Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just figured a full version would be released on Spotify and that would be the end of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Killingyouguy! posted:

God I hate that song so much why would you ever want to hear more of it
:wrong:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The song has grown on me but has yet to stop feeling wildly mismatched to the show.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Very disappointed that the Boat "Mah Wife" version of the song has been taken down.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Entropic posted:

The song has grown on me but has yet to stop feeling wildly mismatched to the show.

Yeah this is where I'm at with it. Also hard agree that they should not be touring, what the hell guys?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah this is where I'm at with it. Also hard agree that they should not be touring, what the hell guys?

They talk about it a bit at the end of today's episode. Obviously, they planned this stuff before Delta hit and continued to destroy the country. They cancelled shows earlier than the ones listed, and made it pretty clear that they'll cancel these too if it doesn't seem smart. (It doesn't seem smart but they aren't cancelling them yet.)

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I just think it’s weird they picked a song prominently featuring the refrain “it’s better, it’s better with two” for a show about three brothers.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

They're more of a three-headed west-virginian McElory dragon, so the two the songs referring to are you the listener and said comedy Hydra.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

It's a really bad song

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It is a song as relevant and catchy as any song that came before it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's a fun bubbly song

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's a familiar song.

But not too not familiar.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Entropic posted:

It’s familiar, but not too familiar

but not too not familiar

E: fb

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Whatever you think of the current song it's leaps better than the " too familiar" crap imo

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The World Inferno posted:

They're more of a three-headed west-virginian McElory dragon, so the two the songs referring to are you the listener and said comedy Hydra.

This is part of what bothers me about it, I think. Not only is it incredibly saccharine, but it seems like unhealthy boundaries between podcaster and listener are what both the McElroys and their audience have come to expect and the song is not helping. The podcast should not be trying to be my best friend

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

if you feel like the mcelroy brothers are trying to seduce you into an unhealthy parasocial relationship via intro music you can probably skip the first few minutes of the podcast safely thank you

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

This is part of what bothers me about it, I think. Not only is it incredibly saccharine, but it seems like unhealthy boundaries between podcaster and listener are what both the McElroys and their audience have come to expect and the song is not helping. The podcast should not be trying to be my best friend

it's a song

montaigne also made a surprisingly beautiful song on commission about driving a truck for a comedian who streams euro truck simulator. it's just what she does there's not some secret message unique to mbmbam with every word tailored to it

eke out fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 9, 2021

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

they made the choice to use it and not another song that's less creepy lmao

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Just pay ABBA!!! It was their best along with the 3 stacks ending

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

By ending the title of the podcast “and Me”, the McElroy’s weaponize world of mouth advertising to spread the parasocial curse

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Killingyouguy! posted:

Get therapy.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Killingyouguy! posted:

What if they are also your dudgeonmaster?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dwayne the rock Johnson

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Extremely chaotic energy in this week's MBMBAM, especially this ending.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

The best song was the placeholder rugrats theme.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Pork Lift posted:

You're absolutely not wrong.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Killingyouguy! posted:

It isn't.

Pork Lift posted:

Although I do like the new intro, I must admit the Rugrats placeholder was both catchier and more relevant.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

George H.W. oval office posted:

Just pay ABBA!!! It was their best along with the 3 stacks ending

Compromise, pay ABBA to cover the rugrats theme.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Warbird posted:

Compromise, pay ABBA to cover the rugrats theme.

Compromise, just watch Mamma Mia! on repeat instead of listening to anymore McElroy content.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be fine with the song if I didn't need to skip twice. Thats just too many times.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Pork Lift posted:

"Don't tell our grandparents all the cuss words we said..."

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

um excuse me posted:

I'd be fine with the song if I didn't need to skip twice. Thats just too many times.

Pocketcasts at least lets you set an auto-skip per podcast exactly to get past intro music that's the same length every episode. I haven't heard more than the last 3 seconds of Better With You since the second episode after they introduced it

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Hargrimm posted:

Pocketcasts at least lets you set an auto-skip per podcast exactly to get past intro music that's the same length every episode. I haven't heard more than the last 3 seconds of Better With You since the second episode after they introduced it

This is such a great feature that I didn't even know that I wanted

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

"You don't actually believe that, do you Justin?"

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
Podcast songs must either be TGIF sitcom-esque theme explainers, or be direct letters to me from my sweetheart, a podcast. Never just a fun song, that would be stupid.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a start of anything beautiful

A SMALL ACQUAINTANCE!

HAS BLOSSOMED!

INTERACTED! (?)

INTO A SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP!

I COULD HAVE NEVER SEEN WHAT WAS COMING FOR TO ME (?)

HANGS AT THE SKATE PARK HANGS BY THE BEACH

MY LIIIIIIIFE

IT FEELS LIIIIIIIKE

MY LIFE!!!!!

It is at the italicized point in the song where I say "Jesus Christ" to myself. Cause Jesus Christ that's some terrible poo poo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You guys must be real fun at parties

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I go to smart people parties where there is no music, instead we have charcuterie boards and wine and talk about how much the interim dean sucks

"Hangs?" how erudite

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Apparently "it's ripened"

https://twitter.com/actualmontaigne/status/1372719264335982601

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The 7th Guest posted:

You guys must be real fun at parties

you ever been to a party full of MaxFun fans?