Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cromwell Berlin, high school history teacher. Literally only teaches what he sees on the history channel. All the lessons are about ancient aliens and restoring old coke machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hadley Amherst, real estate agent with a popular "primitive" decor Etsy

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Orange Wendell, the guy who Arreted Development's song Mr Wendell is about!

What? You don't remember that song? It was huge in like 1991.

Or if that's an H not an N, Orahge Wendell, Dutch champion snowboard racer and sex criminal.

Roger, all your personas are sex criminals.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Roger, all your personas are sex criminals.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, that one's across the board. The law does NOT let you pick and choose!" *chuckles*

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can hear all this in my head so clearly.

I can't help but wonder if there isn't an episode in the future about Hayley starting an onlyfans like sight and its all just a lead up to a joke about how Steve's been spanking it to her the whole time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

twistedmentat posted:

I can hear all this in my head so clearly.

I can't help but wonder if there isn't an episode in the future about Hayley starting an onlyfans like sight and its all just a lead up to a joke about how Steve's been spanking it to her the whole time.

There was that ep where Roger painted a nude Hayley (but omitted her head), and Steve jacked it to that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Davros1 posted:

There was that ep where Roger painted a nude Hayley (but omitted her head), and Steve jacked it to that.

Yup, and that seems like a modern extension to this. AD writers seem pretty on the ball with popular cultural trends and that seems like a something you can get jokes out of.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This episode is amazing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Davros1 posted:

But holy crap Double Jointed Hayley running

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Daaaamn old lady!

This is my favorite episode of the season so far, Francine brings the fun once again.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Remember when Langley was a Dc suburb? They reference Washington all the time in the early seasons but in the later seasons it’s it’s own metro area almost with chimdale. Nationals references in the baseball episode is like the only remnant of that I think

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Remember when Langley was a Dc suburb? They reference Washington all the time in the early seasons but in the later seasons it’s it’s own metro area almost with chimdale. Nationals references in the baseball episode is like the only remnant of that I think

I don't remember that at all. I always assumed that Langley Falls was just Langley, but named slightly different for whatever reason. Maybe Seth didn't want to get sued by the town?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Daaaamn old lady!

This is my favorite episode of the season so far, Francine brings the fun once again.

It was like a recall to that line from Julia Rogerts (one of my favorite episodes)

"I haven't had a bone in my desert in years"
"daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, old lady!"

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Chris Knight posted:

The 2nd didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but I do like the 1st one quite a bit.

100% this. Hell, get rid of my boo gangtag and give me this one lol

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Yeah I think my gang tags will be complete with the francine one.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

You're a dour man, Uzi Knesset, but I love you. i asked you not to and you built a settlement on my heart.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lmao that ep was great.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Chaotic Flame posted:

Same I like it a lot

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I love how Hayley says topliaries

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Chaotic Flame posted:

Why not both?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Francine drinking white wine from a big gulp cup and taking a 10 AM nap made me really nostalgic for the summer vacations of my college years.

That lady has life all figured out.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Steve was way too enthused about marrying his mother.

Also, I was weirdly bothered that they spelled "District" wrong in the logo in the court scene.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I wasn't too weirded out by the Steve line, mostly because it feels like the entire town has come to the same conclusion that Francine is a solid 10. Like the rules of the town are Francine is hot, the CIA therapist is cloned every other week, and a solid third of the town has the same gray skin tone.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Small White Dragon posted:

Also, I was weirdly bothered that they spelled "District" wrong in the logo in the court scene.

We'd all be thrilled to marry francine, let's be honest

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Something I've noticed on other sites is that for some reason everyone sticks a d in Roger and it really makes me question the future for this world that it has people that stupid in it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

drrockso20 posted:

Something I've noticed on other sites is that for some reason everyone sticks a d in Roger and it really makes me question the future for this world that it has people that stupid in it

Look, he made those glory holes himself. Roger wants that d in him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I could not read d in any other way

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Thundersword238 posted:

I wasn't too weirded out by the Steve line, mostly because it feels like the entire town has come to the same conclusion that Francine is a solid 10. Like the rules of the town are Francine is hot, the CIA therapist is cloned every other week, and a solid third of the town has the same gray skin tone.

