Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/12/the-sons-of-behemat-receive-a-gargantuan-battletome-update-in-this-months-white-dwarf/

Apparently White Dwarf is going to be doing updates to 2.0 tomes until 3.0 tomes come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Those look like temporal patches and that's fine, I mean, Sons of Behemat have no other way to get a second enhancement. They just can't fit most of the normal core battalions.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

With how slow the battle tomes are looking like to come out, I bet this style is the only update some armies are gonna see in 3rd.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, I don’t think it’ll be a problem, though it’s possible other factions cause problems with unique Core Battalions.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The existence of Annihilator battleline implies the possible existence of Evocator battleline :getin:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

so “no unique army battalions because they’re bad for balance” lasted for like a month?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Sons of Behemat don't even get to use core battalions normally because they don't have any non-monster heroes. Why not throw them a bone?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
SCE preview mentions thematic battalion structures. I don't know if this means more battalions or what. I did think they said it was core battalions or bust.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Core battalions such as 1 big guy rest small, 2 big guys rest small, 3 big guys rest small, or all big guys.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They're only promising two Core Battalions - one for small guys to make them faster, and one for two big guys to let you get a second artifact.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Mors Rattus posted:

They're only promising two Core Battalions - one for small guys to make them faster, and one for two big guys to let you get a second artifact.

drat, how will they balance 2 battalions.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Injuryprone posted:

drat, how will they balance 2 battalions.

This should be a funny joke, but it's not.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

“We saw how excited you were at the Sons of Behemat core battalion, so starting next month, each issue of white dwarf will include a special, never-before-seen core battalion for one army!”

the first five allow you to do like a 2” pregame move with one unit, the sixth one lets your entire army ignore rend entirely for a turn

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Proud Rat Mom posted:

With how slow the battle tomes are looking like to come out, I bet this style is the only update some armies are gonna see in 3rd.

40k is aiming for 1-2 codexes a month through 2021, so I’m not sure “slow” is what GW is aiming for.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
What do you think is behind the way allies are assigned? Orruks can only ally with Gloomspite. That's fine, but seems a little strange they can't ally with Ogors. In some sense, I don't understand why you couldn't just ally across your Grand Alliance (outside of taking a GA army).

Similar story for Bonereapers, who can't ally with anyone, but have pretty decent lore reasons why they might ally with Nighthaunt at the very least (and given they co-occupy territory with Gravelords you could make a case for that as well).

As far as gameplay reasons, maybe they are trying to avoid weird degenerate combos, but the game seems pretty resilient to that kind of thing given keyword restrictions?

These questions mostly come from a Path of Glory perspective.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

In some cases it’s based on the ongoing plot, which is why SCE can’t ally with DoK any more.

In others, :iiam:

With Ossiarchs my guess is to avoid questions about what happens when using Relentless Discipline with non-Ossiarch units.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/13/mob-em-skewer-em-or-zap-em-three-ways-to-waaagh-in-the-new-orruk-warclans-battletome/

I hope the next preview shows more love for Ironjawz, the only True Orruks.

Although, definitely taking those Man-skewer Boltboyz as allies in the army.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mors Rattus posted:

In some cases it’s based on the ongoing plot, which is why SCE can’t ally with DoK any more.

In others, :iiam:

With Ossiarchs my guess is to avoid questions about what happens when using Relentless Discipline with non-Ossiarch units.

I think the Bonereapers can ally themselves with some other Death Armies, but don't take them as allies. (Story reason I would say it's to avoid upsetting their tactics and discipline.)

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
nobody likes them because they keep demanding they keep all the bones

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Yeah, in Broken Realms: Teclis, they decided to attack their Flesh-eater Court allies because they needed more bones.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The bones are their dollars.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
They arent called BoneLeavers

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Bonereapers be like "I don't write rhymes I write bone cheques"

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

JBP posted:

Gotta go to war to protect them petrobones.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I bought a Bonespliterz Wardokk and the sprue is softer and a much lighter shade of gray than anything else I have. Is this a finecast model, or resin?, and does GW plastic glue still work?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I bought a Bonespliterz Wardokk and the sprue is softer and a much lighter shade of gray than anything else I have. Is this a finecast model, or resin?, and does GW plastic glue still work?

