Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

Strange Tales #107 (1963)
If only Johnny had played Pokemon.

Doom: The Emperor Returns #1 (2002)

Does the next panel have Doom dressed in an improvised Cowboy get up ala Cowboy Gil from Parenthood? I don't know why, but that feels like something Doom would do.

(Incidentally, I know Namor fucks, but is he only about the ladies or does he like the gentlemen too?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Jonathan Storm is one of the gently caress-dumbest characters in the Marvel universes.

And that's saying a lot.

site posted:

don't even act like if you could customize the size of your dong you wouldn't do it

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Everything is Mallrats now.

(And has been since Mallrats came out.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the manga series Elusive Samurai some samurai have decided that they really want to die in battle.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol I was just coming here to post the bottom panel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Elissimpark posted:

(Incidentally, I know Namor fucks, but is he only about the ladies or does he like the gentlemen too?)

Just the ladies I believe, but he's not picky about species.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
He is, however, picky about literature:

From Fraction's brief but enjoyable Defenders run.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #60 (1967)

Detective Comics #1 (2001 reprint)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Fantastic Four #60 (1967)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-MnkNL-2Q&t=13s

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Strange Tales #107 (1963)
If only Johnny had played Pokemon.

How many times have we seen the baby in the crashed spaceship? The falling string of pearls? The spider's bite and the wince of pain? Maybe a Human Torch has just gotta fight a Submariner.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Is it pronounced Sub-Mariner, or is it pronounced Sub-Mariner?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

mercenarynuker posted:

Is it pronounced Sub-Mariner, or is it pronounced Sub-Mariner?

I think the hyphen would make the latter correct right?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Edmund Lava posted:

I think the hyphen would make the latter correct right?
Actually, it's the former:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3FC1iUZ_Qw

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sub-Mariner is pronounced like the baseball team not like the submersible craft.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I thought it was pronounced like the county!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Really anyone working at Subway is a submariner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its pronounced "sword"

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

"Oh yes, dearest brother, let me make certain that you are well-informed of how much I enjoy sexing with someone enhanced with powers of stretching and multiple unique appendages... and who completely forgets what he's doing and wanders away because a new scientific principle has come to mind... luckily, he invented various useful appliances so it's not a *total* loss while waiting for Namor to kidnap me again... Hitachi, take me away!"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Sub-Mariner is pronounced like the baseball team not like the submersible craft.

i had never thought to pronounce it that way but now that is extremely how I'm going to pronounce it

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

muscles like this! posted:

Its pronounced "sword"
Well I feel foolish.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Sue Bummeriner.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

bessantj posted:

New superhero just dropped

Once again, Turner D. Century fulfills his role as the Rodney Dangerfield of 1990s supervillains.

Makes me wince to think that Marvel's gonna make a mini series or something with him and they'll have to figure out a way to print a special one-shot collection of Cap America stories of him, ending with him being brutally murdered without remorse by Scourge.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Binary Badger posted:

Once again, Turner D. Century fulfills his role as the Rodney Dangerfield of 1990s supervillains.

Makes me wince to think that Marvel's gonna make a mini series or something with him and they'll have to figure out a way to print a special one-shot collection of Cap America stories of him, ending with him being brutally murdered without remorse by Scourge.

He was brought back by Dormammu and was alive as of Superior Spider-Man #9 in 2019, according to the wiki.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Elissimpark posted:

Does the next panel have Doom dressed in an improvised Cowboy get up ala Cowboy Gil from Parenthood? I don't know why, but that feels like something Doom would do.

I now need to see Doom with cowboy armor.

CURSE YOU! :doom:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kurui Reiten posted:

He was brought back by Dormammu and was alive as of Superior Spider-Man #9 in 2019, according to the wiki.

Was Dormammu drunk that day, or did he just need a laugh?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

Was Dormammu drunk that day, or did he just need a laugh?

"Dormammu, I've come to bargain"
"Oh my God could you not be so loud in the morning? Look, I made a lot of bad decisions last night..."

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

They need to reboot Turner D. Century as a dude with a flip phone who talks in Seinfeld and Simpsons quotes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Splint Chesthair posted:

They need to reboot Turner D. Century as a dude with a flip phone who talks in Seinfeld and Simpsons quotes.

And who parties like it's 19-- hold up, it is!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Phoenix #4 (1975)

Green Goblin #11 (1996)

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Green Goblin #11 (1996)

I'll tell you what, I do not miss the 90s fixation on drawing big old strings of drool connecting characters' teeth.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

drat, did I miss Peter David

X-Men Legends #06

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The thought of puking in that helmet, just so gross.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zil posted:

The thought of puking in that helmet, just so gross.

It's Doom's kid, I imagine he was a quick release on the mask.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

From The 6 Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #3

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Phoenix #4 (1975)
UNNH, he grunted tranquilly.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The nice thing about the tranquilaser is that it puts you to sleep BEFORE it burns a hole clean through your chest, so you barely feel it at all!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

It's Doom's kid, I imagine he was a quick release on the mask.

I mean he has magic right? just portal that to a foot above Reed Richard's head, who then science portals it to Hank Pym's toilet, who has spent $40k on plumbers trying to figure out where the sewage is coming from.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Darthemed posted:

Green Goblin #11 (1996)

I like* how I knew that was from the 90s as soon as I scrolled down to the first head.

*There was no liking to be had

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Age of Bronze #11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Taerkar posted:

I like* how I knew that was from the 90s as soon as I scrolled down to the first head.

*There was no liking to be had

It takes a while to scroll down those heads.