Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

tonight's din

* nathan's bun length, first grilled then i threw in a splash of shaoxing (seriously i use the poo poo for EVERYTHING now) and put a lid on to steam
* spicy brown
* lightly toasted regular rear end white buns (like me!)
* grilled onions and anaheim peppers and for a lark i put on that stuff i bought that i cant find a use for because i dont eat beef much, montreal steak seasoning. just did a few shakes and let everything cook down for about 20 minutes. turns out i figured out what to use montreal steak seasoning for. it ended up SO good and if i had made 4, i would have eaten 4 hot dogs for dinner and been too full

id eat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
hell, same.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
not sure if my last second, half drunk decision to put cheese on the top was a good idea or not, but at any rate i have quiche now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Stringent posted:

recently a few indian places around tokyo started doing decent biryani and it's been :discourse:

Is there such a thing as indian/japanese fusion food? I guess to an extent Japanese curry is an extension of Indian curry.

I like using those Japanese curry roux cubes, with a bit of garam masala when i'm feeling lazy and want to make some quick lentils.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Is there such a thing as indian/japanese fusion food? I guess to an extent Japanese curry is an extension of Indian curry.

I like using those Japanese curry roux cubes, with a bit of garam masala when i'm feeling lazy and want to make some quick lentils.

i just had some chicken manchurian in an indian restaurant in china the other day

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

i just had some chicken manchurian in an indian restaurant in china the other day

Nice, I ordered some indian takeout yesterday and am eating a leftover samosa for breakfast today.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im gonna cook an eggplant tomorrow. might make a curry out of it or maybe ill bake it with a pound of garlic and peppers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
eggplant so good i need to pick some up yeah

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

inspired i an going spice-shopping and will see if i can't manage a nice indian curry at home. one of those that is cheap and good as takeout, so never tried, but tkr day has come

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

mediaphage posted:

speaking of food tho i planted some corn again today that i’ve been starting under a wire cage. fuckin chipmunks ate all but three of the ones i planted before so we’re trying again; hopefully this time they’re big enough that they don’t get too bothered

that's definitely corn. sweet corn? i grew some a couple years ago at a community garden kind of deal. i went like every day when the corn was flowering and cut off a male flower to dust pollen by hand onto the nascent corn silks. i did get a few mostly-full cobs but i had big problems with weeds and keeping everything well-hydrated despite the weeds and soil. the cobs i did get were very good though.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i never knew i wanted butter chicken maki sushi but now i do

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
let's talk about running a carbon wok on an electric (coil) range

I know, "don't" "just pay $10,000 to get a gas line and range run to your rental", etc

is there an angle? i see flat bottoms pushed a lot, but there are some who say you can use a round bottom one with a wok ring and it works alright.

evidently smaller portions and not crowding it is the key in this situation, which is good b/c i cook for one

I will say that i'm pretty comfortable using my cast iron skillet as a pseudo wok, so if i won't really gain anything by switching that up, i'll shut up.

now soliciting hot takes

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290 posted:

I know, "don't" "just pay $10,000 to get a gas line and range run to your rental", etc
Or spend like $200 for a propane tank and a proper burner?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Yeah this was what people in GWS said when I asked a similar question there a couple weeks ago.

You can also get some sort of adapter for some grills apparently.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

mystes posted:

Yeah this was what people in GWS said when I asked a similar question there a couple weeks ago.

You can also get some sort of adapter for some grills apparently.
Yeah but then he'd have to wok all the way outside :j:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I just stir fry smallish amounts on my coil stove and it's fine for me. Your real option if you want that wok hei is to do this:

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

yeah this seems like it could be the ticket

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
propane outside

remember, fan death is part euphemism for suicide part excuses for co poisoning from hosed up propane and woodbur ing cooking and heatin setups

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
im not saying jonny should run teh burner inside but whats teh difference exactly between runnign a gas burner off a bottle and running one off a gas range? assuming you crack a window or something it should be fine right

e: like something like this is prob availaible in teh us of a

https://www.kitchenwarehouse.nz/products/1-wok-burner-nz-glass-top-certified-gas-stove-for-indoor-use?_pos=3&_sid=e78b04b9a&_ss=r

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Is there such a thing as indian/japanese fusion food?

not in japan

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

well yeah. if it does exist it has to be in the place equidistant from each country. that’s how it works.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

let's talk about running a carbon wok on an electric (coil) range

is there an angle? i see flat bottoms pushed a lot, but there are some who say you can use a round bottom one with a wok ring and it works alright.

evidently smaller portions and not crowding it is the key in this situation, which is good b/c i cook for one

I will say that i'm pretty comfortable using my cast iron skillet as a pseudo wok, so if i won't really gain anything by switching that up, i'll shut up.

now soliciting hot takes

i think you should just pay $10,000 to get a gas line and range run to your rental

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

no way jose. that’s how they pump the covid bacteria into your house. i ripped the gas line off my meter outside but now it smells funny outside.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

build one of these outside jonny. he's using propane tanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GXTCWsWq48

he said he goes through about a full tank per hour of cooking iirc

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what even is food?

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what even is food?

A fuckin scam made up by the restaurant and grocery industries to make $$$.

Humans. Do. Not. Need. Food. The body makes all of the nutrition it needs.

it's called cum

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shoeberto posted:

A fuckin scam made up by the restaurant and grocery industries to make $$$.

Humans. Do. Not. Need. Food. The body makes all of the nutrition it needs.

it's called cum

*alex jones voice*
hell yeah brother

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

President Beep posted:

well yeah. if it does exist it has to be in the place equidistant from each country. that’s how it works.

yeah that's why greece is a hotbed of mexican/korean fusion

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
alright gently caress it i'm gonna build an outdoor burner/kitchen setup with a Fires Of Satan tier burner and just refill the propane tank twice a month. i still have two 20lb tanks left over from hausbus days

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Ohhh that dude has the oil and water pots for spooning ready to go, i'm not nearly as cool as this motherfucker. he's wok'ing correctly

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

build one of these outside jonny. he's using propane tanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GXTCWsWq48

he said he goes through about a full tank per hour of cooking iirc

i really, really, really love this poo poo. just everything about it. i miss this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

made the eggplant and pea curry from the book fresh india, but i didn’t have peas so i left them out. tasted good. also did a chicken and pepper stir fry. good lunch

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

alright gently caress it i'm gonna build an outdoor burner/kitchen setup with a Fires Of Satan tier burner and just refill the propane tank twice a month. i still have two 20lb tanks left over from hausbus days
sounds like a good wok from home setup

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Kenny Logins posted:

:vince:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

yospos food thread: sounds like a good wok from home setup

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Kenny Logins posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

boy howdy, allow me to recommend mezzetta tamed to you

https://www.mezzetta.com/product/10106129.html

yo i got some of these and they are delicious.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yo that's a good looking pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I made another with hatch chili and black garlic