Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My friend and I had an absolutely bonkers run on Customs but sadly didn't make it out with anything. Probably for the best - I was out of AK ammo with ten minutes to go, and if I'd actually escaped with that many kills on my M9A3 I would have risked becoming a fan of Italian soccer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay, so I love this patch. The Sorting Table added to post-Scav inventory management helps a ton, since you can finally disassemble weapons before putting them into stash. So does the fact that a succesful scav extract will net you a 0.01 point with Fence! No killing neccessary!

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

CH Science posted:

Oh it used to be longer huh? I was so stoked it was done I didn't even notice. Thank you Lord Nikita for this blessing.

Yeah, it used to be 30sec iirc

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hooplah posted:

tbh there should be a small bit of rep gain - maybe 0.01 - for just getting out of the raid without doing anything negative. at least those boring quick loot runs wouldn't feel so unproductive.

nice, nikita obviously reads my posts

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Nice I can finally make up that 0.05 loss I got for headshotting another pscav after getting tired of having him chase me around trying to kill me but failing miserably.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Vehicle extracts give massive fence rep. Recommend carrying 7K rubles into every raid.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Hooplah posted:

nice, nikita obviously reads my posts

You and 50 posts every day on Reddit suggesting it in a much more aggressive manner

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

hello internet posted:

You and 50 posts every day on Reddit suggesting it in a much more aggressive manner

never go on reddit :sun:

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Hooplah posted:

never go on reddit :sun:

I try not to but this thread doesn’t move fast enough when I’m at work. :f5:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

DrHammond posted:

Vehicle extracts give massive fence rep. Recommend carrying 7K rubles into every raid.

The first few times do but it quickly reaches diminishing returns down to 0.01 per v-ex.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the eft reddit is shockingly badb even for reddit, impossible to find anything out at all without it beign people yelling about how much they hate the game and dev s

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Stux posted:

the eft reddit is shockingly badb even for reddit, impossible to find anything out at all without it beign people yelling about how much they hate the game and dev s

95% of the community there are people who literally only use their scav runs to interact with the game because they are completely trash.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
i just started this game and im having a blast. saved up and bought the 1.1m scav junk case, what should be my next newbie goal?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

ZionestLord posted:

i just started this game and im having a blast. saved up and bought the 1.1m scav junk case, what should be my next newbie goal?

A second one.

Seriously, there's so much stuff you need for quests, upgrades and trades later that it's totally worth it to get a second junk case.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

This reads like a SAW video opener

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

giZm posted:

This reads like a SAW video opener

lmao the objective if the wiki is accurat.e

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

lmao the objective if the wiki is accurat.e

It's....just finishing Punisher Pt 6

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Cage Kicker posted:

It's....just finishing Punisher Pt 6

No it's handing over the container. Although you would just do it when you are however many XP off of KAPPA, so a bit dumb.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The first few times do but it quickly reaches diminishing returns down to 0.01 per v-ex.

Telling on myself for being bad and not actually having many Extracts. (Haven't actually played past lvl 11 this wipe)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I tried farming some V-ex for that sweet Fence karma and nearly shat myself when I realized that I have to survive a whole minute next to the car on Customs.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Kikas posted:

I tried farming some V-ex for that sweet Fence karma and nearly shat myself when I realized that I have to survive a whole minute next to the car on Customs.

You can leave and come back in that minute. Hide in a bush nearby. Just don't misjudge the time so you walk up to the car, to see it leave right in front of you.

EDIT- Also preasing O will give you the countdown to when it leaves.

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 11, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kikas posted:

You just need to be next to it when the timer ticks to 0. I usually run a good distance away and watch the countdown under extracts until there's about 10 seconds left then head back to it.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Those 60 seconds can be used to throw any spare grenades you still have left. It deters others _and_ levels your PMC.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

giZm posted:

Those 60 seconds can be used to fire wildly into the air, as a power move.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

No it's handing over the container. Although you would just do it when you are however many XP off of KAPPA, so a bit dumb.

Right and how do you unlock epsilon

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
how many eod playeres do you think unlocked epsilon and already sold it

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Stux posted:

how many eod playeres do you think unlocked epsilon and already sold it
including players who will reach that level, not many

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
theres ppl commenting on it on reddit v upset they sold it and are approaching the task. overall: very funny quest and nikitia wins ionce more.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

It’s ok being upset is a big part of the game

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

including players who will reach that level, not many

Epsilon is unlocked by finishing the punisher quest line which unlocks in the mid 20s. Not sure what level the last quest requires but I'm only 28 and have part 4 mostly done.

E: checked the wiki, the level requirement is even lower than I thought. Lvl 21 for punisher part 6.

Copper For Lyfe fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 12, 2021

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Isn't the task that consumes the container past 60 though?

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Atlas_Quinn posted:

Ugh... I wish I could play this game still.. Feel like I'm going to have a loving heart attack every time I play it so my doctor told me to stop. >.<

Lol this is how I feel

Jinx
Sep 9, 2001

Violence and Bloodshed

Atlas_Quinn posted:

Ugh... I wish I could play this game still.. Feel like I'm going to have a loving heart attack every time I play it so my doctor told me to stop. >.<

I had heart surgery and now I have access to beta blockers, and let me tell you - they help when shooting real firearms and they really help with EFT.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Finally traded for my thermal bag and vendored off about 400k roubles worth of food that wouldn't fit in it.

I don't have a hoarding problem.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bussamove posted:

Finally traded for my thermal bag and vendored off about 400k roubles worth of food that wouldn't fit in it.

I don't have a hoarding problem.

I hope it wasn't sugar or chocolates

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

I hope it wasn't sugar or chocolates

This ain't my first rodeo, I've got an entire Blackrock rig full of sugar just waiting for my still to come online. :v:

It was 400k worth of canned fish, juice, and sodas I decided I really didn't need now that I can go fill up instantly in a single Goshan scav run if I actually need any of that.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Is Goshan where I can find the last Tarcola I need to get my food case?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bucnasti posted:

Is Goshan where I can find the last Tarcola I need to get my food case?

The shelves to the far left as you enter from the registers are chock-full of Tarcola, Tushonka both large and small, and all sorts of other foods now. If I’m doing a grocery run I’ll easily leave with a bag full of stuff if no one else has hit it yet.

For me the annoying part was Hot Rods. Those are one of the things that doesn’t regularly spawn there so I had to scour the other shelves/offices around there to find them.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Bussamove posted:

The shelves to the far left as you enter from the registers are chock-full of Tarcola, Tushonka both large and small, and all sorts of other foods now. If I’m doing a grocery run I’ll easily leave with a bag full of stuff if no one else has hit it yet.

For me the annoying part was Hot Rods. Those are one of the things that doesn’t regularly spawn there so I had to scour the other shelves/offices around there to find them.

Apparently the food court in Interchange is also a good place for Tarcola, I spawned up there, found a bunch of sodas on tables including a Tarcola and got the gently caress out ASAP. Now I've got my food case.

I found a lot of my hot rods in Interchange ground caches and in reserve food crates, I was lousy with them for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
You can get most of a Holodilnick in a single Goshan run if nobody else has been back there. You'll just have to source the Hot Rods elsewhere.