Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

I've finally found it... The Idris Trigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/CHELSOFARC/status/1425188545485025280?s=19

E: https://twitter.com/Cultpool/status/1228313538944471040?s=19

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 11, 2021

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/superstaticpro/status/1425231689467506698?s=21

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I hope if Shadow ends up in on of these movies, there's a scene of him going into a real life Hot Topic

Wasn't there a bunch of GUN marked vehicles shown in the production photos? If they are doing STH 2 and 3 with this presumably the gameplan, should this one do the cash, is to have Sonic 3 be about the adventure cycle (or at least the Shadow part of it, though hey, if they want to make it a double kaiju feature, I wouldn't say no)

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wasn't there a bunch of GUN marked vehicles shown in the production photos? If they are doing STH 2 and 3 with this presumably the gameplan, should this one do the cash, is to have Sonic 3 be about the adventure cycle (or at least the Shadow part of it, though hey, if they want to make it a double kaiju feature, I wouldn't say no)

The GUN vehicles are foreshadowing

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That sounds sensible from a movie booking perspective.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Larryb posted:

Plus it would keep things consistent with the previous film

Also Sonic’s movie voice isn’t a celebrity outside of the voice acting field either (correct me if I’m wrong though as I only really know him from Ducktales)

I can't believe you think Ben Schwartz is only known for his voice acting

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

A surfing dog?! posted:

I can't believe you think Ben Schwartz is only known for his voice acting

Uh that's not Ben Schwartz that's Joe Keery

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Larryb posted:

Plus it would keep things consistent with the previous film

Also Sonic’s movie voice isn’t a celebrity outside of the voice acting field either (correct me if I’m wrong though as I only really know him from Ducktales)

I knew him from Parks & Rec long before anything else.

Xad posted:

Uh that's not Ben Schwartz that's Joe Keery

That's a joke about that character being the little brother (or son?) of Jean Ralphio from Parks & Rec.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He was the best part of Space Force, which was a good show but it lost its relevance almost as fast as the thing they were mocking

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Box of Bunnies posted:

I've finally found it... The Idris Trigger

This is an amazing think to wake up to. :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Procrastine posted:

The GUN vehicles are foreshadowing

This is also a good post

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

https://soundcloud.com/skepta/shutdown-idris-elba-remix

let Idris cover Unknown from M.E pleaseeeeee

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

:hmmyes:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Have we ever seen Idris Elba chuckle

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Off the Idris topic, Sonic and Tails will be playable in the upcoming Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania. Already teased previously but here's the announcement trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7p9CS2dzk

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Wait, so in the Sonic Movieverse, Jim Carrey outsmarts Idris Elba?
Dunno how I feel about that.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Kikas posted:

Wait, so in the Sonic Movieverse, Jim Carrey outsmarts Idris Elba?
Dunno how I feel about that.

genre: fantasy

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Idris Elba as Kuckles makes a lot of sense. I don't even have the ususal worry that 'live action star won't be good at voice acted role' because he already feels like a cartoon character in everything I've seen him in.

Thats not a slam on Idris he's really fun on screen its a slam on people who for some reason told me Luther was a good drama series instead of a cavalcade of complete nonsense

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1426166750270435334?s=20

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On that note, how soon could we possibly start getting some real info on Sonic Rangers (like is there some kind of event coming up or something)?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

2022, realistically

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I doubt they'll say anything until Colours Ultimate has been out for a few months.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I will never get over Sonic Chaos' cover, with Sonic in rocket shoes in a ski pose. It's the most 90's thing. I wish it was possible to fit that, but also something like the smug dog's expression on him into an emote.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Yeah, it'll probably be mid 2022 at the very soonest, even Iizuka said they announced it way, way too early but they needed something to show for the 30th anniversary

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/even-sega-thinks-the-new-sonic-game-was-announced-too-fast

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Raylax posted:

Yeah, it'll probably be mid 2022 at the very soonest, even Iizuka said they announced it way, way too early but they needed something to show for the 30th anniversary

Oh, same story as Sonic Forces and the 25th, where as far as I know they basically had the concept and whipped up a trailer around it to have something to show and that's it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I am absolutely not going to complain about them taking their time with a Sonic game. It's a novelty, if nothing else.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Nothing tops Bethesda announcing TES6 at E3 2018 and then confirming they'd started the planning phase around E3 2021

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Raylax posted:

Nothing tops Bethesda announcing TES6 at E3 2018 and then confirming they'd started the planning phase around E3 2021

KHIII's "Now in Development" announcement and FFXV's constant changes were annoying, but the worst is hearing a massively anticipated game has started over from scratch with a new developer. It doesn't mean the final game will be bad, just that you'll have to wait much, much longer to start seeing anything from it again. It usually means the company really wants this project to turn out well and don't want to keep building on a rocky foundation, or they want a different team to make it. FFVII Remake was fantastic and I hope Metroid Prime 4 will be as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i4toQUIUPY

Here's a great video about the thought that goes into one of Sonic Adventure 2's levels. Don't let the title mislead you, it's really just showing off good level design.

I'll always prefer Sonic taking place on a different world like all the pre-Adventure media, but the Adventure games and Unleashed definitely made the most of the real world. Who wouldn't want to grind down the Golden Gate Bridge or surf down San Francisco?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I want to jump around Venice doing fuckall

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Forces and the comics have nothing but manimals, so I guess that's the direction they want to go in, but I hope they use Unleashed humans again, I loved the world design of that game. If nothing else, I hope the design of the IDW cast bleeds into the games, they've been pretty universally excellent, even minor background characters.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

bring back the low-poly anime civilians from SA1

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sonicman game

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Rent-a-Hero but you're Sonicman.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

Sonicman game

Unfortunately Sonicman was unable to stop Dr Eggman in time because he searched the entire city for the guard captain.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i've been kicking rear end at life this summer after being in a funk the last few years and have had a lit fire under my rear end lately getting poo poo done like crazy for months and months after spending hours writing a big rear end TDL of "what is beep's perfect life" and then a "well what needs to be achieved to reach this", and i hit the part of my list today that was "figure out the best way to play sonic 1, 2, cd, and 3 on non-mobile" and today I am thrilled to announce to my sonic friends that I just got the android ports of Sonic 1, 2, CD working on my PC as well as sonic 3 A.I.R. and I intend to go through them today!!!!

**edit: I should mention these are all decompilations that you need the official purchased game on your system to even use so they're not Filez, but most of you prob know this already, but! if you don't, check out this link: https://github.com/Rubberduckycooly

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 14, 2021

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

every time i intend to go through all the classic sonics I promise myself "it's okay to not go after all of the chaos emeralds. you have done it many times in the past, a thousand times, you don't have to torture yourself on that half-pipe anymore, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone, everyone knows you are a Sonic Master"

and then I do it anyway just to show the world that I still got it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
https://twitter.com/keithjohnstack/status/1425804266707456008?s=19

don't be this guy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Never...!!! the man I want to be is

*disapprovingly to my future sons* "And yet you call yourself a man despite the fact that you can't gather all 7 chaos emeralds before Marble Garden Zone?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

beep by grandpa posted:

every time i intend to go through all the classic sonics I promise myself "it's okay to not go after all of the chaos emeralds. you have done it many times in the past, a thousand times, you don't have to torture yourself on that half-pipe anymore, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone, everyone knows you are a Sonic Master"

and then I do it anyway just to show the world that I still got it

It’s so much easier to get them in Taxman Sonic 2. I hate going for them otherwise.