Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

fxlks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

hey fucks how's it going

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

we tortured some fucks

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I love when you get a bunch of woke Canadians in a room arguing for or against the gender neutrality of 'dude', that's my favorite.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bust Rodd posted:

I love when you get a bunch of woke Canadians in a room arguing for or against the gender neutrality of 'dude', that's my favorite.

stfu noob

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Yinz

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
dude is gender neutral and to say otherwise is california erasure

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shipon posted:

dude is gender neutral and to say otherwise is california erasure

ive run into the 'dude is gendered' take irl a few times which has nearly always made me laugh in their face. it reminds me of old people trying to get me to stop saying it when I was a kid.

man is debatable but its interchangable with dude to me, as is guy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
ever been in the room when a bunch of men are trying to explain to a bunch of women that ‘dude’ or ‘guys’ actually IS gender neutral… it’s pretty rough! I can’t imagine caring enough about how I refer to groups of people to try and fight about it. ‘folks’ exists and works perfectly well! Heck, you could even just yell “hey everybody” without having to turn it into a social issue. Isn’t that how Jorp got started, picking those kinds of fights? Why would you want to be like Jordan Peterson of all people?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

ive run into the 'dude is gendered' take irl a few times which has nearly always made me laugh in their face. it reminds me of old people trying to get me to stop saying it when I was a kid.

man is debatable but its interchangable with dude to me, as is guy

yeah then they try to pull the whole "ah but if i asked how many dudes you've hosed you'd say zero" and im like exactly

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trabisnikof posted:

yeah then they try to pull the whole "ah but if i asked how many dudes you've hosed you'd say zero" and im like exactly

context is important

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

dudes rock, but like, inclusively

selec
Sep 6, 2003

TheSlutPit posted:

dudes rock, but like, inclusively

dude/dudettes/dudex rock!*

* HR HAS INSTRUCTED US ALL TO STATE A DUDE PREFERENCE IN OUR INTRANET PROFILES

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
"dude" is gendered but "dood" isn't hth

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

ever been in the room when a bunch of men are trying to explain to a bunch of women that ‘dude’ or ‘guys’ actually IS gender neutral… it’s pretty rough! I can’t imagine caring enough about how I refer to groups of people to try and fight about it. ‘folks’ exists and works perfectly well! Heck, you could even just yell “hey everybody” without having to turn it into a social issue. Isn’t that how Jorp got started, picking those kinds of fights? Why would you want to be like Jordan Peterson of all people?

Holy slippery slope batman

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

pronouncing everybody like air buddy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bust rodd both posts like and looks exactly like the kind of guys in my DSA chapter who everyone tries to ignore, and is mildly afraid will perform a sex crime at some point.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao “my DSA chapter” ha ha ha holy poo poo and I was worried I was wasting my life with weed and video games

Bust Rodd has issued a correction as of 03:43 on Aug 13, 2021

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

You are.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Trabisnikof posted:

sorry i only gently caress bimbos

no, not bimbettes, who taught you declension

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bimbeaux

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao “my DSA meetings” ha ha ha holy poo poo and I was worried I was wasting my life with weed and video games

that's half the DSA

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

bimbx

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

the plural of bimbeau

which is not a bimbelle

also throwback lol at the brokebrain in cspam who felt that "coonass" was a racial slur of equal weight as the n-word (but against cajuns of course)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

john dolan has spoken about the nightmare that is the progressive-minded ontarian being the most wretched creature on this planet and i don't think he's wrong

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Bimbeau for your big tiddy goth bf

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Y'all folx

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the plural of bimbeau

which is not a bimbelle

also throwback lol at the brokebrain in cspam who felt that "coonass" was a racial slur of equal weight as the n-word (but against cajuns of course)

in the early 90s, a whole bunch of cajun pop culture stuff came out. ive no idea why

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i love it when they make jean claude van damme cajun. seen it in at least two different movies but there has to be more

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the waterboy was the pinnacle of the era

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the plural of bimbeau

which is not a bimbelle

Had to do some research on this one. Here's my conclusion: it is not necessarily and inherently a slur, but only in narrow circumstances (Cajuns talking to/about Cajuns), and in just about every single case where it'd be used outside of that it would be received as one, and it would be received on the same level as the n word. For all practical intents and purposes, unless it is being used by someone who's Cajun, it is of equal weight.

Please don't use it or make a point of using it, thanks.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

just get the text equivalent of this installed for the forums

quote:

Intel Bleep is an AI-powered software that will not only remove toxic voice chat on the fly, but it'll also let the user decide how much of that toxicity they want to be filtered out. And yes, there's even a specific toggle for the N-word.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

shrike82 posted:

computer, activate gamer mode *flips n-word to On*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Had to do some research on this one. Here's my conclusion: it is not necessarily and inherently a slur, but only in narrow circumstances (Cajuns talking to/about Cajuns), and in just about every single case where it'd be used outside of that it would be received as one, and it would be received on the same level as the n word. For all practical intents and purposes, unless it is being used by someone who's Cajun, it is of equal weight.

Please don't use it or make a point of using it, thanks.

finally, an n-word for white people

the excalislur. wield it wisely

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

coonass: the other c-word

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

shrike82 posted:

lol but does it include a setting for detecting people making fun of wytches and magick?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
New RWN about the afghan oopsie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
tip for all our yankee friends, if a southerner starts putting "all" in front of their "y'alls", poo poo is about to go down

for example: "all y'all some bitches"