Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Scandalous posted:

oh no it grimgrog

halp what do

how kil grimgrog???

2 tuff

scarry!!

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Dull Fork posted:

Jeez you don't get this game at all do you?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

What black magic was required to get grimmy to show up with a lovely short stack?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I swear to god sometimes the lizards yell out something like "NEED DICK" on the strategic map.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Fuligin posted:

What black magic was required to get grimmy to show up with a lovely short stack?
all his black orc stacks suffered tragic gunpowder related knee injury

Scandalous fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 9, 2021

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mans posted:

I swear to god sometimes the lizards yell out something like "NEED DICK" on the strategic map.

Who among us can claim not to sometimes yell the same thing

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I don't think i've ever seen him with such a lovely army before, now do it when he's got at least as much units as you.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I'm going to venture at a guess he was getting his butt whooped up and down the campaign map for a while. Legendary Lords field lovely armies when they haven't got much infrastructure left to make any troops with.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I did the new skink campaign because I figured it'd be the easiest way to get the achievements and it is. I beat Taurox by turn 50 or whatever, but his other victory condition is to do 5 "hard" missions or whatever and I've only had two pop up so far. So I guess I just have to click end turn a bunch of times until new quests spawn? stupid.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Arghy posted:

I don't think i've ever seen him with such a lovely army before, now do it when he's got at least as much units as you.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I'm going to venture at a guess he was getting his butt whooped up and down the campaign map for a while. Legendary Lords field lovely armies when they haven't got much infrastructure left to make any troops with.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I did the new skink campaign because I figured it'd be the easiest way to get the achievements and it is. I beat Taurox by turn 50 or whatever, but his other victory condition is to do 5 "hard" missions or whatever and I've only had two pop up so far. So I guess I just have to click end turn a bunch of times until new quests spawn? stupid.

It is quicker to do the paint the map victory condition or install a mod that gives more hard missions.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I went with not giving a poo poo about steam achievements

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
wow you're so cool

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

wow you're so cool

just recommending another option that seems pretty sane to me!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I'm just sayin' I figured Grimgor had already fielded his "good army" and lost with that too.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Global achievement stats are surprisingly low for most campaign completions, just beating any norsca campaign is a rarer achievement than people finishing things on higher difficulties.

Games are too long is what I am saying.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Global achievement stats are surprisingly low for most campaign completions, just beating any norsca campaign is a rarer achievement than people finishing things on higher difficulties.

I've yet to finish a campaign.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I just play short campaign conditions. I find you can usually take a few minutes to have a think about your plan and go about it in a focused way which is fun. Sometimes I'll have an annoying thing like one settlement that belongs to a defensive ally that won't become military and I can't bring myself to break the campaign narrative by attacking them, so I just quit at the finish line lol.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

JBP posted:

I just play short campaign conditions. I find you can usually take a few minutes to have a think about your plan and go about it in a focused way which is fun. Sometimes I'll have an annoying thing like one settlement that belongs to a defensive ally that won't become military and I can't bring myself to break the campaign narrative by attacking them, so I just quit at the finish line lol.

I hate how the Vampire Coast campaign wants you to eliminate all the other pirates. Let me make my giant pirate republic with Aranessa, the angriest conservationist.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

JBP posted:

I save the game then attack to get the achievement and then start a new game.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

How! posted:

I hate how the Vampire Coast campaign wants you to eliminate all the other pirates. Let me make my giant pirate republic with Aranessa, the angriest conservationist.

you must become king of the pirates. please understand.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I wonder how they'll innovate the campaign in WH3 or will it just be a huge map? I would like some interesting victory conditions to shoot for besides map painting.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
I'm not too worried, pretty much every DLC has had better end conditions, they probably don't want to make drastic changes to the current ones because annoying people will complain about their cheevos, but I'd imagine that end conditions will not be so onerous in TWW3.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Scandalous posted:

oh no it grimgrog

halp what do

how kil grimgrog???

2 tuff

scarry!!

This is the best post in the last 500 pages, at least.

Grimgor is laughably easy to burn down with ranged, regardless of his army comp, in my experience.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Crab Dad posted:

I save the game then attack to get the achievement and then start a new game.

I don't do that because I care more about the game's narrative being fun than the pop-up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

JBP posted:

I don't do that because I care more about the game's narrative being fun than the pop-up.

