Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.removeddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/p14vuf/luchablog_is_it_a_bad_sign_for_your_workplace/

Not to much bad takes as a SquaredCircle mod nuking as much stuff that is negative towards the WWE as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Wow I can’t believe the bucks would say this about themselves

https://twitter.com/louchaliiibre/status/1424547996679741448

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Actually NXT Was Always Bad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
(The secondary market on All In was much smaller than you'd expect for a show that sold out so fast, so his tweet is even more nonsensical than usual.)

https://twitter.com/benjamiller/status/1424895691789275136

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Pinche Rudo posted:

Someone do Shawn Michaels sending Jannetty through the barbershop window with "Vincels" and "NXT"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

WCW was great. Even when it was awful, you couldn't take your eyes away from it. The saturday night show had a revolving door of the strangest gimmicks. They had a dude that wrestled like Kane(with the full mask and bodysuit) but dressed like a baseball guy.

I think if you look at the numbers people could easily look away.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coconono posted:

WCW was great. Even when it was awful, you couldn't take your eyes away from it. The saturday night show had a revolving door of the strangest gimmicks. They had a dude that wrestled like Kane(with the full mask and bodysuit) but dressed like a baseball guy.

And then you'd get the odd low key brilliant matches when they'd need to fill time so they'd have like Brad Armstrong go out and wrestle the Great Muta.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I agreed with the first sentence anyway

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Kult of Kayfabe

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Gonzo McFee posted:

The speed that NXT has gone from the best thing ever to hot garbage that deserves to die to these people just because it fell out of favour with Vince is amazing. Is there something deep in the human mind where we just decide to become a peasant for whatever feudal king that we identify the most with that got transferred over to Billionaires?

I think a lot of these weirdos are people who only like wrestling if it's on the main roster. I remember way before AEW was a thing seeing so many people poo poo on NXT whenever someone said it was better than Raw and Smackdown and then in the last two years those people magically disappeared until these last few weeks.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Thank you

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Endless Mike posted:

I agreed with the first sentence anyway

The quote makes sense if you think it means the Wyatt Family

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lid posted:

The quote makes sense if you think it means the Wyatt Family
Only if the show that keeps getting better is 2012 NXT.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Has AEW asked about Mayu? Also, what is the issue about AEW fans talking about Shida and Riho?
https://twitter.com/FadedEndless/status/1424734151136120832?s=20

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that guy is talking to the voices in his head

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TV Zombie posted:

Has AEW asked about Mayu? Also, what is the issue about AEW fans talking about Shida and Riho?

This guy is just some joshi obsessive, like in the scheme of things they read like forkboy posts.

https://twitter.com/FadedEndless/status/1424734308598755330

https://twitter.com/FadedEndless/status/1424564288954437632

Also a lot on wrestling need to unionise, so all in all not the ends of the world. They've just invented drama in their own head over how AEW is poaching and harming the joshi scene by actively wanting joshi wrestlers.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TV Zombie posted:

I think when he says how they talk about them he means the things they say, not the fact that they say anything.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought AEW didn't even have a Stardom relationship, like they've been working with TJPW and using Emi's students but I don't think any actual Stardom talent has come over.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

I thought AEW didn't even have a Stardom relationship, like they've been working with TJPW and using Emi's students but I don't think any actual Stardom talent has come over.

they don't lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy might just have meant to tweet at aew fans in the first place and forgot a word so it sounded like psychotic pleading with the company over something that doesn't exist. just a joshi superfan crying as normal

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That’s why I was confused. I didn’t think that AEW talked to stardom and I don’t know what those hypothetical talks( unless they happened ) have to do in regards to other Joshi wrestlers. Ultimately, I think the tweeter is worried about Emis positioning but I think AEW has gotten better with women on dynamite in terms of skits and matches so..... let’s wait and see?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I do remember people were concern-trolling about AEW raiding the joshi scene, but even pre-pandemic that never really happened and they weren't working with Stardom at all.

Though we can still lol at ROH having Mayu and doing nothing with her.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

This guy is just some joshi obsessive, like in the scheme of things they read like forkboy posts...

