Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Travis's solo on the theremin was... not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

WEEKLY TAZ FOR A MONTH AND A HALF! :woop:

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/1425816272458063873?s=19

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

eke out posted:

also im p sure the 40 year old dudes in this thread are very much the exception and their average listener is 20something
I'm in my 20s and my little sister who is more of a listener than me hasn't even hit 20 yet

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Evil band monpaigne has released their new music video for "My Life is Better Than You"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
oh my god are they finally releasing a full version of this earworm

Very cruel of this montagnee person to leave a 20-second version out there for like 6 months

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nut puzzle 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Wasabi the J posted:

I only hear the song at 1.25x and it sounds so slow in real time.

Montaigne, "My Life Is Better with You [CHOPPED&SCREWED]"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So what do you figure them doing the surprise dump of weekly TAZ is a make good of sorts for the tour thing?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Twice the ad revenue in a month where they took a hit of a canceled tour, perhaps. Or maybe they're having enough fun recording or it's going quicker than they thought, etc.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
How is the new show? I haven’t really enjoyed a any of their D&D since the adventure zone, I listened to the first pre episode and it was a bit too behind the scenes for me.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Disappointing Pie posted:

How is the new show? I haven’t really enjoyed a any of their D&D since the adventure zone, I listened to the first pre episode and it was a bit too behind the scenes for me.

I'm enjoying it so far. The world building episodes are definitely not for everyone, but I enjoyed them. Now that they're into the game, it's working pretty well. 5e is still not the best system for the kind of show they're trying to make, but it's the system everyone's familiar with, so whatever.

The ship combat system Griffin made seems super cool so far, just enough mechanics to feel like there's stakes, but enough room for roleplay.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

more falafel please posted:

5e is still not the best system for the kind of show they're trying to make, but it's the system everyone's familiar with, so whatever.

(Everyone except for the McElroys.)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Empty Sandwich posted:

Montaigne, "My Life Is Better with You [chipmunks 16 rpm sludgefest]"

Screwed means slowed down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFbL-3gTPzk

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Coming soon to a Munch Squad near you https://twitter.com/tacobellnews/status/1425849002822569988?s=21

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The fast food places should pool their money and subsidize the brothers, imo, imho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao give me vacuum tubes filled with poo poo

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Taco Bell Defy God

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

This is halfway to the Taco Bell panopticon

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Getting closer to Demolition Man's Franchise Wars.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

tallco bell

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

just looks like a tackier kfc iceland

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

weird place for Dahir Insaat to wind up but I guess if it works for him

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Try the new Taco Bell with your Taco Bell Toll Tag! Place your order online in advance using your Taco Bell App, and just drive on through as our Taco Bell Automation Service scans your tag and delivers your order straight to your window! Leave the line behind, it's Taco Toll Time tmtmtmtmtmmtmtmtm

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Shinjobi posted:

Try the new Taco Bell with your Taco Bell Toll Tag! Place your order online in advance using your Taco Bell App, and just drive on through as our Taco Bell Automation Service scans your tag and delivers your order straight to your window! Leave the line behind, it's Taco Toll Time tmtmtmtmtmmtmtmtm

100 lucky Taco Bell superfans will be enrolled into the test run of the Taco Bell Toll Tag 2.0, which will be injected directly into the prefrontal cortex. Soon you'll be able to order a delicious crunchwrap with a mere thought!

HEALTH AND SAFETY WARNING: Customers in possession of the Taco Bell Toll Tag 2.0 should refrain from thinking negative thoughts regarding Taco Bell, Yum! Brands, or any other Yum! Brands subsidiaries at all times.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

yes

bc

Wasabi the J posted:

it sounds so slow in real time

are

you on the syrup? is that what's happening?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Empty Sandwich posted:

are

you on the syrup? is that what's happening?

they're saying they're one of those freak-asses who listen to podcasts at x1.25 speed

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Alaois posted:

they're saying they're one of those freak-asses who listen to podcasts at x1.25 speed

At this point I can't imagine how anyone listens at 1x. Depending on which pod I'm listening to it's gotta be at least 1.2, maybe even 1.5 for some of the more poorly edited/low energy ones.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Overcast will dynamically cut out silences/breaks so there is no need for that sort of business. I’ve apparently “saved” 330 hours at this point.

Now if you’re doing a video course or whatever that’s another matter entirely.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Warbird posted:

Overcast will dynamically cut out silences/breaks so there is no need for that sort of business. I’ve apparently “saved” 330 hours at this point.

i accidentally listened to a podcast with that kind of "silence editing" and it was loving torturous, i don't know what kind of lives you people are leading where you're like "i need this podcast i'm listening to to end as quickly as possible to get on to the next one that i also need to end as quickly as possible"

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Alaois posted:

i accidentally listened to a podcast with that kind of "silence editing" and it was loving torturous, i don't know what kind of lives you people are leading where you're like "i need this podcast i'm listening to to end as quickly as possible to get on to the next one that i also need to end as quickly as possible"

one highly aware of our limited time on earth

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't listen to podcasts fast but I do read fast, so if anyone watches me play, like, a JRPG or something, they get very frustrated because i'm quickly going through dialog boxes and they can't follow along

But I'm not doing it to speedrun, I just... read fast

I've tried watching anime at 1.15x speed and it can make some of the animation look a little odd at times even though you'd think anime would be best suited for it (often being animated at one drawing every 6/8 frames). i wouldn't bother with podcasts.. especially going above 1.2x? It'll cause words to crunch together and phonemes to get lost/blurred

i understand the compulsion (wanting to binge something but you have limited time) but it seems like a worse experience

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I listen to podcasts at half speed so everyone sounds drunk off their rear end

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

I don't listen to podcasts fast but I do read fast, so if anyone watches me play, like, a JRPG or something, they get very frustrated because i'm quickly going through dialog boxes and they can't follow along

But I'm not doing it to speedrun, I just... read fast

I've tried watching anime at 1.15x speed and it can make some of the animation look a little odd at times even though you'd think anime would be best suited for it (often being animated at one drawing every 6/8 frames). i wouldn't bother with podcasts.. especially going above 1.2x? It'll cause words to crunch together and phonemes to get lost/blurred

i understand the compulsion (wanting to binge something but you have limited time) but it seems like a worse experience

it's nice for history podcasts or other informational things when you're paying close attention, but using it for comedy seems totally insane

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

eke out posted:

it's nice for history podcasts or other informational things when you're paying close attention, but using it for comedy seems totally insane

If you can increase the jokes per minute (JPM) by cutting extraneous silences you’re objectively making the podcast funnier. It’s just science!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

one highly aware of our limited time on earth

i am sure of so few things, but of this I am certain:

the quality of your life nor the fear of its end will not improve by finishing more podcasts

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Entropic posted:

If you can increase the jokes per minute (JPM) by cutting extraneous silences you’re objectively making the podcast funnier. It’s just science!

Ah, a variant application of the MacFarlane Conjecture.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Warbird posted:

I like fast talking but for whatever reason the silences getting cut out really bugs me

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

$20 they just fill the pneumatic tube with beef and cheese

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

PostNouveau posted:

$20 they just fill the pneumatic tube with beef and cheese

Inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Pladdicus posted:

i am sure of so few things, but of this I am certain:

the quality of your life nor the fear of its end will not improve by finishing more podcasts

dammit