You forgot one more rule: The Bazooka Sharks, they rule. They dominate the arena football league.

Also, there's a talking fish frequently spotted about town with various boys who's existence is never questioned.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Well at least they got sience bilding right

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

You forgot one more rule: The Bazooka Sharks, they rule. They dominate the arena football league.

Also, there's a talking fish frequently spotted about town with various boys who's existence is never questioned.

Sky Crooner, no!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I thought Langley Falls was in Virginia for some reason. :confused: Anyway, there's a semi-recent episode -- of course I can't remember the exact details or the name of the episode name -- in which Roger & Steve keep getting distracted while trying to achieve some goal, and one of their distractions is going to a Nats game. That's the last DC reference I can remember.

If Francine wasn't his mama, lord you know he'd try to bone. This is an established fact.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always thought Langly Falls was a planned community for CIA agents and staff, that grew into a town over the decades so not everyone works for the Company that lives in the town. Don't forget the actual Langly, where the CIA HQ is, is just across the Potomac from Washington, so Roger and Steve going into the see the Nationals is probably not a problem.

Looking at the map to make sure my memory was accurate, I always forget how dense the US east coast is. Like NYC and Washington can only be a few hours drive or train ride apart, and between them you got Philly and Baltimore. No wonder all the sci fi stuff has Megacity-1 there. I'm sure that drive does not for a moment goes through open country. In Canada it takes like 3 days to drive to the next major city.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I thought Langley Falls was in Virginia for some reason. :confused:

Langley Falls is defintely in Virginia. Like the other poster said the geography wrt Maryland and Virginia is really packed and feels like a Megacity. When I was in DC and traveled somewhere else I was never sure if I was in DC, Maryland or Virginia, it all blends together.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

twistedmentat posted:

Looking at the map to make sure my memory was accurate, I always forget how dense the US east coast is. Like NYC and Washington can only be a few hours drive or train ride apart, and between them you got Philly and Baltimore. No wonder all the sci fi stuff has Megacity-1 there.

In geographical terms, the eastern seaboard is literally a megalopolis.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
It's Megacity One!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Langley Falls is in Virginia. That’s beyond dispute. Early seasons it was a bedroom community of Washington D.C. now it feels like D.C. just isn’t mentioned and it’s much farther away than real Langley, perhaps outside the NoVa region entirely, such that rather than a small suburb Langley exists more as a small city and the center of its metro area with Chimdale.

Just something I’ve noticed that the series’ “sense of place” has shifted from “this is DC” to “this is a Simpson’s type quirky small town that’s also big enough to have all sorts of big amenities with its own name attached.”

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 11, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Peacocking, baby!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Langley Falls is in Virginia. That’s beyond dispute. Early seasons it was a bedroom community of Washington D.C. now it feels like D.C. just isn’t mentioned and it’s much farther away than real Langley, perhaps outside the NoVa region entirely, such that rather than a small suburb Langley exists more as a small city and the center of its metro area with Chimdale.

Just something I’ve noticed that the series’ “sense of place” has shifted from “this is DC” to “this is a Simpson’s type quirky small town that’s also big enough to have all sorts of big amenities with its own name attached.”

But its still close enough to the CIA HQ (isn't it called the George Bush Center or something now?) that Stan can drive to it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

But its still close enough to the CIA HQ (isn't it called the George Bush Center or something now?) that Stan can drive to it.

"The George Bush Center for Intelligence "

Holy poo poo I did not know this, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Brawnfire posted:

"The George Bush Center for Intelligence "

Holy poo poo I did not know this, lmao

More like George Bush Center for torture and overthrowing democratically elected countries to protect US Company Profits.

I like how Stan had a B plot that no one cared about.