Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

please knock Mom! posted:

Seriously don’t, it’s a hellhole full of casters and the exit is behind a mob which spams ice comet

That mob also has a 500 point AOE that almost iced my raid monk lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah I'm not sure why he wants to but I told him it's not gonna happen people are set in their ways anyway. I'd only ever done Lake on live and now done Kurns on 99.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh people go to dalnir, just at level 40-50

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vomik posted:

lol.

if someone were to just load up unity and design a few rooms and just replayed them over and over how much money do you think they could get from kickstarter? asking for a friend

Have they shown off a full dungeon? Feel like someone in their free time coulda done so in a couple months.

please knock Mom! posted:

Oh people go to dalnir, just at level 40-50

I think he's trying to get people primed for it later on but I thought other zones were much more popular for that range.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah nobody goes there for xp, it’s a loot dungeon. If yah’s a necro that’s where he gets his dagger, and a bunch of insanely good but nodrop monk armor drops there.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I'm spoiled by Lesser Evac for druids/wiz at 20ish in Luclin, I can't imagine suffering through a lot of Kunark dungeons without them. You poor souls :(

but also looking forward to Karnov's Kastle, City of Fog, and Oasis of Marn.

cmdrk fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 12, 2021

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Can't wait for them to reveal Beynos and Breeport and Brobb and Borth Bommonlands

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Lake of Sick Omens.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

The Pit, right outside the city of Ouchfish, where the evil Smartypants race live after they broke away from the Smartypants in Smartypandin

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I'm stretching my EQ knowledge, I actually didn't play beyond like level 20 during the Kunark era.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Zil posted:

Lake of Sick Omens.

that actually sounds pretty metal. probably need to key for Beeshan's Beak there.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lmao at the last page

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I hope there is a lizard race in the game and they call it the Skar or something.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cohh's stream is starting up if anyone wants to watch exciting, next gen gameplay live.

https://twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Looks bad.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They said at the beginning of the stream that they have 3 devs lol

thread title feeling more real than ever

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Ehud posted:

They said at the beginning of the stream that they have 3 devs lol

thread title feeling more real than ever

Wouldn't be surprised if they all live in the same house. A real lean and innovative approach to developement.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

game looks 15 years old

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

shirunei posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if they all live in the same house. A real lean and innovative approach to development.

Sadly the testimonials coming out from current and former Blizzard (and other companies) employees/contractors about their horrid pay means this is an actual thing for a lot of devs :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Here’s the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD5-PxulcBo

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming those aren't even custom assets?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Well, the good news is if they were going for a game that looks like an Everquest remake from 2007 then I think they nailed it.

They have only 3 devs? Is that good for what they are showing? I have no idea?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
looks a lot more like a wow clone than eq, that rogue has a full bar of abilities and high energy regen

the tank has a rage bar and the health bars move around at wow speed. an eq cleric wouldnt be able to keep up. I do see some crowd control going on but it looks much more like wow-style polymorph than eq chanter CROWD control where you lock down whole squads

still looks better than Crypt of Dalnir though, holy loving gently caress gently caress that piece of poo poo zone

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Dalnir is an awesome zone you just can’t expect to survive it without a solid core group of cc and evac, or you pull to the exit portal on l2, also never, never, NEVER pull the overseer. Doesn’t matter if he’s a green, he’ll destroy your entire group in 12 seconds or less.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

For someone who really wants to play "less casual" mmos, cohh not knowing to los the caster when he pulls at the beginning is kind of funny. But that may be a habit ingrained in me from way too much time playing wow.

After watching a while of that, if this game ever actually comes out in 20 years I miiiight try it, if I can still see a computer screen.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 15, 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

onesixtwo posted:

Dalnir is an awesome zone you just can’t expect to survive it without a solid core group of cc and evac, or you pull to the exit portal on l2, also never, never, NEVER pull the overseer. Doesn’t matter if he’s a green, he’ll destroy your entire group in 12 seconds or less.

You can kill him with charms, just need a way to guarantee he doesn’t get in melee with anyone. Doable with a group for sure

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

looks a lot more like a wow clone than eq, that rogue has a full bar of abilities and high energy regen

the tank has a rage bar and the health bars move around at wow speed. an eq cleric wouldnt be able to keep up. I do see some crowd control going on but it looks much more like wow-style polymorph than eq chanter CROWD control where you lock down whole squads

still looks better than Crypt of Dalnir though, holy loving gently caress gently caress that piece of poo poo zone

Yeah after Brad died Pantheon saw the way the winds were blowing and pivoted towards WoW classic and ESO a while back. It's hardly even reminiscent of EQ at this point.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Sachant posted:

Yeah after Brad died Pantheon saw the way the winds were blowing and pivoted towards WoW classic and ESO a while back. It's hardly even reminiscent of EQ at this point.

The Vision™️ died with him.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

jabro posted:

The Vision™️ died with him.

:cry:

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

drat! That's not good. I wish Brad hadn't hosed up Vanguard Saga of Heroes. Imagine if Vanguard stayed alive it got a steam re-release nowadays? Oooh what could have been...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's come up before but Vanguard had such cool loving classes. It is too bad Brad couldn't manage worth poo poo.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's come up before but Vanguard had such cool loving classes. It is too bad Brad couldn't manage worth poo poo.

Yeah, Blood Mage and Disciple were really cool IIRC

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
people always spoke very positively about blood mage and monk but vanguard had a lot of classes and the others dont get a peep

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
e: hey you reg'd 1 day before me! ^ :argh:

Shaman was great and too few MMOs have speedy bards.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I always wanted to see the DAOC Friar make a comeback. The appeal of being a dude who whacks goblins with a stick in order to heal his buddies is hard to argue with.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sachant posted:

I always wanted to see the DAOC Friar make a comeback. The appeal of being a dude who whacks goblins with a stick in order to heal his buddies is hard to argue with.

Vanguard also had the disciple, which was a monk / healer hybrid that kicked people healthy. It was what I maimed back in the day and it ruled. Their single target tank healing wasn't as great as a cleric or blood mage, but they had aoe passive healing in abundance and made great secondary healers in a group because you had great support and feign death.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

IIRC the Warrior-Priest/Disciple of Khaine from WAR and Bear Shaman from Age of Conan were similar to that, too.

Man those games had some really neat class design

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Man I had a ton of fun with both of those at launch. The WAr private server thingy is fun if you need something MMOish to entertain yourself.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I'm already playing FFXIV, FFXI, and TSW because I'm a madman. I do have the WAR private server client installed though.

I kinda miss weird utility classes from old MMOs like EQ's Bard and Enchanter and how you could have dedicated Buff/Debuff classes in DAoC but I suppose including that kind of thing makes designing encounters and stuff more of a pain. I don't know, that's my assumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FrostyPox posted:

I'm already playing FFXIV, FFXI, and TSW because I'm a madman. I do have the WAR private server client installed though.

I kinda miss weird utility classes from old MMOs like EQ's Bard and Enchanter and how you could have dedicated Buff/Debuff classes in DAoC but I suppose including that kind of thing makes designing encounters and stuff more of a pain. I don't know, that's my assumption.

I miss buffing classes. :(