Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

CREATE TABLE vaxedppl (
name varchar(80) NOT NULL,
dob date,
vaxbrand varchar(20),
count smallint
);

One billion dollars plz

lol just lol if you think a smallint could hold number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s called disaster capitalism

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

fosborb posted:

don't get vaccinated of you're pregnant was the advice many pregnant people were being given by their obstetrician, and given the state of US medicine, probably still are!

Every one of them should be sure for malpractice tbh. There has been significant data to support vaccinations while pregnant for months. My wife is more than 7 months pregnant, joined a study on pregnancy and Covid in March and got vaccinated in April (unrelated to the study).

Even before human data there was animal reproductive study data on the safety and general data on mRNA vaccines in general. There were also numerous studies about the dangers of Covid and pregnancy. Any doctor who made an overt recommendation against it should lose their license. They probably won’t but they should.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Schnorkles posted:

its impossible because government tech contractors are awful at their jobs and ship completely broken poo poo

this. and the military is *deeply* stupid as a general rule RE: this poo poo on top of that.

Elon loving Musk is clowning on them.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

tenderjerk posted:

My 3m hf-800 came in today from grainger and folks, I'm not sold on the "speaking diaphragm" thing as it sounds just as bad as the 3m 7500 series

just as a counterpoint, i disagree and think there is a notable difference

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Crazypoops posted:

You think the Manhattan project guys knew how big and intense the explosion was going to be maybe they had a general idea, then they tested it and they were like crack ping and that's the same feeling I'm having right now, all my confidence in how bad this is going to be will not prepare me for my mind being pureed by horrors at a demonic level

castle bravo test--the first hydrogen bomb

they thought it would be 5 megatons, but oopsie we forgot a calculation and it ended up being 15 megatons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew064gt2thY

the fireball bounced off the top of the stratosphere. guys in ships 30 miles away who thought they didn't need any protective gear or worry felt the blast heat. we irradiated nearby native islanders and japanese fishermen (this is what eventually inspired the godzilla movie makers).

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

mod sassinator posted:

bureaucracy--they can't build anything of that scale in less than like 5 years

Schnorkles posted:

its impossible because government tech contractors are awful at their jobs and ship completely broken poo poo

Yeah I’m just wondering because that’s like the simplest type of software to make, you just need a program that can add data to a database and a way to view the database.

Obviously there’s bigger issues like security and usability across the country, but to call it impossible. I assumed it was bullshit; I just wanted to confirm.

Trauts
May 1, 2010

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I finally got an update from industrial supply (after calling them on Monday and them saying "oh poo poo, that should've shipped a while ago. We'll get right on that. Sorry!").

They've created my shipping label! Ships ground USPS.
I ordered on July 29th.

loving trash.

I had the same experience but have yet to get a shipping confirmation. I guess that's what I get for trying to save a few bucks. Also idk if typo but when I ordered the only options they had was UPS ground at like 13$, no USPS option. Hopefully they get it on its way. Not very impressed with their performance so far. Might be different experience if buying a warehouse worth of their stuff but for small orders they are not efficient.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

The de-worming stuff is a tiktok trend, where ppl are taking de-worming meds and seeing parts of their intestinal lining in the toilet and thinking that they're cleasing their system

This is like when parents were making their kids drink bleach and posting pictures of the "parasites" leaving their bodies :stonk:

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

I love this poo poo because it's transparently disingenuous, coming straight from cognitive dissonance. the denominator for 203 would be "the # of people who went to testing sites that have a duty to report and actually disclosed they went to a superspreader event that they have every reason not to mention", not 400,000 attendees, the majority of whom will never be tested.

Like, if you're the type of person who went to Lolla, you're also the type of person who has an predisposition to making sure things like Lolla continue unabated by the pandemic, so why would you tell on yourself?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Lawlicaust posted:

Every one of them should be sure for malpractice tbh. There has been significant data to support vaccinations while pregnant for months. My wife is more than 7 months pregnant, joined a study on pregnancy and Covid in March and got vaccinated in April (unrelated to the study).

Even before human data there was animal reproductive study data on the safety and general data on mRNA vaccines in general. There were also numerous studies about the dangers of Covid and pregnancy. Any doctor who made an overt recommendation against it should lose their license. They probably won’t but they should.

[stepping over numerous dead pregnant women littering the hallways, busts through door to make my point] oaky but perhaps we should Wait For The Science before doing anything rash

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah I’m just wondering because that’s like the simplest type of software to make, you just need a program that can add data to a database and a way to view the database.

Obviously there’s bigger issues like security and usability across the country, but to call it impossible. I assumed it was bullshit; I just wanted to confirm.

It's a big project for a year, but a solid team with a good plan could do it.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Testvan posted:

ok, fine: let’s say I make some bread. Then what? do I make more. bread?
i lmao everytime this gets mentioned

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Often with government contracts it gets so bogged down in "nice-to-haves" that it gives the contractor the ability to just ship a completely broken product and not really have to try.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Often with government contracts it gets so bogged down in "nice-to-haves" that it gives the contractor the ability to just ship a completely broken product and not really have to try.

But enough about my balls!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Good news!

