Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Would love to know what brand/model watch it was.

Well it was one of his two Vietnam deployments, so somewhere from 1967-1970, that's as much as I can narrow it down

Blind Rasputin posted:

Weirdest thing about Ebola is that after infection it can still be found in semen for like 6 months to a year? And theoretically transmitted that way. Ebola is stored in the balls is an actual thing.

If I recovered and then had to treat my bathroom as a level 4 hot zone cleanup every time I jerked off for a year, I'd literally rather the virus have killed me

GD_American fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Aug 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Jerk off over a fire.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

GD_American posted:

Well it was one of his two Vietnam deployments, so somewhere from 1967-1970, that's as much as I can narrow it down

If I recovered and then had to treat my bathroom as a level 4 hot zone cleanup every time I jerked off for a year, I'd literally rather the virus have killed me

The good news is, it's more likely than not to kill you!

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

GD_American posted:

There's a couple of wrist watch brands that were associated with Vietnam-based US troops. Tudor, Ollech & Wajs and Seiko comes to mind. I'm not into Vietnam lore enough to know what was issued and/or bought by who, though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

GD_American posted:

One of my father's NAMs was for, as an E6, climbing into a poo poo tank on an underway sub to find what was blocking them being able to vent it. They had tried and tried to pressure up the tank and blow out what they thought was a clog, but it never worked.

So the engineering section talked about what to do, he refused to order any of his men to go in there, so he volunteered. They gave him every bit of antibiotic they could, greased up his skin, gave him a cork for his rear end, put him in a chemsuit, taped the ankles and wrists around the gloves, and off he went. He found out what was blocking the valve.

It was a pretty nice watch, with a personalized engraving to an E-3 on board. I was dying to hear about how that went down, but he was in decon when the captain handled it, and the E-3 didn't work for him.

Part of the deal with him going in the tank was that he was authorized Hollywood showers for the remainder of the cruise, and he loved showing that off.

yo this is an awesome story

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Senate vote-a-rama done on the Democrat-only reconciliation bill worth $3.5T and Bernie's driving the train. Details to be filled out this/next month, Senate parliamentarian kills some random poo poo, one more vote-a-rama, then it's off to the House.

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1425376517207515138?s=19

Really does look like the Georgia elections are going to be directly responsible for $4.5T in spending (COVID bill and this megainfrastructure bill) that absolutely wouldn't have happened otherwise.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

facialimpediment posted:

save this for when the thread gets really hot takey again

https://twitter.com/TonyDungy/status/1424794141255356442?s=19

What the gently caress man don’t drop that poo poo on me like that! Creepy rear end case of fuckfaceitis in the wild lol.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

facialimpediment posted:

Please allow for a personal update - after badgering the gently caress out of the urologist and the hospital, I got in to have the kidney stones removed aaaaand no stones. The stent apparently made the room for them to pass, so they poked around, couldn't find anything, and I go for an ultrasound in a month.

Meanwhile, the local school boards and poo poo are pissed at the Republican deathcult governors and they appear to be winning it legally.

https://twitter.com/BudKennedy/status/1425233916500316162?s=19

Back in January I had one, after the examination I had to give them a pee test and the fucker came out in the cup. Wish I'd done that before they charged me for everything.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

not caring here posted:

Every group of motorcyclists has it's dickheads. Plenty with the Japanese bike crowds, you got a few snobby dickheads with the UK and Italian bikes. I used to ride an Indian, and there were a few holier than thou dipshits there as well. But for the most part, they are all very inclusive and just like riding bikes.

But you will never, ever, find a higher concentration of loving fart huffing poo poo barons than harley riders. You'll have the few outliers who have some cool old harley that's been restored or done up or something interesting about it, and they get out there and ride around and have a good time. But your average Harley riders are out there for image. Fat old white guys playing Barbie. They wear all the harley gear, they put the loudest exhausts they can on there, and if it isn't harley then they are actively hostile to it. They are also the worst source of riding and bike advice that you've ever seen, which you can tell immediately by looking at the pristine front brake discs, and discolored, pitted rears. When in packs they actively try to intimidate car drivers, have an intense hatred of anyone who rides a Japanese bike, and make themselves a huge annoyance to everyone around them.

I thought that south park episode "the F word" about harley riders was a bit of an exaggeration, but if you've ever been down A1A on a sunny day, or any nice, low speed stretch of road with plenty of people, you will see a whole crowd of these nutsacks blocking the entire road, holding in their clutch and revving hard trying to make as much noise and get as much attention as possible. Then possibly stalling and laying down their bike, and being terrified of even the slightest corner.

