Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I crashed to dashboard 6 or 7 times, but I put that down to just using sleep mode when not playing and playing for very long stretches otherwise. One time, thoughts etc. became a weird grey screen but that was only the once.

Oxxidation posted:

it’s a percent modifier on the initial drop rate. if an enemy has a 2% chance of dropping a pin and you have a 100% modifier, that chance will be 4%

this excludes Jackpot gear, which are flat increases to the initial drop rate. so if you have a Drop +5 accessory on, then that drop rate will now be 7%, or 14% with the modifier

Lode/Jackpot threads adds to the drop rate multiplier. 1 Jackpot thread and no other drop rate increases would take that 2% and make it 12%, since it adds 5 to the Drop Rate taking it from x1 to x6.

If it added to the drop rate percent, 6 Jackpot threads, the 2 Godmother Lode threads and then 4 Stepmother Lode threads would give you a minimum drop rate of 52% for anything. And that'd be before chaining and Killer Remix multipliers, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've been waiting for it all game but they sure picked a hell of a moment to finally play Twister. drat Week 3 starts strong.

The latter half of Week 2 finally started getting deeper into exploring the characters but then week 3 hits and they're suddenly going all in with each day being a pretty good dive into each party member. And it's been really great.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Oh, and chaining Noise takes your drop rate multiplier and multiplies it by the chain length, but that caps at 10 even if your chain is longer.
So if your drop rate from levels and equipment is x5.0 and you chain three battles it becomes x15.0. if you chain ten battles it becomes x50.0. if you chain 16 battles it's still x50.0 because it stopped increasing after 10 chains.

The rare blue noise that run away from you then triple that, iirc. So the example numbers I used above would become x45, x150, and x150 if they included a rare blue noise.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lotus Aura posted:

Lode/Jackpot threads adds to the drop rate multiplier. 1 Jackpot thread and no other drop rate increases would take that 2% and make it 12%, since it adds 5 to the Drop Rate taking it from x1 to x6.

If it added to the drop rate percent, 6 Jackpot threads, the 2 Godmother Lode threads and then 4 Stepmother Lode threads would give you a minimum drop rate of 52% for anything. And that'd be before chaining and Killer Remix multipliers, even.

well, that's dispiriting to know

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Remember, the pins are rolled for every individual noise in the fight, so the more Noise you face that you're trying to get the drop from in a chain, the better your odds

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

There any good like, google sheets for hunting down the last pins/etc you need with locations and poo poo?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A Sometimes Food posted:

There any good like, google sheets for hunting down the last pins/etc you need with locations and poo poo?

If you find it let me know. Put the game down until a list of material pins is out there so I can go step by step and find the 2-3 I'm missing for 100%

Kind of dumb to ask but does 100%ing the noisepedia actually get you one? If so that's where one of the drat things is :v: (I'm only at like 90 something)

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

A Sometimes Food posted:

Had to go back a bit in the thread, but someone posted a spreadsheet from Reddit.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
What day was the boss pufferfish on?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Supremezero posted:

What day was the boss pufferfish on?

I think it was W1D4, or whichever day had the first Dives.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Jade Rider posted:

I think it was W1D4, or whichever day had the first Dives.

This is correct. First Dive I missed gold on. Was very funny when I went back and clobbered it.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you find it let me know. Put the game down until a list of material pins is out there so I can go step by step and find the 2-3 I'm missing for 100%

Kind of dumb to ask but does 100%ing the noisepedia actually get you one? If so that's where one of the drat things is :v: (I'm only at like 90 something)

100% Noisepedia does nothing. I just got the platinum trophy, which requires all clothing and all pins, and my Noisepedia only has like 89% completion or something like that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does difficulty affect how many friend points you get from dives?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

YggiDee posted:

Does difficulty affect how many friend points you get from dives?

