Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

50 rolls, hit soft pity and won the flip, but got c7/8 xinyan and no sayu :negative:

My C13 Xinyan says hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm looking forward to trying a Childe/Yoimiya comp. I think Fischl or Kaz/Suc/Venti and Bennett should feel good.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 11, 2021

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Finished the last bits of inazuma last night and drat. Those huge, elaborate multiminipuzzle superpuzzles, absolutely loving them. The electro poo poo was super annoying, but I guess it serves a good enough purpose to justify its existence.

Got Sayu in 20, making my last 3 of my last 4 new chars anemo. Barely touched anemo before inazuma, now easily my favourite element.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

sushibandit posted:

AFAIK they're not used for leveling any characters or weapons either, so a large quantity shouldn't really be needed for anything?

You'll use, in general, four per day. Even just grabbing them from the three teleport points where they're right there and it's less than 30 seconds, and missing most of them, you're still looking at ~7 per day for minimal effort. I'd imagine it's harder with KB/M or mobile, but no you shouldn't pull Sayu because she makes flies and crabs easier.

You should pull for Sayu because she decreases your daily artifact farm time, speeds up overworld in general, makes crabs/flies easier to get just running around, and on top of that is a pretty good character for your heal slot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kater posted:

I can’t tell if sayu’s passive does anything at all. Frig.

i wasn't doing a ton of messing with it but did come across several lizards that were just chilling so i could grab them

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
After about 70 pulls the 50/50 gave me a C2 Mona which I’m not super upset about, I use her a lot and she’s arguably my favorite but boy I was really hoping for Yoimiya. Her style just looks really cool to me.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's mostly just an annoyance that I'll teleport to the Petra domain and can grab 1, maybe 2 crystalflies before they all rocket into the stratosphere. The ones by the Dawn Winery statue run the risk of you activating the statue instead of catching the flies, and then they are long gone.

Like, it's not that it's hard to grab the crystals you need for the day it's just way more annoying than it needs to be.

The trick is to teleport to Petra domain and grab 1 or 2 crystalflies. Then run outside and around (where speed plate daily commission happens) and grab another 1 or 2 at the first rock (found the best success rate is climbing it and jumping from it towards the crystalflies rather than running to them straight). Then run upside and gliding back towards the domain through the hole grab 1 - 4 more. Then jump down to geo slimes and grab the last one.

Even on super miserable days I get at least 4 crystalflies from here, usually it's more like 6 - 7.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's guaranteed flies at the wind tree as well in moonstadt.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The way that it works is that if you have her the crystalflies no longer get scared by you running. they will still get scared and fly up by battle or you grabbing one. I think it's pretty annoying, but w/e. The best place to farm imo is next to the dawn winery. theres a bunch in a circle around the building (in the fields) and since they're not right next to each other grabbing one doesnt scare the others.

lol, not to get too involved in this debate, btu I do think grabbing them is a huge unneccesary pain in the rear end. like the two next to the statue of the 7 next to the winery. literally 100% of the time, they are too far to grab by the time I load in. like what's the point? I wouldn't mind if they flew horizontally (as it appears they do on some platforms) but straight up is really annoying and I wish sayu just trivialized them totally.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I've just played for a few days, and liking it so far. I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but I've followed the thread for the last few days without seeing anyone ask the same, so I'll try anyway. Should you save enhancement ore or character exp material or just spend it? As far as I understand, it should be pretty safe to just spend any enhancement ore since you'll get most of it back if you use the same weapon as material for another enhance, correct? What about experience? I can level up the 4 characters I have now I guess, but will I regret it if I get some other characters down the line?

I guess in short: Are there any materials/items I should not spend until I understand more?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirello posted:

The way that it works is that if you have her the crystalflies no longer get scared by you running. they will still get scared and fly up by battle or you grabbing one. I think it's pretty annoying, but w/e. The best place to farm imo is next to the dawn winery. theres a bunch in a circle around the building (in the fields) and since they're not right next to each other grabbing one doesnt scare the others.

lol, not to get too involved in this debate, btu I do think grabbing them is a huge unneccesary pain in the rear end. like the two next to the statue of the 7 next to the winery. literally 100% of the time, they are too far to grab by the time I load in. like what's the point? I wouldn't mind if they flew horizontally (as it appears they do on some platforms) but straight up is really annoying and I wish sayu just trivialized them totally.

This reminds me I should try to grab the ones on Dawn Winery roof now - they always flew always as I was climbing it before, but with Sayu I can look at their location and possibly grab them, if they are in a pack.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sjonkel posted:

I've just played for a few days, and liking it so far. I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but I've followed the thread for the last few days without seeing anyone ask the same, so I'll try anyway. Should you save enhancement ore or character exp material or just spend it? As far as I understand, it should be pretty safe to just spend any enhancement ore since you'll get most of it back if you use the same weapon as material for another enhance, correct? What about experience? I can level up the 4 characters I have now I guess, but will I regret it if I get some other characters down the line?

