Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
His full name is Commander Zavala :crossarms:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So, and I don't want people to be overhyped but, let's just say today's event is a big loud fart of a climax.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Judge Tesla posted:

So, and I don't want people to be overhyped but, let's just say today's event is a big loud fart of a climax.

Like, a good fart?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I thought it was neato

Factions are confirmed dead as a doornail, good lord, they really hit that point home

I'm like 95% sure they decided to swap Vex for Taken after recording the dialogue because it doesn't make any dang sense

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm like 95% sure they decided to swap Vex for Taken after recording the dialogue because it doesn't make any dang sense

I was wondering why Taken were warping in when everyone was saying "Help us, the Vex are attacking our bombed out homes!"

I was also expecting Osiris to just pull his head off to reveal Savathun or something so I can't help but feel a little let down.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
It was Vex for me, probably just has two possible races like the rest of the overrides.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I thought it was neato

Factions are confirmed dead as a doornail, good lord, they really hit that point home

Faction Grind really was not fun, there was exactly one EDZ lost sector to cheese. I hope they at least re-use the characters more often after Lakshmi's center staging this season.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Waffle House posted:

Faction Grind really was not fun, there was exactly one EDZ lost sector to cheese. I hope they at least re-use the characters more often after Lakshmi's center staging this season.
You mean the faction NPCs? They're gone.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah the Dead Orbit & New Monarchy leaders were literally fired into space, never to be seen again.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Peter Stormare died on the way to his home planet

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
If anyone’s curious there’s a mysterious friendly harpy hanging around in today’s mission and strong fan speculation is that it’s Asher Mir

His final lore entry had him hiding from the Darkness in the Pyramidion and insinuated he was giving up on prolonging his inevitable transformation into a Vex, and the Morse code the harpy is beeping spells out “ASSISTANT” which is what he called you all the time on Io

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah the Dead Orbit & New Monarchy leaders were literally fired into space, never to be seen again.

Guess they're Dead Trajectory and No Monarchy now

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

story good

cutscene underwhelming

asher rules

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I feel pretty confident that he's like a Vex Mind now, and he's just figuring out how to control all these little vex units, but I also kinda hope he just got turned into a harpy and then spent the last season furiously flying across space just to shout at us.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Kith posted:

story good

cutscene underwhelming

asher rules

Asher Speaks

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Pirate Jet posted:

If anyone’s curious there’s a mysterious friendly harpy hanging around in today’s mission and strong fan speculation is that it’s Asher Mir

His final lore entry had him hiding from the Darkness in the Pyramidion and insinuated he was giving up on prolonging his inevitable transformation into a Vex, and the Morse code the harpy is beeping spells out “ASSISTANT” which is what he called you all the time on Io

Yeah dude. I posted that to reddit lol. Everyone was going on about the Captain from the Nessus quest when it was literally a prediction in lore. Asher Speaks.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Destiny servers just crashed on Xbox lmao. I’m one game away from hitting 5500 in comp. :argh:

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
If anyone wants more info on any leaks, just know they were all created using datamining and people cargo culting them into believing they were released at earlier dates than they actually were.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Finally hit 5500! :woop:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's the "notepad leak" which was all accurate and doesn't have any surprises left IIRC, and then the "pastebin leak" which had all the same stuff as notepad, plus a few things only recently confirmed, plus some complete wack-rear end poo poo that nobody has any idea are real or not yet

Both had heaps and tons of stuff that was correct and definitely more than just Lucky Guess, but I'm not holding my breath for Halo Guns in December or whatever

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Finally hit 5500! :woop:

Hell yeah buddy! I got Unbroken yesterday and decided to try and Gild it before the season ends. It was brutal!!

But in the end,

It was a terrible day, for my Haters

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oof. That loss streak hits me right in the feels. Congratulations on the gilded!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So the planets aren't coming back :(

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There's the "notepad leak" which was all accurate and doesn't have any surprises left IIRC, and then the "pastebin leak" which had all the same stuff as notepad, plus a few things only recently confirmed, plus some complete wack-rear end poo poo that nobody has any idea are real or not yet

Both had heaps and tons of stuff that was correct and definitely more than just Lucky Guess, but I'm not holding my breath for Halo Guns in December or whatever

Notepad leak was 100% confirmed to come out before season of splicer info too. It was posted to discord on April 24th (or something like that). The metadata for the image confirmed it's last edit date, so there was no way it could have been posted before or after that unless discord themselves are in on crafting fake leaks.

Also, the real test of the notepad leak will be Season 15's name. The things it said about splicer were dead on (and there was no way people would have known about splicer at the time it was posted to discord). If the S15 name is correct, then it's for sure a legit leak.

