Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

wow, it's like they set up everything to go wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I had the same one.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

"On second thought, let's pour a slab..."

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

if a scissor jack got the chance it would kill you and everyone you care about

give the car a little shake to see if it's even like remotely stable before you start taking the wheel lugs off

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ddoniolvalcroze/status/1425471193075765250?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/SoqM5oP.mp4

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Cojawfee posted:

I like how once the ladder is out of the way, he runs over to move it so it can hit one of the people again.

I like how the guy started to do a little jig before sending the pair flying into the ladder.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

if a scissor jack got the chance it would kill you and everyone you care about

give the car a little shake to see if it's even like remotely stable before you start taking the wheel lugs off

I just noticed the box end wrench he used to remove the lugs. OUCH!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

When the stool softener kicks in.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

When the stool softener kicks in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCFvqbSfgqM

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
What's the regulations on having a thread over 3 digits big? Can the structure support it?

:toot:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Nocheez posted:

What's the regulations on having a thread over 3 digits big? Can the structure support it?

The 2016 "Jfc wtf Donald Trump" thread went well over 15,000 pages before it really started to buckle under the mass of posting

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Nocheez posted:

Let me show you the cspam Covid thread...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think they fixed the big thread issue.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC the longest thread in the history of the forums was the Helldump D&D thread, which hit something like 66,000 pages

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
It was just my way of celebrating 1000 pages, not a serious inquisition as to the number of pages the forum can support.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Nocheez posted:

It was just my way of celebrating 1000 pages, not a serious inquisition as to the number of pages the forum can support.

"Studies of this ancient data reveals interesting patterns. The participants would all post weed-related content on page 420. They would hail satan on page 666. And on page 1000 they would post concern about the forum's ability to handle this much content. Their reason for doing all of these has been lost to time."

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
To avoid being inundated with jokes straight out of eternal september, all threads should be cut off at page 1336

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Nocheez posted:

Trust me, I'm an engineer: there's a designed in safety factor and you can actually do way more pages than they tell you in the manual. It'll be fine, it's designed for it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Cojawfee posted:

I think they fixed the big thread issue.

Iirc back around 2013 or 12 or so there were bad problems with the site’s back end and the tldr was that threads over 1k pages could lead to bad poo poo. That got fixed in I want to say something like 2015.

Don’t quote me on the dates but that’s ballpark right.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Uthor posted:

Trust me, I'm an engineer: there's a designed in safety factor and you can actually do way more pages than they tell you in the manual. It'll be fine, it's designed for it.

just as long as you don't apply post forces in directions the thread structure hasn't been designed for

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

just as long as you don't apply post forces in directions the thread structure hasn't been designed for

Is this why everyone complains when too many posts go in a certain direction?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Those first two shots look very staged - in a real action shot with a 1920's camera you'd expect blurriness, like in the third one.

e: I only now noticed that in the two staged photos the cars are in the same position, so yeah, they got stuck and took some pics

Nocheez posted:

It's fine, the forum software is based on the Maya calendar. Expect problems on page *checks notes*... 23,040,000,000.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 11, 2021

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

OSHA V: Surely all those posts weren't necessary?

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
The outcome of those posts was inevitable.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Aaaah, dammit. I thought the concrete boom had just the right clearance, such a hassle to lower it.

Ola fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 11, 2021

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Eh, just build a mold and pour a new bridge, the concrete truck is already there!

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Just a bit too tall.

Is that a ped crossing?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

down1nit posted:

Just a bit too tall.

Is that a ped crossing?

*was

a similar outcome a decade ago in Finland, but a trash truck. It's not evident from the photos but there is a boom that was up. Also a school route.

They should have lowered the road but just rebuilt the bridge instead.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 11, 2021

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

down1nit posted:

Just a bit too tall.

Is that a ped crossing?

Yep, and just behind the camera is a school. Thankfully school hasn't started yet from summer and there was nobody on it. He did take out some fiber optic cables as well so a few thousand people are offline, so the driver is obviously at serious risk of lynching.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Hey, you think trucks can go here?

No, trucks don't go down roads. Trucks are on freeways.

Oh right, okay so we don't have to build this higher?

Nope, a truck will not drive on a road. They even sleep on freeways and they die there as well. They don't drive down roads.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

What if trucks that need a lot of clearance had like, a big antenna style flexible rod on part of the bumper that would smack against objects that it can't fit under as a way to warn drivers that they're going to have a bad time? Obviously it won't stop people from leaving their cranes up while driving and that sort of poo poo, but surely the thwack would provide some way of checking, right?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wrr posted:

What if trucks that need a lot of clearance had like, a big antenna style flexible rod on part of the bumper that would smack against objects that it can't fit under as a way to warn drivers that they're going to have a bad time? Obviously it won't stop people from leaving their cranes up while driving and that sort of poo poo, but surely the thwack would provide some way of checking, right?

Dude you seen how many signs the 11'8" bridge has right

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

down1nit posted:

Hey, you think trucks can go here?

No, trucks don't go down roads. Trucks are on freeways.

Oh right, okay so we don't have to build this higher?

Nope, a truck will not drive on a road. They even sleep on freeways and they die there as well. They don't drive down roads.

That bridge is probably tall enough that all normal trucks will fit through without trouble.*

*not withstanding a demented idiot driving through town with an erection

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Wrr posted:

I bet that concrete truck has some alarm to say the boom is up and that the lovely company has disabled it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Wrr posted:

My high school best friend’s dad did that thing where you hang a tennis ball from the garage ceiling so that when it bumps the windshield you know you’re out of room to pull forward.

Didn’t stop him from leaving an impression of his fender in the wall.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wrr posted:

that would require the driver to slow down and check the bridge against the plastic rod at a walking pace rather than just barreling through, and if the driver is conscientious enough to do that, he probably doesn't need the rod.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Better technique than Ivane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCrn-VJmpgE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ola posted:

I bet that concrete truck has some alarm to say the boom is up and that the lovely company has disabled it.

Alarm nothing, the truck should not be capable of driving unless the boom is in stowed position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day