No... Not exactly, anyhow. Easy locks you to a Bronze result in them. Otherwise the other three difficulties are the same. No reason not to do every dive on Normal.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

W3D7 Can someone explain how the Shiba 3 part boss fight works. I beat him but I had to drop it to normal because he kicked my rear end so bad on hard. I know he goes invulnerable and in the last phase he has clones but I couldn't figure out how to consistently build up groove.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Regy Rusty posted:

W3D7 Can someone explain how the Shiba 3 part boss fight works. I beat him but I had to drop it to normal because he kicked my rear end so bad on hard. I know he goes invulnerable and in the last phase he has clones but I couldn't figure out how to consistently build up groove.

His clones are fake and any damage you deal does not actually register in any fashion, so lifesteal won't activate, and beat drops don't work. You need to either use an AOE pin or a pin that does not need to target a specific enemy to target as many Shiba clones as possible to figure out which one is the real one, or swap targets constantly. The real Shiba on the other hand, will always be the one that uses the huge laser beams in his last phase. Otherwise, swap targets and pay attention to the health bar.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Araxxor posted:

His clones are fake and any damage you deal does not actually register in any fashion, so lifesteal won't activate, and beat drops don't work. You need to either use an AOE pin or a pin that does not need to target a specific enemy to target as many Shiba clones as possible to figure out which one is the real one, or swap targets constantly. The real Shiba on the other hand, will always be the one that uses the huge laser beams in his last phase. Otherwise, swap targets and pay attention to the health bar.

If you're playing with headphones or speakers that make positional audio very clear, you can also listen to Shiba's voice lines to figure out where the real one is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Araxxor posted:

Thank you. Hopefully I'll do better when I return for the Hard drop (and ultimate :gonk:)

Rea posted:

If you're playing with headphones or speakers that make positional audio very clear, you can also listen to Shiba's voice lines to figure out where the real one is.

:stare: I will try this

Some of these late game boss fights are brutal, I also struggled with (W3 spoilers) Minamimoto's armored noise form and Susukichi's full transformation

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The way I did that fight was whenever i saw NULL pop up i would switch target and make sure I was smacking a blondie that gave me numbers before going back to wailing. For Minamimoto, I got blessed lmao i switched to the water vortex move just beofre that fight, turns out he's weak to water (and water is one of the best 200% fusion attacks) and when timed right vortex moves kinda bypass his mechanics. Susukichi the most important thing is to watch out for his big arm and make sure to dodge exactly as he starts swiping, and not during any part of the wind up

https://twitter.com/NekkoBlue/status/1425823362903941121

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 13, 2021

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just used really good pins you guys :smug:

Susukichi took a few tries because I was dumb and didn't go for cover, Minamimoto was tough but I scraped through the first time I fought him, and I loving fed Shiba his own teeth.

I lucked out on a few mutations and I had the healing bullets, Back to the Ewe-ture, and the one that shoots twin lasers of darkness and thow in a good melee pin and it solved 90% of my problems.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
For the last two or three days I rocked... i should probably go turn on the PS5 to give out the names but gently caress it
The water vortex pin
The darkness floating swords pin
A triangle pin that did like giant stand fists
A triangle uppercut pin that did vampire
A square bullet pin that did vampire
The Ice Discs pin

all had strength of 1100 or more, i think an average of like 1250

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For clothing that increases proc rates of status effects, is that for the whole party or just for the person who has it equipped

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

There's a button you can hit on the Threads screen (Options on PS4, probably Plus on Switch?) that will pull up the list of your abilities. Things that affect the entire party are listed at the top under "Team".

To actually answer your question, though, things that affect status effects, either increasing their frequency or increasing their duration, only ever affect the person equipped with that ability.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
another day spoilers: sure wish that minamimoto wasn't such a picky prick when it came to dining out. you're going to turn up your nose at ken doi's curry sampler, dude? quit being an rear end in a top hat and eat your dad's cooking!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

another day spoilers: sure wish that minamimoto wasn't such a picky prick when it came to dining out. you're going to turn up your nose at ken doi's curry sampler, dude? quit being an rear end in a top hat and eat your dad's cooking!

Wait, Ken is Sho’s father? When was that established?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It was part of the Another Day Tin Pin plot but I don't know if it's canon to the main story.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah right. Well, assuming it’s true in the main universe as well I guess he took his mom’s last name then.