I guess in short: Are there any materials/items I should not spend until I understand more?

I'm not gonna use AR becuase I dont remember when stuff gets unlocked, but basically level everyone and every weapon as much as you can to level 50. Past 50 it becomes somewhat expensive and you'll want to focus on the characters that you actually use/like. Once you find a team you like level them up to at least 60/70 so that you get their second talent. but if you're in the early game just spend as much as possible. the only really limited resource is the crowns and it'll be a while before you can spend those anyways.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sjonkel posted:

Don't worry too much about early game resources--they're plentiful, and the EXP curve for both characters and weapons starts shallow before it gets steep. You're not really going to be feeling a serious resource crunch until level 40 or 50 or so. Early on, level whoever you have, including their weapons and artifacts. You can worry about who to focus on later.

The only thing to really think about are primogems. I think the OP mentions this as well, but it's highly recommended not to spend primogems on the standard banner ("Wanderlust Invocation"). You can use the Acquaint Fate items you'll get along the way on that banner, but it's a much better idea to spend your primogems on Intertwined Fates instead, which are the items you use to wish on the limited-time character banners. Anything you can get on the standard banner, you can also get on the limited banner, but with extra bonuses, so it's a much better value.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Sjonkel posted:

The free characters you get arent top tier or anything, so you'll likely replace them down the line as you pull better units. But dont be afraid to level them up to 20 as its super cheap to do so. Plus, for every character you ascend past level 20 gets a free pull on the standard banner. So you'll level them all eventually anyway.

And feel free to level your 3 star weapons as you can just feed those to stronger weapons you get down the line. You'll recoup most of your experience you dump into it. Same with artifacts.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Saving wishes for baal after I got ayaka with so few wishes, but I figured id throw a couple at sayu. Now i have sayu and am down not even ten wishes. game is easy.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I got Sayu in my first 10 roll, so I figured hey why don't I throw another 10 at it and build a little pity for Baal, maybe luck into Sayu constellations? Welp, now I have blond Amber 20 rolls after Ayaka. The gatcha gods are a fickle bunch and absolutely give you what you least want on a banner.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

With Sayu, during the trial run... what is the point of the egg/doll that she throws out there?

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

With Sayu, during the trial run... what is the point of the egg/doll that she throws out there?

It does single target attacks or heals

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

baby delivery truck posted:

It does single target attacks or heals

Or both at C1+

It's a doll, to be exact, daruma doll: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daruma_doll

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

TV Zombie posted:

It either heals or does damage, according to the current situation and constellation level.

At C0, which is what the trial is, character nearby at less than 70% HP and in combat = heal. All on field characters above 70% HP and in combat = attack an opponent with anemo. Any on field character below 100% and not in combat = heal. C1 removes the HP restriction and allows both heal and damage simultaneously.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

C6’d Diona, which is great! Also C6’d Xinyan which is… also a thing.

Total Sayus: 1. And I’m dangerously close to pity so I’ll probably hold off until Baal.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm so sick of doing ascension bosses. I've spent 97 full days of resin just killing cubes and flowers.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Sayu seems like a ton of fun but I'm in the 50's on pity and I'm going to have just enough by the end of Baal's banner to get her even if I miss the first 50/50. Plus Hu Tao and Eula are my main carries so there's no debate on Yoimiya vs Baal.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm at like 30 rolls with a guaranteed pity so I'm too much of a coward to roll on the Yoimiya banner right now (because I want Baal) even though I have a history of spending primogems haphazardly for 4* characters. :v:

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I'm at like 30 rolls with a guaranteed pity so I'm too much of a coward to roll on the Yoimiya banner right now (because I want Baal) even though I have a history of spending primogems haphazardly for 4* characters. :v:

Yea but think about this: Sayu can turn into a wheel and go fast, and in her normal run animation she sticks her arms out like an airplane. What's baal even do other then swordtits or something

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sayu’s dash animation should just be the rolly ball again and the fact it isn’t makes me so sad.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

What's baal even do other then swordtits or something

She got that big mommy Dom energy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the vision hunt decree: average step on me fans vs average yoshi yoshi enjoyers

anyway, Inazuma has too many characters. don't think i can keep up...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Yea but think about this: Sayu can turn into a wheel and go fast, and in her normal run animation she sticks her arms out like an airplane. What's baal even do other then swordtits or something

She sticks a big purple eye over your character's head and then whenever you damage an enemy with anything (not just normal attacks) it zaps them real good. Probably pretty fun with the Sayu sonic spinball.
Also the swordtits move gives her teammates tons of free energy when she hits stuff, and it gets stronger based on the amount of burst energy teammates spent while under the purple zappy eye.

Leaked beta video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6syTnjM_qw

e: the swordboobs god of eternity should be a wrinkly old lady though. this is the biggest problem with her. I want to play as a grandma

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 11, 2021

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Xinyan's not bad as a support shielder for a physical DPS, particularly against pyro/hydro infused enemies who cannot get superconducted, or in cases where you might need some pyro application to remove shields. C4 still takes some physical resistance off them, and against pyro in particular her shield will be massive. C4 is where she shines, you don't need C5-6 tbh. If you use Favonius Greatsword on her with C2, her burst will always crit, so you can get that favonius proc too.

