Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I forget, is C-SPAM pro-Taliban or just "death to America"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

super sweet best pal posted:

c-spam is pro death in general for all

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
oh hey cool there was an anti-refugee pogrom in Ankara. The fun never ends!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
i looooooooooove death

i warmly look forward to never having to give a poo poo about anything ever again

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
On one hand the Afghan war was a collosal boondoggle that killed hundreds of thousands to benefit the U.S. military industrial complex but on the other hand the cool refugee who opened up a kebab place by my house is making bank and living the American dream so who's to say...

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Looks like Chinas planning on giving the Taliban some of that sweet sweet Belt and Road money soon:-

https://twitter.com/rupertstone83/status/1425906851720441860?s=21

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Vis a vis someone who follows Iranian media, Iran & Taliban made arrangements such that Iran won't oppose Taliban so long as Shias/Tajiks are left alone.

Are there any good articles on the composition of the Taliban now vs 20 years ago? I imagine what exists now in terms of leadership, ideology, and structure is very different from then, like Ship of Theseus.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Al-Saqr posted:

Looks like Chinas planning on giving the Taliban some of that sweet sweet Belt and Road money soon:-

in 2 years Democrats are going to say that China is genociding the Taliban

Morbus
May 18, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

C-SPAM is pro lol and a defender of lmao rights

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Fall of Saigon 2.0 is about to happen

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1425902462435725317?s=19

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1425906398328655881?s=19

'thousands of troops' being flown back in

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Which losers are downvoting this glorious thread lmao

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

republicans are gonna run on images of the taliban playing soccer with people's heads in Kabul for the midterm elections

lindsey graham is gonna be on TV saying thats coming here and Ted Cruz is gonna going around saying we need to make the sand glow over there

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Does sending in fresh troops count as another war or is it still the same one

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Given you already left the equipment to the Afghanis when leaving in the middle of the night the other week...

A new war, you need new equipment brought in.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
-nvm, outdated

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
just laying the groundwork for President Hunter Biden to finish the job his daddy didn't

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

drunkill posted:

Given you already left the equipment to the Afghanis when leaving in the middle of the night the other week...

A new war, you need new equipment brought in.

The taliban sent their engineers into our abandoned command centers and now they have access to our tech trees

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Junkozeyne posted:

Does sending in fresh troops count as another war or is it still the same one

One thing for sure, the no-bid contracts will double in cost to deliver the same thing as before.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

That's the Presidents nephew who was involved with the various corrupt mining scandals. One of the innumerable awful monsters who became unfathomably rich looting Afghanistan under the American regime.
He's posting Biden/Harris style walking photos now and it's fairly infuriating.

Can't imagine why nobody wants to die for these people.

oh, that makes "jumping from crisis to crisis" much better hahahahahah gently caress him

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

i literally just emptied my (somewhat meager) bank account because of this
i'm totally broke and gonna live off oatmeal and eggs until the next pay check a week and a half from now
lmao

gently caress that poo poo dude, sorry :(

drop in the goonbux thread!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

it’s official, Kandahar, the second largest city in Afghanistan has fallen to the Taliban:-

https://twitter.com/jonlemire/status/1425924510264578056?s=21

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1425926622696333316?s=21

Kabul’s absolutely going to fall before 9/11 lol

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 22:18 on Aug 12, 2021

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

https://twitter.com/trueanonpod/status/1425928649492992002?s=21

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

so the graveyard of empires curse only hits after leaving, right?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
well it was worth it, hasn't been another 9/11 style attack in 20 years! freedom isn't free! :patriot:

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Aug 12, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lmao US begs Taliban not to burn the embassy to ground

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/12/us/politics/taliban-afghanistan-us-embassy.html

quote:

American negotiators are trying to extract assurances from the Taliban that they will not attack the U.S. Embassy in Kabul if the extremist group takes over the country’s government and ever wants to receive foreign aid, three American officials said.

The effort, led by Zalmay Khalilzad, the chief American envoy in talks with the Taliban, seeks to stave off a full evacuation of the embassy as they rapidly seize cities across Afghanistan. On Thursday, the State Department announced it was sending home an unspecified number of the 1,400 Americans stationed at the embassy and drawing down to what the agency’s spokesman, Ned Price, described as a “core diplomatic presence” in Kabul.

The embassy also urged Americans who were not working for the U.S. government to immediately leave Afghanistan on commercial flights. The Taliban’s march has put embassies in Kabul on high alert for a surge of violence in coming months, or even weeks, and forced consulates and other diplomatic missions in the country to shut down.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

a little negotiation with terrorists, as a treat

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"We don't negotiate with terrorists" always was a weird movie thing.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Really weird to see this group we were fighting for years easily take over a country. Who were we fighting over there exactly?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Obesity, caused by all the fast food restaurants on base.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Bideo James posted:

Who were we fighting over there exactly?

literal schoolchildren

long read but pro-click, definitely :nms:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

Obesity, caused by all the fast food restaurants on base.

In the Taliban really wanted to hurt American soldiers they would have zeroed in their rocket strikes on the base Micky Ds

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Bideo James posted:

Really weird to see this group we were fighting for years easily take over a country. Who were we fighting over there exactly?

mostly just local militias that were rivals to the Karzai, Ghani, Sherzai etc patronage networks and got labeled Taliban arbitrarily in the early days
this eventually led to the Taliban coming back and then we mostly just merked civilians who paid them protection money

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zedhe Khoja posted:

mostly just local militias that were rivals to the Karzai, Ghani, Sherzai etc patronage networks and got labeled Taliban arbitrarily in the early days
this eventually led to the Taliban coming back and then we mostly just merked civilians who paid them protection money

Yeah despite the simple US narrative "Taliban / Al Qaeda" as some sort of overarching chain of command, it had more in common with China's warlord period especially how things were split along regional and ethnic divisions in Afghanistan.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

the devil united states got what they deserve

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ohrwurm posted:

the devil united states got what they deserve

Please don't burn down the embassy the US begged the Taliban.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

currently getting very Big Mad texts from a normie friend because i said america and the west spilled 20 years of blood and treasure for absolutely nothing lol

the content of the texts? every lib interventionalist talking point lol

god the media brainwashed so many people

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

like, how the gently caress did america spend a trillion dollars and end up with a proxy army that's even MORE useless than the south vietnamese looooll

From one of the guys in the Afghan commandos:

90% of the GIRoA's army basically doesn't exist; it's ghost soldiers all the way down.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Al-Saqr posted:

lmao

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Gresh posted:

republicans are gonna run on images of the taliban playing soccer with people's heads in Kabul for the midterm elections

lindsey graham is gonna be on TV saying thats coming here and Ted Cruz is gonna going around saying we need to make the sand glow over there

yea the Republicans are gonna succesfully campaign on the war they ran into the ground finally being lost as a way to help get back into power because this country is dumb as poo poo and deserves every bad thing that happens to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Comrade Xi knows what's up