Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I thought art of rally was supposed to be added as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

njsykora posted:

Just don't play Showdown.

yes please god listen to njsykora here, showdown is fuckin awful

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Thanks, y'all.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Papes posted:

I thought art of rally was supposed to be added as well

That's Thursday, then Hades on Friday.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

njsykora posted:

That's Thursday, then Hades on Friday.
Ah ok, thanks! Hades is excellent for anyone who hasn’t tried it yet.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I’ve been holding out for Hades to hit the big consoles so I’m looking forward to it.

Also glad to see Evil Genius 2 coming to gamepass, def wanna try that.

I beat Curse of Dead Gods. . . or so I thought. After you climb the tower, a second one opens. I think it’s just hard mode though. That’s got to be one of my rarest achievements at 0.5%.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's an open beta for Back 4 Blood (the new game from the Left 4 Dead creators) that starts Thursday at noon Pacific, if anyone's interested. Link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Back-4-Blood-Open-Beta/9NF5ZGTJS40X?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I'm pretty sure this is one of those day one Game Pass games, too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

There's an open beta for Back 4 Blood (the new game from the Left 4 Dead creators) that starts Thursday at noon Pacific, if anyone's interested. Link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Back-4-Blood-Open-Beta/9NF5ZGTJS40X?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I'm pretty sure this is one of those day one Game Pass games, too.

Is it because they want like $90(or some other ridiculous number) for the complete version which also has MTX.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I tried b4b last weekend
Its ok. Glad i dont have to buy it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Let’s hope they fix this too!

https://twitter.com/hombke/status/1423499337766735875?s=21

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

I tried b4b last weekend
Its ok. Glad i dont have to buy it.

Yeah played the beta a little bit. Not a bad game but not one I'd want to spend money on.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Spent the last few evenings playing through Last Stop, which I think is probably a perfect gamepass game.

Didn't love the way it ended, but it was a really enjoyable adventurey game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just tell me that Disco Elysium is coming to game pass

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Barudak posted:

Just tell me that Disco Elysium is coming to game pass

:yeah:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Art of rally is coming to gamepass?

It wants me to pre order it so I was thinking it was only for purchase.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Laserface posted:

Art of rally is coming to gamepass?

It wants me to pre order it so I was thinking it was only for purchase.

10 hours 48 minutes

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone unlocked the camera in Ascent. The isometric view doesn't grab me, but I'd probably play it if it were first or third person. This looks incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCKrMsRh5FA

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I wanted to love The Ascent, but something about the breadth of the systems they hit you with right out of the gate totally threw me and I got overwhelmed. It's beautiful and I love exploring it, so that's nice.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's crazy how detailed everything is. I wonder if they were playing around with different camera systems during development or something.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1425502946851098626?s=19

The hits just keep coming.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I’m thinking of getting a private server for Conan Exiles since it’s on gamepass and it supports private servers, and playing with goons is always the way to go.

Anyone else interested? Hell I’m also fine with playing on regular servers too, I just want to try playing with a larger group of people.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

This looks like it might actually own, definitely going to try that out via game pass.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I’m thinking of getting a private server for Conan Exiles since it’s on gamepass and it supports private servers, and playing with goons is always the way to go.

Anyone else interested? Hell I’m also fine with playing on regular servers too, I just want to try playing with a larger group of people.

I've been vaguely interested in the game but I wasn't sure if it was the type of game where I was going going keep getting griefed by other players or not.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurtilik posted:

I've been vaguely interested in the game but I wasn't sure if it was the type of game where I was going going keep getting griefed by other players or not.

Well on the plus side, there are private servers and also you can select PvE only mode. I have to say it runs really nicely and for an mmo survival game, the porting to Xbox is pretty good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

One of my friends invited me to play Warzone with him, so I moved my mic over from my PS4 Pro to my Series X so I could chat with him while playing Warzone and it's not working. I did a little bit of Googling and is it true that USB mics don't work on Xbox (or don't work without extra dongles)? If so, that's disappointing :(

It's an old Logitech USB mic that I had for my PC forever ago and I plugged it into my PS4 years ago not expecting it to work, but I was pleasantly surprised when it did. But I guess that's not the case with the Series X?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I might be up for that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lammasu posted:

I might be up for that.

Cool I’ll try and post up a thread in games tonight or tomorrow.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

The Kins posted:

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1425172705137987585

Also confirmed today as coming to Game Pass at some point: Aragami 2, Evil Genius 2, Pupparazzi and Stardew Valley.

EG 2 is coming to just got announced for consoles later this year (q4) so I imagine the console launch will sync with the game pass launch.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

There might already be one. Let me find the thread for it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

There might already be one. Let me find the thread for it.

Oh cool please do. I only could find the PC one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh cool please do. I only could find the PC one.

Yeah I was wrong there only was a Pc thread and I wrongly thought the game was cross play.

Game is fun though so glad you are enjoying it!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I was wrong there only was a Pc thread and I wrongly thought the game was cross play.

Game is fun though so glad you are enjoying it!

Yeah it is so far, but I feel like playing it with a group would be even better, well at least watching Neebs Gaming gives me that impression.

Shame about no cross play. Oh well at least we can have private servers….unlike Rust on console so far.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

One of my friends invited me to play Warzone with him, so I moved my mic over from my PS4 Pro to my Series X so I could chat with him while playing Warzone and it's not working. I did a little bit of Googling and is it true that USB mics don't work on Xbox (or don't work without extra dongles)? If so, that's disappointing :(

It's an old Logitech USB mic that I had for my PC forever ago and I plugged it into my PS4 years ago not expecting it to work, but I was pleasantly surprised when it did. But I guess that's not the case with the Series X?

Only ones that are officially licensed/say they work with Xbox, work with Xbox.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh here is the link for anyone interesting in Goon Based Conan Exiles.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3976127

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

:stare:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Is it just me or are games really horny lately?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Is it just me or are games really horny lately?

Not really. Maybe just more fangirl horny and less chainmail bikini horny.

Unless you count Gabe's hentai storefront.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Not really. Maybe just more fangirl horny and less chainmail bikini horny.

Unless you count Gabe's hentai storefront.

More bisexual horny? Like Hades.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Video games were always horny they were just smaller pixels before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah Ascent does make it hard to like, having sidequests labeled as recommended level 2 putting you into a level 10 zone is just a tad annoying. Just going to plow through the main story and set it to easy if it gets too hard instead of grinding out sidequests. Having fun with the RPG and the homing bullet burst assault rifle on controller, and just switching to a lightning hand cannon with autofire for the robot bosses.