Harsh :(

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Yeah I think there's a missing "fans" there - Juan is a smart guy and his point makes more sense with that. In some places there is a thing where a Joshi wrestler gets a vague bit of fame and you'll get people that are like PLEASE GO TO AEW and while its easy to ignore its a bit like the people that reply GO TO WWE to any vaguely prominent wrestler in that the attitude is a bit annoying. There are also people that seem to pine for an AEW-Stardom partnership and basically say that their current partnerships are not good which also annoys me because I think its a bit insulting towards TJPW and Gatoh Move in particular who have good talent available plus its the old "all Joshi is Stardom" thing. The answer is to simply ignore those people but, well, if everyone did that this thread wouldn't exist.

I've never encountered a worry that AEW would raid the Joshi scene by themselves - the concerns were very much about WWE strip-mining everywhere for NXT Japan and perhaps AEW signing a few people on top of that but in the Joshi fan communities I sit in (people that have been around for a while; were Stardom fans a few years ago but are a bit more sceptical about them now and who watch a lot of different things but SEAdLINNNG is a universal like) while there's some frustration about how AEW use talent (them bringing in Yuka Sakazaki for one Dynamite match and a few Dark matches is an example of that; Hikaru Shida vanishing after losing the belt is another) broadly its seen as a positive not only because as it turned out them emerging got WWE to initially back off their internal expansion plans that are off the table but also because its attitude is more positive towards the scene: bringing in people on shorter tours means that they work both the US and Japan; having positive relationships with partners rather than seeking to sign people away aggressively and also because its widened the pool for the sort of talent that can be seen to having worked in the US. I'll be honest; I don't think anyone had Riho down as someone who'd naturally get over in America. There are other groups of fans that are weirder and I could see the random twitter group that's exclusively WWE/Stardom or TJPW or ChocoPro getting hypocritically annoyed by AEW using Yuka Sakazaki for a month with the permission of TJPW but those people are weirdos and can be ignored.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yeah you're also a puro obsessive ;)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/JordensGE/status/1425087598607966214?s=19

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is wwewwfjunkie part of this extended universe too?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I liked the part where Juan said to watch Yuka in TJPW to get the full Rude Djinn experience

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Is there lore on the aewbotches guy?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Is there lore on the aewbotches guy?

all i know is that he sucks to the point of outright fabricating things to get people mad at aew, like deceptively editing footage and outright lying about injuries

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Is wwewwfjunkie part of this extended universe too?

VCRWrestling/MSW were part of the Fray/VicVenomBytes crew but is the only remaining really visible one. WWEWWFJunkie I don't think is connected. Where the former will sometimes be racist, homophobic or transphobic and try to hide it in irony (sometimes) the Junkie is just openly bigoted.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just the fact that it's ONE guy running all those accounts is definitely in line with how most of those guys like the wwejunkie guy have no life outside of their twitters

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

just the fact that it's ONE guy running all those accounts is definitely in line with how most of those guys like the wwejunkie guy have no life outside of their twitters

This is almost certainly the case.

I made a gimmick account to gently caress with people like Hector and Junkie but realized how massively time-consuming it was just to post like once or twice day. My account got suspended because I Got Mad and told someone to "Shut the gently caress up, nerd." I'm not built for wrestling Twitter.

Also, AEWbotches had me blocked despite never interacting with the account. I also sort of realized that some of these people are legitimately mentally ill or just really dumb (turn on your monitor, I know) and arguing with them online even in jest was pointless.

Example, Revival pre-AEW...

...and after joining AEW.

lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

VCRWrestling/MSW were part of the Fray/VicVenomBytes crew but is the only remaining really visible one. WWEWWFJunkie I don't think is connected. Where the former will sometimes be racist, homophobic or transphobic and try to hide it in irony (sometimes) the Junkie is just openly bigoted.

What happened to Fray? Haven't even thought about that dude in years.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, a lot of these dudes are arguing with voices in their heads and now poo poo like twitter is giving them positive reinforcement that they're winning against those voices.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

I see him around now and then on Twitter. I don't follow him but others I follow do and they'll retweet and all.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

C'mon, Borange Cassidy was right there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

He stopped trying to get attention after he deactivated following being extremely transphobic with Justin. He's supposedly around on a smaller account these days.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AEW needs Kevin Dunn https://twitter.com/BadBryanTakes/status/1425153780409110535?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Of all the bad camera cuts or angles that AEW has legitimately used before, they pick one that was... completely fine? The positioning was perfect for what was going on.