Well I demand that you play the game the way I enjoy it.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I'm just sayin' I figured Grimgor had already fielded his "good army" and lost with that too.
sorry yes it was perhaps unclear, you are correct and i was quoting your post as the reply to Arghy

Grimgor only had a crud stack left because i already fought and shot all his good stuff and kicked him into the dark lands. this was just the last time i fought him before total orc genocide

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Crab Dad posted:

Well I demand that you play the game the way I enjoy it.

Ok I will sorry.

Also I didn't mean to sound like I was being critical lol. I just get to the end and go I WON! then start another lizard campaign that I'll get bored with and abandon in twenty turns.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Devorum posted:

Hmmm...does kink shaming go in the grudge book?

one of the thread titles was 'please don't skink-shame' at one point

Sharkopath posted:

yeah basically.

I've said it before but playing dark elves and owning everywhere west of bretonnia an north of the thunderdome, fighting off the chaos invasion and still being short 1-2 victory points is a bit silly

the placeholder victory conditions should have been revised, they had the same problem with 1 where you end up 20 turns into The Age of Peace and have to conquer/resettle half the empire to check off a box

this is also why norsca campaign in 1 and taurox campaign in 2 are so good, they're only dragging out largely because you want to drag them out, so when the campaign becomes a bit dull you can wrap it up in a few turns anyway

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
A stack of squats, in badlands, hunting
old Grimgor, dawi-sunderer
two thousand teef of brutal cunning
drops to a rank-four thunderer

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I clicked the end turn button while watching a movie and after four visions of the old gods, I got one hard mission.

campaign was on the 110 turns and I still didn't have enough hard missions to complete.

it's a really terrible system. I beat Taurox, I was skink commando, I've got my money's worth so I just declared the campaign over.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

He does what to Grobi?

Wait what's wrong with headbutting orcs? I think this is one of those british/American translation problems

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Ferrosol posted:

Wait what's wrong with headbutting orcs? I think this is one of those british/American translation problems

for americans, nutting is to cum.

in a sentence:

"I nutted all over my keyboard and made a thread in GBS called keyboard goop"

So this dwarf either cums on greenskins or actual greenskins come out of his dick either of which is pretty awesome

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

or do dwarfs have dicks? aren't they like a fungus?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There is nothing wrong with nutting some boyz.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
It's a shame to hear about the Oxyotl campaign being too long. I just finished Thorek's, and it was the perfect length, about 100 turns. Well-designed objectives all around, especially since, once your economy gets good, you can bribe factions into military alliances and get your artifacts that way.

The final battle was fun, too. Thorek got over a thousand kills.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Twigand Berries posted:

or do dwarfs have dicks? aren't they like a fungus?

That's 40k orks.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So:
Infantry are hitting large units too many times when they charge them.
Oxyotl’s hard mission frequency might need looking at.
Beastmen’s Kadon Unleashed technology, requiring you to summon 10 units in battle, becomes unobtainable if you overshoot that amount during a battle

Are there any other bugs or changes that might need looking at before game 3 comes out?

RedApe98
Mar 17, 2009

I can't complete my Taurox campaign because I didn't raise herdstones in the Witchwood and Hexoatl, those factions are dead and land under my control but still doesn't count. It's a bug they are at least aware of but CA is really lovely about fixing bugs, taking forever to get around to finally doing it then usually causing more bugs to pop up in the process. Lack of testing and severe power creep are just about the only two things that bother me about the series nowadays. I have alot of faith they can keep improving weak features like sieges and outdated factions but bugfixing is not one of their strengths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
lol, those battle screens.

It's been said before (by better players than me), but Grimgor is a threat early game because he can confederate so quickly and crap out tons of black orcs. If you are dwarves, rush Blackstone Crag to prevent this. Otherwise you will be dealing with tons of stacks filled with heavily armored, AP infantry coming at you and maybe other stacks filled with cavalry.

Arguably, you should do the same with Sniktch because by the time you get weapons teams, Grimgor might already be doing this to you due to anti-player bias.

RedApe98 posted:

I can't complete my Taurox campaign because I didn't raise herdstones in the Witchwood and Hexoatl, those factions are dead and land under my control but still doesn't count. It's a bug they are at least aware of but CA is really lovely about fixing bugs, taking forever to get around to finally doing it then usually causing more bugs to pop up in the process. Lack of testing and severe power creep are just about the only two things that bother me about the series nowadays. I have alot of faith they can keep improving weak features like sieges and outdated factions but bugfixing is not one of their strengths.

Can you abandon the herdstones and create new ones in the settlements necessary?

Also, agreed.