Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Wow. This is art. When people in 100 years ask how their world came to be this clip has to be in the explainer compilation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

The "key" is getting vaccinated you dope.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that coach who has a hard time remembering where he came from is dumber than kirk

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Players should get monetary rewards for creative taunting, the NFL sucks!

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Joe Bucks NFL.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The new taunting rule sucks because you know it's going to be enforced terribly.

Honestly you shouldn't try to limit taunting, but if you're going to do it's gotta be 100% of it. Otherwise you're calling a game like you're an NFL ref--oh.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm guessing Tyreek's peace sign is out

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
On the one hand this new taunting rule is stupid, on the other hand no one was ever topping Winfield's peace sign to Hill anyway.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

You don’t want a bat flipped on you? Don’t throw a meatball right across the plate

You don’t want someone grabbing their crotch and backflipping into the end zone? Don’t let them burn your rear end down the field

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

I can't be the only one who had to google what team he even played for...

Not ideal.

Shinjobi posted:

The new taunting rule sucks because you know it's going to be enforced terribly.

Horns down.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

You don’t want a bat flipped on you? Don’t throw a meatball right across the plate

You don’t want someone grabbing their crotch and backflipping into the end zone? Don’t let them burn your rear end down the field

I hate taunting penalties so much. Remember that game where Denver decided they were just going to attempt to commit murder on Cam Newton, and the only person who got warned about an ejection was a dude who flexed or something?

Edit: lol warned about an injection.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

I'm guessing Tyreek's peace sign is out

Well yeah, Winfield owns that now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
On that video I agree that getting in right in someone's face taunting should be not allowed. But the second one kind of not. Celebrating plays especially big turnovers and scores should be allowed and even encouraged.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
good riddance. how was i supposed to explain giving the peace sign to my children?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trying to find the clip from this documentary where the hurricanes players are talking about the taunting rule video. So far no luck.

https://youtu.be/X6CELCtl0kk

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

N: Hard Knocks starts tonight

V: gently caress the Cowboys

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blowjob Overtime posted:

N: Hard Knocks starts tonight

V: gently caress the Cowboys

Mods please rename this user to Throatzilla

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rule change.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1425217549130731526?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/1425168859393310723

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

They need to add weekly IR, 3 week minimum is still dumb but way less dumb than 8 week

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Very good. Long overdue rule change.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wait they did something cool and good for once? Now add a 2nd bye week and let them smoke weed!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

joe buck's hairplugs should've finished the job

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
Bengals Fans Consume Most Alcoholic Beverages During Games

Views:
Kinda surprised it wasn't Chicago, but considering the Bengals… i understand.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Does this give him Comeback Player of the Year eligibility to go with his Walter Payton?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1425244503439380484

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:
Bengals Fans Consume Most Alcoholic Beverages During Games

Views:
Kinda surprised it wasn't Chicago, but considering the Bengals… i understand.

What the gently caress, Cleveland. Step the gently caress up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yet he still can’t have “Dr.” on his jersey.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

put this on his jersey

https://twitter.com/ChiefsChannel/status/1382353667962060800

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
God I loothe sports casters who can't be arsed to even ask a guys name if they're having trouble remembering. Peak of this is during draft season and we get the "well the florida state running back" motherfucker you've been following him for at least 2 years and you're notes are open while you write this.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That drinking-during-games stat is gonna be dominated by (1) how efficient/overbuilt the concessions are and (2) how little the fans give a poo poo about what’s happening on the field. At 49ers games — both at the Stick and Levi’s — I assumed I’d miss a bunch of plays every time I got up. You couldn’t really just get a drink during a break; you either got up way before the break and so missed plays then or you spent the entire break in line and missed plays on the other side. Or you snuck alcohol in, but then you wouldn’t affect sales.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

Players should get monetary rewards for creative taunting, the NFL sucks!

Make T.O. the sky judge of taunting and allow him to either penalize or award yardage based on the quality of the taunt.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Does this give him Comeback Player of the Year eligibility to go with his Walter Payton?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1425244503439380484
He's a lock for it if bench players are strong considerations

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Has a lineman ever won CPOTY? Seems like that's an award for the vanity positions.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Has a lineman ever won CPOTY? Seems like that's an award for the vanity positions.

no, and looking it up i learned that a kicker won the very first CPOTY award and then a kicker never won it again

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Chad Clifton should've won it in 2003 after having his hip shattered on an illegal, dirty hit by Warren Sapp. The award went to some scrub QB instead.

quote:

As a result of his injury, Clifton missed the rest of the season, was hospitalized for almost a week, and could not walk unaided for five more weeks.

quote:

Clifton returned in 2003 to start all 16 regular season games and two more games in the playoffs. He played all 1,031 offensive snaps that season and contributed to establishing a team record for fewest sacks allowed in a season with 19.

iPhone Money
Nov 4, 2009
Dak has it on lock.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

iPhone Money posted:

Dak has it on lock.

On the other hand: Fat Mike is his coach

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

On the other hand: Fat Mike is his coach

Until he got hurt he was going crazy last year.

Mostly because the Cowboys got into a bunch of really dumb shootouts and got to play against the Falcons when they had a big lead. But he really was going off.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Falcons should be more embarrassed about that game than 28-3, especially in the way they lost it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

iPhone Money posted:

Dak has it on lock.

Idunno, that seems like a stretch for a QB I would personally rate at #10 overall. That's just my opinion though.