You'll want ER/Defense/Defense on her for artifacts, ER so you can get burst ready again, as at C2 her burst grants a level 3 shield, letting you keep much higher uptime on shield. And of course Defense, as her shield scales on defense. You can skip ER on Sands if your team already gets enough energy for Xinyan with just Favonius Greatsword, go for triple defense then.

Note that this is support shielding Xinyan, not DPS Xinyan. DPS Xinyan obviously builds differently. Against enemies you can superconduct, Xinyan really falls off compared to Diona, but you can't superconduct EVERYTHING.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 11, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bussamove posted:

Sayu’s dash animation should just be the rolly ball again and the fact it isn’t makes me so sad.
Her run melted my cold heart so I say it stays

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

All the small characters have that run, and they also all cannonball into water instead of diving like the other characters which is pretty great.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's the same run as the other little girls

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hazdoc posted:

Xinyan's not bad as a support shielder for a physical DPS, particularly against pyro/hydro infused enemies who cannot get superconducted, or in cases where you might need some pyro application to remove shields. C4 still takes some physical resistance off them, and against pyro in particular her shield will be massive. C4 is where she shines, you don't need C5-6 tbh. If you use Favonius Greatsword on her with C2, her burst will always crit, so you can get that favonius proc too.

You'll want ER/Defense/Defense on her for artifacts, ER so you can get burst ready again, as at C2 her burst grants a level 3 shield, letting you keep much higher uptime on shield. And of course Defense, as her shield scales on defense. You can skip ER on Sands if your team already gets enough energy for Xinyan with just Favonius Greatsword, go for triple defense then.

Note that this is support shielding Xinyan, not DPS Xinyan. DPS Xinyan obviously builds differently. Against enemies you can superconduct, Xinyan really falls off compared to Diona, but you can't superconduct EVERYTHING.

They need to either change her DEF scaling to ATK or give her a better incentive to stack DEF like Noelle does.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Does Electro Traveler work well with Ayaka? I realize I'm struggling a lot with energy because I have Qiqi instead of Diona (and I'm not likely to roll on the current banner for her because Baal is too cool).
The energy sounds great but I don't know how much the knockoff beidou burst will mess with the frozen status that Ayaka needs. If it doesn't work I guess I can just put Kaeya in my fourth slot since he's not too bad of a cryo battery.

Republicans posted:

They need to either change her DEF scaling to ATK or give her a better incentive to stack DEF like Noelle does.

Noelle still gets more from building ATK than DEF until she gets her (very strong) C6. They tried to do the same thing with Xinyan's C6 passive but it only applies to charge attacks so it's complete garbage.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Republicans posted:

Her C6 gives her charged attack a Defense% ratio, though its not nearly as high as Noelle and tied only to when she spins. On the flip side, she has 100% uptime on that buff vs Noelle's being locked to only during burst, so Xinyan's a bit more flexible in her playstyle (Noelle MUST burst in order to bring her full damage to bear). Against mobs, Xinyan can run 4pc chivalry and do respectable DPS in an AoE.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Noelle already has baseline DEF scaling on her burst so the +50% from C6 brings it above 100% (numbers vary based on talent level though).

Xinyan even with C6 has 100% attack scaling and 50% def scaling on charge attack, so it's still not worth it compared to ATK if you want to build her for damage. The C6 only serves to make her charge attack slightly less bad if you build her as a zero-damage shieldbot, but why are you wasting your stamina charge attacking as a zero-damage shieldbot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Tbh I think Xinyan's big issue is her C2 and C6 don't agree with one another. If C6 instead turned def into crit rate on her charge attack at some meaningful ratio she'd feel good to me.

Stacking atk, def, and crit damage while skipping crit rate isn't unrealistic, but at the moment getting value out of C6 means lowering your C2 value.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 11, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Does Electro Traveler work well with Ayaka? I realize I'm struggling a lot with energy because I have Qiqi instead of Diona (and I'm not likely to roll on the current banner for her because Baal is too cool).
The energy sounds great but I don't know how much the knockoff beidou burst will mess with the frozen status that Ayaka needs. If it doesn't work I guess I can just put Kaeya in my fourth slot since he's not too bad of a cryo battery.

yeah if you don't have Diona as a battery then the easy/better answer is run Kaeya or Rosa as your battery and you can shift to Barb as your healer if you want. Kaeya's A4 talent will even let you wring our some extra energy if you start with hydro application.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Xinyan also has one of the longest E cooldowns for no loving reason.

Edit: lol just looked it up, and 3 of the 4 longest cooldowns generate 0 energy (Barb/Qiqi/Noelle). Imagine them releasing a new character that doesn't generate energy, let alone with a long cd.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 11, 2021