Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

that sounds nice but that thread is 880 pages long lol where is the proof that their food is better quality?

google says that costco brand poo poo is made by all the same kinds of companies that make store brand poo poo for everywhere else too:

Tyson Foods
Starbucks
Hellman's
Duracell
Gordon Biersch (same cheap beer supplier as trader joes!)
etc

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

empty whippet box posted:

mississippi reporting 4400 new cases in one day :trumppop:

m-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-die

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i've had to convince my spouse out childhood bad habits taught by a lived-through-depression era grandparent because i'd rather throw out some dodgy eggs instead of risking an er trip for food poisoning

it all comes down to the bean hoard, in the end

What are "dodgy eggs" to you? Are you really insistent on observing the sell-by date?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

What are "dodgy eggs" to you? Are you really insistent on observing the sell-by date?

i always heard that if eggs float in water, they've gone bad, but if they stay submerged they're still good

but i've never tested if the floaty eggs really are bad

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Rah! posted:

i always heard that if eggs float in water, they've gone bad, but if they stay submerged they're still good

but i've never tested if the floaty eggs really are bad

Some of the floaty eggs are still good. Crack em and see if they smell off. IIRC, it's because the air pocket gets bigger as they sit.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Stereotype posted:

remember when the panic happens you’re too late. go to Costco now. stock up, poo poo is about to get Real

I was chatting with my coworker earlier, she was saying how her husband keeps buying extra things at the store, like bread, and she's really exasperated about it. She told me several weeks ago that he'd been reading coronavirus news and was concerned about delta, so I laughed and said he's probably panic buying things on the down low. Dude works in grocery, he probably sees what's about to go out of stock and is trying to get ahead of it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

it owns that republicans have the easiest most slam dunk political attack angle against biden for opening up and dooming the country to delta dental covid, making trumps doddering bungle look like a concerted effort. Except they hosed it all up by playing up trumps deranged deflection of blame to call it fake news democrat hoax china virus and politically demonizing masks and vaccines. It's just not possible for them to square the circle on saying biden hosed it when he follow the gop strategy of herd immunity.

they're actually doing exactly this but specifically attacking him on making covid worse by opening up the border to hordes of diseased immigrants

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
https://twitter.com/bone00afide/status/1425626435172147204?s=19

man, it's going to take a lot of nightly benders before im broken enough again to make a daily sandyhooks dashboard

*cracks knuckles and pulls the foil off a bottle of bourbon*

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

I was chatting with my coworker earlier, she was saying how her husband keeps buying extra things at the store, like bread, and she's really exasperated about it. She told me several weeks ago that he'd been reading coronavirus news and was concerned about delta, so I laughed and said he's probably panic buying things on the down low. Dude works in grocery, he probably sees what's about to go out of stock and is trying to get ahead of it.

avos’kas for all

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fosborb posted:

man, it's going to take a lot of nightly benders before im broken enough again to make a daily sandyhooks dashboard

Does it matter? Reality happens either way.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

lol crackl ping was doomposting on Aussie national tv last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uezHgoEVI5Q

Edit: Basically saying our entire strategy to stop locking down and opening international borders if/when we hit 80% vaxxed will be suicidal (he's right).

UnfortunateSexFart has issued a correction as of 22:40 on Aug 12, 2021

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Fame Douglas posted:

nah sell by date is whatever but you gotta float test them if they've been there awhile, "end up" is mass boiled egg time and floating outright is it's gone

i will say that costco still rocks (supply chains? employees? both? idk) because their stuff is always good well past the sell by on the label and it's always max expiration date on day of purchase, every other place is apparently just not giving a gently caress about rotating stock and has milk/eggs that's got a sell by of today and i never remember to check until I'm at home and wondering why it smells off already

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Reminder that Anthrax is playing Sturgis tonight. Hope they're playing some of the hits from their classic album "Spreading the Disease"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

fosborb posted:

look, X number of dead kids is just the price we pay for freedom

besides, i've been assured that 2X kids would have died from remote schooling being a temporary disruption in their lives

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh man I should check out the subreddit, IU doing this made a lot of people really mad even tho I'm pretty sure there is an ethical/religious exemption you can take. Maybe they actually made them prove it beyond just saying so. We're a blood red state from top to bottom outside of a few blue bubbles and yet nobody has given the people protesting the mandate the time of day lmao

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

fosborb posted:

we stopped giving a gently caress about mass shootings a while ago so this just rolls off our collective backs

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fosborb posted:

a pile of dead toddlers every week is a small price to pay for freedom and america has made that clear time and time and time again

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

LionArcher posted:

here’s what I’m wondering. What’s the ending? Or is this just the preview is everything slowly slides in the hell with climate change getting worse and worse every year. over the l last year and a half I’ve lost about half my friends because of distance not being able to see them anymore/their brains breaking from COVID everything’s fine. We’ve already joked about how impossible it is to date if you’re single.

because right now it doesn’t seem like we’re ever actually going to get rid of Covid. The only way we’re actually gonna get rid of COVID it is once society actually breaks down even more and that is still at least a decade out. Although with the way things are going may be a decade out is optimistic.