Harley is the brand for people who want to advertise how tough they are, no really, we're tough, and totally aren't compensating for the small wang/divorce/estranged kids/being shunned for bigotry.

So there's a cheap dive bar like 5 blocks from my house in Michigan but the parking lot is constantly full of Harleys and the one time I went in to maybe meet some neighbors it was just a bunch of sad meth heads, who were in fact my neighbors, and the Harley dudes. When you Google it the first result is about a dude getting shot to death in the parking lot last year and occasionally the Harley guys cat-call at my fiancee when she's outside doing lawn stuff.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

As Nero Danced posted:

Back in January I had one, after the examination I had to give them a pee test and the fucker came out in the cup. Wish I'd done that before they charged me for everything.

...wouldn't you feel it before hand? I'm just curious because I've been having ruq back spasms and now I'm worried that my x is currently breaking

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Nuclear Tourist posted:

There's a couple of wrist watch brands that were associated with Vietnam-based US troops. Tudor, Ollech & Wajs and Seiko comes to mind. I'm not into Vietnam lore enough to know what was issued and/or bought by who, though.

https://youtu.be/kWp6hZ-5ndc

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

As Nero Danced posted:

I had the follow-up surgery yesterday - the surgeon went in to bust-up/remove the 3mm and 6mm stones that they pushed out of the way two weeks ago. They found nothing - either they passed over the past weeks, or removing the stent at the start dragged out the clots, or the stones moved up into my weird, deformed inverted horseshoe kidneys. Doc said he double-checked every nook and cranny he could up there before pulling the final guide wire and sending me home. Three hours later the borderline hospitalization-level pain restarted and I was Very Not Happy until I got in touch with the doc after a second emergency call.

He mentioned all the above and raised the possibility that it could be a simple blood clot on its way out and to pound some ibuprofen. Sure as poo poo, after a pharmacy trip, a smooshed pea-rear end tadpole looking motherfucker popped out.

TheWeedNumber posted:

What the gently caress man don’t drop that poo poo on me like that! Creepy rear end case of fuckfaceitis in the wild lol.

Yeah I'm not going to share aforementioned tadpole looking motherfucker :v:

Also, I believe the net cost to me for all this poo poo is about $100 in pills and sidecosts. HMOs are fine when they cover hospital poo poo and you have a good primary care doctor for referrals. It was funny seeing a $2500 base surgery charge, the plan only approving/paying like $400, then owing nothing. Still waiting for the 3day/2night hospital stay to post which should be the same.

How I felt after the clot passed: https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1425332998665248770?s=19

Edit2: just passed another clot, it's like the surgeon turned my kidney into a frog abortion factory

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 11, 2021

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Milo and POTUS posted:

...wouldn't you feel it before hand? I'm just curious because I've been having ruq back spasms and now I'm worried that my x is currently breaking

I did, it hurt like a sonofabitch. When I was filling the cup I heard a "tink" and saw a little grain of sand at the bottom. gently caress kidney stones.

e: for me the pain started on my right side and got progressively worse, and I thought it was a bowel obstruction or my appendix (wasn't really towards my back). Nope, gave birth to a little rock golem named Spite.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 11, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

I didn't! But my piss smelled bad off/on and it looked like it was coming out carbonated when clear, didn't think anything of it, then a week later the stone jammed everything up.

It likely depends on where your back spasms are. I was basically this dude: http://imgur.com/a/s2kMtxO

Stones can be detected either via ultrasound or CT scan (mine was without oral contrast, thank gently caress), so unfortunately it's not a cheap thing to check without insurance.

Edit: https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1425447308750213122?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 11, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Maybe you guys heard, but I missed the news last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuPnKfpls8M

Archer season 12.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Oo nice i haven't seen archer since the detective agency season where the chick was humping archer specifically at a quarter to three or whenever

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I watched last season but I'm at a complete loss to remember anything about it, probably something to do with Barry. The jungle island treasure hunt in the 30s is the last one I remember in any detail.

I wonder if they got all of Jessica Walter's lines recorded before she died.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

facialimpediment posted:

I didn't! But my piss smelled bad off/on and it looked like it was coming out carbonated when clear, didn't think anything of it, then a week later the stone jammed everything up.

It likely depends on where your back spasms are. I was basically this dude: http://imgur.com/a/s2kMtxO

Stones can be detected either via ultrasound or CT scan (mine was without oral contrast, thank gently caress), so unfortunately it's not a cheap thing to check without insurance.