It’s never mentioned in any of the secret reports (in either game) how any of the main Reapers/GMs actually died in the first place is it? I wouldn’t be surprised if not since we don’t even know how Shiki died

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

YggiDee posted:

It was part of the Another Day Tin Pin plot but I don't know if it's canon to the main story.

it almost certainly isn't but it's funny to pretend otherwise

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've been assuming that every character we meet was alive at some point. I think 'Angel' is just what happens after a few centuries of promotions.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Makes me wonder if there’s someone even above the Angels that’s been overseeing the whole thing

Oxxidation posted:

it almost certainly isn't but it's funny to pretend otherwise

He’s old enough at least and judging by this piece of official art the two have a somewhat similar fashion sense:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Larryb posted:

Makes me wonder if there’s someone even above the Angels that’s been overseeing the whole thing

joshua does mention his "mother and father," but he's frickin joshua so there's no way of knowing how much of that was meant to be facetious

interesting how all the angels we've seen are aloof misanthropes, pre-twewy joshua included, considering that the reapers' game is meant to weed out loners or uncooperative players. minamimoto is a freak of nature for player and reaper alike, but he'd fit right in with the angels

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

joshua does mention his "mother and father," but he's frickin joshua so there's no way of knowing how much of that was meant to be facetious

interesting how all the angels we've seen are aloof misanthropes, pre-twewy joshua included, considering that the reapers' game is meant to weed out loners or uncooperative players. minamimoto is a freak of nature for player and reaper alike, but he'd fit right in with the angels

Well it’s possible that even the Angels were once human (they all have full names after all). But yeah, so far just about every Angel we’ve seen is a manipulative rear end in a top hat to some degree.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Larryb posted:

Well it’s possible that even the Angels were once human (they all have full names after all). But yeah, so far just about every Angel we’ve seen is a manipulative rear end in a top hat to some degree.

we already have confirmation that game participants can be promoted to composer, which is basically an angel in middle-management. that's what makes it weirder, that the ones who oversee the reapers' game tend to be the antithesis of the people most likely to win it. the secret reports in neo already hint that the average angel is way closer to someone like kubo than, say, hanekoma

maybe there's some significance in how the game's c-suite are a bunch of detached pricks so removed from consequences that their direct participation often makes things worse for everybody

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Oxxidation posted:

maybe there's some significance in how the game's c-suite are a bunch of detached pricks so removed from consequences that their direct participation often makes things worse for everybody

There's an optional bit of dialogue in the original game where Joshua says that, rather than having to join the rat race like Neku, he's going to "find a job he can slack at and still get paid." :v:

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

serefin99 posted:

100% Noisepedia does nothing. I just got the platinum trophy, which requires all clothing and all pins, and my Noisepedia only has like 89% completion or something like that.

Yea, the trophy is only for 80% Noisepedia completion, which isn't too bad, but you still need 100% pin mastery, no?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

thehoodie posted:

Yea, the trophy is only for 80% Noisepedia completion, which isn't too bad, but you still need 100% pin mastery, no?

trophy is for 300 pins, there's 333 total

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Oxxidation posted:

Oh that's much more reasonable than fully 100%. I also find myself thinking about the game's combat 3 days after not playing it, so I may actually go back and finish up.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Does anyone happen to have a clean version of the ending image with the main group hanging out? I feel like it would make a good desktop background. I tried screenshotting it on PS5, but it put a copyright notice right on top of where the game logo is and it looks bad.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Beat the main story, in typical TWEWY fashion I'm still a bit confused but that's what the Secret Reports are for I assume.

Think first I'll go back and do some dives so I can unlock Ultimate, Boss noise, and the last combo bonus. Then I'll do Another Day, and get to hunting down reports before the real grind begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Oxxidation posted:

Close. There's 333 pins total, but that includes the yen and material pins. The actual number of masterable pins is 312. Still preferable to needing all of them (especially since I'm somehow missing Fuel To The Fire and don't feel like hunting it down), but not quite as big a cushion as it seems.