Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingShoot2/status/1413099253379919878?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love how personally they all take former wwe guys going somewhere else

legit stomping and throwing a fit and shouting you said you wouldnt

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...when did they ever even say that they wouldn't take ex-WWE talent? Internally they were talking about whose contracts were up soon from the jump, and I don't remember them ever pushing "no ex-WWE guys" hard publicly.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 12, 2021

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

They said they wouldn’t sign EVERYONE from the WWE, and they haven’t. They’ve only signed like, a very small percentage of released WWE folks.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
People who stopped working for WWE don't deserve to wrestle anymore and I'm personally upset that they're allowed to make a living for themselves. I also create multiple Twitter accounts where I poo poo on pro wrestling shows I don't like.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WWE released 53 people in 2020 and AEW only signed eight of them (nine if you count Lio Rush's brief cameo).

Of the current 2021 crop (around 55 wrestlers and counting, and of course pending non-competes) the only ones in AEW are Paul Wight, Andrade, and Malaki Black.

The idea they just scoop up every released talent is a ridiculous myth rooted in dated TNA memes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

WWE released 53 people in 2020 and AEW only signed eight of them (nine if you count Lio Rush's brief cameo).

Of the current 2021 crop (around 55 wrestlers and counting, and of course pending non-competes) the only ones in AEW are Paul Wight, Andrade, and Malaki Black.

The idea they just scoop up every released talent is a ridiculous myth rooted in dated TNA jokes.

and 2.0

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The people that say that other promotions shouldn't sign WWE castoffs also refuse to acknowledge the fact that WWE hoards talent just so those promotions can't sign them.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

davidbix posted:

...when did they ever even say that they wouldn't take ex-WWE talent? Internally they were talking about whose contracts were up soon from the jump, and I don't remember them ever pushing "no ex-WWE guys" hard publicly.

Here was a Cody interview from before Dynamite started where he emphasized that they were going to launch focusing on building their own stars rather than slotting in every WWE talent who might come available. It’s the same dopes who get hung up over the three year old “sports-based presentation” elevator pitch.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I also love the "They main evented Wrestlemaina!"

Wrestlemania hasn't meant poo poo in years; especially when they just run the card again three weeks later as Backlash.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm still trying to parse "This is only AEW is good at for the wrong reasons."

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I'm still trying to parse "This is only AEW is good at for the wrong reasons."

I think it was meant to be "these are the only things AEW is good at" but number 7 being "Tony Khan" throws that off

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't handle AEW being an enjoyable wrestling show so I'm rolling in dogshit to demonstrate my displeasure!

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

coconono posted:

I can't handle AEW being an enjoyable wrestling show so I'm rolling in dogshit to demonstrate my displeasure!

You children don't remember the levels of salt on the playground during the Cold war that predated the Monday Night Wars.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
Yeesh don't read the responses on that AEWbotches post. Those dudes are nuts, I can't even imagine hating Aubrey Edwards

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1425662710159601664

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

there goes dave interaction with the zero interaction losers again.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Who's Ryan Satin again? *checks his twitter*

Ahh, he's on the take. Got it.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Does someone mind explaining what Satin is referring to in that tweet? Also, lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The most intriguing part of Dave's tweets tonight is that he says someone DMed him the Satin tweet tonight. Funny to think that Dave also is in group DMs where everyone just dunks on bad tweets.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think first is Peyton Royce or Charlotte, second is Brody and I don’t have a clue about the third

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Does someone mind explaining what Satin is referring to in that tweet? Also, lol

He got mad that Alan Angels kicked out a v-trigger in a match with Kenny (before he was signed).

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

The original tweet from last year is about Kenny having a competitive match with Alan Angels, who kicked out of a v-trigger, instead of just squashing him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

I think first is Peyton Royce or Charlotte, second is Brody and I don’t have a clue about the third

The second is Roman Reigns which is based on people saying Dave said things he didn't say and in the end was basically right.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Second is Roman Reigns. If Ryan Satin had mentioned the Brodie thing it'd have actually been a good dig, so of course he didn't.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

The second was actually when Dave speculated that Roman Reigns cancer diagnosis wasn't real. At least that's how I've heard what he said was

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The first one was Dave indelicately (to say the least), bringing up one of WWE women's wrestler getting breast implants and saying it changed her wrestling style
The second was about Roman Reigns taking time off for his leukemia treatment (Dave said the type Roman had wasn't as serious as other types of leukemia, in his typical Dave-is-a-robot-who-doesn't-understand-humans way.)
Don't know about the third

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

heel turn posted:

The original tweet from last year is about Kenny having a competitive match with Alan Angels, who kicked out of a v-trigger, instead of just squashing him

but he never beats anyone with one v-trigger, in the rare cases where he pins someone with it it's like at least three in a row

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

El Generico posted:

but he never beats anyone with one v-trigger, in the rare cases where he pins someone with it it's like at least three in a row

But-But-But AEW ...

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ryan Satin is a little baby lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

plus Alan kicking out sets up a story beat they can follow up on whenever. All it takes is Allan going yeah Kenny you're so great but I kicked out of your move, so what does that make me. And boom you got a setup for a Dynamite or Rampage main event. Its such an empty thing to argue about. Esp with modern WWE style's treatment of finishers.

Dave talking about body shapes and whatnot is something Dave did to himself tho. Even if they approached the issue with the utmost delicacy, someone's gonna interpret it as body shaming. Even if they had a plastic surgeon and a kinesiologist talking about physical movement changes with breast augmentation, it'd still be easy fruit for vincels to get their hackles up.

TBH the best solution is to NPWF instead of WWE.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at Satin trying to act like he's any better when he severely hosed with reporting on Sasha Banks' mental health and never ever apologized to her

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ryan Satin worked with Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Didn't Satin used to work with Joe Arpaio or am I thinking of some other weiner loser

Edit:
/\ lol welp

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Satin about to go full “you said Mabel was the third man” in his idiocy

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

lmao @ their avatar

they couldn't even think of a half-decent pun lmaoooo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Chris Regal Memorial Bad Takes Thread: This is only AEW is good at for the wrong reasons.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Venomous posted:

lmao @ their avatar

they couldn't even think of a half-decent pun lmaoooo

They should change it to that when Dustin finally says the s-word on TV

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lamuella posted:

The Chris Regal Memorial Bad Takes Thread: This is only AEW is good at for the wrong reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
There are some hyper AEW fans online that can be cringey at times, not knowing when to rein it in or when to not kick wasp nests. They still pale in comparison to the utterly deranged and cultish anti-AEW, rusted on WWE stans.