Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I beat Albert Odyssey as a kid and it was boring but I played the whole thing anyway

Dragon Force kicks rear end, though. I should play it again sometime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Albert Odyssey is p. boring. I actually owned it as a kid

hello, albert odyssey

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

hello, albert odyssey

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Albert Odyssey is an incredible name lmfao

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Dark Savior is an absolutely insane game, the story branches off in a few different ways based on how quickly you finish the first part of the game. Like you can kill the main villain, it can escape or I think there is a 3rd option. The Hardcore gaming 101 article is good.
It looks incredible as well, what I imagined games would have looked like if the Saturn really took off.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is cool as well, the first disc was available as a demo and is easy enough to get hold of.

Mystaria / Blazing Heroes is a bad one.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

(Nier:A) i'm not sure i was supposed to fight this golden tank yet but i did, and it took like 10 minutes to kill. then i killed a little golden man that was around him.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

(Nier:A) i'm not sure i was supposed to fight this golden tank yet but i did, and it took like 10 minutes to kill. then i killed a little golden man that was around him.
You can hack them I think? If not yeah you're at the point where a few big HP sacks start wandering around that you might as well come back to later

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1425452145898369025

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

🙏

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

legends

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

thank you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thank you, Dream Team

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

god bless

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the father, the son, and the holy ghost

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

thanks fellas

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

thank you, Dream Team

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

started replaying breath of fire 3. game feels more modern thn i remember, theres so many good systems. killer sprite work too, pretty much everything looks sick as hell. also, great fishing minigame

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
it's an all time comfy game for sure. cool cast, too.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

the spritework in breath of fire 4 is also top-notch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQVI is too long but I'm still going to do the postgame content probably bc I'm a jrpg hog.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

DQVI is too long but I'm still going to do the postgame content probably bc I'm a jrpg hog.

It’s like twice as long as IV and V lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

people say vii is too long but vi is like twenty hours longer lol. i liked 6 but i never want to play it again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only played 3ds version of 7, but even if it was as long or slightly longer it feels way brisker bc the narrative and characters are actually good rather than bad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dq6 is way to long and it sucks rear end

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I beat dq6 with a half encounters mod and still think it was too high

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I liked DQ6 but it's definitely lower tier

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ran out of batteries for my Xbox controller so i guess I'm done playing Skyrim for now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Klowner posted:

I ran out of batteries for my Xbox controller so i guess I'm done playing Skyrim for now

ive got a selection of other platforms, strangah

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ll sell it at a high price!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

which Persona games are good?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

all but 5

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

3 and 4. the 2 persona 2 games are also cool but a lot different than the later ones. persona 1 is a first person dungeon crawler where all the mazes are long straight line ccrridors where you either go the right direction or hit a dead end. if you want that sort of thing with demons the first two smt games on snes are a lot better.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

3 and 4. the 2 persona 2 games are also cool but a lot different than the later ones. persona 1 is a first person dungeon crawler where all the mazes are long straight line ccrridors where you either go the right direction or hit a dead end. if you want that sort of thing with demons the first two smt games on snes are a lot better.

thanks - I'm not very familiar with SMT in general but I've been playing Nocturne and it's great so I'm probably going to try P3 and P4 when I'm done

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
persona 3 fes is god tier

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hizke posted:

persona 3 fes is god tier

yeah... it's kinda crazy how good it still is. though i still think P4 is a better starting point, Eck Specially if you have access to Golden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah... it's kinda crazy how good it still is. though i still think P4 is a better starting point, Eck Specially if you have access to Golden

absolutely this. also, i still think about the fes ost and probably will until the day i die lol