logs: https://gist.github.com/dragonshardz/55289449df12d49396d0a4b6106c2004

It's in the full log.
https://gitlab.com/modding-legacy/supporters/-/raw/master/step.json
That's the json file it's trying to parse right before the error.

Considering it's making me sign in before viewing the file, I have to wonder if the launcher can't actually see it properly and it's being given an http error instead which it then tries to parse as a json file?

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

McFrugal posted:

It's in the full log.
https://gitlab.com/modding-legacy/supporters/-/raw/master/step.json
That's the json file it's trying to parse right before the error.

Considering it's making me sign in before viewing the file, I have to wonder if the launcher can't actually see it properly and it's being given an http error instead which it then tries to parse as a json file?
That one generates a warning, but I'm not sure it's the one that's actually causing the error and startup failure.

The stack trace of the one that generates the ERROR at 16:37:22 looks like fairly generic Minecraft code rather than a mod. It might be something like 'usercache.json' in the server directory that's corrupt?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Halibut Barn posted:

That one generates a warning, but I'm not sure it's the one that's actually causing the error and startup failure.

The stack trace of the one that generates the ERROR at 16:37:22 looks like fairly generic Minecraft code rather than a mod. It might be something like 'usercache.json' in the server directory that's corrupt?

Oh you're right, I didn't look closely enough at the following error messages. Whatever it is, it happens after the openloader version check finishes.
My first thought was another version check, but wouldn't it have displayed the line about it starting the check, like the other ones? I wish we could see the "7 more". Was there another, more complete log somewhere?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
If the source here for VersionChecker is consistent with what you're running, I would expect to see another "Starting version check" and even the output before it puked where it puked--if that was where the problem was. See lines 168-181. So I wouldn't go chasing after version checks.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

The logs I posted are crash + debug + latest. Most complete set I can possibly manage. Usercache and whitelist jsons were valid, ops was corrupt so I deleted it but same issue so I gave up for the day.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I just made my first MV frame and really need to figure out a power solution and I guess actually planning stuff out as I unlock AE2 stuff cause I think my mess is not going to work.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

benzene

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheJadedOne posted:

I just made my first MV frame and really need to figure out a power solution and I guess actually planning stuff out as I unlock AE2 stuff cause I think my mess is not going to work.

Benzene or light fuel.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I ended up using both benzene and oil-based power. It's worth building up stacks for both once you have access to (and can affordably build) distillation tower multiblocks, as both oil and charcoal byproducts (something you can make instead of wood tar in a pyrolyse but has no purpose before owning DTs) can make incredibly useful byproducts.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I don't think you can make DTs in MV.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

I don't think you can make DTs in MV.

You can't. Just something to think about going forward.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

still can't read that as anything other than "delerium tremens"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

still can't read that as anything other than "delerium tremens"

a drinking problem would probably be healthier than playing GTNH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I had a productive day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM5B8urey5c