Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1423766956432371723?s=20

and her response https://www.instagram.com/p/CSRKQh-LN4z/

kinda vague promises to reveal something and a lot of it is in swedish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

One of the messages through Google translate was her asking "arent you married?" and he says "things change".

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Vintersorg posted:

One of the messages through Google translate was her asking "arent you married?" and he says "things change".

Infidelity does not equal abuse.
That being said, the accuser is now saying at least one other woman has contacted her with similar allegations.

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 11, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I never said such a thing.

In his tweet he says he was single at the time but the text contradicts that.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
You brought up infidelity as a standalone point in a thread about sexual assault.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
His marriage broke up in 2018 so it makes sense that he'd say "things change". I don't see any discrepancy there, not that it matters.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Chili posted:

You brought up infidelity as a standalone point in a thread about sexual assault.

I was translating one part of the tweets. I'll guess I'll use a loving disclaimer next time? Lay off.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Vintersorg posted:

I was translating one part of the tweets. I'll guess I'll use a loving disclaimer next time? Lay off.

Or alternatively you could learn how context works and stop getting pissy and defensive.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No, maybe you can not put words in peoples mouths.

E: Like, Alan Smithee posted "some are in swedish" so I did a vague translation of that part.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 11, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Infidelity is abuse.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Infidelity is abuse.

Definitely. Emotional abuse, abuse of trust. To say nothing if you contract an STI or a pregnancy occurs, etc.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, this is a very cool place for the thread to go.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

They won't even believe that was his name.

I seriously thought Simpsons made him up for a while

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Abel Ferrara pursuing Shia LeBouf for comeback role as Italian saint Padre Pio

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Not a good week for Italians

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shia as a pious fraudster sounds about right.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

so this is comeback number.. 5 for shia? curious that we keep giving him chances even after inflicting sexual assault & battery on people

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

God Hole posted:

so this is comeback number.. 5 for shia? curious that we keep giving him chances even after inflicting sexual assault & battery on people

I've seen some interviews of Shia and he seems like someone who is actually very charming in person. So I imagine that goes a long way, if you can get in a room with a producer or a director and win them over, you're gonna get extra chances.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

God Hole posted:

You get one for every billion dollars the Transformers have made

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

I've seen some interviews of Shia and he seems like someone who is actually very charming in person.

I remember seeing him on Hot Ones and the overriding impression I got of him is a guy who is driven by toxic masculinity, knows he’s driven by toxic masculinity, but who’s powerless to stop being driven by toxic masculinity. He seems intensely, unhealthily aware of how other people perceive him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1425951897471574017?s=20

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

quote:

in August 2001, when the girl was 16, Sanz allegedly contacted her via the [AIM] instant message handle “Marblechomper,”

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That sucks. Hope he gets arrested

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

quote:

“[I] swear on a stack of improv books … I’m a different person,” he allegedly said.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

quote:

“I had a real issue with sex. I was stunted. I didn’t know how it worked,” he added, according to the lawsuit. “I spent all my 20’s trying to be funny. So I wasn’t normal with girls.”

i hope his entire grundle catches on fire

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You’re supposed to learn how to behave around women as a child and a teenager. You should, by your 20’s, no longer be figuring those kinds of things out. Even if you’re a virgin and never been on a date, at 21 you’ve spent 12-15 years going to school or maybe even working around girls and women, you aren’t just discovering them at 23. What a weird thing to say.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/sasimons/status/1425963073857368066?s=20
The reality where Conan got the Tonight Show and kept it, is infinitely better than this one.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
In a rare bit of good news, Jamie Spears has agreed to step down as Britney Spears's curator!

https://www.uktimenews.com/jamie-spears-steps-down-as-curator-relinquishes-control-of-britney-spears-60-million-estate/

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I can think of no greater metaphor for Fallon's place in America than him being the guy who'd be really sweet and polite to a child one of his friends is trying to rape while doing exactly zero things to stop it.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
New Abel Ferrara movie? Hell ya, I don’t care if it stars Cosby!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

In a rare bit of good news, Jamie Spears has agreed to step down as Britney Spears's curator!

https://www.uktimenews.com/jamie-spears-steps-down-as-curator-relinquishes-control-of-britney-spears-60-million-estate/

https://twitter.com/DohaMadani/status/1425935148273618951

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Goood daaamniiit

People in the replies rightly speculating that he probably wants guarantees that she won't sue him and probably a lifelong allowance before he lets go.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

RevKrule posted:

https://twitter.com/sasimons/status/1425963073857368066?s=20
The reality where Conan got the Tonight Show and kept it, is infinitely better than this one.

My first thought seeing this was that if I had to guess one 2000s era SNL star who would be publicly accused of grooming a teenager, it would have been Armisen because we already know he’s kind of a huge shitbag to women he dates. Based on this it looks like there’s plenty of room for him to be a creep too.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm wondering why it doesn't name the other person

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

davidspackage posted:

Yeah, that article seemed weird as gently caress. Like used wrong pronouns to refer to Britney Spears half the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

While not as bad as sexually assaulting a minor, he belongs in jail for this alone.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“Hey Jimmy, here is my friend, she is a child, will you watch her for a second while I go get us some alcohol and calamari” like Jesus H Chuh-RIST how relentlessly creepy and hosed up! Imagine being at a work party and your friend shows up with his “date” and his “date” has a friend for you and they are both literal children talking about their SAT scores. Sickening.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

“Hey Jimmy, here is my friend, she is a child, will you watch her for a second while I go get us some alcohol and calamari” like Jesus H Chuh-RIST how relentlessly creepy and hosed up! Imagine being at a work party and your friend shows up with his “date” and his “date” has a friend for you and they are both literal children talking about their SAT scores. Sickening.

Who was they guy who barely lost a senate race when it came out that in his mid 30s he kept trying to date 14 year olds? I was about the same age he was when he was trying to date high school students and I briefly thought about how my also mid 30s friends would react if I brought a high school student to a group potluck or something as my "date."

Best case scenario is none of them ever talk to me again.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

roy moore

you have to remember this is the new york that still tried desperately to keep making woody allen movies happen and seinfeld's HS gf was like a "oh okay"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Bust Rodd posted:

Seinfeld dated a high schooler in the 90s so people in the upper echelons of New York's comedy circle are probably just used to this stuff by now.