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1425882609347878916?s=21

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

CREATE TABLE vaxedppl (
dob date,
vaxbrand varchar(20),
count smallint
);

One billion dollars plz

no primary key, must be the real database some government contractor wrote.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

hi yes I'm here for my first shot. my name is max'); DROP TABLE vaxxedppl;--

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

idk what you’re talking about, no one has the same name.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

like how does not make a parent go full [REDACTED] at their respective red state governor

The responsibility is too diffuse, there's nothing an individual can do.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

when can i get the nose juice

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CREATE TABLE vaxedppl (
dob date,
vaxbrand varchar(20),
count smallint
);

One billion dollars plz

It hurts me how very much of a federal database this would be because well... Sam's name is only like 20 letters... and Moderna isn't very long we'll never need more than that and we need to save that column space

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Google Butt posted:

when can i get the nose juice

i think one is moving into stage 3 right nowesh.

There's at least 3 in stage 2

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Joementum posted:

these numbers are not good. we're surging again.

school starts in 1.5 weeks. colleges start in 3 weeks.

what's keeping the hospitalizations and deaths down is that the state's population is old with fewer children and has the highest vaccination rate. they refuse to disclose the breakthrough rate on new cases, but 25% of the hospitalizations are fully vaccinated, sooooo......

you can get pretty far with a high vaccination rate, low population, extremely low density, and most activities for tourists happening entirely outdoors, but only so far.

ah, gotcha, I just remember back at the peak VT would always be the last state to turn red

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

ALTER TABLE vaxedppl
ADD PRIMARY KEY (dob);

:smug:

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Schnorkles posted:

what's fun is that when the FDA is totally burning down like it is right now that the entire safety apparatus around your food and drug production in the US goes to poo poo too~

i would not be taking dangerous compounds at this exact moment.

i'm kind of afraid to eat processed food anymore. have noticed a general decline in quality control of a lot of stuff. huge sharp bones in frozen chicken nugs, rancid cheese on frozen pizza, hot dogs that taste like they were rolled in dirt, soap flavored soup, bread that was hosed up in the proofing, etc. and those are just the super obvious problems. who knows how much bacteria and other contaminants i'm unwittingly consuming these days. at a guess, significantly more than i used to. i'm making most meals totally from scratch now

even the canned cat food seems hit or miss. like sometimes my cats will happily scarf down a whole case of something and then completely, unanimously refuse to touch anything from the next case, as if there's something badly wrong with it

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

ALTER TABLE vaxedppl
ADD PRIMARY KEY (dob);

gently caress!!

You saved us so much in storage space for the database that we’re promoting you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

cats are completely insane people

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

the US had no ability to respond to crises as early as hurricane katrina, when the government response was to sit it their asses for weeks after the storm then reluctantly send in the national guard for and eventually reached its end goal of letting the private sector buy up all the residents' land for rock bottom prices

that's not true, well regulated militia's quickly set up shop to help extra judicially murder black folks on the street. the framers of the constitution would be proud.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sure they have, people have been talking about the US's opportunity for "vaccine diplomacy" for a while now

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

euphronius posted:

cats are completely insane people

what if they're the sane ones and we're the crazy people for working all day instead of just loafing and sleeping

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wore my respirator to the grocery store for the first time, not nearly as many weird looks as I expected

i also saw some old lady rocking a faceshield with her mask, good on you old lady

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Lenin Stimpy posted:

I'm reading the Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson instead of going crazy at home, and I'm having a delightful time doing it after work. I highly recommend fiction that respects the reader to get through this insane era

lol i teared up at the end of Green Mars because it conveyed a sense of community that you literally can't find in any aspect of modern American life

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

FizFashizzle posted:

i've considered dropping to 20/4 and starting my post work day with a protein shake and only eat dinner.

I'm seriously not even hungry when lunch comes around.

i do the 20/4 and i love it

i also love doing deadlifts and squats at home

thank u mr covid

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

FrancisFukyomama posted:

ah, gotcha, I just remember back at the peak VT would always be the last state to turn red

I think Hawaii's going to beat Vermont this time. There's way too much complacency here about being The Most Vaccinated State and every time there's an article about our cases rising the tote bag crew floods the comments with "only the non-vaccinated will get it".

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

WampaLord posted:

wore my respirator to the grocery store for the first time, not nearly as many weird looks as I expected

i also saw some old lady rocking a faceshield with her mask, good on you old lady

Thankfully I've received more compliments and verbalized negativity when wearing mine

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
for the seattle area, UW's testing lab always has nice daily reports and LMAO it's up to 8% positivity now: https://depts.washington.edu/labmed/covid19/ the latest spike in positives is just about as tall as the spikes they were seeing in the fall surge (you have to really zoom in to see it though)

seattle area is probably going to be passing the fall and going into a new all time peak next week. loving wild... 80% of adults vaccinated 1 shot, doesn't matter to delta. i also have to imagine a lot of the idiots who are going out to eat, etc. were probably some of the early ones to get shots so they could "act immune"... and we're basically 6 months past that window

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

"now that's a real mask"

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

gradenko_2000 posted:

Just lol at the Pentagon having to pretend like they don't already have a database of every American

What, did Langley not want to share?

fun fact, when you submit your sf 86 you need zero additional paperwork with it

because lol why? the fbi is going to pull all of your info themselves anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

A museum here in NYC, one of many, is discussing bringing people back to work

they have also, for the last year or so, been creating DEAI taskgroups/etc. (that have been largely ignored)

today, this particular museum that will remain unnamed for a little bit, argued that to fulfill DEAI, all staff had to come back to the office because the security guards, who are mostly black, had to see their mostly white counterparts back in the office

they responded to a suggestion that guards get paid more, on level with program and admin staff who work from home, and are provided any level of PPE they desire, as "unfeasible"

employers are garbage