it will eventually soften as it mutates. we had no treatment or anything for 1918 and after about 5 years life had mostly gotten back to where we were before it

i think we have a few more arrows in our modern quiver with boosters and treatment breakthroughs that might reduce the time a bit. but i doubt we'll ever have a magic moment where everything ends and goes back to 2019 in a matter of weeks or months. it's just a slog of being a little smarter and in tune than the average person so you're not throwing yourself into danger unnecessarily

but yeah climate change is probably the thing to worry more about complete doom

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

mistermojo posted:

we stopped giving a gently caress about mass shootings a while ago so this just rolls off our collective backs

sandy hook was the vaccine for caring about dead kids

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

empty whippet box posted:

a pile of dead toddlers every week is a small price to pay for freedom and america has made that clear time and time and time again

In some parts of the country you can't get an abortion, so this is the only way out of parenthood for a lot of people

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

it will eventually soften as it mutates. we had no treatment or anything for 1918 and after about 5 years life had mostly gotten back to where we were before it

That's just a possibility, it's not guaranteed to happen at all. It's all down to random chance.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

all pandemics end eventually just like aids

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

lol crackl ping was doomposting on Aussie national tv last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uezHgoEVI5Q

Edit: Basically saying our entire strategy to stop locking down and opening international borders if/when we hit 80% vaxxed will be suicidal (he's right).

it's not difficult, you vaccinate everyone with every tool of coercion available to you, eliminate local transmission with lockdowns, quarantine all international travelers for 2 weeks while repeatedly testing them indefinitely until the virus is eliminated worldwide. bing bong so simple

no other metric matters besides local cases. vaccinated % is meaningless. it's like making your openerup decisions based on masking % or test positivity rate (lol lmao :smithicide:)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

RC Cola posted:

But what was it

dropbox might be throttling it, it's the covid thread: the documentary: the trailer, an adam curtis parody tribute

this link might work: this link

edit: well poo poo doesn't work in a private window. i guess dropbox is throttling it or took it down. motherfuckers

anyone got a free video host that can take a 416mb mp4?

mod sassinator has issued a correction as of 22:48 on Aug 12, 2021

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

mod sassinator posted:

i think we have a few more arrows in our modern quiver with boosters and treatment breakthroughs that might reduce the time a bit. but i doubt we'll ever have a magic moment where everything ends and goes back to 2019 in a matter of weeks or months. it's just a slog of being a little smarter and in tune than the average person so you're not throwing yourself into danger unnecessarily

but yeah climate change is probably the thing to worry more about complete doom

this also means that this particular strain of coronaviruses likely becomes endemic and, much like influenza, are one bad set of mutations away from doing all this again

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

inferis posted:

uhhhh, PrEP much? heh

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

inferis posted:

"the ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently"

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

mod sassinator posted:

dropbox might be throttling it, it's the covid thread: the documentary: the trailer, an adam curtis parody tribute

this link might work: this link

just gives a 404

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i heard there was a covid strain

that made us stay at home again

but you don't really care for science do you?

it goes like this, alpha, beta, delta next and then comes theta

the broken brained goon posting, lmao

lmao

lmao

lmao, lmaaaaaaao

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Fame Douglas posted:

That's just a possibility, it's not guaranteed to happen at all. It's all down to random chance.

no there is absolutely nothing random about selective pressure.

viruses don't really care about killing us, they "want" to be successful and replicate. the most successful viruses are those that don't actually kill their hosts.

it's not like a law or something like that, but the most successful influenza viruses are the ones that are just annoying enough to get you sick but not actually put you down for the count or anything.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Guess the X axis

Answer here:https://acasignups.net/21/08/11/us-covid19-vaccination-levels-county-over-time

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it's not difficult, you vaccinate everyone with every tool of coercion available to you, eliminate local transmission with lockdowns, quarantine all international travelers for 2 weeks while repeatedly testing them indefinitely until the virus is eliminated worldwide. bing bong so simple

no other metric matters besides local cases. vaccinated % is meaningless. it's like making your openerup decisions based on masking % or test positivity rate (lol lmao :smithicide:)

Yes but we're already doing that and our prime minister keeps saying we're gonna open er up and stop doing everything once we hit 80% vaxxed because he's a moron. This is the messaging from the chud feds. Luckily state premiers will never let it happen, but scomo will ensure they're punished politically for it.

Although this is all theoretical too because we will never hit 80% vaxxed with half of the country never really experiencing/fearing covid.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fame Douglas posted:

Does it matter? Reality happens either way.

why prevent children dying when you can just let it happen

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

paging Joe to plz explain Vermont and if there is any conclusion other than “lol just lmao were hosed” as the most vaccinated state in the country has exponential case growth. we can only point below the mason Dixon line for so long

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Delta is more successful because it spreads like wildfire. We're talking about magnitudes of CFR difference potentially vs wild type (maybe.. hard to actually know because its so much more contagious and maybe knock-on effects like the hospital system collapsing end up kicking up the CFR), but as far as respiratory viruses are concerned, COVID (even delta) has a very, very low CFR.

Untreated pneumococcus has an 80% CFR lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

i think SCOTUS not even deigning to deal with vaccine requirements is probably a good thing

oh absolutely

text editor posted:

By that point we'll probably need a fresh batch of babies to replace all the dead ones.

the recent census count revealed a white population decline. more white babies are needed stat.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

at one point I looked into getting prep, I actually have decent insurance and every other prescription costs me $5 but prep would have cost $500/month after my insurance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lmao @ AIDS prevention being prohibitively expensive.