Edit: https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1425447308750213122?s=19

Ffffuck I was hoping I could get away with an xray for imaging. I've been having a shitton of trouble with my ruq for literally years but if it was stones it probably should have materialized by now right

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1425349576333082624?s=19

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1425446550260658183?s=19

https://twitter.com/KyleJGlen/status/1425393616395046915?s=19

They have the rotor blades as well. I for one think it would be hilarious if the Taliban used Hinds while taking Kabul

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I wonder if they got all of Jessica Walter's lines recorded before she died.

They said recording had already wrapped.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/SenatePPG/status/1425330329397731331?s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What crime wave? Did he mean heat wave because that’s way more relevant in my life.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
No you see that Heat is actually your GTA wanted level due to all the crime...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It’s not legal to smoke the marijuana in public here but I was smoking in a parking lot a few days ago and someone said “it’s not legal to do that please leave” and now I’m responsible for 100k more uniformed police officers.

Sorry folks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Did you call them a square before riding off on your skate board

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

vote!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Found the next conservative boycott

https://twitter.com/ew/status/1425133629164904457?s=21

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'm the #resistance lib in the replies smugly pointing out that actually this was a Joe Biden idea, so it's not fair to credit Hawley with it

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Unbelievable. Just disgusting. These SJWs are just queering everything, including the teenage gymnast who lives with a reclusive billionaire and prances around at night, fighting crime in a bespoke skintight outfit.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Unbelievable. Just disgusting. These SJWs are just queering everything, including the teenage gymnast who lives with a reclusive billionaire and prances around at night, fighting crime in a bespoke skintight outfit.

Yeah! Don't they realize that only *hot women* are allowed to be bi in comics? :colbert:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Assuming that really worked out to 100k new cops that's about three NYPDs.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Assuming that really worked out to 100k new cops that's about three NYPDs.

I'd also fathom that anyone who's *enthusiastic* about becoming a cop in the present climate isn't looking to "be a new kind of cop." >.>

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Everyone loves Robin.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I was watching Batman Forever last month with my wife, and I hadn't watched it since I was a kid, but we both laughed because Bruce was full on grooming Robin when he comes to his house after his parents die. Granted Robin in the movie is in his mid-20s but still.

Anyways, :lol: at anyone who gets upset about this.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Is dejoy ever going to get removed?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

I was watching Batman Forever last month with my wife, and I hadn't watched it since I was a kid, but we both laughed because Bruce was full on grooming Robin when he comes to his house after his parents die. Granted Robin in the movie is in his mid-20s but still.

Guarantee you anyone who gets upset about this has a history of making "Robin is gay" jokes for years before hand.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Reminder: this is a vote-a-rama amendment that actually doesn't do anything and won't be in the final bill. It's nonbinding and bullshit, like all vote-a-rama amendments, they're just dumb poo poo for advertisements. Hawley wanted to do ads saying DEMOCRATS WANT TO DEFUND POLICE (see vote 15$72626) and it won't. Vote-a-rama amendments are all bullshit messaging and no more.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ffffuck I was hoping I could get away with an xray for imaging. I've been having a shitton of trouble with my ruq for literally years but if it was stones it probably should have materialized by now right

Stones are very weird - when I had my kidney stent in, it caused my right testicle to go AAaaaAAaaA at random intervals because the nerves are so tied together. Kidney stones generally cause lower quadrant pain. Basically, you probably need a full doctor workup, as stones make themselves very, very clear and there's usually not much of an in-between.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 11, 2021

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'd also fathom that anyone who's *enthusiastic* about becoming a cop in the present climate isn't looking to "be a new kind of cop." >.>

I dunno, I just looked and rookie cops in my city start at $95k lmao

Hell yeah I'll nap in a cruiser and ignore calls for that kind of money

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Handsome Ralph posted:

My favorite Batman adopting Robin tale was from All-Star when his parents die at the circus so Batman stuffs him in the batmobile and takes him away with plenty of very unnecessary slurs peppered through the dialogue. During this chase sequence we cutaway to Superman crushing a milk carton that has Robin's picture on it.

quote:

Clark Kent either drank this carton of milk fifteen hours before Dick Grayson was kidnapped by Batman, and thus it is a magical prescient carton of milk, OR it's actually been a long enough ride in the Batmobile for Dick to have been reported missing, for his name to get to the missing persons groups, for them to submit his information to the milk company, for the milk company to print the cartons, distribute the cartons, and then for Clark Kent to go to the grocery store and buy the carton of milk. Let's see, by my rough estimate, that means that Batman and Dick have been on the way to the Batcave for, oh, about FIVE loving WEEKS now.

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox7/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
You might find this interesting, it’s about Wagner in Syria.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/8iaz6xit26/the-lost-tablet-and-the-secret-documents