If it looks like this kinda sprue:

Then yes, it's resin (which is often called finecast by GW but they don't always use the term).

The GW plastic glue WON'T work - you'll want to use Superglue or an epoxy or something.

Also be careful if you're filing/sanding - wear a dust mask if you need to sand stuff down.

If you have any parts that are bent or warped, a common way to fix them is to get a cereal bowl and fill it with cool water. Run your sink tap hot, put the piece to bend under it for a couple seconds (doesn't take long), bend/hold it how you want it, and dunk your weird claw maneuver hand into your cool bowl.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

BaronVanAwesome posted:

If it looks like this kinda sprue:

Yeah, this is it

Since its resin, do I need to wash the parts before painting?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Yeah, this is it

I forgot to mention washing!!

For the most part, the GW/FW stuff hasn't been TOO mould-release-agent present, but as a general "safety step" I always wash resin (anyone's resin)

I use super cheap (dollar store) dish soap and warm water, dunk your stuff, watch a movie or something, and then toothbrush stuff quick - the chemical did most of the work already for you

Let 'em dry and go to town!

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

JBP posted:

Also the worms

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I've done a look around the internet for any upcoming AoS releases, but can't seem to find anything new coming for Khorne in the next 6 months. I've got a ton of Blood Warriors, Reavers, and other units including a Korgath, but I'd really like one of the cool big units like a Blood Thirster... Only thing is I don't love the current big centerpiece models for Khorne and so was wondering if the goon hive mind was aware of any rumored new releases coming for Khorne.

I know some really cool lords / dragons have come out for a lot of other factions, and so was hoping there might be something in store for Khorne.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PotatoManJack posted:

I've done a look around the internet for any upcoming AoS releases, but can't seem to find anything new coming for Khorne in the next 6 months. I've got a ton of Blood Warriors, Reavers, and other units including a Korgath, but I'd really like one of the cool big units like a Blood Thirster... Only thing is I don't love the current big centerpiece models for Khorne and so was wondering if the goon hive mind was aware of any rumored new releases coming for Khorne.

I know some really cool lords / dragons have come out for a lot of other factions, and so was hoping there might be something in store for Khorne.

It’s a vary big maybe as we don’t know any upcoming 3e releases other than Stormcast and Orruks right now. Khorne has tended to get stuff, but we don’t know much right now.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I wonder if I can use this as a Stardrake proxy.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

PotatoManJack posted:

GW doesn't do release roadmaps far into the future. Generally we find out about new releases a couple of weeks before they hit stores.

The Khorne battletome, although a little long in the tooth, is not particularly old so I wouldn't expect a new battletome until sometime next year. They generally do not release new models for factions except as part of a battletome release.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

bird troops for gloomspite when

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
If you put goblins on Moebius style fatass pterodactyls, I would literally die.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I've just realized that they never posted the warscroll pdfs for the dominion units and while its likely they're just waiting for the battletomes I'm slightly worried that this is going to be a thing going forward.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/23/we-rate-gryphs-a-guide-to-the-cutest-and-most-ferocious-stormcast-eternal-companions/

Battletomes pushed out to September! But hey, dogs.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Yeah, this is it

And if they look that clean consider yourself lucky. I've bought three fine cast models and all three look like they were trapped in some resin spiderweb.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Since I'm a very slow painter, I'm kind of glad they got delayed... but at the same time, I want to know now how to build the pile of Stormcasts I still have in their boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Been trading some stuff around but have very little experience with AoS, could anybody tell me how useful this stuff I got offered is?

Gordakk, built, bare plastic
3 gore guntas bare plastic
ardboys 10 mostly painted., round bases,
19 mostly primed black, square magnet bases
1 oop metal champ leader, bare metal. magnet square base. i think he used to be a named character.
1 oop metal champ, leader, primered white. magnet square base. i think he was a named char.
1 painted warchanter
18 arrer boys
1 propet
1 big boss
1 wardokk
2 maniak weidnobs
boar boy maniaks 9 with 2 weapons, with leader, drum and banner
9 with spear shield leader drum, banner
15 painted boar boyz on rectanglear bases
2 boar chariots, 2 bare, 1 primed black
28 monopose arrer boyz primed black magnet square base
20 spear shield mostly black, magnet square base