Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol

dean ambrose won every belt there is to win in wwe, that's an unsuccessful run right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he didn't win the green royaliest rumble belt, and he never will

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edit: Nevermind. Better for the general bad takes thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Generico posted:

He's Mancow's stunt boy?

Yes he's going to crash a Geo Metro into a building.

Originally I posted that as a wacky joke but the more I think about Turd and his relationship to Mancow the more it fits.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It rules that Jim is committed to humiliating everyone who defends his ability as a historian.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

We need better historians

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Didn’t Cornette book Kevin Sullivan to bleed somebody at Smoky Mountain TV?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Mox/Ambrose won everything there was to win in the WWE. If he was a failure there, then by that standard very very few ever actually made it.

I’m not as up to speed as others on here about JC, I don’t really know what his Thing is regarding current wrestling/AEW, but if THAT is the standard level for his hot takes then I’m doing well to ignore.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/SeanPadraig87/status/1421220433672622083

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Out of morbid curiosity I checked in on the Twitter feed of the Cornpilled idiot who jumped the guardrail and he spends his time yelling about how he doesn't like either promotion (despite retweeting people talking up WWE), claiming he's working on something 'special' and hilariously says he could beat up Nick Gage despite himself being shown the door by an announcer.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

I'm sure advertisers want to be associated with a guy using trans identity as a heel move

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Didn’t new jack use a pizza cutter quite a few times in his career?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Corncobbers are having a bad faith shitfit over how AEW reportedly suspending Max Caster is homophobia.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mandy, hows your booking fees

https://twitter.com/mandyleonxo/status/1424790233757929476?s=21

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
remember when jim was fired from NWA commentary for making a racist joke that he tried to defend by saying actually it was a starvation joke

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol she limited who can comment on this tweet

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Jr. Face posted:

lol she limited who can comment on this tweet

people started making the hottub connection

https://twitter.com/WolfBible/status/1425124860745846789

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1425158493011578886

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Also...she's worked alongside Omega. Who Jim has repeatedly insinuated was a pedophile with zero basis in fact.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...tm_source=share

Hell has officially frozen over.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Punk will have a match against Kenny or the Bucks and Cornette will immediately think Punk’s bad now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Corny goes where the money is and he can see that the wagon and wind is blowing AEW's direction so he's going to be doing a slight shift to try and catch the wave because if AEW catches fire you will not get far being the contrarian negative voice to overwhelming popularity when the overwhelming popularity makes even more money.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Gotta say they did something well if you want to say they hosed it up in a weeks time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Gotta say they did something well if you want to say they hosed it up in a weeks time.

It’ll be ruined when he gives too much (read: anything) to Darby at All Out.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Now if AEW's business grows, he can say "well yeah, they have Punk (and Bryan)" and if it doesn't grow, he can say "those idiots managed to gently caress up Punk's return."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-EMwx1u2jQ

lol

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Don't make me click on that, please.
Great thumbnail, tho.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The South Park art never stops being funny in that sad way.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Seeing this bumped reminded me that my buddy checked out AEW BECAUSE of Cornette.

Cornette made him think AEW was going to be an early TNA style trainwreck on a billion dollar budget and then he was pleasantly surprised and also mildly disappointed that it was actually good.

He's a lapsed fan so he was unaware of anything Cornette has said or done for like a decade. I guess one of his rants randomly popped up on his YouTube recommendations.

He also said something like "did you know Cornette is super loving racist now!?" I wanted to say "now?" but I just let it go.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

cornette had a weird bill maher liberal phase years ago which was also when he built up a lot of his good will with the iwc, i think it fooled a lot of people into thinking he wasn't a racist

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It’s the Lincoln Project playbook. If you say enough insulting things about Trump it doesn’t matter what you’ve done in the past you’re part of the #Resistance

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's incredible someone can be wrong that many times in ten minutes. Even his comments section are like, "lol jim"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Need a summary from a brave poster

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Going by the pic they finally put him in the old folks home but they only show him wrestling he doesn’t like

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Thinks it will all be bad. Hopes Punk slows Darby down to have a good match. Uses same stupid names he uses for everyone. Is wrong top to bottom except he predicts Cole and Bryan debuting and says it's blowing your load.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Ivypls posted:

cornette had a weird bill maher liberal phase years ago which was also when he built up a lot of his good will with the iwc, i think it fooled a lot of people into thinking he wasn't a racist

That's part of it but he also built up goodwill with people from Western PA by making GBS threads on Mark Madden.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

weekly font posted:

Thinks it will all be bad. Hopes Punk slows Darby down to have a good match. Uses same stupid names he uses for everyone. Is wrong top to bottom except he predicts Cole and Bryan debuting and says it's blowing your load.

Oh I thought he watched it never mind just more boring corn

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Thanks for your service nonetheless poster weekly font

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ivypls posted:

He did a spot on Citizen Radio because one of the now disgraced hosts was a wrestling fan. Then almost a month later he said Muslims live in caves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ivypls posted:

Cornette and Maher are basically the same person.