The pastebin leak is so fake and the attempts to prove it to be real were sooooo bad. Someone took a screenshot of a file on their hd and people just ate it up. It was clear that someone watched the Notepad leak get verified and then did everything they could to "verify" the pastebin leak the same way. I'm with bideo james on the sheer derision for that leak and the attempts to sell it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well that season end was something. I hope they have more to come before the end but I'm not holding my breath.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 minutes!
I'm working on clearing out some of the season challenges and the eliksni quarter scannables one seems to be bugged for me. I followed a guide and there's nothing left to scan but I'm stuck on 6/9. The usual relog tricks aren't working either.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Try it on another character. Same thing happened to me so I went on a different character and started rescanning and it unlocked.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I hope Sloane is in a Doom Guy situation, where she has just been murdering countless hive on a different world all this time when we find her.

But knowing this games lore, she is surely dead.

:smith:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Unless there's something still hidden, this season not having some special exotic gun is serious bummer.

I also really don't like Umbral Engrams again. The whole system just feels worse then the original incarnation, and making the same currency spend on the seasonal feature OR opening engrams sucks.

I feel like umbrals should just be a currency or something rather then clogging up my engram slots until they annoy me and I dismantle them because I can't be bothered to go to the HELM to turn them into worthless junk because I'm too dumb to spend the currency to roll them into something maybe good.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I hate umbrals mostly because even if I do get a good rool of a gun, my vault is 3/4 full of good rolls so getting more good rolls just fills it up.

It's extra frustrating because of that bug where the infusion tooltip stops working, and you have to go back to orbit. So I can't even save up guns with crap rolls but good power, making the power system feel even more pointless.

I swear inventory management is the absolute worst thing about this game. I could clear easily half of my vault if they would just being in a curated roll for collections.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 minutes!

RBX posted:

Try it on another character. Same thing happened to me so I went on a different character and started rescanning and it unlocked.

this worked gg bungo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mesadoram posted:

I hope Sloane is in a Doom Guy situation, where she has just been murdering countless hive on a different world all this time when we find her.

A million Brothers Vance stumble out of the infinite forest, just in time for the raid where you kill Osirisavathun

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I hate umbrals mostly because even if I do get a good rool of a gun, my vault is 3/4 full of good rolls so getting more good rolls just fills it up.

It's extra frustrating because of that bug where the infusion tooltip stops working, and you have to go back to orbit. So I can't even save up guns with crap rolls but good power, making the power system feel even more pointless.

I swear inventory management is the absolute worst thing about this game. I could clear easily half of my vault if they would just being in a curated roll for collections.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the umbral system? How does an infusion tooltip being broken stop you seeing a guns power?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

counterpoint: umbral engrams loving rule

Mesadoram posted:

asher collapsed an entire planet onto himself and survived, sloane is definitely fine

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Umbrals were probably TOO good for Seasons of Arrival (if you believe such a thing to be possible/a problem)

Umbrals were crap for Season of the Chosen (Battlegrounds & Hammer Charges were a miss, to me)

Umbrals are good for Season of the Splicer, but it was a huge mistake to use the same currency for focusing engrams & upgrading your gauntlet.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Do Forsaken or Shadowkeep campaigns need the EDZ or Nessus in any way? If not I'm thinking those are gonna get vaulted next year. If we get Old Chicago I can't see them keeping three earth locations in the game

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Umbrals were probably TOO good for Seasons of Arrival (if you believe such a thing to be possible/a problem)

Umbrals were crap for Season of the Chosen (Battlegrounds & Hammer Charges were a miss, to me)

Umbrals are good for Season of the Splicer, but it was a huge mistake to use the same currency for focusing engrams & upgrading your gauntlet.

Yeah, agree with all of this.

BobbyDeluxe I think you’re on the correct track with thinking about umbrals, but have a little FOMO anxiety or something adjacent to it. Just use them to chase a good roll on your fav gun for the season and ignore everything else.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roman posted:

Do Forsaken or Shadowkeep campaigns need the EDZ or Nessus in any way? If not I'm thinking those are gonna get vaulted next year. If we get Old Chicago I can't see them keeping three earth locations in the game

Both EDZ and Nessus got a facelift with Beyond Light so I think they’ll be sticking around for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

they definitely weren't, especially not in the face of sunsetting. players needed a quick + easy way to completely replace their current build and that was pretty much the most elegant solution

quote:

umbrals were good, the hammer definitely wasn't. like it was definitely a step in the right direction over the god-awful lure bullshit but it absolutely was not objectively good

quote:

hard disagree, destiny does not need more currencies